PDA

View Full Version : homeworld

March Kalas
Apr 19th, 2004, 12:51:46 PM
I'm considering buying one of the homeworld games I'm thought it would be good to have some input on which of the games is the most fun, Homeworld or Homeworld 2.
(Mostly because the original is less expensive, otherwise I would just get the sequal)

Teleran Balades
Apr 19th, 2004, 02:45:00 PM
I have the demo for homeworld2. From what I've played, I think it's a great game. The graphics are top notch and the gameplay varies from level to level. Earlier on, it's a bit fast paced, but in mulitplayer you do a lot of sitting in one spot while massing your forces(against another player is best, the AI is to easy to beat on any dificulty). I haven't played the first one so I can't compare the two.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Apr 20th, 2004, 10:54:04 PM
there are tons of mods for both so any way you go its a good game.

Garrett Blade
Apr 21st, 2004, 05:30:00 AM
There's a great looking, though very unbalanced, Star Wars mod for Homeworld 2. I think there's one for Homeworld but I haven't seen any screenshots of it in action.

Its difficult to say really. Homeworld 2 is a far better-looking game, and the extra ships in it are awesome. But the original just has a certain charm about it for me.

March Kalas
Apr 27th, 2004, 01:01:58 PM
where is the starwars mod for Homeworld 2? I've found a really good complete Starwars mod, but it's for the first Homeworld.

I got the second one and it is really fun.