PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to all Racers

Khendon Sevon
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:50:31 PM
The Delteon Endurance Challenge
Deadline: Closed - no more legal entries ;)
Thread: http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35623

What brings the galaxy closer together better than competition? The answer, a competition with a prize!

The Federacy, due to the recent progressive repeal of our isolationist policy, will be hosting a gala event, a race from our homeworld of Delteon to an undisclosed location!
Any craft capable of hyperspace travel and prolonged space exposure is welcome to enter. Any nation, empire, group, or person is permitted to enter. Entry fee will be 1,000 credits for processing and housing expenses.

The first place prize will be a Mustang Assault engine (a piece of expert Federacy engineering) and 500,000 credits. Second prize is a Dreamweaver Assault engine (another Federacy design) and 100,000 credits. Third prize is 20,000 credits.

As a note, the Federacy will be entering several of our own heavily modified fighters in the race.

Rules of the event:
1) You may use any course you like
2) You may use any technology at your disposal
3) The attacking of other craft is allowed
4) All participants must follow local laws when passing through any territory (the race will travel both within Federacy boarders and outside of them)

If you are interested in participating, please post your willingness to enter here. I’d suggest RPing the creation of your craft—if you’ll be building a new one—for reference, however, it’s not vital.

Entrants:
The Imperial Federacy - two TIE Shriekers & 1 Vortex Fighter- unknown pilots & Jake Snake
The Imperial Sovereignty - Tsunami Racer, Spectre Corvette, & unknown craft - R. S. Esalis, Travis North, Teleran Balades
United Imperial Technologies (Kamaar Division) - unknown craft - unknown pilot(s)
Dantarno Engineering - DE/4X-E - Jacen Dantarno, others
Arya Ravenwing, Alias Rima Xavier - Chevette77
Corias Bonaventure - Iolanthe
The Chiss - unknown craft - Prometheus
Syriande Blue - unknown craft
Leon Dagrelle's Team - unknown craft(s)

(Alex) Jacen
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:03:56 PM
Is it possible to enter a team? Like, entering four people who'll be flying together, for greater chances of surviving rule 3?

Khendon Sevon
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:07:39 PM
Yes, I'll allow teams

Telan Desaria
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:20:49 PM
There has been a change of plans. The Empire will be represented by the High Inqusitor, R. S. Esalis

(Alex) Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 05:33:17 AM
Hmm...perhaps the furies will be able to demonstrate the superior design of our exotics...it might be nice to show the Empire just how much better our fighters are than the Squints they used to be...before we use them to kick your puffy-panted asses, of course.

(Alex) Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 09:37:51 AM
If we're creating a new craft, will you want the specs of it here? I just built my ship out of lego. *is sad, and was bored* It is, as they say, a bit beasy. Its the DE/4X-E Interception Space Superiority Fighter. Essentially, its designed for speed (both in space, and an atmosphere), and for combat/dogfighting abilities. 4 biiig engines, tri-wing, integrated R2 unit, couple of big laser cannons, Concussion Missile launchers...etc.

I'll probably RP me getting to see the fighter for the first time, and include a pretty heavy description of it...do you want anything else in advance?

Also, I'm guessing the race is fighter only. My fighter is very big...providing that I just have a cockpit with a pilot in, it'll still qualify, right?

Telan Desaria
May 1st, 2004, 09:45:48 AM
So this cancels out us entering an ISD, huh?

*damn - -back to the drawing board, people!*

(Alex) Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 09:58:08 AM
LOL!

Sean Piett
May 1st, 2004, 10:22:44 AM
Just blow up everyone at the starting line :)

Telan Desaria
May 1st, 2004, 10:27:02 AM
That's the idea.

After all -- we're Imperials!

Brian
May 1st, 2004, 10:39:47 AM
Ha. That's no way for true Imperials to behave.

First, a real Imperial would arrest two of their opponents before the race on trumped-up charges. Then, they'd order stormtroopers to "accidentally" shoot a third while performing a mission in the area. On the day of the race, assuming there were six competitors left, one would be forced out of competition due to the mysterious disappearance of a family member, one would get beaten while alone in the pits, one would 'lose' his ride, one would come down with food poisoning, one would be unable to pay a jacked price for fuel, and one would have their ride sabotaged in such a way that 9/10s of the way through the race, it would explode and kill the driver.

