PDA

View Full Version : Departure for Nehantish (Estelle, Dasquian, J'ktal)

Figrin D'an
Apr 20th, 2004, 09:30:14 PM
Moving about his quarters with a quiet efficiency, Figrin shuttled between his office, his bedroom and the living area, attempting to put everything in order and take care of little details before his departure. It may have seemed premature, and perhaps unnecessary, to some, but the Jedi Master had no idea how long he would be gone. He wanted to have contingencies in place should things not go to plan, which in this case, he fully expect them not to. Even still a day out from leaving for Nehantish, it seemed that he couldn't prepare enough.

His modest traveling case lay out on his bed, he placed a few final items inside... an extra pair of boots, his black formal tunic and pants, and black cloak, and his second lightsabre... before closing the cover and setting it off to the side. A few moments later, he clacked away at the terminal in his office, clearing his schedule for the next 6 weeks. The other council members had agreed to cover his teaching duties between them, and his padawans had been dealt with separately. Ka' el would continue his mental exercises to strengthen his confidence and will to resist the Dark Side, under the watchful eyes of the other masters. As for Sejah... well, he would remain under watch and undergo counseling. Kelt had agreed to look after Sejah, and contact Figrin should anything important arise.

He cleared out his schedule with the Senate, removed extra meetings and locked out his calendar from further additions. With that completed, he checked the chronometer. Dasquian and Estelle were due to arrive shortly.

It was impossible to deny his bias. Sejah was his student, and even though Figrin had not trained the mongoose through his entire apprenticeship, there was still a bond between them. Despite his transgressions, Figrin wanted to see Sejah succeed as a Jedi, and in life. To do that, he had to fight for Sejah's right to exist, and his right to rise above the archaic disaster that was the Nehantish social structure. And to defend him, Figrin needed to understand Sejah's roots; to see the climate of his youth personally. As much as the Jedi Master could counsel and teach about controlling emotional response, he could not truly preach a solution until he had walked in his student's shoes, if only for a short time. A fire inside of him fueled his motivations, and while necessary on a task of this sort, it made him less than completely objective.

Though he did not want to risk any life other than his own, he ultimately realized there was no other recourse. He needed help on this one. He could only hope his fellow Jedi would agree.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 22nd, 2004, 11:38:41 AM
Dasquian was the first to arrive. In recent times, the Jedi Kngiht had spent much of his time traveling from planet to planet. Between his trips to the Hallaeran Cluster and training ventures, he had become accustomed to traveling light. On his shoulder he carried the same satchel that he always took with him when he left the hub – with changes of clothes, his saber, communication devices and a few spare healing salves. For some reason, he felt the need to plan for the worst. He had never been to Sejah’s home planet, of course, but he had heard various stories. Which were true or which were not wasn’t clear, but one thing was clear – it was a far cry from the often courtly life of the Jedi Temple.

When the Hallaeran moved to knock on the Jedi Masters door, it slid aside. This was one of the scarce few times he had seen D’ans quarters, and the first he had seen the interior. Though Dasquian and Figrin weren’t well acquainted, the Knight respected his peer – particularly when it came to diplomacy, a field which Dasquian himself was very much interested in. Between the two of them, they had seen Sejah at some of his roughest moments.

“Greetings Master D’an,” he smiled, bowing his head in respect.

“I see you’re about ready to go.”

Estelle Russard
Apr 24th, 2004, 11:05:03 PM
Estelle had resolved to settle for the one, heavy bag instead of the lighter two.

She had tried - very hard - to not bring so much with her. But there were too many unknowns to discard most of what she had brought.

Would she need warm clothes? Cool clothes? Formal clothes? How long would they be gone? These were things a woman just needed to know. She was a little flustered that she did not have more details.

However, it was not the clothing that was taking up the bulk of the luggage space. It was the books.

Terran had suggested she look in the library for books on different court protocals and etiquitte, playfully quoting her that one could never be "too" prepared. Looking down at the bulging case, Estelle now was not so sure.

There were no books on Nehantish etiquitte that she could find. The best she had found was a cross-section of varying worlds and cultures that may ultimately offer her some enlightenment or insight. These books she planned to study on the forward journey.

Zipping up her bag and exiting her apartment, Estelle sighed.

This was going to be a very difficult assignment.

In truth, she knew she had thrown herself into the issue of protocol and etiquette as a way to help channel her emotion regarding the real issue at hand.

Sejah. And J'ktal.

