PDA

View Full Version : Introductions (Ruth Leofsiege)

Jubei SaDherat Vader
May 1st, 2004, 10:46:25 AM
In the silence of one of the Jedi Temples many courtyards, the Calanic monk sits waiting. He had received a request from one of the Order’s Padawans, who had only recently joined – she wished to meet with him, to discuss his tutoring her in the Jedi arts. Soon she would arrive, and then Jubei could begin to assess her potential for training.

Ruth Leofsiege
May 4th, 2004, 09:12:35 PM
Ruth walks into the courtyard. She is trying to hide the nervousness that has washed over her, threatening to anchor her legs to the ground. Her nervousness increases when she sees the monk. Still, Ruth manages to overcome her trepidation enough to walk over to him.

Stopping in front of the monk, Ruth bows low to him. "Thank you for agreeing to meet with me, sir."

Jubei SaDherat Vader
May 7th, 2004, 11:14:33 AM
Jubei gave a curt nod in greeting and then motioned for Ruth to sit.

“You have your audience, Padawan Leofsiege. Speak your mind.”

Ruth Leofsiege
May 19th, 2004, 02:18:15 PM
Feeling her anxiety ease slightly, Ruth sat down. She cleared her throat, looked at Jubei, and began. "As you know, sir, I would like for you to be my master. I asked to speak with you in order to find out if I possess the qualities required to be trained by you, sir."

Jubei SaDherat Vader
May 27th, 2004, 12:16:15 PM
Jubei nodded curtly.

“Does the thought of combat and the heat of battle excite you?” he asked, in reply.

Ruth Leofsiege
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:49:37 AM
Ruth shook her head. "No, battle holds no attraction for me. I have seen enough violence to know that nothing but evil will come of it."

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jun 26th, 2004, 04:01:37 AM
Continuing, he inquired, “Is it unnecessary then, do you believe, for you to learn how to fight?”

Ruth Leofsiege
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:43:33 PM
"I believe it is important to know how to defend myself." Ruth replied. She did not feel nervous now, only anxious to meet Master Jubei's expectations. "However, I do not want to fight someone unless there is no way to avoid a fight. Violence should be a last resort, not the first action."

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jun 28th, 2004, 10:53:04 AM
Again, Jubei nodded. Her answers were satisfactory.

“Tell me, Padawan Leofsiege, do you practice any kind of exercise regime on a regular basis?”

Ruth Leofsiege
Jul 13th, 2004, 09:13:03 PM
She nodded. "Every morning I do some stretches and run. I also do some strength exercises every other day."

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jul 17th, 2004, 07:13:58 AM
“You must do them every day. You will need your strength for when your training begins.”

Jubei dipped a hand into his robes and removed a small book. It was unusual to see items like this, in a world where datapads and computers were common place. It was bound with a leather of some kind, and looked as though it had been well read.

“This explains an efficient routine to improve your core and body strength. You can read it during the trip to Yavin.”

With that said, he stood and began to walk from the courtyard back into the Temple grounds, expecting Ruth to follow.