PDA

View Full Version : The Crimson Corps

Telan Desaria
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:18:06 PM
In response to increasing threat of piracy and mercenaries being used against the Empire, a new branch of the service has been created. They will fly their flag under the Inquisitoriate Banner and be known as the Crimson Guard.

The mandate of the Crimson Guard will be to act as the iron hand of the Empire, exacting vengeance on those illicit forces who seek to do us harm. They will thus be absorbing into them the Department of Customs from the Fleet. They will be trained explicitly for action against pirates, pirate bases, mercenaries, and the like. They will be ruthless and unyielding.

In addition, they will be used as guard detail for the officials of the Civil Administration, namely the Chancellor and his Ministers.

Their uniform will be black breeches with a red tunic. There will be a red trouser-seem stripe and a black cuff-band.

As a note of just how serious we are, their boarding parties will be armed with the most violent weapon in the arsenal - disruptors. As these weapons are hideously painful it will send a message that we are not kidding. Internal security is very serious.

Teleran Balades
May 1st, 2004, 10:07:52 AM
Disrupters? I like.

This wouldn't have anything to do with Jacen mercs would it? He's starting to aggravate me.

Telan Desaria
May 1st, 2004, 10:17:14 AM
It would indeed.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 1st, 2004, 10:57:35 AM
I can't believe this. Exotics. EXOTICS! Has the boy decided to even steal from the departments that make up Terrisz'Voss???

smush him

Teleran Balades
May 1st, 2004, 12:23:03 PM
Let me take him in the race. Oh, I would love that role, if Esalis doesn't take it.

Telan Desaria
May 1st, 2004, 12:31:58 PM
Why don't you both go.....

Together or separately, it is strictly volunteer.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
May 1st, 2004, 03:07:56 PM
Disruptors have been outlawed for many years now. Bringing them back would be ...... oh wait the Chiss never stopped using them nevermind.

Teleran Balades
May 1st, 2004, 06:40:49 PM
Wouldn't some people object to us using disrupter? Personally, I don't think it's a problem because we're restricting it to singal group.

Telan Desaria
May 1st, 2004, 08:03:01 PM
They can't. It's canon technology and best of all, the Guide to Weapons and Technology said that while the Empire banned them as weapons, the members of the Inquisitoriate were known to carry them with impunity!

R. S. Esalis
May 1st, 2004, 08:19:36 PM
Impunity. That is such a harsh word, Grand Admiral. Do I dare suspect you think ill of myself and my people?

Tear
May 1st, 2004, 11:11:07 PM
I'll Deal with him when i have some spare time.

Telan Desaria
May 2nd, 2004, 12:16:32 AM
dare. do dare...

R. S. Esalis
May 2nd, 2004, 12:22:36 AM
It is very much well known how much you despise what I do - as well as the person I am. I will have you know however, that I do not think such things of you.

Evil thoughts, Grand Admiral. Evil thoughts will consume you if you are not careful.

May 2nd, 2004, 12:55:24 AM
Don't give in to that SIN and TEMPTATION

Telan Desaria
May 2nd, 2004, 09:02:46 AM
Sin. Me? Never!

Tiberius Anar
May 2nd, 2004, 02:11:39 PM
Originally posted by Teleran Balades
Wouldn't some people object to us using disrupter? Personally, I don't think it's a problem because we're restricting it to singal group.

The Propaganda Ministry can deal with this. We just say that the people that the Crimson Corps is hunting have been using them. (And of course we arrange for this to have happened at some point)

Telan Desaria
May 2nd, 2004, 02:24:46 PM
Some one needs to RP our minister of propoganda and use Goebbels as an avatar.

Jarek T'chort
May 2nd, 2004, 06:57:34 PM
Back to the hyperactive merc - why not use him against the Federacy? Manipulate him somehow (suggestions?) to attack them, thus making the wrath of the Federacy fall upon him. That way we damage two enemies at once.

Teleran Balades
May 2nd, 2004, 07:20:52 PM
Do we have any stolen federacy craft? Attack him with one during the race.

Travis North
May 2nd, 2004, 07:35:31 PM
We probably have one of there shuttles or early model starfighters.

Telan Desaria
May 2nd, 2004, 08:46:51 PM
I am leaving this mission up to the Inquisitor - -forward your suggestions to her.

Tiberius Anar
May 3rd, 2004, 11:59:03 AM
Minister of Propaganda= Blomberg one of my NPC's

And this Jacen Thingy is he really a problem or did I miss something?