Whenever she thought of the whole situation, a flutter erupted in her stomach and made her feel nauseas. The whole thing was so complicated. Just and unjust both at the same time. Unravelling the issues to some form of satisfactory outcome for both Sejah and the Nehantish Authorities was going to be a very daunting task. Thank goodness for Master D'an. And Dasquian Belargic. If anyone could bring some sense to this scenario, it was these two respected Jedi. Estelle hoped she, too, would be of some help.

As she made her way down the Living Quarters corridor, Estelle mentally went over the arrangements she had made for Terran and Aejin to continue their studies under the guidance of those in the Council as their time allowed during her absence.

Loki's little face also returned to her thoughts. His best friend was in mortal danger from his own people and Loki's heart was torn for Sejah.
Estelle wanted to help Sejah for Loki's sake as much as for his own.

Estelle knocked on Figrin's door. She was looking forward to spending time in the company of both Figrin and Dasquian. J'ktal she was less sure about. She understood he was doing his duty as he saw it. And Estelle had no doubts that the Shadow warrior had honor according to his own code.

In fact, if she was honest - it was not J'ktal that concerned her, as much as it was her own view of him. Ever since the incident in the Council Chamber, the Jedi Master had struggled with feelings of animosity toward him. But at the moment, Estelle was not being completely honest with herself. Her love for Loki and her care for Sejah were clouding the issue, and she was not prepared to admit it. Easier to be angry with J'ktal.

The door slid open and Master D'an greeted her.

"I hope Im not late...?"

Figrin D'an
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:49:08 PM
"Not at all, Master Russard. You are right on time, as a matter of fact. Please, have a seat."

Figrin had just motioned for Dasquian to take a seat when the door opened and Estelle stepped inside the quarters. Estelle placed her large traveling bag off to the side, then moved the living area, where the other two Jedi sat.

"Thank you both for agreeing to do this," Figrin began. "This mission could have ramifications both powerful and far-reaching for the Jedi, the Republic and Nehantish. While reaching a permenant solution regarding Sejah is our primary goal, we need to maintain the fragile relationship between the Nehantish Royal Council and the Republic at the very least. I would like to believe that we can find a way to bridge some of the gaps and cultural differences to improve diplomatic relations, but that may be just a foolish hope."

Figrin stood up and grabbed two datapads sitting on a small end table. He handed one to Dasquian, the other to Estelle.

"This will provide you with some basic information about Nehantish, and Nehantite culture," he explained. "You'll have time to read it en-route. It is by no means complete, which is why I've arranged for J'ktal to meet with us before we depart. He is going to do his best to fill us in on some of the more unusual aspects of his society."

Figrin stood nearby as the two other Jedi skimmed the information he had provided.

"Foremost, however, it's important to understand that Nehantish will appear very backwards by our standards. It's government is totalitarian, ruled by a small class born into priviledge and wealth. Their power is absolute and unchallenged. The lower classes are very poor, and are subject to conditions that we seldom see anymore, even outside the Republic. You may see great injustice around you, but we must stay focused on the task at hand. Any interference by us in their day-to-day lives could jeopardize the mission."

"And," he added, "that is part of the reason I wanted you both with me for this trip. Your experiences and abilities as Jedi will be of great benefit, but I also know that you both are objective and rational. Given my close involvement with this entire situation, there is the possibility that my actions will not always serve the greater good. I may need the two of you to... correct my moral compass from time to time."

Estelle Russard
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:28:08 PM
Estelle took the proferred data pad, taking care to hide the rueful smile as she should have known Figrin would have been prepared. Perhaps she should unload some of those heavy books..

Skimming the information, Estelle listened, nodding occassionally as Figrin explained further as to the importance of this mission and the hopes he held for their success. It was only when he spoke of herself and Dasquian being his moral compass that she stopped in place and closed the pad, to focus her full attention on the seasoned Jedi Master.

Estelle was well aware that the whole situation was an emotionally charged one. One of their own was in direct jeopardy from their past. It was natural to feel protective and defensive toward ones own, while so important to keep a sense of objectivity and understanding about it all. However, she had not considered just how difficult it would be for Figrin who had such a vested interest in Sejah - his own padawan. Estelle considered how she would feel if it were one of her students who, quite literally, was fighting for the right to live, and a new, heightened sense of respect kindled for the Jedi Elder as he acknowledged that there was potential for his own judgement to be biased. Her thoughts flittered to J'ktal momentarily, a faint inner conviction trying to warn her of her own feelings. Which did not quite get through.

