PDA

View Full Version : A Little R & R (open)

Ace Shipbuster
Apr 27th, 2004, 12:11:51 AM
The Shadow Lance had set down on Coruscant for a couple of days of R & R. The crew had been exhausted from their last trip and needed the break.

Ace entered a bar he had visited before. It was called Yag's or something like that...

The Zabrak was tall for his species and larger than usual, with a strong, muscular build. He had the typical horns, but Ace filed them down.

As he walked through the door the guards requested his weapons. Ace complied... not so willingly.

Ace took a seat at a booth and put his heavy combat boots up on the table. He then removed a cigar from his jacket and started puffing away.

The servo droid rolled over and took his drink order... a black tooth grin.

Kyashi
May 1st, 2004, 01:17:05 AM
"You shouldn't put your feet on the table. People eat off there, you know."

A quiet voice spoke from the booth facing Ace. A young boy sat alone, a single mug of something hot sitting in front of him. His face was expressionless as he looked over the alien in the other booth.

Ace Shipbuster
May 1st, 2004, 01:19:56 AM
Ace raised an eyebrow at the youngman's comment.

"They clean the tables here don't they?" he asked smirking.

"Ah, what the hell?" Ace continued removing his feet from the table.

"What's your name, kid?"

Kyashi
May 1st, 2004, 01:23:53 AM
"Kyashi."
He raised the mug to his lips, blowing on the liquid inside before taking a sip.
"And it's just good manners, sir. You wouldn't want people to think you're some heathen beast, would you?" A smirk briefly touched his lips, but he still remained expressionless for the most part.

Ace Shipbuster
May 1st, 2004, 01:25:43 AM
"Heathen beast? Mind your manners, son. You're still speaking to an elder."

The smile returned to Ace's face.

"My name's Ace... Ace Shipbuster. Aren't you a bit young to be hanging out in bar?"

Kyashi
May 1st, 2004, 01:32:38 AM
He shrugged.
"If I was too young to be here, I doubt they would have let me in."
They had given the boy some trouble as he entered the bar, taking his weapons - his senbon - from him. He felt odd being weaponless, particularly in a bar full of Jedi. He has been training under Gav Mortis for only a short time. He didn't consider himself a true "darksider", but surely if one of the Jedi from the teahouse entered, he'd be quickly detained.

Ace Shipbuster
May 1st, 2004, 01:36:12 AM
"Fair enough..."

Ace stared at Kyashi for a moment.

"So what brings you to this Jedi bar?" the zabrak inquired.

Kyashi
May 1st, 2004, 01:41:18 AM
Another sip of his tea.

"I wanted a change of scenery. I've heard so much about the Jedi, I figured I'd come and see what the "hype" was about."

He laughed, sounding childish. He smiled at the man in the other booth, covering up his lie. "What brings you here, Mr Shipbuster?"

Ace Shipbuster
May 1st, 2004, 01:48:09 AM
"I'm a gunner on a ship and the crew is on a bit of a break... I stumbled upon this place by accident a few months ago. And now that we're taking some R & R, I figured I'd stop back."

Ace paused for just a moment to examine the youth.

"So why are you really here."

The gunner had had more than his fair share of dealings with the shadier people of Coruscant's underbelly and could smell a lie a mile away.

Kyashi
May 1st, 2004, 01:54:36 AM
Kyashi laughed again, cupping his mug between his hands.

"Why do you think I'm here? Business? Pleasure? For the lovely atmosphere?"

He leaned forward, a sly smile on his face. "I'm only a child -- what kind of underhanded things could I do?"

Ace Shipbuster
May 1st, 2004, 02:00:09 AM
"Child or not... you're not here to check out Jedi... so why are you here? And I've seen kids younger than you do some pretty underhanded things."

Kyashi
May 1st, 2004, 02:02:31 AM
He takes a sip of his tea, holding the mug in two hands. He stares at the mugs' contents as he gives Ace his answer, smile still in place.

"I am here to find a Jedi. And bring his head back to my Master."

