PDA

View Full Version : Kickboxing: Feel the strength (Complete)

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 25th, 2004, 07:25:56 AM
Padawn Jacali Danner breathed deeply, she had been wanting a new workout. Her usual one was getting old and boring.

Kickboxing sounded just about right.

Besides, she really wanted to work on some leg strength and was hoping that this would help her ween herself off her brace. It was a long shot, but she wouldn't ever give up hope of doing so, even fifty years from now, she would still be trying.

"Front leg turning kick. Stand in the back stance with your weight on your back leg and toes of your back foot pointing outward." It was a move she had done before and began praticing her kicks to strenghten her muscles.

Happy with the first set of kicks, she went to the other side and began working on them.

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:02:03 PM
Shade watched the young woman from a few feet away. Jacali was becoming a very good freind of his, and it warmed his heart to watch her try and regain the strength in her leg. He hadn't known her before her accident, as he was away, but he had heard that she was a very formidable warrior. It would be nice to see her as she had been, but it didn't matter to him. As long as she was happy doing what she was doing, then that was what counted the most.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:33:02 PM
Jacali practiced it a few more times and looked back at the cards she had on kickboxing, it was about that time...she noticed someone else there.

She was so into her new sport, she barely noticed. With a smile, Jacali looked up. "Hey, Shade. How ya doing?"

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:35:32 PM
Shade smiled as he walked forward. "I am doing pretty good. And from what I can tell so are you...unless looks are being deceiving."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:39:19 PM
Her smile deepened. "No, just trying out some new moves or strengthening some old. I'm hoping to get enough strength in this leg to get rid of this brace, but it could take a while."

She turned and kicked out with it. "The strength is there, so I can't really understand why I still can't walk on it alone."

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:41:41 PM
Shade shrugged. "Who knows. It could be a number of things. But if you would need any help I would be more than happy to be of assistance."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:47:18 PM
"Sure, I want to do anything that will give me the strength I need in my leg. I want to power strengthen it. Something has to help. Anything." Jacali was very enthusiastic about it, her optimisium was on high. "One day, I'm going to walk without this thing."

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:51:44 PM
Shade laughed at the woman's excitement. "And I certainly hope that you do as well."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 26th, 2004, 04:58:20 PM
Jacali laughed with him. "Sorry, just gotta keep thinking, I'm going to do it. I'm not ever giving up on this, even if it never happens, I'll still be trying."

The Padawan turned and kicked again. She laughed for a moment as she pictured herself as an seventy-year-old woman practicing her kicking skills. "I see myself as seventy doing this, what a sight that would be..." She giggled and kicked again.

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 05:01:21 PM
Shade thought about that once and smiled. "Yes what a sight that would be." Shade watched Jacali practice her kicks with such determination and commitment. It really would be a shame for her not to achieve her goal.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 26th, 2004, 05:05:16 PM
Jacali took a deep breath. "I want to measure my success. I'm going to take off my brace and see how far I get and then maybe do this weekly...or monthly to see if I get any further. The last time I tried Kelt was there and that was before Christmas. I only managed two steps."

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 05:06:46 PM
"Good luck. Remember to trust in the Force and let it help you."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 26th, 2004, 05:13:07 PM
Jacali nodded as she walked over to the bench and carefully took off her brace. Putting it aside, she crossed her legs for a second and allowed herself to sink into the calmness of the Force. She let it flow around her and through her.

When Jacali was at peace completely within the Force, she opened her eyes and took a deep breath.

Uncrossing her legs, she recited to herself. I want to, I chose to, I love to, it's my idea. I can do this.

The Padawan stood and kept reciting it over and over in her mind.

She stepped and stepped again. On her fifth step, her leg gave out and she hit the floor. "Ugh.." She breathed and rolled over to her back and started laughing.

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 05:15:52 PM
When Jacali hit the floor, Shade was already up and next to her before she rolled over. When he saw her laughing he smiled. "Very good. Need any help getting up?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 26th, 2004, 07:07:51 PM
"Five steps! Did you see that?" She exclaimed as she looked at Shade. Her excitement was rolling off her in waves. "I'd do a happy dance, if I could."

