PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while... (open)

Sarr Koon
May 1st, 2004, 01:57:26 PM
The Kel Dor strode through the doors leading into the Jedi Academy. His cloak swirled around his booted feet and the clawed hands were hidden in his cloak. How long had it been since he had last stepped foot inside the Academy? To long he thought to himself. Sarr had taken an extended leave to his home planet of Dorin and now he was back to pick up loose ends.

Sarr entered one of the many unoccupied sparring rooms and after taking off his cloak, he threw it into a corner. He consciously hoped that his fighting skills had not slackened during his time away. There had been times during his trip where his skills had been required, but they were not many.

The humanoid unhooked his lightsaber from his belt and ignited it in one swift motion. He stood in a combat stance with both hands gripped on the hilt of the elegant weapon. Sarr allowed the Force to flow unhaltingly through his body and he began to practice his moves. He knew that an opponent would be along shortly to test how much his skills had dwindled.

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 02:15:13 PM
Shade walked in the trainng ground, and glanced in the different rooms. He saw a Kel Dor and thought it was Spada, but before he could say anything, this one was different. He didn't realize that the order had another Kel Dor member. He walked quitely into the room, trying not to disturb him while he practiced. Shade could wait till he was done.

Sarr Koon
May 1st, 2004, 02:26:59 PM
The Kel Dor sensed the man that entered the room long before he saw him. It was easily identifiable that this man was no Padawan. Looked like the Kel Dor was going to have his hands full for his first spar back at the Academy. He drew his practice to a close and turned to the man. Sarr gave a slight bow and waited for him to speak.

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 02:31:01 PM
The Knight returned the bow. "Hello. My name is Shade Magus. And you are?"

Sarr Koon
May 1st, 2004, 02:42:56 PM
[i]"Sarr Koon. I have just returned from a long trip to Dorin. There were problems that I had to take care of. I am a withstanding member of the Jedi, however I am merely a Padawan. Do you know anything of Verse Dawnstrider?"

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 02:48:02 PM
Shade nodded slowly. "Yes he is an old freind of mine. Unfortunately he hasn't been heard from for a long time now. Why do you ask?"

Sarr Koon
May 1st, 2004, 03:12:18 PM
"He was the Jedi Master in charge of my training before I left for Dorin."

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 03:20:47 PM
"I see. T'm sorry to be the one to tell you he is gone, but you can always go ask the Council for advice when you want to."

Sarr Koon
May 1st, 2004, 04:07:02 PM
"I will do that, but first let's have ourselves a spar."

The Kel Dor reignited his lightsaber and the blue blade shot forward. Sarr did a series of backward flips and landed in a defensive stance.

"Whenver you are ready."

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 04:10:16 PM
Shade reached for the hilt of his lightsaber slowly, but as soon as it was in his grasp, the green blade shot forward with a snap-hiss. He dashed forward closing the gape between the two quickly. Before he was on top of Sarr, he twisted to the right and brought his lightsaber around in a wide arc.

Sarr Koon
May 1st, 2004, 04:23:03 PM
The Kel Dor took evasive action and did a quick back-flip. Shade's lightsaber hummed through nothing but air. Sarr had to give the man credit though, he was fast. After landing back on his feet, Sarr leaped forward with a sharp thrust.

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 04:27:51 PM
The thrust was deadly enough, but Shade wasn't there. His mastery of the fouth form of lightsaber techniques ensured that. He somersaulted into the air, twisting his body when he was over Sarr and took a quick jab with his saber to the Kel Dor's left arm.

Sarr Koon
May 1st, 2004, 04:36:38 PM
Sarr swung his lightsaber up to deflect the blow and a sharp crackling filled the air as the 2 blades made contact. When Shade landed on the gound, the Kel Dor was in the process of doing a low legsweep.

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 04:39:27 PM
With the stance he was in, Shade only had to lift one leg and he was clear of the attack. When his foot touched back to ground, hepushed off his other and thrust his blade forward.

