PDA

View Full Version : An Arden departure

Byr Genar-Hofoen
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:03:04 AM
Byr Genar-Hofoen left the bar, as he left bars all the time, with a cigarette in his mouth freshly lit. Nothing like a smoke after a good drink.

It took Byr a while to get to the Arden, a YT-2000, which his dad lent to him for this mission. A mission it was. But Byr would never have put it like that, checking that Jacen was fully prepared was something that he did a lot.

Byr smiled, he could see Jay-T having problems with DX6, the Droideka with personality problems. He also laughed at his dad, when he told him that the Droideka he was fixing up has personality problems. A useful ally DX6 was, he was an aggresive warrior, and also a damn good laugh. ALthough DX6 couldn't speak it was the way the Droideka conducted himself.

THen DX6 gave up, and Jay-T pushed him up into the ship, the Arden. With his cigarette burning to the butt, he threw it behind him.

"Sir, that could cause problems," said Jay-T once Byr threw his cigarette butt behind him.

"Jay-T, calm down, it was out anyway." Grinning at the poshness of Jay-T, Byr did the preliminary check for any mines on the Arden. Not even Byr knew why he made the checks, but someting told him that some people dislike the family name, but that was Byr for you.

"DX6 any problems?" Byr grinned at the Droideka and Jay-T replied with, "sir there were some bad looking people around here, giving the ship the eye."

Byr laughed, "Jay-T, they may be nasty looking but I wonder how much money we can get from them. Anyway..have you got in contact with dad."

Jay-T replied, "yes sir, he expects you soon sir, along with the Arquelle and Apex-XTC. SIr its not my business, but what is the Apex-XTC?"

Byr looked puzzled," I have no idea, I'll communicate with it."

Byr went to the communications part of the Arden, "Apex-XTC, do you read me."

Nothing but static, Byr tried over and over again, then a voice came, "yes I do, but I ask who you are?"

Byr replied with his name and after a five minute conversation, Byr gathered that the Apex-XTC was being piloted by Keldon Shaddow, an Iktotchi technician and an assassin working for the Fury, who was going to his dads.

After a sweet goodbye, Byr ended communication, and got busy with preparing the Arden for a fun voyage which would completely bore him.

After a last check of the bodywork and mechanics, Byr got the ship ready for take off. WIth DX6 prepared for the journey and Jay-T ready to help fly the ship, the Arden began to rise from Poseidon's Gate. With a prayer of good luck to Jacen, Byr steered the ship into space and went on a journey to his father's, which could be the last time, he would ever see his father. He hoped he would see him, he wanted to know about his adopted family.

Orbren Tiaal
Apr 30th, 2004, 01:38:12 PM
Orbren shuffled unfomfortably in the cramped quad laser turret on the Arden. Well, cramped for him, at least. It had been enough of a squeeze getting through the crawl-space that led to the turret. He'd had to lie with his arms above his head, and litterally pull himself through. And now his head was about an inch away from the ceiling, and his arms almost as close to the sides. He grunted, and slipped the headset into his ear. "The turret is armed," he called.