PDA

View Full Version : Force Sprites: Becoming a David in a world of Goliaths.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 19th, 2004, 09:06:55 PM
Wei took a deep breath and sipped his water bottle. It was odd how the water seemed to give him a fresh, clean feeling when he drank it.

"Today is just like any other day. Teaching a class, dealing with Council business, finding time to increase my own progress with the Force, or at least trying to find that time."

Indeed, today was just like every other day. Wei would be teaching his strongest skill: Force Boosting. Except for today, his Padawans would be the younglings the Jedi had somehow or another managed to take on.

Wei swished some water in his mouth and gave a listen to the world outside his classroom. Boosting his hearing, he could hear the sound of little feet.

"Here they come."

Hunter Kincaid
Apr 20th, 2004, 04:10:50 AM
Hunter Kincaid was the first to run through the door, which was surprising, she was normally the last, but not today!

Good morring, Teachure! She silently spoke through the Force and smiled brightly.

Kwiet Ideya
Apr 20th, 2004, 07:16:06 AM
Kwiet's in next, glaring down Hunter's back as he skids to a halt. He was supposed to be first! The boy soon dismisses the thought. He'll just have to be the best in the lesson to make up for it.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:09:41 AM
Wei looked up and smiled. "Hello. What's your name?" He asked Hunter.

The Knight reached out and patted Kweit on the head, and messed his hair a little bit. "What's going on big guy? Are you learning to be a good Jedi?"

Valanya Belargic
Apr 20th, 2004, 09:45:27 AM
Valanya followed quietly in after Kwiet, beaming. She was growing used to all of these lessons and was beginning to enjoy them a lot. It was much more fun that having to spend all day with uncle Aaron. :rolleyes

Valora Ashen
Apr 20th, 2004, 09:51:27 AM
Valora runs into the room, trying not to be late, But she trips just as she is entering the room. Valora grabs on to Kwiet's arm as she falls, taking him to the floor with her. She says talking into the floor

"I Here!"

She then looks up and looks up at Wei who she fell at his feet.

"WEI!"

She hops up to her feet and gives Wei a Hug. Then looks down at Kwiet saying...

"Sorry..."

Vista Alor
Apr 20th, 2004, 02:08:55 PM
Vista slips into the training room shortly behind Valora. She's not having as much fun as the others are because she's having to deal with stupid Kwiet. She sits herself on the floor away from everybody else, not wanting them near her right now. Also, she doesn't announce her presence to Wei.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:21:06 PM
"Hello Valora. It's good to see you too."

Wei noticed Vista off by herself. "Hello to you too. Please come here."

Wei stood up and surveyed his students. "Ok. I know some of you, but there are some here that I don't know. Kwiet and Valora I know already. But what about the rest of you? What are your names?"

Hunter Kincaid
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:30:54 PM
Huntore Kincaid. She told him with her mind and gave him a friendly grin.

Kwiet Ideya
Apr 21st, 2004, 08:37:09 AM
Kwiet by this time has stood up and pushed the offending girl away.

"Next time stop your fall with your hands," he grumbles.

Vista Alor
Apr 21st, 2004, 10:35:23 AM
Vista scoots a bit closer to Wei before getting up and running to him since Valora obviously knows him.

"Vista Alor. Only student not liked by all else here."

Vista then adds in her own thoughts, 'cept for Valora. She nice.'

Valora Ashen
Apr 21st, 2004, 10:42:51 AM
Valora pushes Kwiet back, and sticks her toung out at him. then says to Vista...

"I Like you Vista! You help my get away from Audrie..."

Valora stops hugging Wei and sits on the floor at his feet.

Valanya Belargic
Apr 21st, 2004, 11:06:56 AM
“Valanya Belargic is my name, Mister Wei sir.” :D

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:23:37 PM
Wei smiled and looked at each of the children as they told him their names.

"Well, let's see of that's everybody on my list."

A small datapad appeared from the Knight's sleeve and he glanced at the screen. "Hmm...it seems we are missing one. Do any of you know where Trent Zellan might be?"

