PDA

View Full Version : Sky Fits Heaven...part 2 (Kack, Marcus)

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:27:42 AM
Quay'Na entered the Bar and Grill with Kack Mebuff. It had been a while since she'd been here. "Things don't seem to change too much here, does it?" She smiled as she handed the guards her two lightsabre's.

The crowd wasn't very big, but it wasn't quite lunchtime, so soon she was sure it would pick up.

Quay headed towards a booth on the side and took a seat, awaiting her friend.

Kack Mebuff
May 1st, 2004, 12:24:40 AM
Kack took a seat across from Quay.

"Things never change here. That's what I like about it," the padawan replied with a smirk.

An R4 unit rolled over to take their orders.

"The pretty lady first," Kack said, grinning and nodding to Quay.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 1st, 2004, 08:10:59 AM
"I'll take a veggie burger with everything, no onions and some cheesey fries. Oh, and a piece of your 'Death by chocolate cake.'" She looked at Kack. "I've had major cravings for chocolate lately."

Quay finished off her order with an iced tea.

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 12:08:33 AM
"Uh, yeah... I'll have a big fat bantha steak... gotta make up for breakfast... a side salad and a soda."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 2nd, 2004, 06:42:33 AM
Quay'Na was beginning to feel relaxed again. The thought of chocolate cake always relaxed her.

"Well, I'm sure this bantha steak will be heaven compared to the other one." She smiled.

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 02:01:38 PM
Kack laughed, "You bet it will! The food here is always good," Kack said chuckling.

"So... how's your training going?" the padawan inquired with a smirk.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 2nd, 2004, 04:40:50 PM
"Well, I've been away recuperating from my sabre wound, returned just a couple of days ago. I've been doing alright with my training, until now. It's unbelievable that I could've died at any moment..." She shook her head, it was still hard to believe.

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 11:08:12 PM
Kack nodded.

"The life of a Jedi... we're always at risk. We have too many enemies. Sith, Imperials, bounty hunters, it seems like everyone hates us!"

Quay'Na Rakai
May 3rd, 2004, 01:12:39 PM
"Yeah, I know, that I could handle. But, this being destroyed by something so small...it's eerie, very eerie."

She stopped as the waitress came back with their drinks. Quay took a sip. "I'll be alright though, I have to be."

Kack Mebuff
May 3rd, 2004, 04:40:20 PM
"A lightsaber wound is nothing to sneeze at," Kack reminded. "It's a very powerful weapon, even if it seems simple. Never forget that."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 3rd, 2004, 11:19:04 PM
"Oh, I'll never forget it. Everytime I take off my tunic, there it is to remind me and those suckers hurt like hell."

Kack Mebuff
May 3rd, 2004, 11:22:28 PM
"Oh, I know. I've been stung by those things before. But I'll tell ya' what really hruts: Force Lightning!" Kack exclaimed excitedly.

"Now that stuff is brutal... I got fried by a Shadow Jedi during my first sparring session."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 3rd, 2004, 11:29:52 PM
"I don't even want to think about that." She shook her head. "I can't even imagine the hatred one would have to let go to be able to make such a display."

Kack Mebuff
May 3rd, 2004, 11:37:53 PM
"The guy practically burnt me to a crisp. Not fun. A good lesson though."

Kack shook his head.

"Anyway, you did really well in our little sparring session."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 3rd, 2004, 11:48:40 PM
That had seemed like a lifetime ago. "I don't know, Kack. I thought I did pretty badly myself."

Kack Mebuff
May 4th, 2004, 12:03:34 AM
"You were awesome. I didn't expect you to defeat me. Hell... Zeke can't defeat me!" Kack said laughing.

"You did great! I'm very proud of you. We'll practice more in the future. You'll only get better!"

Quay'Na Rakai
May 4th, 2004, 09:07:37 PM
"I can't take all the credit. It was the Force guiding me. You were a pretty tough fighter and I can't wait to fight again, but it'll be a while. Don't think we could handle your powerful blows to my stomach." She told him and patted her still somewhat flat belly.

Kack Mebuff
May 5th, 2004, 05:02:31 PM
"I definitely understand..." Kack said smirking.

"Once the baby is born, then we'll get you back into shape."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 5th, 2004, 09:04:20 PM
"Yeah, I'll be ready to get back into shape by then and if I keep eating the way I have been, I'm gonna look like a whale. I tell ya, I'm hungry all the time, except when I'm sick...which is all the time too." She gave a slight sigh as their drinks came. "I didn't expect pregnancy to be quite like this. In fact, I'm not exactly sure what I expected."

Kack Mebuff
May 6th, 2004, 12:15:10 AM
"Often we find that things are much different from our expectations. I find that we cannot have preconceptions, they will only cloud our vision and prevent us from seeing what is true and real."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 6th, 2004, 07:07:14 AM
Quay'Na nodded. She had had so much on her mind lately, but knew she just needed to let things go on the path that it was supposed to go. "Your right, Kack. I just need to quit worrying about all this, it's nothing but a bunch of added stress. So, I'll just have to take what comes at me day to day."

She smiled and placed a hand on her abdomen. "I want this little one to be proud of me."