THAT is how a real Imperial handles his enemies. :)

Khendon Sevon
May 1st, 2004, 11:06:30 AM
Well, you can enter freighters, shuttles, fighters--anything that you feel comfortable with being in for several days of flight.

And, yes, specs would be appreciated.

Now, remember the rule of following local laws? Well, while in Federal territory, at least, you won't be able to fire upon your opponents. Why? Because that would break our laws and you'd have a Federal hunting squadron (Fast-attack frigates and Executioners) tracking you down for the remainder of the race.

Telan Desaria
May 1st, 2004, 12:29:49 PM
Congratulations, Brian. You've just been recruited.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 1st, 2004, 12:32:56 PM
Enter Arya Ravenwing and her Chevette77 freighter.

As she's a smuggler, she'll be under an assumed name and the freighter will be transponding a false name as well. :)

Maybe Sanis will enter the Layla, that piece of junk hasnt' seen any action in a while.

(Alex) Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 12:51:03 PM
Hmm...specs...ok. I'll try. The company that built it is a division of Dantarno Engineering...the company that Jacen's uncle owns (he's/its NPC), so most of the stuff will be its own design, more or less. However, I'll give you some idea of similarity. If someone could suggest some actual numbers, I'd appreciate it.

Propulsion -
Podracer Repulsorlift System (Max Height = 5m)
Airspeeder Repulsorlift System (Max Height = 1.4km)
Air-to-Space Thruster Engines (4)
Starfighter Hyperdrive System

Weapons -
2x Laser Cannons
2x Ion Cannons
2x Missile Launcher (10x Concussion Missiles total)
1x "Minelayer" (4x Sisemic Charges)

Dimensions -
Length: 9.2m (approx)
Height: 2.5m (approx)
Wingspan: 12.8m (approx)

Other Specs -
Speed: X-Wing
Hyperspace: X-Wing
Manouvrability: TIE Interceptor
Shields: Naboo Starfighter (hull conformal)

Notes -
- It is designed to incorporate several types of craft, all in one.
When it is close to the ground, it relies on repulsorlifts, and uses its engines for additional thrust, in the same way that a podracer is propelled.
When it rises up higher, it kicks in an airspeeder repulsorlift drive, and relies on its tri-wing (well, two and a half, anyway) design to provide it with enough momentum to stay airborne.
When it wants to travel through space, it will kick in the thrust engines. Despite the size of the craft, it still manages an impressive turn of speed - about the same as an X-Wing.

- As you may have guessed from the above note, it is designed for atmospheric racing. Team Dantarno (part of Dantarno Engineering) enters the fighter into races on a regular basis. Thus, the fighter has a very aerodynamic design. The engine positioning allows for a considerable amount of manoeuvrability in space. It relies on evasion as a form of defence - its shields leave a lot to be desired.

- For Hyperspace navigation, the droid brain of an R2 unit was installed. However, no other features of the droid were installed - everything else the droid can do must be done manually.

= = = = = = = = = =

They sound reasonable? I'll upload a few pics and stuff if I get the time...when is the race due to start?

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
May 1st, 2004, 03:15:25 PM
So a speed of 110 MGLT An X1 hyperdrive. And enough weapons to arm a gunboat with. Should be interesting.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
May 1st, 2004, 03:29:15 PM
I will be sending a representative to take part in your race.

Khendon Sevon
May 1st, 2004, 03:52:46 PM
Very good :)

Also, top secret researches don't need to be described, just noted. A description should be somewhere restricted (such as your private research board). This simply incase someone has a problem with it.

I will be entering two of these in the race:
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35486

(Alex) Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 04:26:16 PM
*programs the TIE Shriekers into his targetting computer* next target...I mean...er..."entrant"? :D

:shootin

Corias Bonaventure
May 1st, 2004, 09:34:55 PM
I presume this race will not be a simple course from point A to point B with a lot of vaccuum in the middle, but that there will be plenty of cosmic obstacles along the way.

In other words, would there be significant stretches of the course which might privilege a small, maneuverable ship with a very advanced sensory and navigation package? That's the only way Iolanthe might have a chance.

Now, to come up with the entry fee... Hmm, but I have a few ideas for that.

Je'gan Olra'en
May 1st, 2004, 09:43:19 PM
Call it a friendly contest between Dantarno and Alghieri, Corias; I'll cover it for you :P [/alghieri]

imported_Firebird1
May 1st, 2004, 10:49:11 PM
Sounds interesting....

