PDA

View Full Version : Come In Peace....(Open PM Request)

spada
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:48:28 PM
The stars blurred and created long streaks across the sky in lightspeed. Spada sat lounging in his A-Wing as he passed through the boring part of his trip. He had not stretched his legs for a long time and wanted to stand, but the cockpit barely held him in a reclined seat. He scrunched up and attempted to get something out of his cloak, and after a struggle was able to get it. He pulled out a datapad and loaded up information about the history of Plo Koon, another Kel Dor like him.

He became so absorbed in the reading that when his ship suddenly stopped from a gravity well, the datapad was flung foward and hit the cockpit window and broke into 3 pieces. He himself was shuddered, and as he shook to one side, his head cracked against the side of the cockpit and he was knocked out cold.

Sanis Prent
Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:11:13 AM
"Oh Krasst! We are so frelled."

Jep ran a shaky hand through his hair.

"Okay, a space collision on my record, I could probably handle. Even as a third offense, I could probably deal. But we just ran a Jedi the frak over, man. Oh, and I don't suppose I have to tell you that we bowled his ship over while we're hauling 30 korgs of Ryll Blue!"

Jep shakily lit a stim, as he and his friend looked at the unconcious alien sprawled in their crew cabin.

"We're utterly boned. As if the New Republic customs patrols are enough. Now we just offed a frellin Jedi, man."

His friend, who had already been halfway through his own stim, sat in a corner, deep in contemplation.

"It ain't as bad as it seems, Jep."

Jep didn't seem to agree.

"Vinz, what the frak do you mean? We just cold-cocked a frellin Jedi, man. That's a little more than taking a blackjack to Officer Mahoney, you skag."

Vinz exhaled slowly.

"You need to chill, son. Hell, his brains, guts, and other vitals ain't exactly leakin out. You ever had to clean brains off a hyperdrive? That krasst will make a zen master like myself a death-star blastin mother freller, mother freller. This cat's a package deal. Dren happens, but bitchin about it ain't exactly gonna clean it up."

Jep gesticulated mid-thought with the tip of his stim.

"Alright alright alright alright. What. What do you suggest, El Capitan? Whatever it is, its gotta be within the system, and its gotta be fast. I guaran-damn-tee that there are gonna be some uncomfortable frellin questions passed around this joint before that stiff's body gets cold, and y'know, I ain't exactly the question-answerin type, you dig?"

Vinz took another slow drag.

"Alright dog, groove on this. I know a low-down gangsta type that grooves round these parts. Now, he ain't slummin and bangin like us, but he knows his dren, and he knows how to connect the dots, if you dig. I give him a ring, and smooth this situation out with him, and I guarantee he'll make it go away."

Jep scowled.

"Who the frak do you know on Coruscant? You're a mid-rim banger."

Vinz smiled broadly.

"Lets just say this cat makes his rounds, alright. You ever heard of Sanis Prent?"

Jep stopped mid-drag.

"You? You know Sanis Prent?"

Vinz shrugged a little.

"I've met him once or twice."

Jep seemed to pick up in his spirits.

"Right now, I don't give a frellin krasst if you used to shine his shoes. It's a better option than prison, so go ahead and hit up your big connection."

Vinz smiled broadly, and tapped a few keys on his comm.

"Thats what I thought. You need to step back and relax, dog. This is my game."

spada
Apr 23rd, 2004, 03:17:07 PM
Spada woke, still unable to move. He glanced slowly around an unfamiliar room, he could not see anyone. Sliding his hand to his head, he felt a fairly large gash and dried blood on his skull. He groaned slightly and stayed on the ground, still not quite concious.

Moving his same hand to his waist, he felt for his lightsaber and breathed a sigh of relief as he felt the long cylinder in his grip. He tried to move his other arm and moaned in pain as he felt needles in his elbow. It must have been broken. Trying to fit into a comfortable position, his eyes slightly rolled back and he fell asleep, hoping that whoever had him were friendly.

Sanis Prent
Apr 27th, 2004, 12:43:56 PM
I woke up to hear my comm ringing. I checked the chrono.

"Six AM, ugh."

Rolling out of bed, I flailed for the device, activating it.

"Yeah?"

"Sanis Prent, what is up homeslice?"

The voice was vaguely familiar...Vinz Ardu, maybe.

"Well Vinz, right now its me, and not voluntarily."

"Sorry dog, what time is it down on Coco?"

"Six in the morning." I replied, glum-faced.

"Damn dog, sorry for the wake-up call and all, but me and my boy, we got ourselves a situation that needs your special attention."

There was no suprise in my face. "Oh."

"Yeah, a little bit of a traffic problem. Roadkill in space, ya dig?"

I had wandered over to the kitchen to make a cup of instacaf.

"Uh, why don't you call a cleaner?"