Ace Shipbuster
May 1st, 2004, 02:04:06 AM
Ace almost burst into laughter.

"Hey kid, I hate to break it to you... but that's a hell of a lot easier said than done! Jedi aren't the easiest folks to kill, or so I'm told. Anyhow, why would you want to kill a Jedi? They're good people."

Kyashi
May 1st, 2004, 02:09:42 AM
"Because I have to kill him..."

His smile faded slightly as he remembered the destruction of the tea-house. The large Draco -- he has almost finished him before that dark haired woman interfered. His gaze wandered back up to Aces' face, and he smiled again, looking more like a young boy than some assassin.

"Because, I want to kill him."

Ace Shipbuster
May 1st, 2004, 02:13:28 AM
"Hey, kid, I don't know what personal vendetta you hold against these guys... and I'm getting the feeling I don't wanna know. So how 'bout we change the topic, eh?"

Ace took a sip of his drink that the servodroid had brought over several minutes ago.

"So where ya' from, kiddo?"

Kyashi
May 1st, 2004, 02:19:44 AM
"A planet in the Outer Rim, one that's much more beautiful than Coruscant could ever hope of being."

Ace Shipbuster
May 1st, 2004, 02:21:12 AM
Ace laughed aloud.

"Tell me about it, kid. This place is a giant scrap heap! But it's where I grew up and I don't know too much about any other planets. But I'm learning... this whole travelling thing is great!"

Kyashi
May 1st, 2004, 02:24:29 AM
"Hmmm, I imagine it is. I have only been to a few planets, but my homeworld will always be my favorite. The winters there are endless, they last for most of the year, but aren't as cold as some would think. I haven't been there since my friend was buried..."

Ace Shipbuster
May 2nd, 2004, 12:24:08 AM
"I'm sorry... it's nice to go home... regardless of what home may be. I haven't seen snow before. It doesn't snow here on Coruscant."

Kyashi
May 2nd, 2004, 12:32:01 AM
"I know."
The boy finally shows some emotion -- his face looks genuinely sad as he glances out the window. His thoughts drift back to his house, to a time when he was happily living with his mother and father.
"Sometimes...I really miss it."

Ace Shipbuster
May 2nd, 2004, 02:05:26 PM
"I think that's why I don't mind this scrap heap sometimes. 'Cause regardless of how awful this place is... it's still home to me."

Ace noticed a change in Kyashi.

"You okay, kid?"

Kyashi
May 2nd, 2004, 02:42:05 PM
He held his gaze, staring hard out the window.

"I'm fine. Sometimes I miss my home. I wonder what things would've been like if I still had a mother and father..."

He turned back to the Zabrak, a weary smile on his face.
"It's just wishful thinking on my part -- that someday I could be as happy as I was back then."

Ace Shipbuster
May 2nd, 2004, 03:13:29 PM
"Yeah... I hear ya', kid, I hear ya'."

Ace thought about his childhood for a moment.

"It's nice being a kid... not a worry in the galaxy."

Kyashi
May 2nd, 2004, 03:40:32 PM
"Heh."

A serving droid beeped beside him, placing a fresh pot of tea on his table. He poured himself a fresh mug full, adding some sugar and taking a sip.
"I wouldn't know what it's like to be a kid. I've been raising myself since I was 4 years old."

Ace Shipbuster
May 3rd, 2004, 12:25:15 PM
"Damn, kid. That's pretty rough. I miss my folks. They died a long time ago. But, hell, can't bring 'em back now, can I?"

Kyashi
May 3rd, 2004, 10:39:58 PM
"No, you can't."

When he finally looks up, it's just in time to see his mothers' corpse hit the floor with a sickening thud. A dark red puddle forms under her still form, the same shade that stains his fathers' clothes and the blade of the knife he holds in his hand. Kyashi staggers backward, making a muffled sob as he falls onto the floor, his tiny hands moving up to protect himself. His father looms over him…the blade slashes, he feels a strange pain in his throat and then black….