Sarr Koon
May 2nd, 2004, 04:04:53 AM
The Kel Dor recovered from his legsweep and turned to meet Shade only to see a sharp thrust of his lightsaber heading straight towards him. His Kel Dor reflexes allowed him to swing his lightsaber just in time in order to parry the incoming blow.

Wow! That was close

Sarr brought his lightsaber down in a diagonal slash across Shade's body.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 04:07:40 AM
Shade wasn't there as the blade came down. With reflexes only honed from years of experience and use of the Force, the Jedi was beside Sarr. He brought his lightsaber down under the Kel Dor's so that when he pulled up, they were locked face to face btween the weapons' deadly blades.

Sarr Koon
May 2nd, 2004, 04:58:22 AM
The Kel Dor looked fixedly at Shade through his goggled eyes. Even with the two blades so near his face he was not effected by the brightness or the loud crackling. Shade did not seem to mind it in the least as well. Sarr pushed out in an attempt to break contact but Shade held fast. Bringing his knee up, Sarr aimed a blow at the midsection of Shade.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 05:02:12 AM
Shade broke away and watched Sarr's knee come up in front of him. He jumped into the air and using the Padawan's knee, pushed off again going even higher into the air. He did a slow backflip, bringing his blade back down in front of him.

Sarr Koon
May 2nd, 2004, 04:51:42 PM
Sarr swung his lightsaber upward and the two blades made contact. Once Shade made contact with the ground the Kel Dor let off a long chain of slashes trying to push the Jedi Knight backwards.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 04:58:14 PM
Shade stood his ground, deflecting the blows, until one almost made it through and he had to step back, and that was when he felt himself start being pushed back as he continued to weave his lightsabre around, deflecting attacks.

Sarr Koon
May 2nd, 2004, 05:57:29 PM
Sarr continued his barrage of attacks on Shade and continue to drive him back. It should not be this easy the Kel Dor thought and he knew that Shade was going easy on him. I'll just to make him work a little harder Sarr attacked even more ferociously and quicker against the Jedi Knight.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 05:59:58 PM
Shade swung his lightsaber around faster as the attack came. As a particularly dangerous attack came at shoulder level, he ducked and swept under Sarr's feet.

Sarr Koon
May 2nd, 2004, 07:49:25 PM
With the help of the Force, Sarr did a long series of aerial backward flips to put distance between himself and Shade. He landed lightly on his feet with his lightsaber gripped in his left hand. Taking on a defensive stance, he waited for Shade to attack.

Shade Magus
May 3rd, 2004, 06:13:41 PM
Shade leapt into the air and coming close to a wall, pushed off of it. He flipped towards Sarr, slashing at his right forearm.

Sarr Koon
May 3rd, 2004, 09:45:23 PM
The Kel Dor, with his feet planted firmly on the ground, twisted his back and leaned backwards. He straightened himself while bringing his saber around in a powerful slash aimed at Shade's midsection.

Shade Magus
May 4th, 2004, 12:45:17 AM
Shade rolled to the right, narrowly avoiding the blade. He landed in a defensive position, awawaiting Sarr's next move. "You're doing really well."

Sarr Koon
May 4th, 2004, 08:31:57 AM
The Kel Dor was pleased to hear Shade say this. The last time he had entered into a true lightsaber contest with another was before his trip to Dorin. "I am pleased that you think so, Shade. You're an exceptionally skilled fighter yourself." Sarr darted quickly towards Shade and twisting his body around, brought his saber around in a hard horizontal slash.

Shade Magus
May 4th, 2004, 04:45:51 PM
Shade brought his lightsaber up and around. The two blades met and sizzled. "I think it has to do with my blood."

Sarr Koon
May 4th, 2004, 06:18:29 PM
The two lightsabers remained locked and sizzled. A Kel Dor's facial expressions are extremely difficult to read, so Shade did not see the bewilderment. "What do you mean by that?"

Shade Magus
May 4th, 2004, 06:23:25 PM
Shade pushed the blades back and spun around, his blade coming high enough to slash parallel with Sarr's shoulders. "Let's just say I'm not quite human."