"We will do our best, Figrin. We know that so much weighs in the balance. Lets hope our best will be enough."

Dasquian Belargic
May 1st, 2004, 02:36:07 AM
As Figrin spoke, Dasquian nodded slowly, showing his understanding of the Jedi Master’s words. Whenever the Jedi were dispatched to areas of the galaxy that did not fall in Republic territory, there was always a danger that a waiting powder keg would be lit. A clash of cultures, even over the simplest of things, could escalate into something far graver. Even from speaking with Sejah on matters unrelated to his home world, it was clear how different things were – the Padawan’s own attitudes and perceptions of the world showed this. He glanced down at the data pad in his hands, skim reading the first paragraph before deciding that he would save reading it for the trip to Nehantish. “We’ll be watching,” he said, feeling there was little else to be added to what Estelle had already said.

Figrin D'an
May 3rd, 2004, 10:50:03 PM
"Thank you, both," Figrin offered sincerely. "I wouldn't be able to do this without you. There are so many things that are beyond our control, but if we can work together and keep each other focused, we can better deal with the unknown."

"I spoke with Sejah about people to contact once we arrive that may be helpful to us," he continued, changing to a more informative subject. "He indicated that his one-time fencing teacher, a Master Rej, would be the most important person to speak to. He also indicated that Rej would find us, so it seems that there may be any number of people who already know we are coming. We can anticipate how the Royal Council will react to us, but the general public of the planet is another matter entirely. Most Nehantites have never seen a Jedi, other than as presented in fictional stories. We will need to be cautious when moving about in the city."

Figrin checked the wall chrono. J'ktal was due to arrive soon. His insights into the Nehantite culture would prove interesting, especially given what Figrin knew of Sejah's perspective of their society.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 4th, 2004, 12:29:24 AM
With a light rap of his paw, J'ktal knocked on the door before entering. As usual, he was dressed from head to toe in black dress clothes, onlt the soft silver shine of his tie clip and belt buckle standing out against the inky fabrics. In his paw was a canvas satchel, and he nodded hello as he drew close to the small circle of Jedi.

"Hello, my apologies if I am late," he announced, setting the satchel and withdrew another set of datapads, as well as a pneumatic hypodermic device. "I have compiled a little more information, mostly useful things, I tried to go light on the technical aspects for you. Also, since you have never been to Nehantish before, you will each need a shot to protect you from some of our diseases, and us from some of yours."

Looking to Figrin, he set the hypospray down next to his bag and held out the datapads instead. "But the shots can wait for later. Right now, I am sure you have questions. Befrore we start, though, I would like to let you know that I am going to postpone Sejah's punishment until you might be able to argue his case. It might mean the revocation of my title, but in this instance it is the ethical thing to do."

Estelle Russard
May 4th, 2004, 02:08:44 PM
Estelle felt her body stiffen slightly as J'ktal entered Figrin's suite, but greeted him congenially enough.

She watched on and listened in quiet reserve as he outlined their need for innoculation, which made her blanch a little, and then explained his postponing of Sejah's punishment. Estelle was relieved to hear it. Perhaps it could be avoided all together. She tried to be hopeful.

J'ktal was very efficient and had come prepared. Even his movements in unpacking the items from his sachel were neat and concise to the task. Very much like the man himself, she observed. If J'ktal was anything, he was extremely disciplined and self controlled. Estelle had already noted as much earlier inside the Council Chamber.

"J'ktal, you are being very fair towards Sejah, despite his actions toward you in the Council Chamber. Is there hope that your superiors will take a similar attitude?"

Something in Estelle's voice expressed she did not expect so.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 4th, 2004, 06:05:48 PM
"I am not at liberty to speak about the feelings of my superiors within the Death-Shadow Corps," he replied cooly. "My postponing of his punishment is due more to my hopes to remain among the Jedi Order. I feel strongly that he should be punished for his crimes immediately. But I will give you the time to decide his fate, as you have a vested interest in him as well."

Glancing down at their bags, the mongoose asked, "Might I ask what all you are taking with you? Have you packed sunscreen?"

Figrin D'an
May 6th, 2004, 12:35:01 AM
"I do have some packed, yes," Figrin chimed in. "Although, we most certainly won't be attempting to sun ourselves. Much like when visiting a planet like Tatooine, we plan on staying out of sun during the hotest portions of the day as much as possible."