She sighed deeply, happy with her accomplishment. "I could use a hand if you don't mind. Let me get my brace." She held out her hand and used the Force to call to her brace. It flew into her awaiting hand a moment later.

"My leg is always really weak after this and I'll be limping badly for a little while, but it was well worth it. Five steps!" She still couldn't believe it as she carefully refastened her brace on again.

Shade Magus
Apr 27th, 2004, 01:01:42 PM
When she had her brace on, Shade bent down and helped her up. "I'm happy that you are making progress."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 28th, 2004, 02:44:52 PM
"Thanks," she smiled and limped over to the bench. "I'll rest it for a few moments and then, I've got to start on my kicks again. I got these kick-boxing cards from the archives, I thought they would help me out some." She showed him the cards.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 12:43:20 PM
Shade looked at them for a minute and nodded. "Well they do seem to be helping you a lot. When you are done with these I could show you some other exercises that might help if you woudld like"

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:55:35 PM
"Sure, that'd be great." She told him with a smile. "What kinds of things can you show me?" She was definitely interested.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:24:26 PM
"Well I've been doing acrobatics for years so having strong legs are essential. There are many different things I could show you. From basic rolls and tumbles to a few flips that could really help."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:33:14 PM
"Awesome!" she exclaimed. "I was really a klutz when I first got here, my training cleared most of that up. But, to learn some acrobatics, hmmm never thought about that."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:39:53 PM
Shade smiled. "Well it really is fun I can tell you that. When you're able to move without your brace, I can take you to a place I know and show you how much fun it can really be."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:55:46 PM
"Sounds great, can't wait!" Jacali smiled. "That'll really make me want to try harder."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:57:40 PM
"I'm glad. Just let me know when you want me to help you and I'll be truely more than happy to."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:16:18 PM
"You've done so much for me already, Shade. Tell me of something I can do for you."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:22:25 PM
"Like I always say, freindship is more than enough."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:44:12 PM
"Well, you'll alwaya have that, Shade. I value friendship in a big way."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:46:49 PM
Shade put a lopsided grin on. "Then it's settled. I'll help you as long as you're my freind."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:49:10 PM
"Deal." She smiled and held out her hand to shake.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:54:44 PM
Shade shook his head. He grabbed Jacali's hand and pulled her into a hug. "Handshakes are for strangers, hugs are for freinds."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:59:09 PM
Jacali happily returned the hug. "Friends for a long time, I hope." She told him with a smile.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:06:22 PM
"Yes indeed," Shade said as he stepped back from the hug. "Now where were we?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:19:56 PM
"Well, I was about to start practicing some more kickboxing, care to join me?" She asked and raised an eyebrow.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:27:11 PM
"I guess I could use some practice. I am getting kinda slow and outta shape."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:42:03 PM
Jacali stepped back and placed her hands on her hips and gave him a 'yeah, right' look.

"Out of shape? Where?"

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:44:57 PM
Shade rubbed his hand over his belly, in a comical way. In actuality he had maybe five precent body fat, but it didn't mean he coudn't pretend. "Look at this thing. You call this in shape.?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:50:06 PM
Jacali laughed and shook her head. "Boy, I don't know maybe a few hundred situps a day could help? I could count and hold your feet." She gave him her best helpful grin.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:52:18 PM
Shade thought about doing sit ups and shuddered. He hated actual exercise. He'd rather be running around in a forest and leaping from tree to tree for his work out. "I think I'll go for the kickboxing."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:57:18 PM
"Alrightly, then." she smiled and went back over to the cards she had. "You pick which kick you want to start with, I'll follow." She handed him the small stack.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 10:00:45 PM
Shade looked through them, before picking a very complex areial kick. He was about to mention that, but then he thought about Jacali and picked a roundhouse kick instead. "How about this one?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 30th, 2004, 02:38:57 PM
"Looks good, let's go to it, I think my leg is ready." She tapped it a couple of times and nodded.

