PDA

View Full Version : Modern day Robin Hood (open)

Jacen
Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:46:04 AM
A hooded figure walked through the crowds of Coruscant. He appeared drunk and was constantly bumping into people and even knocking a few over. He turned down an alley and opened his robe smiling. Man what a load for today. This place is too easy, [i] he thought as he looked over the wallets and jewelery he had just stolen. The would-be thief/bounty hunter, still miling to himself, walked back into the street, no longer the under pretense of being drunk. He was about to walk into one of the many little side cafes when he noticed a beggar standing outside. He opened his robe and picked a small ring. Handing it over to the old lady he smiled and put his finger to his lips.

When he walked in the woman behind the counter smiled. [i]"Well that was very nice of you Jacen. What would you like to drink honey?"

Jacen turned and looked at the menu before choosing a small latte. "Just the usual Betts." The lady smiled and went to fixing his drink. When she turned around and handed it to him, he went to pull a credit from his pocket, but she shook her head.

"You know your money isn't wanted here. Giving the stuff you steal is enough to earn some drink and food. But you know you should really get into another line of work. You know we all worry to death about you. I mean we know it is for a good cause, but couldn't you do anything less dangerous?"

The young man smiled. He had heard the plea many times before, and his response came almost automatically. "You know I would if I could, but I am using my abilities the best way I can. Besides, if I got a desk job, it would just be to boring. And I don't think I would be able to see your lovely face every day."

The woman gave him a mock scowl that turned into a grin. He knew that the people in the cafe cared about him, but this was his calling. This was just something he felt he needed to do. He took his drink and turned in his chair so he could see the news on the holo-vids.

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:04:08 PM
Silvo walked through a crowded street and pushed his way past a man who for some reason caught his eye. He paid no attention to him, however, and turned back around. Suddenly, Silvo felt empty. Reaching into his black jacket, he realised that the man who caught his eye had just stolen his credits. Becoming filled with anger, he pushed through some people and followed him into a cafe.

As he passed the doorway, a guard placed his hand out and stopped him from entering. Silvo reached into his backpack and gave the guard a vibroblade. He walked into the bar and came up behind the man who he followed. He then said calmly to the man,

"I believe you have something of mine."

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:06:45 PM
Jacen looked up into a mirror in front of him and shook his head. Weh will they ever learn? he thought as he brought his drink to his lips. "And what exactly would that be?"

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:08:17 PM
Seeing that the man barely payed him any attention, he kicked one side of the man's stool and spun it to face him.

"My credits. You took them from me in the streets. I want them back."

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:12:07 PM
Jacen adjusted slightly so as not to spill his drink. He looked over at Betts and could see the alarm on the woman's face, but he had a slight gesture. One that she had come to recognize as a sign of him being alright. "Hmmm...credits...I am afraid you have mistaken me from someone else. Prehaps if you could describe these credits to me I could help you find them."

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:14:55 PM
Silvo's face turned so a slightly angered expression.

"What do you think credits look like? Don't screw with me."

He held his arms crossed in front of him and remained on edge, ready to take a shot at the man.

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:18:34 PM
Jacen set his drink down and looked at the man's eyes. "Let me ask you some questions. Are you hungry? Cold at night? Living in a gutter? Are you ill, but can't recieve medical help?"

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:24:17 PM
Silvo replied coolly,

"Well, sometimes I'm hungry. If I fall asleep without my sheets, I can get cold. And sometimes I have to hide for a while and can't get medical help.

I know where you are trying to go with this. And before you say it, I will answer you; I think the poor people are in their position because of their own mistakes. If they want to life a good life, then they can get a job. And no matter how righteous it may seem giving to the needy, I do not accept to people taking my money and giving it away."

His cold, hard face was set like stone in an emotionless expression.

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:28:06 PM
"Maybe you're right. Maybe their position is their own fault. I guess I'll just tell that to the guy I give sandwhiches to every other day. I'll tell him that it is his fault that someone he was protecting was killed and he lot all his fortune. Maybe I'll tell the hooker it is her fault that er father started pimping her. And I'll even tell you that I am sorry..."

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:32:14 PM
Silvo cut off his sentence by saying slightly louder than Jacen,

"You should. The first man didn't do his job, and he can still get a new job. The hooker, she doesn't have to listen to her father. That is what makes the poor weak. They have no backbone."

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:35:09 PM
Jacen shook his head. "I am sorry you feel that way. People could really benefit from having you around. Well now, if you'll excuse me I have business to attend to."

The young boy stood up and grabbed his drink. He nodded to Betts and the man before turning to leave.

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:37:35 PM
Silvo roughly grasped the man's shoulder and said harshly,

"Give me my friggen money back now."

He kept one hand at his side and the other hand firmly grasped the man's shirt.

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:44:01 PM
Jacen wasn't surprised by the man's reaction. He was kind of expecting it, but that didn't mean he could brace himself from the man's strength. "Tell you what. If you can take your credits off this counter then you can walk out of here with them. If not I keep them and you forget about them." He then calmly reached into his shirt and grabbed a bag or credits he then threw out onto the counter in front of him. He could feel the man's grasp tigten at the sight of his credits.