"My largest concerns are those associated with meeting with your world's leaders, and with avoiding problems caused by the cultural divide," he explained. "Sejah has provided some basic information, but I felt that your background might give us further insight, especially where your government is concerned."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 7th, 2004, 12:22:44 AM
"You will most likely be given an aide," J'ktal begain explaining. "All off-world ambassadors are given an aide to help ease the cultural strain. In this case, you will probaly meet with a few dignitaries and councilbeasts before finally gainign the honor of meeting with those who actually have authority over Mr. Haversh's fate. You will be given the run-around, and all attempts to make you angered into making a decision in their best interest will be made.

"Never draw a weapon in the presence of a dignitary, especially if a Death-Shadow is present. You would be arrested, or possibly shot. Should you be so fortunate as to gain an audience with the Sultan himself, which is highly unlikely, bear in mind that whatever he says, goes. Before him, you do not speak unless spoken to, and if you have to argue with him, well, be careful. I can get away with questioning him, and even mocking him to his face because of my station, but there is no way that outsiders would be able to do the same.

"I have reviewed your lodgings, and I must say that you have been given an excellent set of rooms, but they will be bugged with both audio and video surveilance, and I can amlost guarentee that one of the rooms down the hall will house a Death-Shadow to keep an eye on you. If you wish, I will offer you use of the East wing of my summer home. It is near the city center, and I will speak with the staff and make sure that you will not be observed while inside. Of course, you will have to share the home with some of my extended family, but the East wing is usually reserved as the guest quarters, art gallery, and armory. So if you stay there, please do not touch the suits of armor.

"I do not imagine that your stay will be for less than a week, so do not expect to have this be an in-and-out mission. You may dress as you normally would as a Jedi, or you may adopt Nehantite clothing, though I do not reccomend it for you do not understand the subtlilties of Nehantite formal attire. If you have cerimonial blades, then take them, and wear them when meeting with those you need to talk to. We are a culture of the sword, and respect those who wear them. Most of the standard court ettiquite I have outlined in these datapads, and highlited the more important sections. Any other questions?"

Dasquian Belargic
May 7th, 2004, 12:49:34 PM
Listening to J’ktal, the Jedi Knight was given an even more vivid image of the planet he would soon be visiting. It sounded as though the arrival of the party of Jedi was big news, Dasquian imagined this was because visitors from the Republic were rare on Nehantish. In spite of all of the precautions that Anajii spoke of, the surveillance and such like, Dasquian was still very much looking forward to the trip. The issue of Sejah’s fate was pressing, but seeing the culture of the being whom he had lived with for a substantial amount of time would be fascinating.

When addressed with a question, Dasquian shook his head. “No, not at this moment in time at least. Although I don’t imagine for one moment that others won’t spring to mind during our journey,” he replied, briefly entertaining the thought of returning to his room to retrieve a sword he had received as a gift from Kelt, before disregarding the idea.

Estelle Russard
May 8th, 2004, 09:54:10 PM
Estelle relaxed herself into a chair while J'ktal spoke. Though her posture was deliberately comfortable, it was not an acurate expression of her inner state. She felt nerves growing as the Death-Shadow spoke on - so much could go wrong. An unintentional sleight against the Nehantish Council could so easily be made, an accidental insult given that could seal Sejah's fate for the worst...She held one hand tightly inside of the other in growing anxiety. Casting a worried look toward Figrin from where she sat, Estelle suddenly was unsure that she was the right choice to come along.

Figrin D'an
May 8th, 2004, 10:30:17 PM
Catching the glance from Estelle, Figrin gave her a calming, reassuing look, as if to say Don't worry, we'll be well prepared. Whatever uncertainty she had, he would do his best to quell it later on. He wanted her on this mission because of her level head and keen observational skills. If anyone could find a subtle detail, something that could mean the difference between success and failure, it was Estelle.

Dasquian seemed much more calm and confident. Perhaps it was because, having lived with Sejah for so long, he understood Nehantites better than most. Or maybe it was simply that, since he was well-traveled, he had learned how to expect the unexpected and had learned how to adapt to new situations on the fly. Either way, Figrin felt he had made another good choice in selecting him. Dasquian was one of the most powerful Knights in the Order. There were many who felt he was close to becoming a Master. Figrin knew his skills would prove invaluable by the time the mission was over.

The Jedi Master turned back to J'ktal.

"Despite the surveillance, staying that hotel will probably be the most prudent, to avoid suspicions that we are doing anything subversive. However, if it is possible, I would like to keep the option of using your summer home as a meeting place, where we can go to conduct research and converse in private. The offer is most generous, J'ktall, and we appreciate it greatly."

