PDA

View Full Version : Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee (Spada)

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 02:04:03 PM
Shade walked into the garden of the Jedi temple and looked around, enjoying the sights and sounds and smell. He really did love the outdoors, and hoped that somethng came along that would allow him to visit a more lively world. He shook his head ad thought about the task at hand. He was he to teach Spada a few more abilities with the Force. The last ones that he could think of next to combat abilities.

spada
Apr 26th, 2004, 02:16:27 PM
Spada walked out of the dormitory area of the Temple and decided to jog to his next lesson. Picking up the pace, his cloak billowed and caught ther air behind him. It made running harder, but harder would only make him stronger. Jogging into a clearing, he noticed Shade. He slowed his pace slightly and bowed to Shade, saying,

"Greetings, master. Another lesson?"

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 02:23:46 PM
Shade returned the bow. "Indeed. Tell me Spada. What do you know of Force 'boosting'?"

spada
Apr 26th, 2004, 02:44:59 PM
"From the way it sounds, it seems like using the force to improve your abilites past what you can normally do."

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 02:45:55 PM
[i"That is exactly what it means. Do you have any experince with this technique at all?"[/i]

spada
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:01:05 PM
Spada did a half shrug and said,

"Well, sort of. I use it sometimes while I'm running to increase my speed. Other than that I can never use it in the middle of a fight."

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:05:50 PM
Shade nodded thoughtfuly. "I see. Well that's something we shall have to remedy now isn't it. Before we begin I want you to do a few simple tasks. This way I can gauge how much you more using the Force. You have alread said you can use the Force to enhance your speed, and I will take your word on that. Now if you would. I would like you to jump in the air as high as you can. Next I want you to hit my hand when I hold it out. And then I want you to hold your breath for as long as you can."

spada
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:59:54 PM
Spada nodded. He shook his legs around to loosen them up.

Getting into a slight crouching position, Spada pushed off like a spring, reaching about 3 or 4 feet into the air before making his way down.

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:02:08 PM
Shade nodded. "Impressive." He holds out his hand for Spada to hit.

spada
Apr 27th, 2004, 05:41:42 PM
Spada looked down at his open hand and knew that he probably wouldn't be able to hit it in time. Juking once, he stabbed out with his hand as Shade recoiled.

Shade Magus
Apr 27th, 2004, 05:44:31 PM
Shade caught Spada's fist, and registered the strength behind the blow. "Very good. Now for your breath."

spada
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:11:13 PM
Spada nodded and stood, breathing regularly. As he inhaled on one breath, he held it in and tried his best to remain calm. After about 1 1/2 minutes, he struggled slightly and exhaled quickly.

Shade Magus
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:17:05 PM
[i]"Very good. Now that I know your natural limits, I will be able to see how much f the Force you are using and how uickly you are learning. Now I want you to clear your mind, and call on the Force like you do when you boost your speed. Allow it to flow through out your entire body. Let it cleanse your weariness and wash away any pains you have."

spada
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:23:43 PM
Spada stared foward and began to clear his mind of all feeling. He then invisioned himself calling upon the force and sending it through his body, allowing it to course through his veins. His pains and bad feelings washed away, and he felt at peace with the force.

Shade Magus
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:31:14 PM
Shade could sense Spada's signature grow in the Force. "Now direct the Force to a part of your body, say your legs. Use the strength and try jumping again."

spada
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:39:41 PM
Spada took the force within his body and concentrated it to his legs. He felt the power flow through his legs, and he concentrated on pushing the force downward towards the floor. He pushed off, and felt as if he weighed half what he used to, and jumped about 10 feet into the air.

Shade Magus
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:43:48 PM
When Spada landed, Shade nodded. "Good. Now do the same thing, but try hitting my hand again."

spada
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:54:31 PM
Spada focused the force hard, sending it through his body and into his shoulders, arms, and fists. He moved the air in front of him and pushed into the man's hand with the force and his own strength at the same time.

Shade Magus
Apr 28th, 2004, 01:07:03 PM
Shade still caught Spada's fist, but this time he had such Force that he thought his wrist would crack. "Very good. Now we can try holding your breath again," he said as he waved his hand trying to get rid of the pain.

spada
Apr 28th, 2004, 02:42:19 PM
Spada stood and relaxed his body, trying to call upon the force to gather around him. He moved it through his mouth and into his lungs, holding his breath as he did so. He focused the force into his lungs, feeding off it as a person does air. He felt as if his lungs were twice as big, and he held it for about 4 minutes until his mind forced him to stop.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 12:46:07 PM
"Very good Spada, now comes for the ultimate test. You must feed the Force into your body as a whole doing everything together at once, but you don't have to hold your breath. You can try that on your own later." Shade took a few steps back and crouched own into a defensive postion. "Now, using the Force I want you to attack me with everything you have."

spada
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:03:06 PM
Spada got into a stance and focused the force through his body, allowing his body to use the energy to become strong and fast. He felt the force course through his veins, and he dashed foward as quickly as possible, focusing the force on his legs to make a roundhouse kick towards Shade's left side. Jumping slightly into the air, he spun as quickly as possible and brought his foot around to meet Shade.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:31:08 PM
Shade brought his left arm up and Spada's foot hit him with such force that he would ave been knocked over had he not been ready for it. Shade then struck out with his right fist. "Remember to see with and through the Force. Let it guide you and flow through your body."

spada
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:56:37 PM
As Spada landed, he felt that he was moving much faster. He turned as he landed to see Shade's fist heading towards his face. Ducking skillfully as his side faced Shade, he reached up with the arm near Shade and grabbed near his elbow. Turning so that his back faced Shade, he grasped Shade's arm with his other hand. Spinning quickly, he rolled around Shade's arm and was standing to Shade's side. He then punched out with an open hand toward's Shade's shoulder, using the force to speed his hand and give it the needed strangth.

OOC- http://eteamz.com/wyomingwrestling/news/index.cfm?id=1561428&cat=217930 (similar to that)

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:00:30 PM
Shade flipped over Spada, landing on his other side. Because of his grasp of Shade's arm they were now facing each other with Shade's right arm bent at the elbow going across his and Spada's chest. He reach between the Padawan's leg's with his and used his foot to pull Spada's from under him.

Silvo
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:15:02 PM
grrrrrrr

spada
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:15:49 PM
Spada had never felt this way as he was fighting Shade. Focusing the force on Shade's foot, he tried to slow his leg and jumped over it at the same time. Landing in front of Shade again, he made a right hook toward's Shade's ribs.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:24:45 PM
Shade couldn't move in time and therefore the blow landed hard. Thankfully he had had a lifetime of trading blows with strong opponents. He raised his hand for Spada to stop. "Very good. I think you're getting better with this Force boosting. There is no questioning your adaptability and ability to learn quickly.""

spada
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:27:40 PM
Spada bowed to his Master, sure that he was not going hard on the Padawan. However, the words were good encouragement and he smiled on the inside. He then said,

"It is a privilege to hear that from you, Master. What will we do next?

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:33:03 PM
"I think now would be a good time to finish your training on the lightsaber techniques. Normally I would say it is time for a rest, but I want to see just how far you can be pushed physically." Shade turned to go back to the larger room for the Padawan's training. "If you would follow me please."

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35388