Ohh...a strong one, he thought as he ducked under the man's arm, turning to face him. His long ponytail swinging out at Silvo's face.

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:49:04 PM
Spada ducked quickly as the ponytail came towards his face. He stood back up as the hair passed him and said,

"How about I just beat the hell out of you and take my money?"

He suddenly brought his hand at his side out and jabbed it out open handed towards the man's face.

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:51:09 PM
Jacen ducked and grabbed Silvo's arm. He pulled the man forward. Spinning on his heel Jacen braugh his elbow up eye lver with the guy.

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:58:18 PM
Silvo was thrown off from the man's speed and as the elbow came towards his face, he barely brought his other arm up to catch the blow. As he stopped the attack, he pushed Jacen away by pushing with both arms and jumped out to grapple with him.

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:02:42 PM
Jacen still had his back to the man when Silvo jumped at him. He knew he couldn't moved in time, so he did the next best thing and attempted to twist with his leg outstretched to kick him.

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:06:54 PM
Silvo charged out, but could not react in time from the kick. The rotation sped around and met Silvo's hip smartly. Silvo slightly curved to take the impact and brought his left arm down around the man's leg to trap it against his own side. He then lifted his own forearm to apply a painful pressure on the man's lower calf.

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:17:21 PM
Jacen could feel the pressure on his leg build and knew if he didn't do something fast, it would break. He ducked his head and swung his long ponytail around at Silvo's face in an attempt to get him to loosen the pressure on his leg.

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:19:58 PM
Silvo took the blow from the hair in the eyes, causing the irritation to seriously hurt his eyes. He slightly released the leg and the man got out of it. He looked to his left, and noticed that his bag of coins was next to him. Scooping it up, he winked at the man with red eyes and said,

"Thanks."

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:21:58 PM
"I wouldn't be so cocky yet if I were you." Jacen kicked a barstool at Silvo, and with the man's attention on the barstool, he made a grab for the bag of coins in his hand.

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:42:34 PM
Silvo saw the stool coming towards him and used his free hand to brace to stop the stool. Suddenly, he noticed in the corner of his eye a hand shot out at the bag of coins. He retracted his hand with the coins, but as a result he took his concentration off the stool. He did not see the stool come spinning towards him, and it struck him in the right shoulder on the flat side of the stool. He faltered from the impact and staggered back, shoving the bag in his pocket. He felt the distance to be long enough and revealed a pistol in the arm which was hit by the stool. Pointing it at the man's chest, he felt a stinging in the arm, which he figured to be from the stool. He said angrily,

"I would not hesitate to shoot you, but it is not necessary. You are of no value to me. Now that I have what I want, I think I'll be going."

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:45:26 PM
Jacen retracted slightly at the sight of the weapon. He wasn't a fool. "Very well, very well. But before you go allow me to get you a drink. That little skirmish was very...invigerating, and I give you props for handling yourself so well."

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:49:30 PM
Silvo was almost certain that the man would try something, but he did not want to make himself out to be a coward. Spinning his blaster, he quickly holstered it in his jacket and answered,

"Very well."

He brought his good arm to the arm in pain and rubbed it slightly. The shoulder joint was beggining to swell, but he shook it off and walked to the barstools and took a seat, still facing the man.

Jacen
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:53:39 PM
Jacen used his foot to kick the barstool on the ground into the air. He grabbed it and slid it underneath him. He turned to Betts. "Please give this man any drink he wants and put it on my tab. So sir, would you be kind enough to tell me who you are?"

Silvo
Apr 24th, 2004, 07:15:47 PM
Silvo glanced at the woman and said,

"Get me a coffiene."

He looked back to the man and said,

"Silvo Arkhan. Who are you?"

Jacen
Apr 25th, 2004, 03:14:41 PM
"Jacen. I'm afraid I have no last name to entertain you with. Thief and bounty hunter extrodinare!"[/i]

Silvo
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:09:45 PM
Silvo nodded as he learned the man's name. Glancing back at the waitress, he waited for his drink. He alos wondered why the man wanted him to stay.

"Now why is it that you want me to talk with you?"

Jacen
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:15:22 PM
"Can't a guy just ask for some company? Besides you strike me as the type of person that is into the work I am in."

Silvo
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:04:15 PM
Spada shrugged, becoming slightly annoyed that he did not get his drink yet.

"Maybe. Depnds on what you mean by work."

Jacen
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:11:14 PM
Betts finally gave them their drinks and Jacen drank some of his. "Well you seem to do well in a fight and the only people I know that carry hidden weapons are bounty hunters. True or False?"

Silvo
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:07:14 PM
Silvo nodded, saying,

"Yes, I guess you could call me that."

He took a gulp of the drink and said,

"So who do you work for?"

Jacen
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:09:37 PM
Jacen motioned outside towards the streets. "Who else?"

Silvo
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:19:10 PM
Silvo raised one eyebrow to him.

"What do you mean? You work for the people?"

Jacen
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:26:41 PM
Jacen shook his head as he took a sip of his drink. "Don't act all surprised. I mean I stole from you with the intention of giving your credits to one of them."