Figrin shifted in his seat, looking to broach another topic with the Death-Shadow.

"There are... certain people whom Sejah has asked that we speak to, either on his behalf or simply as helpful resources for us. It will be necessary for us to be out in the city, and I'm concerned at how three Jedi will be perceived by your people. We wish to avoid causing undue disturbances if at all possible."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 9th, 2004, 01:06:54 AM
"If you are speaking abour Master Rej, the sword instructor, you will be able to find him here," J'ktal said, extending a piece of paper the size of a business card with a handwritten address on it. "The others you will have to find on your own. That is just the address to his new school, I know not where he lives. Also..."

The mongoose paused while digging into his bag once more and withdrew a decent camera. "While you are out in the city, it would be best to act as tourists. The capitol city of Nehantish has become a moderate tourist destination for off-worlders, so you should not be stared at too much. Dress like a tourist if you want, or dress as a jedi. The populace has little clue on off-world fashions, so no matter what you wear on the streets, you should be fine. Keep your lightsabers out of view, though, for they have recently been made illegal. You sort of have me to blame for that. At least on the street they will be considered illegal, you will probably be able to get away with them when speaking to dignitaties and other such beasts.

"Nehantites have a distorted view of the Jedi, mostly formed by dramatized portrayals in movies and comic books. I am helping to correct the false images they have seen, but I fear that Sejah's actions have worked against me. Do not be suprised to see either of our images here and there. I hear he has his own action figure, now, too, but I have yet to see it." J'ktal said with a smirk, then became quite serious as he added, "Oh, one major thing. While you are on Nehantish, refrain from using telepathy of any sort, or the Jedi 'mind trick'. I have never tried using it on one of my own kind before, bur fear a disastrous reaction. If you must use telepathy, use it softly, and at close range. I can actually feel it when you use it among each other."

Figrin D'an
May 9th, 2004, 11:11:09 PM
"Sejah had a very dangerous reaction to telepathy once before," Figrin commented. "We have been careful about using it with both he and you ever since that time. We will certainly be sure to observe the same cautions on your homeworld."

"It's my intention to put forth the best image of the Jedi possible in this task," he continued. "We will do our best to follow the laws of your world, and the rules of Nehantite culture. Saving Sejah's life and protecting Jedi and Republic interests remains our primary goal, however. Let us hope these facets don't conflict with one another."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 10th, 2004, 12:11:12 AM
With a sigh, J'ktal replied, "Yes, let us hope. I do not look forward to beating, or executing Sejah, but if it comes dom from the Sultan, I have little other choice. I pray, for both our sakes, you do a very good job casting Sejah in a positive light."

Looking to the others, he tried to lighten hos own mood, and put on a fake smile to help theirs. "In any case, as I have said, my family's summer home, and its staff, is at your disposal should you need it. And should you get the chance, take a tour through the Royal Museum. It will take at least a day, but you might learn a little about our culture from it, for it has artifacts dating back to the birth of our race, including the first written tablet. Unlike most, our language has not changed, and our written language is also very close to its original form. I know that may not interest you, but when they might speak of the law written thousands of years ago, they are not joking, or exadgerating.

"Should you need any information, or advice, call me. I always have my communicator on me, and you won't reach Nehantish until after I am back from my vacation, so do not worry about interrupting that. Anytime, day or night, just call. Being Jedi, you should not be accosted too much by security, or Shadow troops. The Death-Shadow Corps will probably have an agent or two watching you, but most will be on other assignments, teaching at the Academy, or taking personal time off, so you need not worry about them.

"I have included the footage of Sejah's tournament battles, as well as media coverage of the aftermath on those datapads, in case you wish to review it for yourselves. I think that is about all I have, the rest will be up to you. Do you honestly feel up to this, or should I re-enter negotiations with the Corps personally? It will not clear Sejah's criminal status, but it stands a higher chance of getting him off with a non-lethal reprimand."

Figrin D'an
May 10th, 2004, 09:57:18 PM
"The offer is appreciated, J'ktal," Figrin said in earnest, "but this is something that must be done in the name of the Jedi, not by a Death-Shadow. We need to make an impression upon your government of that, for them to join the rest of the galaxy, they will have to learn to adapt and work with groups like the Jedi and the Republic. If we avoid this issue, we risk missing a vital opportunity in furthering diplomatic relations with your people."

He sighed a little.

"Even if only in a small way, we must be willing to show the resolve the Jedi Order."

Estelle Russard
May 11th, 2004, 03:00:33 PM
Despite her own personal nerves about this mission, Estelle believed what Figrin said to be true.