Sarr Koon
May 5th, 2004, 01:00:04 AM
With both hands gripped on the hilt, Sarr point the saber down and brought it up to knock Shade's attack askew. The Kel Dor twisted his mouth into a smile beneath his anti-oxygen mask. "Well, neither am I. What exactly are you then?" Sarr brought his saber down in a vertical slash and Shade's saber connected again and began to sizzle once more.

Shade Magus
May 5th, 2004, 05:17:26 AM
Shade pushed back with his saber and inverted it, so he was holdingit upside down. He began weaving it side to side pushing towards Sarr. "Saiya-jin is what I believe you would call me."

Sarr Koon
May 5th, 2004, 11:49:21 AM
The Kel Dor broke off contact with Shade and stood motionless. He let his lightsaber drop so that it almost touched the floor. Sarr had no clue what a "Saiya-jin" was and one thing he did not like was to appear ignorant. Deciding to swallow his pride. He asked the question that was rolling through his mind. "What is a Saiya-jin?"

Shade Magus
May 5th, 2004, 12:42:00 PM
"Saiya-jins, were a race of warriors, but they are now all but extinct. There are very few ofus remaining today. We have very unique metabolisms and our healing makes us near to invincible."

Sarr Koon
May 5th, 2004, 06:18:32 PM
"Would you care to elaborate further? You have me interested now. Are you able to regenerate apendages?"

Shade Magus
May 5th, 2004, 06:37:15 PM
"Not exactly. We heal much quicker from wounds and if we heal from a near fatal injury our natural strength will nearly double."

Sarr Koon
May 6th, 2004, 12:05:02 AM
If the Kel Dor had been a human, his jaw would have been on the floor after Shade's last revelation. However, he was not and Shade could see no visible reaction from Sarr.

"That is quite intriquing. Are there any dark Saiya-jins in the galaxy?"

Shade Magus
May 8th, 2004, 04:16:09 PM
Shade smiled as he twirled his lightsaber absentmindedly. "Fortunately I don't believe so. Not many of us remain, and those of us that do prefer to go about as if we are human."

Sarr Koon
May 8th, 2004, 10:11:25 PM
"Good to hear. Having a Saiya-jin enemy sounds like a daunting prospect."

Shade Magus
May 8th, 2004, 10:14:54 PM
"Yes it is, but luckily for us we don't go around destroying and stuff like that. We used to be a conquering race, but as our numbes dwindled, we found that by being peaceful we could still reach across the galaxy and we wouldn't be hunted as much. Now our fighting is only honed as a tradition."

Sarr Koon
May 9th, 2004, 12:35:11 AM
The Kel Dor flicked off his lightsaber and hung it from his belt.

"Do you think the Jedi Archives have much information about Saiya-jins?"

Shade Magus
May 9th, 2004, 01:09:17 PM
"I doubt it. There weren't many of us to begin with. If there is then it would be mentioned with space pirates."

Sarr Koon
May 9th, 2004, 01:42:34 PM
Sarr walked over to the corner where he had flung his cloak and picked it up. He slipped it over his shoulders and turned to Shade.

"That's to bad, I would have liked to do some research..."

Shade Magus
May 9th, 2004, 01:44:19 PM
"You can try, but you'll be hard pressed to find a refrence of us. I'm not saying it isn't there, but that it will take a lot to find it."

Sarr Koon
May 9th, 2004, 06:18:36 PM
"I will look into it, Shade."

From behind the goggles imbeded into his skin, he looked intently at Shade for a brief moment contemplating.

[i]"Would you mind assisting me with something? I need to make an appearance before the Jedi Council to show that I have returned and to discuss what is to be done about my training since I here Verse Dawnstrider is no longer around."

Shade Magus
May 10th, 2004, 05:14:14 PM
"It would be my pleasure."

Sarr Koon
May 10th, 2004, 05:55:43 PM
OOC: Ok, now can we do the thread in the Temple? I'm the only who to reply to it. =P

Shade Magus
May 11th, 2004, 12:51:34 AM
OOC whenever one of the council members reply

Sarr Koon
May 11th, 2004, 01:11:06 AM
ooc: ok, that might be a while