Silvo
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:34:14 PM
"So you want to play the part of the nobleman. And how does that classify as bounty hunting?"

Jacen
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:36:10 PM
"Let me clarify it then. I work for anyone, but the money I get I give it all to them, except for the amount to fund my trips."

Silvo
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:57:48 PM
"I see."

He took another gulp of his coffeine and said,

"Well, what else did you want to talk with me about?"

Jacen
Apr 28th, 2004, 01:18:57 PM
"Actually I have a rather big gig coming up soon, and thought maybe you would like to help. The moeny is well more than worth it."

Silvo
Apr 28th, 2004, 02:37:05 PM
Silvo suddenly became more interested. He had a respect for this man because of his taking matters into his own hands. He listened more keenly to the job that Jacen had for him.

"You have my attention."

Jacen
Apr 29th, 2004, 01:06:18 PM
"Soon there is going to be a Senator or some high ranking official arriving on planet from some back water planet. Apparently his people haven't much love for him because they want me to take him out. The only problem is that I know this guy and he knows me. He also knows that his people have put a bounty on him. Now I can get access to his security systems, but h'll have trained his men to look for me. Another bounty hunter though..." Jacen let the thought trail off.

Silvo
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:31:06 PM
Silvo suddenly asked,

"I dont need to get into the place if he will be outside at any time. If not, then I can come up with some way to do it."

He finished off his coffeine, saying,

"Now whats this guy done and will I get anything for doing this?"

Jacen
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:35:19 PM
"Like I said, he's just an opressor of hi home world and not many people like him. As to money I can garuntee atleast ten thousand credits. However much more depends on what is left after equipment purchases and other expendentures."

Silvo
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:37:24 PM
The price was great for Silvo, he kept his focus and said,

"Is there any time when he will be outside? I could easily get him then."

Jacen
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:42:09 PM
"Couldn't tell you. This guy is no stickler when it comes to security. For all I know, he could use underground tunnels and send a decoy outside to represent him."

Silvo
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:44:39 PM
Silvo nodded, saying,

Could there be a way for us to work together in this? Because I want to be sure that the target is this man. I mea, I haven't even seen him before."

Jacen
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:47:14 PM
"I could get you inside of thebuilding he is supposed to be in, and using video feeds I can identify him for you."

Silvo
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:03:34 PM
Silvo nodded. It wasn't his specialty, but he wasn't one to pass up 10,000 credits either.

"Alright. Sounds good. When will we do this?"

Jacen
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:05:54 PM
"He arrives in less than one's month's time. I can have the equipment and te building's security layout way before then. Giving us plenty of time to plan."

Silvo
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:09:16 PM
Silvo nodded. Looking back at the bartenter, he asked,

"This may seem strange, but could I get a glass of Jaar?"

Jacen
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:18:16 PM
Jacen looked at the man because his order was confusing.

Silvo
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:22:09 PM
"Ahh, never mind. Its just a Wookiee drink that i like. Noone on Coruscant ever has them, though."

He turned his attention to Jacen again and said,

"Should we plan here or do we go somewhere else?"

Jacen
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:28:09 PM
Here is fine, but not here in the open. There is a room in the back where I keep a small amount of my weapons and plans from previous jobs. There should be safe enough."

Silvo
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:33:55 PM
Silvo glanced back at the guard at the door, saying,

'Well my weapons are with him, so what should I do?"

He was not completely off guard and didn't like the idea of going into a private room filled with weapons without a weapon of his own.

Jacen
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:35:51 PM
Jacen turned his head to face the gaurd. "Hey Rob! He's with me," the teen said jerking his head towards Silvo. The gaurd nodded and came over bearing all the older man's weapons.

Silvo
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:38:53 PM
Silvo grabbed his weapons bad and followed Jacen into the back room. He had the bag opened and looked through his bag, making sure that everything was there. He looked up and said,

"Now where's these weapons?"

Jacen
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:50:07 PM
"Right here," Jacen said as he slapped a hidden sensor on the wall. He drew back slightly and flew upwards. They walked inside the room and Jacen looked around. On three walls hung a varietyof weapons. Everything from small blasters to minicannons to knives and swords. The other wall was cover with schematics and construction plans of various buildings and ships throughout the galaxy.

Silvo
Apr 30th, 2004, 03:22:22 PM
Silvo nodded in agreement.

"Nice collection."

He set his bag down onto a table and removed his weapons;

a long bag, a short vibroblade, a knife, and the blaster pistol in his hidden holster.

Opening the bag, he revealed parts of a rifle. Quickly and without talking, he snapped the pieces together and had the custom-made rifle together. Giving the side a slap, there was a click and the long rifle was assembled. Sliding a scope on a groove near the ironsights, he clicked on the scope and said,

"I prefer this weapon."

He held it out for Jacen to look at.

Jacen
May 1st, 2004, 01:27:30 PM
Jacen took hold of it and examined it. Nodding with approval he handed it back to Silvo. "Nice. Very Nice. now shall we get down to business?"

Four hours later the pair emerged and went their seperate ways. Silvo to go get the equipment and Jacen to get the Intel.