Prometheus
May 2nd, 2004, 01:24:39 AM
I will represent the Chiss. They will send the entrance fee via transfer and I will arrive no earlier then 1 hour before Post Time. If this is unacceptable please take it up with Grand Syndic Stela'shlit'nuruodo.

(Alex) Jacen
May 2nd, 2004, 04:35:12 AM
Maybe you'll be able to show me how good your people are, Alghieri...I'd hate to have made a terrible mistake in recruiting them! ;)

As soon as I find the cable for my webcam, I'll upload a picture of my fighter. And no, the real one WONT be made out of lego. Sorry. :D

Zachariah Darmok
May 2nd, 2004, 07:44:25 AM
Please enter Syriande Blue as a contender

And please also enter a team created cy Leon Dagrelle who is still in design and development stages.

Khendon Sevon
May 2nd, 2004, 11:29:50 AM
Corias, yes, there will be a healthy dose of surprises installed before the race. The Federacy's pilots will not know about them.

Check my original post, I have an updated list of contest entrants. Any errors?

(Alex) Jacen
May 2nd, 2004, 11:51:21 AM
I'll just be entering the one team, under the glorious silver and gold banner of "Dantarno Engineering". If I can find the cable for my webcam, you can see the lego replica of my fighter...:D

Ryan Pode
May 2nd, 2004, 11:54:53 AM
The United Imperial Technologies, Kamaar Division, shall be entering a team.

Travis North
May 3rd, 2004, 05:20:00 AM
What day will this race be starting?

Khendon Sevon
May 3rd, 2004, 01:56:39 PM
The start of the thread will be posted May 8th, the day after my AP exams ;)

Ryan Pode
May 3rd, 2004, 05:36:19 PM
Mine too! APUSH?

Khendon Sevon
May 3rd, 2004, 06:33:57 PM
Yes, AP US History.

What craft will you be racing, Pode?

Corias Bonaventure
May 3rd, 2004, 08:43:46 PM
How much info do you want on competing craft? I'm afraid I'm not up on SW ship specs, so I can't really give you numbers for Iolanthe unless you've got a hard-and-fast reference for me to look at. She's a short-range police cutter converted to a long-range survey craft.

Khendon Sevon
May 4th, 2004, 01:39:42 PM
http://insd.swcombine.com/insd/shipsm.htm You can find all your ship building needs and references there.

It's not a must, it's just a general thing that could help some RPers.

Sanis Prent
May 4th, 2004, 04:10:14 PM
I suppose I could get Sanis and Coco District Customs to enter :)

Travis North
May 4th, 2004, 04:18:06 PM
I'll be piloting for the Sovereignty on Esalis' team. Haven't selected a craft yet.

Edit: The craft is the Tsunami Racer. No solid specs as of yet, still working on it but, it shall be ready for the race.

Ryan Pode
May 5th, 2004, 05:12:21 PM
I'm not sure what craft I shall be entering in the race. Perhaps one just to disable the other racers.

Travis North
May 5th, 2004, 05:21:20 PM
I'm assuming this race has checkpoints. Are we to hyper from one checkpoint end at another, proceed sublight to another nearby nav, and hyperout to the next checkpoint until the race is over?

(Alex) Jacen
May 5th, 2004, 06:20:39 PM
A few things:

1) Does the race have a proper name...like the Federacy Interstellar Rally, or something?

2) Are we running a flat-out race, or are we doing it in stages, like a rally? Basically, will there be places along the way where everyone can stop, in order to refuel and stuff, or is it assumed that we'll all have enough fuel?

3) How long is it, and how much is going to be Hyperspace-dependant? Only, a good Hyperdrive isn't necessarily one of the specs for a good race-craft. Are we going to have to fly through any asteroid fields (like the chase in geonosis - guess who has seizmic detonators...mwahahaha), or rings, or down a "trench", or something? Are there gonna be obstacles on the way...drones, perhaps? Basically, is this about having a fast ship, or a good ship? Because they're not necessarily the same thing.

The only parallel I can think of to this is the Loop of Cangarrot (or something) from Stargate SG-1. That was to "win" a contract, and it tested out the weapons and defences of a ship (against drones, and other ships), its speed, how well it could deal with tough obstacles (they had to fly through the corona of a sun), through asteroid fields, and all sorts. I think there was something in a Star Trek episode like that too, with the Delta Flyer...I vaguely remember skrewy uniforms, but thats it.