It concerned Wei that Kwiet did not get along well with the other children, but that was somewhat normal considering he was at the age where little boys and girls did not like one another. It also bothered him that Vista was not well recieved by the other children. But it would keep until later.

"So, we have Kwiet, Valanya, Vista, Valora, and Hunter. So many names that start with a V. We will give Trent a few more minutes to arrive, then we will start class. Do each of you know how to grasp the Force?"

Wei was certain they could, seeing as the Younglings had taken a few classes before his. But Wei also knew that if a small child was asked if they could do something, they would almost always answer with a demonstration.

Hunter Kincaid
Apr 21st, 2004, 07:55:57 PM
Hunter nodded and stared at Wei's glasses for just a few moments, lifting them off his nose for a few seconds. She laughed and clapped at her accomplishment.

Vista Alor
Apr 22nd, 2004, 11:52:46 AM
"V names are best."

Vista sees Hunters accomplishment, and is determined to do better. She takes a seat next to Valora. Looks like Wei's glasses are in for a ride. She stares at Wei's glasses and then, using the Force, picks them up, off of his nose and ears and holds them infront of Wei before placing them on top of his head.

A huge smile crosses her face as she does this. When Wei's glasses are on top of his head, she lets them go and gives Valora a hug since she considers her a friend.

Trent Zellan
Apr 22nd, 2004, 12:06:03 PM
He knew where he was supposed to be. Class.

And he knew where class was.

... But there were so many things to distract a young boy on his was to class. Like, for instance, his mother. Or bugs. Or talking to his dad long-distance over the Com.

"DAD! DAD, I GOTTA GO!"

"Trent, you don't need to yell. I can hear you just fine. Where are you going?"

Trent shrugged and then remembered that his dad couldn't see him.

"Class. But I really do have to go Dad, 'cause I'm going to be late, and I'm always late and then I always have to sit with one of the girls."

"...Okay, okay, get going. I'll call you tonight.

And so Trent found himself in a familiar situation; running pell-mell to class through the halls of the Jedi temple.

"....I'm heeeeeeere... !!"

Gasp, gasp, pant.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:01:55 PM
Wei laughed and put his glasses back on the bridge of his nose.

"Yes you are. You must be Trent. Good to have you with us."

"As some of you already know, I am Jedi Knight Wei Wu Wei, and I'll be teaching you guys about the Force. Today, we are going to talk about something called Force Boosting. Force Boosting is when you use the Force to make yourself stronger, or faster, or help you see or hear better." Wei said, addressing the entire class.

"But first, as a warm up, I want each of you use one of the Force skills you already know to get yourselves used to using the Force. Hunter and Vista have already moved my glasses with the Force. That leaves Kwiet, Trent, Valora, and Valanya left."

Valora Ashen
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:55:09 PM
Valora goes to let her self touch the force. She knows she can talk to animals and move things with the force, but she has no way of showing she can talk to the animals and she doesn't want to make Wei think she is copying Vista and Hunter. She looks up at Wei and thinks...

I wish there was something I could do to impress Wei.

little did she know, Valora used telepathy to send that to Wei's mind.

Kwiet Ideya
Apr 23rd, 2004, 01:10:25 AM
Kwiet dusts his pants off. A demonstration? Kwiet knows just what he'll do...the illusion he's been practicing in order to show his mother off to the world. He stretches his arms and legs, stepping back to make space and focuses on his mother. The boy pulls a small, round pellet from his belt pouch and throws it down, creating a veil of smoke as he focuses his mind on the Force.

When the smoke clears Dae Jinn standing there, dressed in the tanktop and shorts that she wore to bed last night, leaning over towards Wei with a sexy wink and smile.

Hunter Kincaid
Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:25:28 AM
Hunter was impressed to say the least, she couldn't do that. But, there was other things she could do, but that would have to wait until later.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 23rd, 2004, 06:43:27 AM
I wish there were something I could do to impress Wei

Wei merely looked at the child with a smile and said, You've done more than you think you have. I'm very proud of you.

Wei turned to look at the other children left, when suddenly a puff of smoke appeared in the room and a beautiful woman stood where the smoke had been, smiling coyly at the young teacher.