"Frell man, I'm a mid-rim banger. I ain't got no friendlies in the core, dog. You're my connection. Help a brother out."

With a long sigh, I upended my flask into the steaming cup of caf, saucing the black stuff with a bit of the hair of the dog.

"You just woke me up, man. I'm not exactly a hundred percent here."

"Look, don't worry bout that. We can red-line this dren right down to your position. You just chill, whip up some of that good coffee you dig, and let Brother Vinz regulate the funkiness. We crystal?"

I sipped my "Corellian Coffee".

"Yeah. Clear."

"What I always say, Sanis. You my boy."

Frowning, I continued.

"Just get in and lets get this done, okay? I've got things to do today."

With that, I closed the comm, and banged my head on the cabinet door a few times for good measure.

spada
Apr 27th, 2004, 05:45:57 PM
Spada woke a few hours later and did not feel as dizzy. He crawled out a few feet and reached a wall, allowing him to prop himself up. He had a splitting headache, and wondered who was holding him. Looking around, it appeared to be any normal ship's quarters. He sat in a sloched position and waited for someone to go to him.

Sanis Prent
Apr 28th, 2004, 10:30:34 PM
I'd wandered off to the love seat in my living room, and managed to doze off again despite the caf. The next thing I heard were whining repulsordrives outside. I stood up, and trotted to the front window to see a small craft with a busted deflector array touching down nearby.

"Krasst."

I downed what was now lukewarm caf and bourbon, and winced it through my esophagus as I poured up another cup; this time with no whiskey. I didn't have to wait long.

"Sanis Frellin Prent. Tha Professor Himself!"

I turned around from the kitchen counter, adding as much smarm to my returning smile as I could without fully revealing my annoyance.

"Morning Vinz. Who's the friend?"

Vinz closed the sliding glass door behind him, and stepped to the side as I walked into the living area.

"Sanis, I'd like you to meet my associate, Mr. Jep Vestane. Jep, this is Mr. Prent, the answer to all our woes."

Vinz knew how to kiss tail, and he was laying it on thick. Jep seemed a little more tightly-wound, and responded with a curt greeting and a handshake. Obviously he wasn't accustomed to Vinz's stress-free philosophy. Or at least he wasn't as accomplished a mooch.

"Nice to meet you." I lied. "Help yourself to some caf. I brewed up a batch."

Wandering into the living room, I plopped myself down in my chair, and waited on my two guests to get their morning fix before they settled on the couch.

"Now, what seems to be the problem?"

Before Vinz could give the "smoothed over" version, Jep cut to the chase.

"We were hauling Ryll blue, and had a space collision. Because of that, we're stuck with a stiff in our cargo hold. Worst part of all, he had this with him..."

Jep placed Spada's lightsaber on my coffee table. My hand froze, midway between delivering the cup to my mouth.

Vinz was on damage control. Drinking deeply from his cup, he smacked his lips approvingly.

"Damn Sanis, this is some serious gourmet dren! Me and Jep woulda been satisfied with that freeze-dried Tattooine powdery stuff. You spring this gourmet frellin stuff on us. What flavor is this?"

It wasn't working.

"Knock it off, Vinz."

He paused, feigning a hurt look.

"What?"

It only insulted my intelligence.

"I'm not a cobb of corn, so you can stop butterin me up. I don't need you to tell me how good my caf is. I'm the one who buys it, I know how frellin good it is. When Navaria goes shoppin, she buys crap. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff 'cause when I drink it, I wanna taste it. But what's on my mind at this moment ain't the caf I made, it's the dead Jedi on my lawn."

Vinz tried to explain.

"Sanis..."

But I wasn't having any of it.

"I'm talking here. Now let me ask you a question, Vinz. When you flew down here, did you notice a sign out front that said 'Dead Jedi Storage'?"

"Sanis..."

"Answer the question. Did you see a sign out in front of my living quarters that said 'Dead Jedi Storage'?"

Resigned a bit, Vinz answers.

"No, Sanis. I didn't."

Leaning forward, I impart the moral of the story to him.

"And you know why you didn't see the sign?"

"Why?"

And then I let loose, jabbing an accusatory finger all the way.

"Because storin dead Jedi ain't my frelling business, that's why!"

Silvo
Apr 29th, 2004, 04:58:29 PM
delete

spada
Apr 29th, 2004, 04:59:09 PM
Spada heard the ship touch down outside as he perked up slightly. He looked around his surroundings. which seemed normal, and managed to stand himself up. Reaching into his belt, he could not find his lightsaber.

"Augh- sithspit! I'd better get that back."

He leaned against the wall and moved himself to the door and saw that a code was needed to enter. He moaned to himself and crouched down, still dizzy from his walk to the door. He waited for someone to open the door, and then he would be able to try his escape.