Teleran Balades
May 3rd, 2004, 02:52:58 PM
He's not really a problem, just really annoying. He doesn't have anything to back up what he says.

Travis North
May 3rd, 2004, 03:25:22 PM
Not here anyway. Although I do think we should be a bit more nicer to him. He's a noob, mind you a well educated noob which deserves a little attention. Bit not the attention of him being a threat which we're giving him.

May 4th, 2004, 12:31:05 AM
He is trying to do too much. simple as that

May 4th, 2004, 12:06:33 PM
ok one thing.

Why is the Sov. tying to catch him? Because he is trying to do to much? He has done nothing In Character yet. so really why does the Sov even know he exsists?

Umm Guys. This is wrong. Not trying to spoil your fun. but you would not have a reason to want him captured. at least no In Character.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 4th, 2004, 12:29:28 PM
Originally posted by Travis North
Bit not the attention of him being a threat which we're giving him.

That's why I wish our (well, not my glorious leader, but hey) glorious leader hadn't said anything about Jacen angering the Empire :\

Originally posted by STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
ok one thing.

Why is the Sov. tying to catch him? Because he is trying to do to much? He has done nothing In Character yet. so really why does the Sov even know he exsists?

Umm Guys. This is wrong. Not trying to spoil your fun. but you would not have a reason to want him captured. at least no In Character.

true enough.

I figured that you would be going after him because of the VSD thing - even if Apraxin isn't a part of the Sov, AFAIK :huh

May 4th, 2004, 12:47:46 PM
Oh im doing my homework on this one. The vic is a hunk of metal. and one vic dosnt bother me. a bloodfire can take a vic anyday. I just think you guys should give him a chance. yes he may have been a little eger. well heck alot eger. but he hasnt dont jack IC yet.

Telan Desaria
May 4th, 2004, 12:57:39 PM
iCly, the Inquisitoriate keeps tabs on all people.

May 4th, 2004, 01:21:26 PM
i understand that. but hs has done nothing IC for them to keep tabs on you are acting on OOC disapproval of his actions. beleave me i dont like his actions any more then you guys but it falls in the OOC realm.

Telan Desaria
May 4th, 2004, 01:43:30 PM
ICly, he is forming an independent rebel cell bent on hurting the Empire. He has begun that. That is IC knowledge. The Inquisitoriate would get wind of it and begin its procedure of assessing the situation then eradicating it.

ICly, with that sole exception, we re paying no attention to him.

OOC - I wish him well. WE must foster all new rpers. But we can be prepared as well. I am the foremost proponent of IC and OOC separation. IC, Desaria would not know this group if he was hit by every one of them. An he will not for some time - if ever. No one of any appreciable rank would - things like this are handled at the lowest level of internal command.

Travis North
May 4th, 2004, 01:46:39 PM
I still don't think we should go after him though for him just being an over eger.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 4th, 2004, 01:49:20 PM
just don't put too much wind in his sails.

I've already said my piece in the Dantarno Engineering thread. He needs to majorly slow down, and if he won't do it on advice and requests, then simply ignore him. It's the only way he'll understand that he's got to build himself up, not start out already established.

I understand he's trying to do (establish himself) that ICly, but he's also got so much other stuff going on that already the whole thing is a mess in my eyes.

Telan Desaria
May 4th, 2004, 02:55:09 PM
I agree. This matter is closed. He is a non-entity until further notice. New business?

Travis North
May 4th, 2004, 03:03:45 PM
Crimson Guard reminds me of the Emporer's Royal Guard.

Telan Desaria
May 4th, 2004, 03:07:02 PM
It's supposed to be foreboding and very scary. jarek and I thought it up.

Travis North
May 4th, 2004, 03:16:19 PM
It sound frightning. I should have Darriann get in a mix up with these guys.

Telan Desaria
May 4th, 2004, 03:32:21 PM
You can. But beware - they use disruptors.

Travis North
May 4th, 2004, 03:40:34 PM
I'm a master of disguise and escapism.

Telan Desaria
May 4th, 2004, 03:41:50 PM
I don't doubt it!

Teleran Balades
May 4th, 2004, 05:07:08 PM
Don't forget, a master of contradictrng oneself.

Travis North
May 4th, 2004, 06:11:58 PM
Jack of all trades shall we say.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 4th, 2004, 09:36:43 PM
and master of none.

besides - isn't escapism something like being a sissy-lala?

Tiberius Anar
May 5th, 2004, 01:21:35 PM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
It's supposed to be foreboding and very scary. jarek and I thought it up.