The Jedi Knight immediately turned bright red. Where did she come from? But whoever she was, she sure did seem interested in him.

Wei was about to tell her to leave when suddenly he remembered. "Kwiet, that's a grand job you've done with your illusion. You would have had me fooled, but I figured you out. The smoke bomb let me know it was you."

Wei had not forgotten his cousin Ansatsu, and the ninja training he had given the boy.

"So, I think we only have Trent and Valanya left. No worries, just take your time."

Kwiet Ideya
Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:53:42 PM
The illusion scratches the back of its head with a childish laugh before disappearing and revealing the little boy.

"Haha! You closet-pervert! You like the way my mom looks in her pajamas, don't you?"

Valanya Belargic
Apr 24th, 2004, 07:37:28 AM
Valanya watched a woman appear out of no where, then suddenly disappear to be replaced with Kwiet :huh It was all very confusing. Still, she needed to think of something to show Wei that she could do with the Force. She pouted, unable to think of anything, before suddenly brightening up. She removed a coin out of her pocket and held it in her upturned palm. It bobbed up into the air for a short while before dropping back down into her waiting hand.

Vista Alor
Apr 26th, 2004, 12:46:29 PM
Vista frowns at Kwiet, obviously not liking him. She remains where she's sitting and decides to do another demonstration. She looks at Kwiet as she concentrates on the Force. While she's concentrating, she uses the Force to pick Kwiet up and then plop him on his butt. A huge smile crosses her face at this.

Valora Ashen
Apr 26th, 2004, 12:59:08 PM
Valora smiles at Wei as he responds to her.

"I did somethin good?"

Valora laughs as Vista picks on Kwiet...

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:52:31 PM
Wei watched Kwiet return to his field of vision, fall on his rear, and then helped the boy stand up again.

"Kwiet, I'm hurt. I had no idea that image was of your mother. It merely caught me off guard that she would appear so suddenly and from nowhere. I do not appreciate you calling me names and I would like an apology."

Wei then turned to glance at Vista and Valora. "And as for you two, I would like an apology from you as well. Except you will be apologizing to Kwiet. Laughing at him is not nice. Neither is playing pranks or tricks."

He let go of Kwiet, and took in all the children with one stern glance. "Playing tricks, picking on others, laughing at their mistakes, and calling them names are all things that Darksiders do. Only evil men and women enjoy making others feel bad, and laugh when other people are having a hard time."

"Jedi, on the other hand do not do any of these thigns. They are honest, they treat one another with respect, and encourage one another when someone messes up. The only name a Jedi calls someone is the name they were given when they were born. Jedi take joy in making other people smile, and feel sorry for others who are not doing well. And they are like this to everybody. They are nice to those that like them and nice to those who hate them."

Wei's face became soft again and he smiled at Valanya. "You have done a good job with your coin. Now, it is Trent's turn."

Kwiet Ideya
Apr 26th, 2004, 08:28:17 PM
The lecture doesn't dampen Kwiet's spirits any. His illusion was perfect! Maybe he'll feel a little guilty later, but for now he's still up, despite Vista's telekinetic bullying. Besides, now she has to apologize to him! It just won't get any better.

"I'm sorry, Teacher. I won't do it again, I promise."

The boy knows what it means to keep promises. He promised his mother that he'd do well today and means to keep it. He's also resolved to keep this promise.

Vista Alor
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:15:07 AM
Vista looks at Wei and shakes her head.

"I not pologize to him cause he say bad things bout my Mommy and he no pologize.

Besides, I no try to bully him. I just want see if I could pick him up. Lifting others harder then lifting objects. I need to pwactise."

Vista says while still looking at Wei.

Valora Ashen
Apr 27th, 2004, 11:52:42 AM
Valora doesn't like the idea of being like the bad men. She has already seen to much of that. She turns to Kwiet...

"I sorry."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 27th, 2004, 12:45:15 PM
"Well, I cannot make you apologize to him, no more than I can make him apologize to you. If he has said mean things about your mother, then he should apologize. No one likes bad things to be said about their mothers. Isn't that right, Kwiet?"

