PDA

View Full Version : Voldemort in Harry Potter IV and new Harry Potter Trailer

darth_mcbain
May 1st, 2004, 12:52:16 PM
According to IMDB:

Hollywood star John Malkovich has landed a starring role in the next Harry Potter movie, playing evil Lord Voldemort. The Dangerous Liaisons actor's daughters Amandine, 13 and Lowrie, 12 - huge fans of the fantasy franchise - convinced him to appear in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire. But he will have to share the part with a computerized puppet - at the beginning of the film, the wizard is supposed to be so wasted by his own evil he is barely a skeleton. A movie insider says, "He is perfect for the role. He will play the 'restored' human version of Lord Voldemort and has a spectacular fight scene with Harry at the end of the film." Mike Newell has taken on directing duties on the fourth Potter picture, which recently began shooting. The first two were helmed by Chris Columbus and the third - the soon to be released Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban - was directed by Alfonso Cuaron.

I think Malkovich would be awesome in that role!!!

Jedi Master Carr
May 1st, 2004, 08:37:43 PM
WB has squashed those rumors, they say they aren't true. I personally would rather have Jermey Irons he would make a good Voldemort.

imported_Eve
May 1st, 2004, 08:45:37 PM
Yeah, but remember he kinda stank in Dungeons and Dragons (IMO, at least)? I did think Voldy in the Sorcerer's stone was Irons. I mean, it sounded like him.

Malkovich isn't English, and the fansites say they like the entire cast to be English.

Jedi Master Carr
May 1st, 2004, 08:56:21 PM
Well I don't blame Irons for that movie, it isn't his fault the script was awful and had a bad cast except for him. He has been brilliant in other movies and has done some good job as bad guys. Besides Irons I can't think of anybody else who fits the part age wise. Maybe Tim Roth.

imported_Eve
May 1st, 2004, 09:00:29 PM
Oooh. He's good. Maybe too young though. Nothing some makeup and red contacts couldn't help.

Sean Piett
May 1st, 2004, 10:56:28 PM
So its not Rowan?

Jedi Master Carr
May 1st, 2004, 11:56:44 PM
That was made up he is too much of a comedian to be Voldemort. I actually can't think of anybody else, I once tried to picture Anthony Hopkins but doesn't fit the part (I think he could play a great Mad Eye Moody though). If Christopher Lee was younger I take him but he is too old to play that part. Ian Mckellan? Maybe (although he may not want to play another fantasy part).

Dasquian Belargic
May 2nd, 2004, 02:38:03 AM
Irons would be awesome! I don't care if he sucked in D&D, he just oozes evil :D

Droo
May 2nd, 2004, 07:23:35 AM
I'd like to see Irons as Voldemort, he has the voice.

Zachariah Darmok
May 2nd, 2004, 11:03:52 AM
I must admit i was looking foward to atkinson perhaps playing that role.

Jedi Master Carr
May 2nd, 2004, 11:36:00 AM
Rowan couldn't pull it off for me, he has just played too many silly roles.

Droo
May 2nd, 2004, 12:47:07 PM
I love Rowan Atkinson but he is not Voldemort. Sorry.

Jedi Master Carr
May 2nd, 2004, 08:32:26 PM
Exactly. I also thought of another person who could play Voldemort Terance Stamp, he could do it, IMO.

Jedi Master Carr
May 2nd, 2004, 09:36:10 PM
Speaking of Harry Potter, a new trailer up this one from France (its in english just has French subtitles) it is awesome this one really really makes me with I had a time turner :p

ftp://public1.ftp.mugglenet.com:9000/azkaban/may2004_french_trailer_wmv_high.zip

No Quicktime unfortunetly but here is the link to the best version in WM, they have a real player version up too.

Morgan Evanar
May 4th, 2004, 02:10:33 PM
Quicktime is terrible. I wish the movie industry would get away from it and embrace something like Ogg.

Dasquian Belargic
May 4th, 2004, 02:13:41 PM
I like this new trailer. Buckbeak looks cool!

darth_mcbain
May 4th, 2004, 03:16:44 PM
Yeah - looks pretty sweet - although the picture was very dark. Buckbeak looked awesome - as did Lupin as a werewolf if that was indeed what it was - it was dark and it was only on the screen for a second or so...

Dasquian Belargic
May 4th, 2004, 03:18:50 PM
I didn't see that :o I didn't see much really, to be honest. Like you say, it was very dark. I still don't like the choice of casting for Lupin. His voice just sounds... bleugh. And the poster I've seen of him he doesn't look at all how I picture him.

Jedi Master Carr
May 4th, 2004, 03:45:39 PM
I like Thewlis as Lupin. Also Sirus speaks in the trailer Only one will die tonight Great Line :) And Radlciff looks like got some acting lessons he looks 10x better in this movie.

imported_Eve
May 4th, 2004, 06:21:01 PM
You know when I read the books I see Quentin Terantino (SP I know I butchered it) as Lupin. Weird eh?

Figrin D'an
May 4th, 2004, 06:48:23 PM
Originally posted by Eve
You know when I read the books I see Quentin Terantino (SP I know I butchered it) as Lupin. Weird eh?

hehe...

I think Tarantino should direct one of the HP films. That would be frelling awesome. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2004, 07:00:56 PM
I don't think the world is ready for a Tarentino Harry Potter. I mean, c'mon, an R rated kids movie??;)

Figrin D'an
May 4th, 2004, 07:06:55 PM
But... but... he'd make the dialogue witty? C'mon, they can handle a few limbs and some spurting blood if we get witty dialogue!

:D

imported_Eve
May 4th, 2004, 07:54:50 PM
Well I'd go see it, as long as they keep the same kids.

Jedi Master Carr
May 4th, 2004, 08:14:35 PM
Heh I don't think that would work.

Ryla Relvinian
May 4th, 2004, 08:14:44 PM
I was still hoping for Ewan Macgregor as Lupin. Think about it... Chain-smoking, growling... What could be better? Thewlis is good in other movies and I do hope he'll do him justice.

imported_Eve
May 4th, 2004, 08:20:17 PM
Ewan McGreggor in any movie is good.

I didn't picture Lupin with a mustache. I can't recall his description in the book saying he had one, just that he always looked sick and pale (because you know why).

Jedi Master Carr
May 4th, 2004, 08:26:40 PM
I think McGregor was a little young honestly. When they cast Rickman as Snape they had to cast Sirus and Lupin in their early 40's to kind of match Snape's age.