But yeah. Is it a point to point hyperspace race, or will there be bits of race between where you enter the system, and where you leave it?

Jake Snake
May 5th, 2004, 08:47:15 PM
I'm joining the race with the Federacy team. I'll be in my brand spankin new Vortex Fighter.

Khendon Sevon
May 5th, 2004, 08:48:51 PM
Ah, you see, part of the challenge is not knowing what to expect.
As such, the exact nature of the race won't be mentioned until starting day.

The race shall be known hence forth as the "Delteon Endurance Challenge"

(Alex) Jacen
May 6th, 2004, 03:45:05 PM
The thread you started for preparing for the race...can we all post on that, or is it Fed only?

*is sat playing with the lego model he made of his fighter*

*is a very, very, very sad man*

*needs to stop talking inside asterisks*

Kieran Dantarno
May 6th, 2004, 04:14:36 PM
Forget what my nephew (aka me) said earlier. He's a [insert suitable derogatory term]...didn't see it was in the storytelling bit!

Team Dantarno will be covering its prep in the same thread that I have the company history...which should start over the next few hours or so.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 6th, 2004, 05:40:50 PM
now, I could be mistaken, but I do believe that swearing is just a tad not allowed.

Kieran Dantarno
May 6th, 2004, 05:49:34 PM
I swore? I don't think I have. But I guess its a subjective thing. As far as anyone I know IRL would be concerned, I haven't. What were you thinking of specifically?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 6th, 2004, 05:51:17 PM
Originally posted by Kieran Dantarno
Forget what my nephew (aka me) said earlier. He's a <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>...didn't see it was in the storytelling bit!

I think you have

Kieran Dantarno
May 6th, 2004, 05:52:43 PM
Thats a swearword?! Never heard it described as that before.

If it is, as far as the board is concerned, why wasn't it censored out? I think it does it automatically...

Khendon Sevon
May 6th, 2004, 05:53:33 PM
*points to the RP heading and takes out his blaster* Both of you, don't make me get messy. If someone could delete the non pertinent, clearly off topic posts, I would appreciate it.

Now, back to relevant things:

Friday will be the deadline for new submissions to the race. As of right now the participants are as follows:

Certain:
The Imperial Federacy - two TIE Shriekers & 1 Vortex Fighter- unknown pilots & Jake Snake
The Imperial Sovereignty - Tsunami Racer & unknown craft - R. S. Esalis, Travis North
United Imperial Technologies (Kamaar Division) - unknown craft - unknown pilot(s)
Dantarno Engineering - DE/4X-E - Jacen Dantarno, others
Arya Ravenwing under another alias - Chevette77
Corias Bonaventure - Iolanthe
The Chiss - unknown craft - Prometheus
Syriande Blue - unknown craft

Uncertain:
Leon Dagrelle's Team - unknown craft(s)

If you are not on this list and would like to be added, please tell me by the designated deadline. Thank you.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 6th, 2004, 05:54:31 PM
I don't know why, all I know that swearing and circumventing the swear filter is frowned upon and doesn't bode well for swfans rpers who do it

khendon, Im not sure about Dagrelle's - I'm not gonna be able to have the time to do much in the coming weeks, so I'll get with him when I get the chance, but just as a heads up, I'd put a question mark by his :\

Kieran Dantarno
May 6th, 2004, 06:00:13 PM
She started it. *tongue* In my defence, I didn't mean to. Its not regarded as a swear word where I'm from...but anyway. Sorry for offending anyone who thinks it is.

Um...yeah. I asked before about if it was in stages. And I get you don't wanna tell us what's happening, but if we're gonna be stopping at specific places (ie. done in stages like a rally), you should really tell us - I'll have a ship with spare ammo and fuel and stuff waiting there. But if not, I obviously won't. Thats the sort of thing that we should really know in advance. But I guess if you don't wanna tell us, you don't have to.

When the race starts, are we going to be given an overview of the local laws, or are we expected to know them? You said about the laws in the Federacy, and that we'd be going elsewhere, but you didn't say where, and you're not going to tell us where, yet...so are you gonna tell us on the day, or just leave us guessing, and hope we do something wrong, so that your people stand a better chance of winning? I mean, thats just about the only way that they will...;)

Khendon Sevon
May 6th, 2004, 06:07:11 PM
Dantarno, trust me, there are groups entering that are heavily technology oriented and will give you more than a run for your money.