Wei shrugged. "But just because people should do something doesn't mean they will. If you two choose to apologize to one another, that's well and good. But if you do not, then I must warn you to watch out for the bitterness that will appear in your hearts later on."

Hunter Kincaid
Apr 28th, 2004, 05:36:57 AM
Hunter stood there listening to Wei, she liked him. His nature was just like her father, River who she missed dearly.

Vista Alor
Apr 28th, 2004, 11:08:42 AM
Vista hangs her head slightly, thinking. Then in a soft whisper she says.

"Sorry."

Kwiet Ideya
Apr 28th, 2004, 10:17:36 PM
Kwiet doesn't hear. He's busy being energetic and loud.

"What are we learning?" he asks, bouncing on the balls of his feet. "Is it an illusion thing? I'm good at that!"

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 29th, 2004, 10:28:03 AM
Wei frowned at Kwiet's behavior. "Kwiet, did you not hear? Vista just apologized to you."

The Knight leaned down and whispered in his ear. "And I really think you ought to do the same. But you can wait until after class."

Wei patted the boy on the head. "No, we won't be doing illusions today. Today we talk about something we like to call Force Boosting."

Wei took a seat so the children wouldn't have to look up at him. "Force Boosting is when you use the Force to make yourself stronger, faster, or increase your sight, hearing, smell, and reflexes."

Valora Ashen
Apr 29th, 2004, 02:09:24 PM
Valora looks up at Wei with a worried look on her face.

"You meen like what the lab people did to my mommy when she was young?"

Kwiet Ideya
May 1st, 2004, 08:05:15 PM
"Eh?"

Kwiet looks over at Vista. He doesn't want to apologize. He still feels like he hasn't done anything wrong, and still has a grudge with her for insulting the great Dae Jinn. He heaves an irritated sigh. He'll probably be made to eventually by someone. It'd be best to apologize sooner than later, that being the case. But not here, in front of everyone. Later on. That'll work. By the time he's done thinking on the situation, Wei has explained Force Boost, and Valora has mentioned a lab.

"YEAH!" he chimes in. "I knew a guy who made big furry lizards by boosting them up with some kind of wierd medicine stuff!"

Wei Wu Wei
May 3rd, 2004, 07:27:17 AM
"I've met one of those creatures, Kwiet. But no, the type of Boosting we will do won't have anything to do with laboratories and operations."

Wei kept back a smile. "Force Boosting is not permanent. It lasts only as long as you allow it too. But be careful, it can also wear out your muscles if you do it for too long."

The Jedi Knight walked over to his small stack of "teaching aides." They were really just a series of weighted things, a sticky ball, a frisbee disk, and a few sheets of paper with very small print. He cleared a few things off the top, and reached down for a large black box. The thing weighed upwards of at least 500 pounds. The box held a pentagon shape, and on each side of the pentagon was a handle big enough for a grown up to get a hand around.

Wei lifted the box with some effort, and managed to turn himself a full 180 degrees before setting it down and rubbing his hands together.

"This box," Wei panted, "Is very heavy. I can't carry it on my own. But, if I have the Force--"

Wei filled his muscles with power from the Force and siezed upon the box, snatching it up and tossing it clear across the room as though it were a sack of potatoes.

"I can move it around as though it were a very large feather. You will also be able to lift things that are very heavy. You will be able to run very fast, and see and hear things that are very far away. But first, you must learn the technique."

Wei gathered up five smaller weights, each one weighing roughly the same as a child between the ages of 5 and 7, and set them in front of each child.

"Now, here is how Force Boosting works: When you have grasped the Force, you focus it into your arms, legs, eyes, ears, whatever it is that you want to increase. I want you to start with your arms. First, pick up the weight without the Force, then set it back down, catch your breath, and use the Force to lift it with your arms. I want you to be able to see the difference it makes in your strength."

Kwiet Ideya
May 4th, 2004, 10:02:22 AM
Kwiet steps up to the challenge first, eager to show off. First he lifts it with his natural strength. One side of the weight edges up a little bit, but it doesn't come off the ground.