Kack Mebuff
May 6th, 2004, 05:45:42 PM
"I'm sure you'll make a wonderful mother, Quay. I can tell. You have great maternal instincts... and you have a good heart."

A smile spread across Kack's face.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 6th, 2004, 08:35:50 PM
Quay smiled and nodded. "I hope your right. I've always wanted to be a mom and never thought I'd really have the chance. And look at me now, I'm going to be a mom...if the surgery goes well."

Kack Mebuff
May 6th, 2004, 08:48:36 PM
"It will... don't you worry about a thing!" Kack replied.

"Everything will go as planned..."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 6th, 2004, 09:08:05 PM
Quay'Na smiled and nodded. "I'm doing all I can to keep an optimistic outlook on this. It's hard though, I won't lie."

Kack Mebuff
May 6th, 2004, 09:12:10 PM
"Well, you'll always have your friends... we're here for you. You should know that."

Kack took her hand in his own and clapsed his other ontop.

"We would do anything for you, Quay'Na Rakai. Even die if it came down to it."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 6th, 2004, 09:19:59 PM
His comment brought tears to her eyes. "Ya know that Rikki is going to have herself a really good guy. I couldn't ask for a better friend than you, Kack Mebuff." A tear slid down her cheek.

Kack Mebuff
May 6th, 2004, 09:34:03 PM
Kack reached up with his left hand and wiped the tear from her face with his thumb.

"And you, Quay, are a wonderful friend too."

He leaned over the table and hugged her.

Suddenly there was a stream of random beeps and whirrs as the R4 unit returned with their food.

It said something to the affect of "Am I interrupting?"

Kack laid a soft kiss on Quay's forehead as he sat back down.

"Thank you, my little friend," the Jedi said watching the droid put the food on the table.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 6th, 2004, 09:44:38 PM
"I'm sorry, I keep being so emotional...it's this pregnancy, it really messes with your hormones. The other day, I burst into tears because I burnt our steaks on the grill and another time because I flipped the toothpaste lid into the toilet."

Kack Mebuff
May 6th, 2004, 09:49:22 PM
Kack laughed aloud.

"It's alright, kid. You can't really help it."

The padawan looked down at his food.

"Mmm Mmmm... looks great! Eat up, this stuff's good for you."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 6th, 2004, 09:58:37 PM
"The funny thing is all this stuff happens when I'm with my master, Anthony has yet to really see how I am when things like that happen. But, we've been married for over a month now and he knows I'm pregnant and he's standing by me. We've got such a wonderful life to look forward too and I just know he's going to want to raise this child as his own eventually."

Quay stopped talking long enough to put a cheesy fry in her mouth.

Kack Mebuff
May 6th, 2004, 10:10:33 PM
Kack nodded, taking a big bite of his steak.

"Mmmm... holy crap this is good steak!"

"Anthony will accept the child."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 6th, 2004, 10:14:36 PM
Quay finished her bite. "I think so, too. I can't blame him for how he feels, I felt the same way. Wondering how I could possibly go through with it, but then I thought...it's not the childs fault and we will live with it."

Kack Mebuff
May 6th, 2004, 10:22:20 PM
Kack nodded his understanding.

"Remember, no matter what... that's still your baby. Regardless of who the father is."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 6th, 2004, 10:28:34 PM
Quay nodded. "Yeah, I know. That's what I told my husband last night that, it was part of me and it'll always be. I'm going to love this baby, like no other. Which reminds me, I've not even told my dad, I'm pregnant and he lives in the same condo complex as I do."

Kack Mebuff
May 6th, 2004, 10:31:21 PM
Kack laughed.

"I didn't know your father lived on Coruscant! Let alone in the same building as you! You should probably let him know."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 6th, 2004, 10:36:25 PM
"He's my real dad, his name is Cordell Le'Kray and I will make arrangements to tell him as well as my adopted dad on Naboo."

Kack Mebuff
May 9th, 2004, 10:57:06 PM
Kack nodded his head.

"I am sure that they will both be very appreciative of that."

He laughed heartily.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 10th, 2004, 01:33:34 AM
"Man, I can't believe I completely blanked out on telling them. But, I did just return and I had to tell Anthony first. I don't think I'll ever forget the look in his eyes when I told him I was going to keep it. He was devastated, but now he realizes that I can't not have this baby."

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 01:38:09 AM
Kack nodded.

"He will accept the child... Anthony loves you. There should be not doubts in your mind. And he will love it as his own."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 10th, 2004, 11:45:39 AM
Quay'Na sipped her drink. "Only the child won't be of true Royalty blood. It will be an outcast, it that ever gets out."

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 02:31:04 PM
"Royal blood? I'm confused... was Anthony royalty?"

Kack seemed puzzled until he searched Quay's thoughts.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 10th, 2004, 03:50:27 PM
Quay'na nodded. "Yes, his parents ruled a system in the Outer Rim called Valarea. He's a prince and he's got a twin brother named...Dantae." Her voice dropped as she sat back.

Kack Mebuff
May 11th, 2004, 11:14:48 PM
"Dantae? As in... didn't you say a Dantae raped you?" Kack inquired.

His face was very stern...

"Could it be the one and the same?"