As to the course:

You will be given all of the information you need the day of the race a few hours before. The Federacy pilots will be given the information at the same exact time.

Also, you will not be allowed any outside help during the race. That includes refuel, re-arming, or providing you with food or repairs.

You will only recieve aid if you can no longer continue the race or request it--which will, in effect, force you to no longer be able to continue.

Laws will not be provided, you should know them. (I'll RP some police forces and whatnot to help stimulate the RP, unless anyone else wishes to?)

S'il:

No problem :) If you can, you can, if you can't, you can't.

Travis North
May 7th, 2004, 05:07:49 AM
Drat. I was hoping to post a prep thread before the race. Oh well. I'm sure we could create some back story. S'il could you move the specs to the Declassified R&D forum.

Navaria Tarkin
May 7th, 2004, 08:58:13 AM
S'll is correct.. thread is now warned because the swear filter went off as stated in the FAQ.. no swearing is allowed on the boards. Edit your post accordingly and then the thread will be unwarned... if it isn't taken care of.. thread gets closed.

Please take care of it :)

edit - thank you - warning cleared

Kieran Dantarno
May 7th, 2004, 09:44:04 AM
I have *never* heard that word described as a swear word before. I'm kinda worried now...is there a list I can look at to make sure I don't swear again? Different localles have different ideas of what swearing is...could a mod send me a list of what words are banned?

I'm really really sorry. Didn't realise it was a swear word at all...

Back to the race stuff.

Dantarno, trust me, there are groups entering that are heavily technology oriented and will give you more than a run for your money.

It takes more than a fancy ship to win a race. It takes a skilled and talented pilot, who knows his craft. Your two-day kitbash ships, even if they are backed by an entire empire, are bound to have faults cropping up in them. I have faith that my pilot will be able to take advantage of them...should the situation arise, of course.

:D

Dasquian Belargic
May 7th, 2004, 09:48:54 AM
Originally posted by Kieran Dantarno
I have *never* heard that word described as a swear word before. I'm kinda worried now...is there a list I can look at to make sure I don't swear again? Different localles have different ideas of what swearing is...could a mod send me a list of what words are banned?

I'm really really sorry. Didn't realise it was a swear word at all...

A lot of the time, swear words are superfluous anyway - just ways of emphasizing a point, that aren't really needed. Just use common sense :) Think if you would use the word in casual conversation with an authority figure or elder.

Navaria Tarkin
May 7th, 2004, 09:51:55 AM
I PMed you the same thing basically. Preview your posts to make sure if anything is wrong. It'll tell you :)

Kieran Dantarno
May 7th, 2004, 09:55:38 AM
I do use that word when talking to an elder of authority figure...mainly because thats what I get called by elders or authority figures. They're all mean and nasty to me... :(

I guess its the last three letters that make it a swear word, huh? Didn't think of that...its one of the words I use a lot. Looks like I need a new word in my vocab...

Lilaena De'Ville
May 7th, 2004, 10:23:31 AM
Arya's alias = Rima Xavier. In case you need it for your records. Any search on the name would turn up that she's a taxi driver.

Khendon Sevon
May 9th, 2004, 10:06:54 AM
Thread has been started:
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35623

Maybe a day late, but not a buck short :) Was having troubles yesterday so I didn't post.

Teleran Balades
May 9th, 2004, 08:31:15 PM
Will there be a posting order set up to take in account for vessel speeds in hyperspace?

(Alex) Jacen
May 10th, 2004, 09:42:21 AM
That could be problematic. If one person can't post for some reason, it means that none of the people after them can post. Maybe posting a list of what order we'd appear in system would make sense, just so we know who's ahead and behind, but not one to post by. I mean, what happens if (for the sake of arguement), my ship with an x1 hyperdrive leaves the system a few minutes before another ship with a slightly faster hyperdrive? Sure, it'll arrive before me, but I'll still be closer behind.

I think the best thing to do would be to put our starting positions, and then post the positions we left the system in (and then work out from there what positions we'll be in when we reach the next system). I know its complex, but a posting order would have to be re-structured in the same way, to take account for overtaking. And of course, some pilots could plot a faster, or perhaps a more daring hyperspace course as well...I think a list, but a vague one, would be the most sensible course of action.

One thing I just thought of...are we gonna have a qualifying round? Or are we just gonna start off in a particular order (Imps at the front, no doubt)?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 10th, 2004, 09:45:14 AM
Posting order is so people don't get left behind in the thread. As it stands, all of the people that I've seen who are in this rp are on regularly, so I don't foresee any problems with adhering to the decency of posting order.

