Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 26th, 2004, 12:27:07 PM
sumone he'p us!

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 26th, 2004, 12:27:37 PM
Visc/Morg?

Darth Viscera
Apr 26th, 2004, 12:37:11 PM
oy, where do I start. this guy seems to be deviating a bit from Morg and I's image of star wars shippery as I know it.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:00:44 PM
I'm at work, I'll have a look when I get home.

This guy seems to be a jackass, seriously.

imported_Eve
Apr 26th, 2004, 06:02:53 PM
Yeah. He's totally sensitive, and then some other stuff.

I have a question because I don't know and now is a good time to ask.

Do we allow deviations, as long as they are legal? Telan (or whatever his name is) stated that he had deviated vessels right? If we let him, then why can't this guy, as long as it is legal? First we say we prefer, then we say he just must (use pre-existing models).

I know nothing about this subject. Can someone clarify for me? Thank ya.

EDIT: I don't see anything in the FAQ that says Star Wars copyrighted/pre-existing ships are used only. We say this about weapons.

EDIT AGAIN: Vis modified his post to not say it wasn't allowed. Neato.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 26th, 2004, 06:50:47 PM
We're trying to cut down on superflous technology. I mean, there is so much unulitized stuff that people could find if they looked under the clothes in the corner of the room. There is neat stuff out there, but most people just don't seem to want to look.

Darth Viscera
Apr 26th, 2004, 06:55:49 PM
yeah, it seems like everyone wants their very own ship class :(

imported_Eve
Apr 26th, 2004, 07:37:33 PM
The Star Wars universe is huge. I always thought pure Star Wars was best, when it came to technology. Otherwise, you can get into godmoding and playing unfair.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 27th, 2004, 02:03:02 AM
looks like Mark is going to help him..

Morgan Evanar
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:33:33 PM
I think we've been ignored. http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35076&perpage=20&pagenumber=2 I'm feeling decidedly undiplomatic about the whole ordeal, so I'm going to step aside and let someone else handle it this evening.

Darth Viscera
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:37:59 PM
anything we can do to make them comply?

I'm at a loss as to what to do myself. He's going ahead and proceeding over the objections of 3 moderators. Could we give him a warning?

Darth Viscera
Apr 28th, 2004, 12:06:09 AM
Originally posted by Firebird1:

Originally posted by Darth Viscera
Jacen, just FYI, your decision to go ahead and pursue this over the objections of the moderators is tantamount to flouting the staff. You should really reconsider.

This comming from the man who manipulated said fleet rules to conquer half the galaxy!

Sure thats just my opinion....

But this discussion is not about ruffleing the Mods feathers....
Espacilly the new ones who are still right out of the package!

In the end it's someone letting people know that he is building a ship company! It's not worth getting all angry over it.

As long as he doesn't build a Death Star the size of a pen we will be alright.
After all, we all pull one out of the pocket everyonce in a while anyways.

This should be fun and bring some life in the fleet stuff again...

[/fb post]

oy, firebird could be a bit less provocative / seething with outright hostility :lol he'd better cut down on the hostility

imported_Eve
Apr 28th, 2004, 05:53:41 AM
I think it is good to make a statement (like you did) about keeping to Star Wars classics, but I too don't see why we're keeping on him about it. If it's legal, I don't see why we care. It is really just irritating some of you more than anything. And now, because we are not really defending a rule, but stating an opinion that is not consistently stated (as far as I know and is evident by everyone's post who use deviated vessels), other people are getting upset.

I say we lay off unless his new ship isn't legal. Then we have a reason to be on his shoulders.

And Firebird acts like this all the time. He is like anti-staff.

Usually at any job, people can be prosectuted for interrupting business. I know this isn't a job, but I can't stand when people interrupt business.

Darth Viscera
Apr 28th, 2004, 01:31:10 PM
The way I see it, we should curb any influx of new ship types as a means of preparing to draft a new "classic star wars" ship policy.

the cizerack & co. are of course sort of like the hapan and as such wouldn't be asked to use classic ships, same with people who've greatly established themselves in a custom ship. It's the people who arbitrarily go to custom ships when they could clearly work with a classic star wars ship that I'm worried about.

PM received from Firebird1:

Firebird1 wrote on Today 01:04:38 PM:
Vic:

I'm not trolling, that was my opinion. If you have a problem with it, thats okay. But I'm not editing it to fit your or any other mod's tastes. I'm sorry that I sometimes come off abit harsh but thats the way I am. I am very critical when someone tries to change a rule, official or unofficial. In this case its the simple rule that you can create your own ship, it just has to fit into the Star Wars Universe.

For example, you can't make a ship that's the size of a TIE Fighter have a Death Star main weapon on it. Or have an X-wing thats as powerful as a Mon Calamari cruser.

In the end thats the way the rule has always been, unofficialy.

Look I'm sorry if I made you or Morg mad, but there is no reason to fat out tell someone to use a Star Wars Universe ship as his or her only option. As long as he can follow the rules it's okay.

synopsis: I'm defending my right to personally attack people under the guise of posting an "opinion".

Darth Viscera
May 1st, 2004, 06:51:03 PM
This Jacen Dantarno fellow is getting on my nerves somewhat. Nevermind the 10 different HAY MODS IS THIS LEGAL!!! threads in the OOC forum, he sent me a 10 page long rambling essay PM about god knows what.

:\

Navaria Tarkin
May 1st, 2004, 07:19:56 PM
o_O

yeah, i know how you feel.. but would you rather him ask if it is legal then just assume it is and then finding out it's not. Damn if you do and don't kinda way =\

imported_Eve
May 1st, 2004, 08:37:34 PM
Is there anywhere you can point him to find out what he needs to know? Is it written somewhere, like maybe the RPG Database at Meras?

He is lame. This new thread, he asks to know whether it is illegal, then someone tells him there is already such a group and his excuse is "well no one told me and I already worked on it". Then he's getting to be like a lil' bitch again.

He's asking, but has no intention of complying anyway. If he makes something illegal, warn him. Get a couple warnings, then ban away. Let him dig his own grave, I say.

And I don't think your job as mod encompasses holding people's hand into the RP world to that extent.