His eyes slowly open. Something warm and wet soaks the front of his shirt and is smeared across his arms and cheeks. He sees the same red stuff on his hands, the floor, everywhere. A trail of crimson leads to the broken and battered body of his father, slumped against the wall. Hot tears sting the boys' eyes as he crawls towards his father, gently touching his shoulder, trying to coax him awake. The wound on his neck makes quiet gurgling noises, as his whimpering becomes loud sobs when he finally stumbles into the kitchen. His mothers' body lays on the floor, staring blankly at the ceiling. He kneels beside her, calling her name and shaking roughly, not understanding what's happened or why they won't wake up….

He projects his thoughts, and anyone with-in a short distance of the boy winces. Kyashi doesn't react -- he's replayed his parents deaths in his mind a million or more times, and has learned to hide his emotions in front of others. He also is unaware of his own subconcious Force use.

"How did your parents die?"

Ace Shipbuster
May 3rd, 2004, 10:45:00 PM
"Old man died in a speeder crash, when I was a kid. My mother died only a couple years ago... some strange disease. Doctors couldn't figure it out."

Kyashi
May 3rd, 2004, 11:04:08 PM
"Ah."

He runs a finger along the long scar on his throat as he speaks.

"My father murdered my mother in front of my eyes. He slit my throat, and then I killed him."

Ace Shipbuster
May 3rd, 2004, 11:09:20 PM
Ace didn't even know what to say. He just sat there for a moment stunned.

"Damn..." as all he could mutter.

Kyashi
May 3rd, 2004, 11:21:18 PM
Kyashi took a sip of his tea, giving the alien a sympathic smile.

"It's alright. I've learned to live with it."

Ace Shipbuster
May 4th, 2004, 12:19:29 AM
Ace nodded, still a bit shaken up.

"That's rough, kid, real rough. I'm sorry you had to deal with so much crap in your life."

Kyashi
May 4th, 2004, 12:34:06 AM
"Mmhmm."

He sets down his mug, rising from his seat. He straightens the dark blue kimono he's wearing and sweetens his smile.
"Hey, do you think I'd be able to see this ship of yours? I've only been on a few ships before.."

Ace Shipbuster
May 5th, 2004, 05:12:55 PM
"Actually, that's not really my place to show it. I ain't my ship. And I'm not too sure where Ragnarok, our captain has gotten off to."

Ace shrugged, glancing around the bar.

"Sorry, kiddo..."

Kyashi
May 5th, 2004, 05:31:27 PM
"Oh."
Damnit. Inside the boy was cursing the alien, but he held his smile in place. To Ace, he would seem to be just a curious kid. Hopefully.

"I'm sure your captain wouldn't mind if you just showed me the outside of the ship, would he?"

Ace Shipbuster
May 6th, 2004, 12:19:05 AM
"Ya' know, kid. I really shouldn't. If I see Rag, I'll ask him. But I really don't wanna get kicked off this ship already. The money's too damn good. Sorry."

Kyashi
May 6th, 2004, 12:30:02 AM
He looked upset, but still held his smile in place. "It's alright, I understand."

Ace Shipbuster
May 6th, 2004, 12:34:58 AM
"What you drinking, kid? Can I get you something? Or maybe some food?" Ace offered.

Kyashi
May 6th, 2004, 12:40:02 AM
"Tea. And I'm not very hungry right now, thank you." He looked towards the door, before offering a slight bow to Ace. "I really should be going, it's getting late. The streets aren't very safe at night here."

Ace Shipbuster
May 6th, 2004, 05:55:13 PM
"G'night, kid. It was nice meeting you... Kyashi. Take care."

As Kyashi walked down the street he heard heavy footsteps running to catch up.

"Hey, kid, you shouldn't be walking home alone. I figured you could use some company. This ain't exactly the best part of town."

Kyashi
May 9th, 2004, 09:30:32 PM
He had just slipped his weapons into his inner-pockets when he heard the sound of heavy feet behind him.

Perfect.

He turned, a smile greeting the alien. "Thanks."