(Alex) Jacen
May 10th, 2004, 09:46:35 AM
Fair enough, but it still doesn't allow for overtaking. If the race is based on a posting order, and if it takes place mainly in hyperspace, then the dude who starts last will probably finish last...if he finishes at all.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 10th, 2004, 09:53:31 AM
Not necessarily. Posting order doesn't equal who is first or last. Not everyone is entering with just winning on their minds. They're in it for story as well. Posting order is very easy to get around in this situation, and it does allow for people to be overtaken. Trust me.

(Alex) Jacen
May 10th, 2004, 10:12:37 AM
Aren't you supposed to have "I'm a doctor" on the end of that?

Ok. I trust you. And I know people aren't here just to win. But if the story involves overtaking, I want to make sure that it carries over to the next time we need to post.

By a posting list, do you just mean for system entry, then...and we don't have to stick to it, per se? I tend to post when I feel like it, and having to wait to post makes me...cranky, I guess.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 10th, 2004, 10:29:50 AM
posting order is just that. ie: there are, let's say, 4 people in a thread together. To avoid one person being left behind, a posting order is set up from the very beginning depending on who posts first. So, let's say person A posts, then person C, then B, then D. Thus, the order will be as follows - ACBDACBDACBD, and so on and so forth.

So yeah, you're going to have to wait your turn. It's only polite to the other participants in the thread.

And honestly, it's a good thing for a thread like this one so that no one is given an unfair advantage of having more posts over someone else. It's largely similar to a fight thread with more than just two combatants.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 10th, 2004, 12:10:50 PM
And, Jacen, you're not waiting your turn. No more posts by you until everyone else has posted again please. It'll just get confusing and people will be left behind. :)

Kyle Raiden
May 10th, 2004, 12:56:46 PM
Yeah, but in my defence, I did get spoken to...unless there was some other guy glaring at all of the Imperials other than me...and I didn't realise the posting order had started yet.

Corias Bonaventure
May 10th, 2004, 03:45:49 PM
Okay, forgive my density, but are we saying we are instituting a posting order, and that it is determined by the order we have posted in? In other words, the order so far would be (not counting Khendon, who, I'm assuming, will essentially be the game-master):

Jacen Dantarno
Jake Snake
Travis North
Corias Bonaventure
Arya Ravenwing

And then whoever posts thereafter? In that case, since Jake Snake just posted, I have to wait for Travis North, then I can post, then Arya can reply to Jacen and Jake? I just want it to be clear.

And, while we're on the subject, it does make sense to me that posters should be free to engage in conversations oustide the posting order, as long as they're not using it as an opportunity to move themselves ahead of everyone else in the plot. Setting up a private wager of a barrel of Klingon bloodwine would be fine outside posting order. Setting up a joint maneuver to take out a mutual enemy would have to wait until everyone's had a chance to respond. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

(Alex) Jacen
May 10th, 2004, 04:04:17 PM
Thats what I was thinking...which is why I posted to answer that question earlier. Don't worry...I'm just as confuzzled as you. :D

That does make sense, anyway...with the conversation thing.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 10th, 2004, 04:12:48 PM
excessive conversation would bog down the RP and detract from it somewhat. a little bit is fine, but when it starts to take away from the plot of the RP, it is annoying and aggravating for the one who initially started the thread. that's experience talking, so please don't shirk it. moderate conversations are ok, just be sure to not overload the thread with them.

(Alex) Jacen
May 10th, 2004, 04:17:30 PM
We're just talking to help introduce the racers and stuff...surely that doesn't detract from the plot...seeing as we haven't even started racing yet.

And I'm not shirking it. I just don't think its quite relevant yet. When we're in space, then yeah. With the plot order thing, that works once we're racing. But before hand, if we have to stick to the order for getting to know the competition...I don't think there's a point starting yet. But its not up to me. *shrug*

Khendon Sevon
May 10th, 2004, 04:23:41 PM
As of right now, the thread will continue in its current posting pattern (hopefully the few people who we’re waiting on will post soon). I, if no one minds, may break order to introduce specific obstacles that I’ve planned for (much like a DM, however, I will try to adhere to the post order as much as possible)

Arya Ravenwing
May 11th, 2004, 12:56:46 AM
Sounds good to me. *cracks knuckles*