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 01:20:28 PM
"Ok, Sade said as he pu the cards down. He then walked out a little ways to get enough room, and making sure Jacali was ready, he pulled his right leg back and swept it up and around. Tilting back slightly to add a few more inches of height.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 1st, 2004, 09:09:13 PM
The Padawan watched intently what Shade did and then he did it again.

She stood a little ways apart from him and got into the starting stance. With a deep breath, she began kicking in the same manner as Shade. Working the muscles deep in her leg.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 12:38:41 AM
Shade continued kicking for a few minutes.Then stopped and looked over to Jacali to see how she was doing. He already had a line of sweat on is brow.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 06:33:50 AM
Jacali stayed right up with him and continued even though she too, was getting hot. She wouldn't give in.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 06:47:10 AM
Shade watched as Jacali kept going even after he had stopped. He could feel her fatigue through the Force, but she didn't let up an ounce. Her determination was more than admirable, that much was sure. He smiled as he turned the other way, so that he would have a better view of her and started the kicks again, this time with his left leg.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 07:00:19 AM
The Padawan saw that Shade had switched legs, so she proceeded to do the same. Sweat was forming on her forehead, she wiped it away with the back of her hand.

She was breathing heavily and could feel the muscle in her right leg shake as she put all her weight onto it to kick with her left. Jacali pushed herself even more, but on the sixth kick she went down with a muscle spasm. "Ugh!" She yelped through grit teeth and heavy breathing.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 07:04:44 AM
Shade's foot had been in the air when he heard the dry and turned to see it, but he ended up turning to much. His other foot came out from under him and the Jedi landed on his back, the wind knocked out of him. "Oft!" He rolled over and saw Jacali also down.

"You ok?" He asked as he stood up slowly, his back sore from breaking his fall, but he still made his way over to her.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 07:12:41 AM
"Yeah..I'm okay." At the same time she said that, a tear found it's way down her cheek.

Jacali closed her eyes and reached for the Force for comfort to relieve the pain she felt. Her leg was involuntarily shaking as she rubbed it to ease the pain.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 07:16:25 AM
"Don't slap me for this, but I might be able to help, ok?"

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 07:20:20 AM
Jacali trusted him and nodded. "Alright." She told him through clenched teeth.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 07:27:17 AM
Shade placed one hand on Jacali's right thigh and the other on her ankle. He wasn't a healer, but he had learned a few tricks here and there. He called upon the Force and allowed it to flow through him into Jacali. He could feel the wound that made the young woman limp. He sifted the muscles slightly, massaging them almost. He then increased the blood flow slightly for it to warm up and soothe some of the pain.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 07:34:10 AM
The Padawan's breathing calmed as she felt the pain start to subside. The tremor stopped a few moments later.

"Whew, that was a bad one." Jacali breathed. ""I guess, I pushed myself a bit more than I should have. Thank you, Shade for your help."

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 07:37:25 AM
"Don't mention it. All in a days work," Shade said as he smiled. He pushed off his knees and stood up. He held out a hand to help Jacali up. "Can I help you up?"

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 07:42:49 AM
"Yeah." She smiled at him and placed her hand into his and allowed him to pull her up. "Wow, that really took me by surprise. I guess, kickboxing is very beneficial to your legs and it didn't take very much. I'll have to keep working on it and just remember not to push myself so hard."

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 07:46:20 AM
"Yeah let's hope that doesn't happen. Never know if I'll be around next time," Shade said with a sly grin on his face.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 08:03:24 AM
She reached down and grabbed her towel and water. Wiping her forehead and guzzling some water, she began to feel a bit refreshed. She smiled at Shade's comment. "Well, I hope I don't go through that again."

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 02:53:41 PM
Shade nodded. He sat down on the ground to catch his breath.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 03:43:07 PM
Jacali sighed. "Well, I think that kickboxing is out for the rest of the day. Would you like to join me in a leisurely walk to the gardens?"

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 03:49:13 PM
Shade smiled. "Sure. It's a nice afternoon out. It would be a shame to let it go to waste."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 03:55:23 PM
"Great." She answered and limped over to her book bag she had brought, she packed in her towel, water bottle and boxing cards.

"Ready, let's go."

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 04:07:15 PM
He smiled and motioned with his hand. "Well then, off we go."