PDA

View Full Version : Man On Fire

Zasz Grimm
Apr 23rd, 2004, 06:16:02 PM
I liked it alot- Alot alot. Denzel made yet another awesome movie. IMO, it's up there with Training Day for me. I wasn't expecting such a good movie, Dramatic and action packed.

Denzel made an awesome revenge-getter. It was cool and the ending wasn't what I expected at all. At least he went out on his own terms.

(spoiler contains vital info, don't read if you dont want to.)

Madmartigan
Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:55:26 PM
Hmm i felt it was a little dragged out, good movie but it needed to be edited a little bit.

Zasz Grimm
Apr 24th, 2004, 01:36:56 AM
Originally posted by Madmartigan
Hmm i felt it was a little dragged out, good movie but it needed to be edited a little bit.

elaborate.. I think the movie flowed quite nicely- especially character development.

Madmartigan
Apr 24th, 2004, 01:31:06 PM
Well like some of the scenes where he was torturing the villains for information were too long, it seemed to make the movie drag a little

Also we really didn't need a few of those scenes with the parents, you needed to develop the relationship between Pita and Creasy and that took over an hour to do, something needed to be cut out and that could have been Pita's parents love scene and his praying.

It took too long to get to the action, bogging the movie down and then when ya did get to the action too much time was spent with him going from one villain to the next. The movie seemed drawn out there was too much that was unnessary in telling hte story.

I am not sure if those statement qualify as spoilers, I am sorry if they do.

Zasz Grimm
Apr 24th, 2004, 04:41:06 PM
Might be a good idea to edit and mask them as spoilers, IMO they qualify.

But the prayer scene was needed, as was the discussion- it showed what kind of situation the father was in and why he did what he did. The relationship did take a while between pita and creasy, yes, but they had to go over it.

I think the villain torture was good and on time. He wanted information- he did what he had to do. This flick was about revenge, btw.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 24th, 2004, 04:43:18 PM
I spoiler tagged it. Just so's you know. Anything that has to do with the plot of a new movies qualifies as a spoiler and should be masked. *tsk tsk*

Madmartigan
Apr 24th, 2004, 04:47:12 PM
Yea but i felt that you could have gotten that point across with him dealing with two or three villains not seven or eight. It made the pacing all wrong, i felt the movie was goog but if ya fixed the pacing it could have been great.

Zasz Grimm
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:19:53 PM
"I'm gonna kill all who were apart of this, those who profited from it." Creasy said. And he did exactly that.

Madmartigan
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:44:56 PM
Yea but we didn't need to see it as it ruined the pacing of the movie.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 1st, 2004, 10:17:14 AM
Movie was way too long.

We went to a 10:20 pm showing and it was waaaaaay too long.

Tyrn Sairvel
May 1st, 2004, 06:17:31 PM
Movies always seem longer when you go the late shows.

Madmartigan
May 2nd, 2004, 12:05:59 AM
I saw it for the 4:30 matinee and felt it was way too long as well, it needed a better editor

Lilaena De'Ville
May 2nd, 2004, 05:39:21 PM
It was like two movies cobbled together.

That being said, the little girl is adorable, but she's being typecast as the little girl who's smarter than most adults.

Zasz Grimm
May 4th, 2004, 03:06:25 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
It was like two movies cobbled together.

That being said, the little girl is adorable, but she's being typecast as the little girl who's smarter than most adults.

it had to feel that long, IMO. They had to establish the characters, and how they began to feel a bond for each other- How creasy came to feel again. I rather enjoyed to see it, rather than most films that show them loving/bonding with each other in hours, if not days.

JediBoricua
May 4th, 2004, 09:28:39 AM
I saw the movie on Saturday. It started at 11:45 PM and ended 2:15 AM. Great movie, but too long.

I agree with those who say it needed a better editor. You needed all those deads, but you could have shown articles from the female reporter detailing the lesser villains death, you could have planted some of the evidence on paper so Creasy could just kill them, take the info and leave without having to interrogate every single person.

The one liners kick <smallfont color=#FF0000>-Censored-</smallfont> though, "Death is Creasy's art, and he's about to penn his masterpiece" Instant Classic.

Zasz Grimm
May 5th, 2004, 06:48:03 AM
Originally posted by JediBoricua

The one liners kick <smallfont color=#FF0000>-Censored-</smallfont> though, "Death is Creasy's art, and he's about to penn his masterpiece" Instant Classic.

my favorite is.. "Forgiveness is between them and god. I just arrange the meeting."