PDA

View Full Version : Hey, mod people...

(Alex) Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 06:04:15 PM
For my mercenary alliance thingy that I'm working on atm, I want to have a few starships, squadrons, and an army, among other things. Some stuff I already have, but I also want to have a number of Battle Droids, and a lot of NPC troops and things. Basically, I wanted to know if you want to put a limit on my size...tell me how much I can have of different things.

I want to be the new rebel alliance...so thats the sort of scale I'm going for.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 1st, 2004, 06:08:09 PM
There's already a new rebel alliance. It's called Terrisz'Voss, and has been in operation for a while now.

Dan the Man
May 1st, 2004, 06:14:29 PM
Are you in a group of five or more unique characters?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 1st, 2004, 07:13:03 PM
who me? yes.

Dan the Man
May 1st, 2004, 07:25:50 PM
no, not you.

(Alex) Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 07:28:36 PM
Yes I am. Definately more than 5...somewhere in the region of a dozen.

Ok...so we're not THE new rebel alliance. But we're A new rebel alliance. We're the more criminal, underhanded version. We're just out to give the Imps a hard time. In my defence, I didn't exactly know there was another alliance. I've already had stuff beginning to get set up for the last few days...and no one else mentioned it either. *shrug* The more of us there are trying to take down the Empire, the better. I'm pretty sure our motivation will be different to yours, anyway.

Anyway...if I put together an example fleet, can you give me the yay or nay?

Dan the Man
May 1st, 2004, 07:47:33 PM
who are your other members?

(Alex) Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 08:11:08 PM
Um...why? If you don't mind me asking. You're making me really suspicious...

Telan Desaria
May 1st, 2004, 08:15:09 PM
Because they need to know if the people are legitimate. Operating warships and an army requires IC as well as OOC dedication - more than one person can provide. All of our groups have had their share of ups and downs, but we pull through them with what we need.

What you propose is to tackle the Empire -- in all of its forms - - as we have a dozen members as well. In order for you to do that on IC terms, you need to be recognized by this community as a whole.

Morgan Evanar
May 1st, 2004, 08:20:51 PM
Originally posted by Jacen Dantarno
Um...why? If you don't mind me asking. You're making me really suspicious... Because part of the rules for owning more than a personal vessel is to have a group, which requires five different members.

(Alex) Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 08:21:03 PM
Aah. Ok. Well, there's me (Jacen Dantarno), Silvo, Jacen, Minion Alghieri, March Kalas, Xel-Naga (well, we're reserving a spot, anyway), Airen Xaar, Keldon Shaddow, and some other people I can't remember off the top of my head. There will be more, hopefully...but as I've just started, I don't really have the pull to attract more people yet. Once I've got some examples of what I do, I might get a few more people. I hope. At least, thats the plan. But I only started a few days ago, so...*shrug*

Khendon Sevon
May 1st, 2004, 08:22:30 PM
This topic has been discussed before.

You can have a military force that is reasonable. This reasonability is based on the number of planets you have and resources you hold.

Edit:

Here's a link :)
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35154

Darth Viscera
May 1st, 2004, 08:24:03 PM
Originally posted by Jacen Dantarno
Um...why? If you don't mind me asking. You're making me really suspicious...

Those are the rules. In order to create a new group you must first have at least 5 unique characters, each played by different people IRL.

edit~beaten like an ethnic minority in a country which is intolerant of ethnic minorities.

(Alex) Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 08:37:22 PM
I definately have more than those 5. I have a couple of dupe characters, but that was only so I could carry on posting while my mercs split up. I didn't give you the names of any dupes, tho.