View Full Version : Tea time

Sun Zao
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:42:45 AM
"hmmm hmmmm hmmmm"

A white-haired old codger toiled with a stooped back in a field decorated by crumbling stone pillars. His wrinkled hands sorted through the leaves of a few wild-growing plants that sprung through the cracking edifices of a long-neglected stone floor. He deftly plucked the choicest leaves from a few stems, slipping them into a cloth bag before retreating up a lofty pyramid's stair path with speed that defied a man of his extreme age.

Once there, the hermit removed a steaming pot that sat above a small fire. Though the heat was scalding, it seemed not to affect the man's hands in any way, as he gingerly poured the hot water into a small ceramic cup. Reaching into his bag, he procured several of the leaves he had picked, crumbling them up with great care before depositing them into the water. Within seconds, the clear water becan to take on a pale green hue, before the old man lightly sipped on the resulting liquid.

"Hot! Hot!"

He spit a small mouthful of tea into the chill morning air, fanning his O-shaped mouth with a free hand.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 20th, 2004, 02:47:08 PM
"I see that the grace and the formality of the tea ceremony has its benefits after all," J'ktal's voice cut the morning air as he finished climbign up the other side of the pyramid.

The mongoose stood opposite the old man, waiting for an invitation to sit down. "Good morning, sir. It pleases me to see that I am not the only early riser on this world."

Sun Zao
Apr 20th, 2004, 07:23:11 PM
"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Sun acknowledged J'ktal with a lingering gaze.

"There is plenty of time to sleep the day away when you are dead. Only damn fool loafers would waste a sunrise on their eyelids. Sit sit sit."

The Calanic motioned at the Nehantite with a waving arm, palm facing the ground, as if to expedite the creature's sitting.

"When your tea tastes like urine and tree bark, grace and formality are extra sweet indeed."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 20th, 2004, 07:28:51 PM
J'ktal sat cross-legged before the old man and nodded in thanks. As there were in all tea sets, there was a second cup, so the Nehantite helped himself.

Lifting the cup to his face, he breathed in the aroma before lightly blowing on it, then took a sip. Thankfully, it had cooled enough that it did not scald his tongue, and he nodded appreciatively.

"Very good indeed," he commented, then took another sip. "But I do fancy the leaf of my own world. It has a bolder, richer flavor. They say all of us have our vices, and I must admit that tea os one of mine."

Sun Zao
Apr 20th, 2004, 07:37:12 PM
"No, tea is a virtue, not a vice."

Sun smirked, setting his cup aside.

"It makes you strong, and puts hair on your chest."

Gesturing to the furred Nehantite, the old man nodded.

"Results may vary."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:05:44 PM
Chuckling, J'ktal looked down at himself, and replied, "I am not sure that the tea is entirely to blame in my case."

Looking back up, he took another sip, then said, "I hear you are known as Sun Zao, and you have been here for a great many years. I am J'ktal Anajii, and I come from a far different clime than that of this world."

Sun Zao
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:17:41 PM
"Ahhh so."

Sun nodded sagely.

"Tell me, J'ktal Anaji. Are you a botanist?"

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:26:57 PM
The Death-Shadow tilted his head and tried to grin. "An amateur at best. I come from a desert world. What little plant life there is is mostly off-limits, and not a common study among those of my ilk."

Sun Zao
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:28:16 PM
"If you are not a botanist, why are you here?"

The Calanic Master arched an eyebrow.

"History?"

He made a slight gesture to the ruined structure around him.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:32:33 PM
"Ancient history," he replied, though his concentration was not on the old man at the moment. "It is said that my people were made for such a world, so I am seeing if it is true."

Regaining his composure, he then smiled again and added, "And, a certain young lady's presence here is also a factor in my being here as well."

Sun Zao
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:40:48 PM
"People are not made. Men are made."

Sun leaned forward.

"If meteors fell from the sky and covered this forest with ice tomorrow, people would die. Men, they find the strength to survive."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:44:04 PM
"And they dearly hope that some women find the strength to survive as well, otherwise life gets a little disappointing," J'ktal joked.

Sun Zao
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:50:59 PM
"Most definitely."

Sun nodded again, sipping his tea.

"If you don't mind my asking, tell me of this lady."