PDA

View Full Version : odd behavior

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 20th, 2004, 11:44:41 PM
I was browsing the Gallery when I saw that two of the most recently commented on wallpapers were rated by a user called "Cian Doyle." I was curious about the user, as the account only have two posts to it, and so looked at the profile.

Two posts, but the last post was "never"?! And when I clicked Admin Options at the bottom of the page it opened a new window and prompted me for the username and password for Ogre's test forums. Bizarre!

I just thought I'd leave a record of the odd happenings.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:40:27 PM
That user's two posts are in Gallery comments. Gallery comments count toward total user post count but don't display when you run a search for posts by this user, nor do they display in the profile under last post. I'd need to modify some queries to get them to show and I'm not even sure that would work, since the gallery comments are formatted in the DB differently than forum posts.

As for the link behavior you experianced; I am unable to reproduce what you say happened, so I think it was some kind of browser quirk on your end.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 22nd, 2004, 01:10:34 AM
Unless there is some phenomenal coincidence here, Cian Doyle is Daegal.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 22nd, 2004, 05:40:31 AM
Didn't we ban his punk ass a long time ago?

PS: still a fuckoff. I wouldn't let him purchase squat if I were you Jen.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:23:14 AM
The last active IP for Cian Doyle is Daegal's, so yes the account, IP, and email have all been banned.

For reference Daegal's IP looks like this:

pcp03464666pcs.indpnd01.mo.comcast.net - (68.86.48.171)

Morgan Evanar
Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:34:46 AM
I love you [/gir]

TheHolo.Net
Apr 22nd, 2004, 07:39:25 AM
Thanks for the heads up Jenny. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 22nd, 2004, 09:48:05 AM
No prob. I wouldn't have noticed if he hadn't chosen the same name for his new char at the SWRPG split board.

Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Didn't we ban his punk ass a long time ago?

PS: still a fuckoff. I wouldn't let him purchase squat if I were you Jen.

He isn't buying anything. He might have donated some money, but he isn't ending up on the staff. No one is comfortable with that. He's going to help with vB a bit, since he's the only one there with some knowledge of it.

As an aside, given that he's trying to come clean and help us and everything, he did admit to me that he sent the email, back when. He didn't admit to getting into the forum though - lumped the blame for that on Lynch.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 22nd, 2004, 10:37:51 AM
Nice. I probably know VB better than he does, if you want competent help.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 22nd, 2004, 10:42:19 AM
Any help is definetly welcome :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 22nd, 2004, 10:45:26 AM
Well if'n you folks get stuck on something, look me up and ask me questions. I know vB quite well, and am even pretty familiar with vB 3.x.

*admires all his custom hacks here that are available here and no where else*

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 22nd, 2004, 11:09:08 AM
*admires them too* :)

Good job Jenny!

Taylor Millard
Apr 25th, 2004, 01:22:54 PM
Nice job guys. Excellent hunting