PDA

View Full Version : Fraga-WHOOSH! (Kack)

Zeke
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:24:28 PM
That's the sound effect Zeke makes as a room full of objects begins to move, rearranging themselves in ways that they should not be. The training room, which was once ordered and clean, now seems to be the site of a train wreck. Zeke rolls his neck and looks at Kack.

"That's telekinesis. I'll teach you to use it today, using this room I just obliterated."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:27:46 PM
"Lovely," Kack muttered looking at the completely trashed room.

"That's just wonderful..."

Kack took a deep long breath.

"Okay... I learned a little bit of this in the Force class when I first got here... but that was almost two years ago. Where do we begin?"

Zeke
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:46:03 PM
"By reaching the Force, naturally," Zeke answers. "Then, depending on how you think, depends on where you go. Are you good at visualizing things, Kack? Do you have a good imagination?"

Kack Mebuff
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:54:04 PM
Kack nodded. One of the few things he was good at was reaching strong connections with the Force. That was why he was so good at combat.

"Yeah, I have a good imagination... what am I moving?"

Zeke
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:56:27 PM
"Whatever you want," Zeke answers. "Pick something, large, small, doesn't matter, and move it. It may help you to imagine a hand lifting whatever it is you choose. Sometimes having that visualization can help shape and direct your focus. Anyways, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. Do what fits you best."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:58:50 PM
Kack quieted his mind. He let the Force flow through his body... to the core of his very being. The padawan could feel it coursing through his body. In his mind he saw a large crate lifting on the ground high into the air.

In reality it began to move, slowly at first, then it began to lift a little off the ground, a couple inches, then a foot, then it stopped.

Kack seemed to struggle.

"Ergh! It's too heavy..." he said dropping the crate.

Zeke
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:03:45 AM
"No it's not. It's feather-light," Zeke retorts, jerking his right arm up and back. The crate flies through the air as if it were light as a rubix cube, stopping on a dime between the two men. "See? It's only heavy if you're using your muscles. Telekinesis is a mind thing. You don't depend on your arms, just your mind."

He drops the crate lightly, thinking for a moment on how to help.

"This is a mind thing. Therefore, whatever you're thinking will have some effect on your performance. If you think 'Holy crap, that's heavy!' then it will be heavy; but if you look at it and say "Piece o' cake, I could do this with my arms tied", then it will be light, and you'll have a better time. Be confident. You've got a powerful ally to help you with all this heavy lifting."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:14:46 AM
Sweat was dripping from Kack's forehead, he wiped it away with his forearm and tried again.

Once again, Kack let the Force overcome him.

Light as a feather... light as a feather...

The crate lifted higher and higher and higher...

He then tried to lower it but as he got closer to the ground the crate dropped with a heavy thud.

Zeke
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:18:07 AM
"Meh. We'll work on setting thing down gently later. What's important for now is that you begin to get a grasp of how to move objects freely. Here, let's do this."

Zeke begins to arrange the room again, aligning training dummies, weapon cabinets, and janitor's tools in a straight line.

"Okay. All you have to do is weave between them. Its okay if you don't get all the way down on the first go. It's a goal for you to work for."

There are ten items lined up. Zeke sits up on top of one of the cabinets to watch.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:25:12 AM
Kack lifted the crate and easily dodged the first couple dummies. With a little more trouble he got around the weapons cabinets, but he totally wiped out the tools!

"Aw crap," he muttered, surveying the mess he made. Using the Force he stood up all the items again.

"Well... try number two," he said calling the crate back to him.

This time he got passed the dummies and cabinets and made it to the last took before knocking it over.

Zeke
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:26:19 AM
"Improving quickly!" Zeke notes. "Now, make that crate touch the ceiling."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:28:11 AM
Kack quickly lifted the crate as great speed thrusting it towards the ceiling... then making it just tap the steel. Clink!

"How's that?" the padawan inquired, smiling at his Master.

Zeke
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:30:03 AM
"Just fine," Zeke answers, calling the crate back down. "Now, do it again, but this time, weave a little."

The obstacle course turns ninety degrees, making a trail to the ceiling. The Knight leans nonchalantly on the wall, holding up he objects with fair ease.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:33:11 AM
"What the hell?" Kack gasped.

He once again lifted the crate, dodged, much more slowly this time, each and every item before reaching the ceiling.

"Now bring it back down..." Zeke said.

Kack slowly but surely got to the last couple items before losing the crate and completely crushing two of the dummies.