That reminds me: the name of the detatchment dealing with my security is The Chancellor's Staff Guard (CSG). Jarek and I took a long time coming up with that on yahoo so don't knock it!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 5th, 2004, 01:39:42 PM
I get the distinct feeling that was directed at me :(

;)

Travis North
May 5th, 2004, 01:41:45 PM
Escapism - The tendency to escape from daily reality or routine by indulging in daydreaming, fantasy, or entertainment.

I should have said Master Escape Artist. But hey I'm a master of escapism aswell, like now I'm watching Wayne's World instead of doing work.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 5th, 2004, 02:31:38 PM
Just like I thought - you're a SISSY-LALA

Travis North
May 5th, 2004, 02:40:01 PM
How does that fit into the catagory of being a Sissy?
Speaking of Sissy where the heck is Julius?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 5th, 2004, 02:55:01 PM
you know, I was just wondering that myself. I miss seeing that Sassy little boy :(

Travis North
May 5th, 2004, 02:56:44 PM
I think you scared him off.

We lose more Imperials that way.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 5th, 2004, 03:14:48 PM
I doubt that, sugar.

just means the some people have what it takes, and others don't. as it stands, someone is going to have to inherit his ct - I'm not letting a masterpiece like that go to waste

Telan Desaria
May 5th, 2004, 03:17:23 PM
I hate my life.

Teleran Balades
May 5th, 2004, 04:17:08 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy

someone is going to have to inherit his ct - I'm not letting a masterpiece like that go to waste

But I like my stare of doom.
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
I hate my life.

Why, what's wrong with your life... besides the corruption here?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 5th, 2004, 04:21:18 PM
no worries Teleran, I like your stare of doom too, so it's not going anywhere.

I do have one question about the Crimson Corps though - am I correct in thinking that it will be operating as a sort of super special forces anti-terrorist unit? And if so, in some cases, will they be able to go over orders from the military? seeing as how they seem to be in the Inquisitoriate's payroll books

Telan Desaria
May 5th, 2004, 04:44:07 PM
Yes. Unless they make me mad. Then I disarm them I shame them!

Travis North
May 5th, 2004, 04:50:59 PM
What rank is required to give them orders? Say from a different section of the Empire?

Telan Desaria
May 5th, 2004, 05:31:20 PM
depends on the mission and the size of the formation. For example - a Guard Lieutenant would have to take orders from an Army Colonel but could snub a Fleet-Corps Captain.

Travis North
May 5th, 2004, 05:59:04 PM
So they outrank me and Teleran? Man thats a bummer. This also cut in on some of my action as a fighter pilot. They better be used only for boarding parties.

Telan Desaria
May 5th, 2004, 06:16:29 PM
no no no. They're not all Lieutenants. You outranks their NCOs. And mens.

Teleran Balades
May 5th, 2004, 06:42:55 PM
I don't really care about rank OOC, I'm in this for the fun of RPing

Telan Desaria
May 5th, 2004, 06:53:15 PM
of course...

I am too, seriously

Travis North
May 5th, 2004, 06:58:59 PM
As am I was just curious. It's good to know these facts though for source material and stuff.

Telan Desaria
May 5th, 2004, 07:46:20 PM
yep. I put way too much detail in my writing...

Tiberius Anar
May 6th, 2004, 07:13:29 AM
It all adds to the fun, though.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 6th, 2004, 01:51:19 PM
I'm feeling another CT coming on.

Tiberius Anar
May 6th, 2004, 02:53:05 PM
For whom?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 6th, 2004, 02:54:52 PM
that, my friend, remains to be seen. I need to finish up Charley's laundry and get things sorted out at the dorm before I can use any sort of creative program

Telan Desaria
May 6th, 2004, 03:32:15 PM
another thread corrupted.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 6th, 2004, 03:35:43 PM
not my fault this time, so don't even try to pin it on me. I was actually asking legit questions this time around. Surprised, no?

Travis North
May 6th, 2004, 03:38:04 PM
I'll be the one to assign blame here. I just need something/someone to blame.

Teleran Balades
May 6th, 2004, 03:52:32 PM
I nominate Travis for the blame.

Travis North
May 6th, 2004, 03:57:03 PM
You can't do that. Just for pulling that I blame..... the person who invented clothes. For this wouldn't have happened if they were created.

Ha - Nominates Jacen to get the Sassy CT.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 6th, 2004, 05:57:45 PM
VERY good idea, Travis

Telan Desaria
May 6th, 2004, 06:58:17 PM
she never praises me