PDA

View Full Version : Cat Rules

Lady Vader
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:15:21 PM
Those of you that own a cat or cats will understand all these rules that cats follow. I swear, they read from the same book:

BATHROOMS:
Always accompany guests to the bathroom. It is not necessary to do anything. Just sit and stare.

DOORS:
Do not allow any closed doors in any room. To get door open, stand on hind legs and hammer with forepaws. Once door is opened, it is not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an "outside" door opened, stand halfway in and out and think about several things. This is particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito season.

CHAIRS AND RUGS:
If you have to throw up, get to a chair quickly. If you cannot manage in time, get to an Oriental rug. If there is no Oriental rug, shag is good. When throwing up on the carpet, make sure you back up so it is as long as a humans bare foot.

HAMPERING:
For book readers, get in close under the chin, between eyes and book,
unless you can lie across the book itself.

For paperwork, lie on the work in the most appropriate manner so as to obscure as much of the work as possible. Or at least pretend to doze, but every so often reach out and slap the pencil or pen.

For people paying bills or working on income taxes or Christmas cards, keep in mind the aim: to hamper! First, sit on the paper being worked on. When dislodged, watch sadly from the side of the table. When activity proceeds nicely, roll around on the papers, scattering them to the best of your ability. After being removed for the second time, push pens, pencils, and erasers off the table, one at a time.

When a human is holding the newspaper in front of him/her, be sure to jump on the back of the paper. Humans love to jump.

When human is working at computer, jump up on desk, walk across keyboard, bat at mouse pointer on screen and then lay in human's lap across arms, hampering typing in progress.

WALKING:
As often as possible, dart quickly and as close as possible in front of the human, especially: on stairs, when they have something in their arms, in the dark, and when they first get up in the morning. This will help their coordination skills.

BEDTIME:
Always sleep on the human at night so he/she cannot move around.

LITTER BOX:
When using the litter box, be sure to kick as much litter out of the box as possible. Humans love the feel of kitty litter between their toes.

HIDING:
Every now and then, hide in a place where the humans cannot find you. Do not come out for three to four hours under any circumstances. This will cause the humans to panic (which they love) thinking that you
have run away or are lost. Once you do come out, the humans will cover you with love and kisses and you will probably get a treat.

ONE LAST THOUGHT:
Whenever possible, get close to a human, especially their face, turn around, and present your butt to them. Humans love this, so do it often. And don't forget guests.

Sun Zao
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:29:13 PM
HUGGING:
Humans with long pants on need HUGS! This means latching onto them no lower than the kneecap, and digging your claws into the fabric of their trousers. In theory, this won't hurt them.

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:30:27 PM
Holy cow. I thought my cats were the only ones!

Lady Vader
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:32:31 PM
I'm telling ya... they ALL read from the same handbook.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:36:28 PM
It must be a conspiracy... my cat does everything on that list.

Marga Alton
Apr 21st, 2004, 06:19:11 PM
My CATS do almost everything on that list. Though they are indoor cats and freak at going outside. Unless they want to make me panic, but I always wiggle my foot around, chasing the cats away from the door so I can leave.

Travis North
Apr 21st, 2004, 07:50:32 PM
Ha this is why we keep cats in the barn. But then there is the one that a family member trains to stay in the porch and eat the dogs food or dash in the house. Or its explores its way into the house.

Alpha
Apr 21st, 2004, 07:56:14 PM
Wow...My cats have to have read this book...:)

Rhea Kaylen
Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:40:42 PM
*AMEN*!!

Every single item on the list. My female especially subscribes to the chapter on CHAIRS AND RUGS. She is an expert. The male's skills all lie in the hampering and bedtime departments.

Scary. When I one day find conspiratorial, clandestine cat propaganda literature lying about my house, I will in no way be surprised.

Sun Zao
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:43:15 PM
My friend's cats have learned to understand that if I point my gun at them, they're in trouble ^_^;

Alf
Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:39:03 AM
Just hand them here and I'll take care of all obidience problems...:evil

Vampyre Dalamar
Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:46:21 AM
"My cat is sweet he likes to lay on my freshly folded clothes. He keeps them nice and warm and hairy just for me. He also shows his appreciation by leaving a dead bird by my doorstep. This is of course to show me his great love and respect for me a mere human who is feeding him. My favorite though, is that he walks beside me like a dog. The Neighbors laugh because he comes running when I get home like a dog would. Then he proceeds to try to trip me while walking back and forth in front of me. Ahh the Love of Cats Can you beat it...":rolleyes

Eris Alexiel
Apr 23rd, 2004, 09:38:01 PM
my cats do all of these but they prefer to puke on mom's car when the cover is on fortunately and all over the floor of the garage...if I had the time, I'd write out the steps to giving a cat a pill but it's a lot to type, funny though...

spada
Apr 24th, 2004, 11:50:41 AM
There should be something in there about eating grass before throwing up. Ohter than that my cat does exactly those things.

Darth Viscera
Apr 24th, 2004, 02:29:09 PM
My cats *always* have to be rubbing themselves against my right leg. Whether I'm on the computer, walking around in the kitchen or sleeping, I have a cat rubbing itself against my leg. When I walk down the stairs, I have 1 or 2 cats running UNDER my feet as I go, trying to trip me so that I fall head-first down the stairs and crack my skull open against the wall below. When I sit at the computer desk, I have a cat walking around near my feet trying to tangle himself up in computer cables and accidently yank the power cord from the surge protector out of the wall outlet, or running very fast and jumping against the computer so that it crashes down and there's a risk of damage to the motherboard.

Don't get me wrong, adorable, unconditional affection from something furry and docile that's always trying to kill you is fun for the first 8 years, but ATM I'm a little disillusioned with pets.