PDA

View Full Version : Leaving.

Azhure Darkstone
May 1st, 2004, 03:57:06 AM
I had thought to leave by a long rp sequence and then a quick exit, but I find that I don't feel like I want to create that huge long rp, and I want to make this short and sweet. And there are a few things I want to say before I leave IC and for the most part OOC.

Yes, I am leaving, no not for a break, bot forever. Maybe one day I wil come back I find I can no longer stay here and I have a few reasons why, and perhaps it should be common knowledge so you may look at it and perhaps think about what I've said.

But first I want to thank everyone from over the last five years who have made an impact on me as a person, prodominantly as a writer and as a roleplayer. Thank-you for the friendships, all of which, if you are willing, I plan to keep over AIM, MSN or Yahoo. The people who I really have connected to in SWFans, and have great respect for their rping are Micheal, Ryan, Carlos and Alex. They have influenced my style in little ways that have helped improved my rp style and theres nothing I can say to them that would convey my thanks.
The more recent people I've met: Wei, Navaria, Dalamar, have also earned my respect and I wish you guys all the luck in the world. There are a lot of others too, and I apologise if I have failed to mention you, you are no less important.

I had thought to leave by a long rp sequence and then a quick exit, but I find that I don't feel like I want to create that huge long rp, and I want to make this short and sweet. And there are a few things I want to say before I leave IC and for the most part OOC.

Yes, I am leaving, no not for a break, bot forever. Maybe one day I will come back I find I can no longer stay here and I have a few reasons why, and perhaps it should be common knowledge so you may look at it and perhaps think about what I've said.

But first I want to thank everyone from over the last five years who have made an impact on me as a person, predominantly as a writer and as a role-player. Thank-you for the friendships, all of which, if you are willing, I plan to keep over AIM, MSN or Yahoo. The people who I really have connected to in SWFans, and have great respect for their rping are Mikeal, Ryan, Carlos and Alex. They have influenced my style in little ways that have helped improved my rp style and there’s nothing I can say to them that would convey my thanks.
The more recent people I've met: Wei, Navaria, Dalamar, have also earned my respect and I wish you guys all the luck in the world. There are a lot of others too, and I apologise if I have failed to mention you, you are no less important.

Now for the issues, the less nice stuff.

1. Respect. The respect for people here, especially by some, have gone down. There is double standards, primarily with the treatment of those who the community generally dislikes because of a small or big issue. However these people who I won't mention have no right to not include them or give them equal respect, as it is not their place to do so in a rp community in public eye. It would be appreciated if ooc issues stay within messenger boundaries.

2. Respect people's idea. More than a few times I have seen some people bag others ideas in a rude manner, making the person feel small, and this is not on. I hate watching it and it disgusts me but it has become more common. I'm sure you can all think of the smallest example. Furthermore, there have been ideas coming up, and if a certain unpopular person brings it up the idea is again bagged, but if a popular person brings the exact same idea up it is praised. It may be the way the rp is going at the time but other than that I can't figure out any other reason as to why this happens. If you don't like an idea please just don't say anything, cause you just end up hurting someone’s feelings. Two wrongs don't make a right. it just brings you down to their level and are you sure you want to be there?

On the positive side, there are a lot of great role-players here, a lot of respectful people and a lot of decent people who encourage and support their fellow rpers, and I love seeing spirit. Just don't let it die because I'm watching it slowly, almost invisibly die over the last four years, especially since TSE left and it would be a shame for that to happen.
I love this board as much as one can love a huge bunch of code and 0's and 1's and even if I'm leaving it, because there always comes that time, doesn’t mean I leave behind bad memories, because I have a lot of great ones with great people and I wish Ogre, the staff and the role-players the best rp times they can possibly have.

Thank-you for allowing me to rp on this site SWFans, it wasn’t pleasant sometimes but for 90% it was complete pleasure and I don’t regret the last 5 years I've given SWFans forums. I've learnt a lot from you all.