"You can do it, Kwiet!" In his mind, his mother is cheering for him. He grasps that, as he was instructed to do in meditation, and jerks the weight up so suddenly that he falls over backwards with it. Ignoring the fact that he fell over, and is now more or less pinned under the weight, he chooses to play up his victory.

"HAHA! That was EASY!"

Valora Ashen
May 4th, 2004, 11:54:43 AM
Valora looks at the weight in frount of her. She grasps it and trys to lift it. it doesn't move in the sligtest. So she trys what Wei told them to do. She mannages to get it to tilt up onto one edge but still can't lift it higher. She then drops the weight and it lands on her foot...

"AHHHHHHHHH!!! AAAA! AAAA! FoooT! AAAAAAAHHHH!"

She trys to pull her foot out from unter it but can't.

Valanya Belargic
May 4th, 2004, 12:03:16 PM
Valanya looks at her weight, thinking to herself that she can already hear things well without the Force, but maybe it would be useful to be able to move very quickly? o_O She sighs and reaches out for the weight, giving it a tug – it lifts a little off the ground but not much. She frowns, frustrated, then tries again, still with no luck. She can’t get the Force to … go into her arms, like the teacher said she should. :(

Wei Wu Wei
May 4th, 2004, 10:03:03 PM
Wei smiled, and used a Force Boosted index finger to lift the weight off of Valora's foot. "It's ok. Shhh. Calm down, it'll be all right."

He healed the little girl's foot, and patted her on the head. "Get a good grip on it, and don't forget to use the Force."

Then he turned to see a somewhat saddened look on Valanya's face. "Is everything all right, Valanya?"

Vista still had to try the task at hand, as well as Trent. "Come on you two, don't be bashful."

Lastly, he helped get the weight off of Kwiet. "Good job. Be more controlled with it next time. Always be careful when Force Boosting. Sometimes it's hard to tell your own strength."

Vista Alor
May 5th, 2004, 02:22:12 PM
Vista looks at the weight which she is to life. She then looks around at the other kids who are lifting their weights. Taking a deep breath, she grasps her weight and lifts. She's focused her mind into her task, and the Force without realising it, and surprisingly, she lifts it a foot off of the ground before she gets a shocked look on her face a drops the weight. As she drops the weight, she stumbles backwards a couple of feet before landing on her butt.

Valora Ashen
May 7th, 2004, 01:59:14 PM
Valora calms down after her foot is healed, and just nods to Wei in responce to his instructions, but she will just sit there till the others are finished trying to lift it.

Kwiet Ideya
May 9th, 2004, 09:52:20 PM
Kwiet gets up and yanks his weight off the ground again, swinging it freely in one hand with a big, proud smile on his face. This is easy. It's not as easy as illusions, but it's not a problem. It comes naturally to him.

Hunter Kincaid
May 10th, 2004, 06:56:15 AM
Hunter looks at her weight and remembered her daddy saying something of the same thing during a bedtime story a while back.

She struggles to pick up the weight, which she just barely does and then she reaches into the Force and has it go to her arms as Master Wei instructed.

The weight lifts very easily this time. But, no one is watching as she drops it back to the floor with a smirk.

Valora Ashen
May 14th, 2004, 10:57:19 AM
Valora trys to lift the weight again, but again can't get it higher that tilting it on it's side. This time when she drops it she makes sure that her feet are out of the way.

Wei Wu Wei
May 14th, 2004, 09:09:24 PM
"Good. You are all doing very well. Valora, make sure you get both hands on it. I'll let you kids try at this for a bit longer, then we are going to do something else."

Wei was very impressed. For the most part, they were learning very quickly, and those that had not yet grasped the concept were giving it their best shot. He appreciated their effort more so than he appreciated their successes in Force Boosting.

Valora Ashen
May 17th, 2004, 12:15:10 PM
Valora looks up at Wei...

"I AM! I USE BOTH HANDS!"

Vista Alor
May 18th, 2004, 08:38:57 AM
Vista looks at Wei and then to the others before looking down at the ground, feeling ignored, just like when her Mommy was working, she was ignored. She just continues sitting on the ground where she fell and just looks at the weight she lifted before frowning.