The Jedi must step forward. To allow the fate of one of their own padawans to be decided by another authority without input or appeal from themselves would send a clear message not only to those of their own Order, but to the galaxy as a whole - That the Order was incapable or unwilling to defend their own. This was simply not the case.

The Order did not intefere in the affairs of other societies and their people unless requested and in special circumstances, such as during the time of the Naboo uprising. But this was not simply between Sejah and Nehantish. As a Jedi padawan, the Order had automatically become a part of the equation and must be heard.

"You have been very helpful J'ktal. Your input and the information you have supplied is invaluable. It is greatly appreciated."

Dasquian Belargic
May 12th, 2004, 12:20:42 PM
There was little Dasquian felt that needed to be added to what both Figrin and Estelle had already said. Though it was not the way of the Jedi to pry into the business of others, there was good cause for them entering foreign territory on this mission. Though an optimist, Dasquian did not imagine the trip would be easy or that the solution quickly achieved. He recalled a meeting, at which Estelle had also been present, with a Cizerack ambassador. Although compromises could be made, cultures are far too deeply seated to ever be fully changed. Of course, their aim here was not to change the ways of Sejah’s people – simply to offer them a different perspective on a story they were only seeing one side of. He remained silent, awaiting the time when they would depart.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 19th, 2004, 11:52:40 PM
Seeing as there were no more questions, J'ktal streightened his posture before he remembered one last thing. "Oh, I almost forgot," he said, then reached into his bag once more and pulled out three white envelopes.

Passing one to each member of the team headed to Nehantish, he explained, "Hard currency, in case you might wind up somewhere that will not take credit cards or other forms of money. Each of those envelopes contains the equvalent of fifty thousand credits, and I would like as much of it back as possible when you return. Other than that I believe you are all ready to go. Read over the information I have recorded on those pads, and what the Jedi database has, and you should do well."

Picking up his now empty bag, the Death-Shadow gave a stiff nod. "I will take my leave, I hope your endeavors are fruitful, and that your trip is comfortble. Good day," he said, then turned and excused himself from the room, leaving the others to finish their packing and go.

Figrin D'an
May 20th, 2004, 09:30:29 PM
Figrin stood, and saw J'ktal to the door, while Dasquian and Estelle continued to look over the items give to them by the Death Shadow. The Jedi Master moved back to his fellow Jedi and sat again, digesting everything they had just discussed.

"It is getting late," he observed. "We should probably all turn in and get some rest. The transport leaves in the morning at 0800. If you like, you may leave your packed luggage here, and I'll have droids take them to our rooms aboard the ship. We'll meet at the district space port, Pad 5, shortly before departure."

"Get your rest, both of you," he reiterated. "It may be a while before you have a chance to do so again. I have a feeling we will have to be on alert constantly."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning was overcast, and a light rain fell sporadically as Figrin made his way to Pad 5. The ship they were taking was difficult to miss. It was a large, slightly outdated ship that was once a massive troop transport. It had been purchased for use in the private sector, and had been modified for civilian use, converting it into an inexpensive and efficient way to move large numbers of people amongst the key systems of the galaxy. The passenger compliment was always eclectic, and today was no exception. It allowed the Jedi to somewhat assimilate into the masses unnoticed and travel anonymously. If everything went to plan, he, Dasquian and Estelle would be able to arrive on Nehantish in relative seclusion.

Figrin stood on on the boarding platform with his backpack of personal items, and waited for the others.

Estelle Russard
May 23rd, 2004, 06:31:00 PM
Having taken advantage of the droids stowing away their luggage of the night before, Estelle arrived at the departure point free of all encumberances. The only exception being the data pad J'ktal had given her safely ensconced in one of the large inline pockets of her beige robes.

"Master D'an, a good day for adventure dont you think?"

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 5th, 2004, 10:08:24 AM
Dasquian chuckled quietly to himself as he followed in tow behind the Jedi Master, hearing her comment to Figrin. Dressed in as plain a set of clothes as he owned, Dasquian didn’t look so much like a Jedi as a scout or maybe even farmer of some kind. He carried a traveling satchel over one shoulder, with the rest of his belongings safety tucked away with the others, on board the ship. He glanced up at the ship that they would be traveling on and smiled slightly.

“I wouldn’t tempt the fates by saying such things,” he replied to Estelle, obviously joking, as he watched a trio of passengers filing past them onto the ship. Somehow, he didn’t think they would be the most unusual group on board the ship.