I will be making one last post in GJO and this one, and from here on I can be contacted on my Azhure PM until I can get the people I need to stay in contact with (since PM is the only way they reach me) to find other ways to do so.
And I will visit and say hello now and then, but I am no longer a regular visitor and I will miss this place, even though it's time to leave.

Good luck guys, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say and you bear no ill will toward me, because I never intended that.

Cheers, Tea` (hugz)

Phil
May 1st, 2004, 04:35:11 AM
Originally posted by Azhure Darkstone
1. Respect. The respect for people here, especially by some, have gone down. There is double standards, primarily with the treatment of those who the community generally dislikes because of a small or big issue. However these people who I won't mention have no right to not include them or give them equal respect, as it is not their place to do so in a rp community in public eye. It would be appreciated if ooc issues stay within messenger boundaries.

2. Respect people's idea. More than a few times I have seen some people bag others ideas in a rude manner, making the person feel small, and this is not on. I hate watching it and it disgusts me but it has become more common. I'm sure you can all think of the smallest example. Furthermore, there have been ideas coming up, and if a certain unpopular person brings it up the idea is again bagged, but if a popular person brings the exact same idea up it is praised. It may be the way the rp is going at the time but other than that I can't figure out any other reason as to why this happens. If you don't like an idea please just don't say anything, cause you just end up hurting someone’s feelings. Two wrongs don't make a right. it just brings you down to their level and are you sure you want to be there?

I've occasionally talked to you in IM. Your a nice person all around. Your characters, like everyone elses here are unique and will no doubt be sorely missed.

However..

I can't think of one time that an idea that has been brought up to the populace; by anyone, that has been shut down in an aggressive manner. Moderators and other well known, long time standing veterans of this board put their opinions in, good or bad. If that's disrespectful, please tell me your definition of respect.

And regardless if community members like others or not, they are treated with the utmost respect from adminstrators and moderators. There's no disrespect for how long they've been RPing (newbies). Or who they are, or what idea has been proposed. It's constructive criticism. I remember when Morgan proposed a wipe of the timeline. It was frowned on by many, no one really wanted to do it- but it was then suggested that we do a seperate RP welcoming this.

No one said.. "I hate this idea. It's stupid, we shouldn't do it.". They looked at it with all angles and thought a way to do it, differently. Same can be said with different factions / groups that have sprung up. The Cabal, the groups from the Shards of The Hand. Compromise is always made.

That being said, I hope you enjoy your time away, and we await your return. Thanks for being here.

Wei Wu Wei
May 1st, 2004, 07:51:27 AM
See you around AIM, I guess. You're always welcome to talk to me if you ever feel the need to.

spada
May 1st, 2004, 08:01:00 AM
I never got to see you, but seeing as you have been here for 5 years, I am sad that I never will get a chance to RP with you. Good luck in the real world!! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 1st, 2004, 10:22:36 AM
Just so you know, if your account is inactive for a year it will be deleted (just like all the other inactive accounts), so you might want to make sure you do set up some other way for people to contact you, since you won't be posting here anymore. Plus, if you're not coming back, I don't see how you will check your PMs, but then, I have a headache, so it's a little fuzzy right now.

That being said, have a great life, but I doubt you're gone forever. I bet you post to this thread like twenty more times. They always do. ;)

Brian
May 1st, 2004, 10:30:13 AM
Don't underestimate the power of having better things to do, Lil. :)

I hope things go okay for you, Tea. Take it easy, and try not to let people get to you. Life's easier that way.

Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 01:32:06 PM
Take it easy and have fun. Hope to see you around sometime, but if not. Have a nice life. :)
/Shade Magus

AmazonBabe
May 1st, 2004, 02:21:50 PM
See you around, Azhure. Hope you do well for yourself. :hug

Kelt Simoson
May 1st, 2004, 02:23:38 PM
Take it easy, girl.

TheHolo.Net
May 1st, 2004, 03:53:10 PM
Departure threads such as this are forbidden per the SWFans FAQ section V.L.2.b

Thread closed.