Zeke
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:36:11 AM
"Haha! Hell yeah!"

The malleable training dummies have been squashed completely flat.

"That's awesome!" Zeke comments, shoving the crate aside and watching them expand back to their humanoid shape. "Still, you didn't quite make it down, though it was a valiant effort. Wanna try again? Or should we go to the next exercise?"

Kack Mebuff
May 1st, 2004, 12:19:06 AM
"I want to get this right..."

Kack again lifted the crate to the top... with much more skill this time. And the way back down was much easier as well. He was finally getting a feel for this.

And the crate even hit the ground gently.

"Better?" the padawan inquired.

Zeke
May 1st, 2004, 08:17:07 PM
"Yeah, nice landing too. You're doing well at moving things around, but that's only half of telekinetics. Starting things is a good thing to do, but stopping them is even better. You can keep people from hitting you with solid projectiles, or from dropping heavy things on you."

Seven spherical remote droids, normally reserved for saber drills, float to Zeke and begin to make a ring around his face. Kack can plainly see and count each one as the ring hovers parallel to the Knight's body, moving counter-clockwise around his face.

"We'll start with one. I'll toss it at you, and you have to stop it. If you use any part of your body, I'll thwack you with the next one, so use your telekinesis. If you can't stop one, dodge it. You're a nimble guy."

The first sphere comes forward as Zeke points at Kack, moving at a fairly slow speed to start.

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 12:17:06 AM
Kack quickly used a technique Dasquian had taught him and created a Force wall which caused the sphere to bounce off and roll across the durasteel floor. Clink clink clink!

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 12:28:30 AM
Thwack!

"That's a barrier," Zeke states, calling back the second ball which had clipped Kack's shoulder. "This is telekinetics training, use that. Though I'll admit that's a fancy trick."

Another orb speeds across the gap between them.

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 12:31:12 AM
"Son of a-" Kack said rubbing his shoulder.

The second orb flew at Kack. This time he grabbed it using the Force and flung it back in Zeke's direction.

"Catch!"

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 12:33:39 AM
Zeke nudges it back into the circle and sends out another one, letting it fly a bit faster than previous.

"That's the way," he encourages. "It'll get faster as it goes, so keep on guard."

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 12:39:26 AM
Kack ducked under it first, then as it passed he whipped it towards a wall with the Force. Another one whizzed just past Kack's head. This time he grabbed it with the Force and stopped it dead in its tracks!

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 12:41:18 AM
"Just say when..." Zeke advises, flicking his wrists to send two at the same time.

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 12:45:28 AM
This time Kack had an idea, he forced both of the sphere to crash into each other. CLANG! The two spiraled away and clattered to the floor.

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 12:51:27 AM
"Awesome."

Three come back; one from in front, and two from each side.

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 12:54:17 AM
Kack ducked the first one, and slammed the second two together. As the first one returned he leapt over it and grabbed it with the Force and slammed it to the ground.

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 12:56:42 AM
"Oi, don't break 'em!"

The phrase is a warning, but his tone is light, conveying his pride in his student.

"Yeah, that's how you mess up telekinetic projectiles," he says. "Care to try all seven at once? You seem to have it down."

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 12:57:29 AM
"Uh, I guess..." Kack muttered.

"Sorry about the projectile."

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 01:00:22 AM
"No problem. The fact that you went to the trouble of doing more than simply stopping them shows a great deal of determination."

The seven spheres float, rotating around in a circle, changing their path's diameter and orientation, until at last all of them fly away. One from above, four from each side, one form below, and one aimed to strike his ankles in sequence.

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 01:05:40 AM
Kack quickly disposed of the two coming from the right and left. He then dove low causing those coming from the front and back to crash into each as well as those coming from the top and bottom. The ankle level sphere continued to pursue Kack. He quickly rolled forward towards it and, using the Force flipped the orb into the air.

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 01:07:03 AM
Zeke whistles.

"Nice reaction."

The room begins to rearrange itself, and soon it's perfectly clean.

"There's more to it, but I feel like I've worked you hard enough today. We'll do more telekinetics later. For now, go chill."

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 01:09:08 AM
"Thank you very much, Master," Kack said bowing.

"Join me for a drink at Yog's?"

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 01:13:27 AM
"That's the best idea I've had all day," Zeke jokes. "Sure, let's go get something."

The two head out, talking and jesting on their way to the Bar and Grill.

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 01:20:01 AM
Continued Here (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=35499)