PDA

View Full Version : Foxdvd

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:56:52 PM
Question,

Noticed he registered again today. forgive my memory, but I thought he was banned some time ago?

Sanis Prent
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:00:35 PM
IIRC, he was banned at GJO but not at Fans.

Figrin D'an
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:18:20 PM
I think Mr. Prent is correct. Since the issues regarding said banning were contained to the old GJO board(s) at the time, it was handled as an internal GJO matter.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:10:35 AM
I'm pretty sure IIRC, he was banned at SW-Fans as well eventually.

Figrin D'an
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:30:47 AM
If so, that's fine. I do know that the GJO ban was permanent, so even if he is allowed on the main board, he's not going to be allowed at GJO.

AmazonBabe
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:57:19 AM
Either way, I'll swing with it. I don't remember the specifics of what caused foxdvd to be permabanned from GJO, but I do remember him being a pain in general.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 30th, 2004, 12:12:51 PM
hacked into the board so all the forums were unreadable.. that was what he did if I am not mistaken

AmazonBabe
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:18:33 PM
O_o

I actually remember that incident, though i guess I'd forgotten who'd done it.

Hell, if he's that bad, I say wipe him clean from the whole board. We don't need that kind of scum here.

Figrin D'an
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:20:32 PM
He basically destroyed the original GJO board because of a petty arguement, then locked out the powers of all the other admins/mods. We were forced to move to a different board because of it.

I personally have found him to be a childish jackass. My advice is to not believe a word he says about anything. He demonstrated himself to be a chronic liar in the past.

Gav Mortis
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:07:15 PM
Given his history, and I remember the whole fiasco regarding the GJO move and the person behind it, I have my doubts when it comes to giving someone as dangerous and immature as that even half a chance.

DarthHERA
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:47:59 PM
I definitely agree with Gav. A person who has committed such an act as stated above should never be allowed back. Not that that is in question, just giving my 2 cents.

Master Yoghurt
May 1st, 2004, 03:55:23 AM
Ah, board chaos. Who can forget.. :)

http://pub205.ezboard.com/fthejediloungevisitingarea.showMessage?topicID=272 9.topic

Anyway, we never got our administrator status back at that site. The password locked forums are not even accessable now * (I think he changed the PW), and moderator access was removed at some point as well. The locked forums are a bit of a shame, as they contain threads describing the early days of GJO. They are roleplay history and have great nostalgic value (at least for me). Because the forums were locked, we were never able to move those threads here.

* Correction: Temple Avalon is accessible for me, but the holocron libraries where all the old threads dating back to 99 is locked for me.

Ryla Relvinian
May 1st, 2004, 01:19:02 PM
Grr. That made me angry then and it makes me angry now. Let's bury the hatchet.

Literally.

Lady Vader
May 1st, 2004, 01:36:27 PM
* Correction: Temple Avalon is accessible for me, but the holocron libraries where all the old threads dating back to 99 is locked for me.

I'm curious... isn't there a way to hack past the PW and get into those forums? I seem to remember a friend telling me that because of the way EZ is built, you could do this. (Yes, yes, I know hacking is bad, but it wouldn't be to post anything malicious... just to recover threads)

Just a thought.

Either that or I could sweet-talk fox into letting me into the libraries. I never was on bad terms with him...

The reason I'm suggesting these things is because it'd be wonderful to read those old posts again. Talk about your serious history and all... not to mention nostalgic feelings.

TheHolo.Net
May 1st, 2004, 03:32:53 PM
He was banned but his account deleted during annual cleanup. It appears he has returned. I will ban again due to his actions at the old GJO board.

Figrin D'an
May 1st, 2004, 07:09:14 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt

Same here. I can get into Avalon and the Staff forum at the old site, but not the archive forums.

Sanis Prent
May 2nd, 2004, 11:07:43 AM
He was banned at Swfans? I can't remember why. Does anybody else know if it was related to this incident?

Marcus Telcontar
May 3rd, 2004, 02:39:16 AM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
He was banned at Swfans? I can't remember why. Does anybody else know if it was related to this incident?

No, however I would have had admin at SW-Fans at the time and banned the bastard without hesitation.

I think from memory tho, he was given his marching orders for another incident along with Jonathon that occured around the same time. Probably was a flame war or trolling, it's over three years ago so the details I'm afraid escape me. The GJO incident made sure it was a permaban.

Sanis Prent
May 3rd, 2004, 02:00:04 PM
Well, I never had a problem with him and he was a friend of mine for a while, but he definitely had an ability to fly off the handle and do extremely stupid things.

I just wish I could recover from forum alzheimer's on this one

TheHolo.Net
May 3rd, 2004, 02:08:16 PM
He was banned at Fans on ezboard for his actions at GJO, and as such his ban carried over to these forums.

Sanis Prent
May 3rd, 2004, 07:09:18 PM
So we had the reciprocity policy in effect back when we were on ezboard? That's what I'm trying to remember, and failing. Didn't this happen early 2001, if I recall correctly?

Not that it matters, but it feels like my memory's slipping out my ears this week.

Marcus Telcontar
May 3rd, 2004, 07:20:42 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
So we had the reciprocity policy in effect back when we were on ezboard? That's what I'm trying to remember, and failing. Didn't this happen early 2001, if I recall correctly?

Not that it matters, but it feels like my memory's slipping out my ears this week.

I cant recall that policy, myself. But given it was a square fucking of a large portion fo the Rp community, it would have been justified.

And IIRC, I just dont think he was banned for the GJO incident. But I cant recall what it was and that's annoying me, cause I'm sure of it. I feel it had some thing to do with the Box Office forum.

Charley
May 3rd, 2004, 07:29:48 PM
Same here. I'm 90% sure it was something on top of that responsible for giving him the boot here, because it seems that he was around after that incident.

Sad when we've been here long enough to get alzheimer's.