PDA

View Full Version : Who can speak Spanish?

Abbyka Laine
Apr 19th, 2004, 09:24:02 AM
Because I need to learn it so I'm asking for help from anyone that can speak it really well. I think that if my entire life is surrounded by mostly spanish I'll learn it quickly, so I'm trying to get help from people online too so I can't just escape to the internet to hear plain english again. lol I'm going to have people I know irl help too, so I'll be surrounded by it effectively.

Any help is appreciated.

Darth Vader
Apr 19th, 2004, 09:45:14 AM
Posto ono el forumo

I'd suggest asking LV, though she's usually sporting 2nd generation hand-me-down espanol, and has to ask her parents about it at times :)

Morgan Evanar
Apr 19th, 2004, 09:51:50 AM
That won't be too much different from the crap spoken here.

Abbyka Laine
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:11:13 AM
I'll ask her then. :D But anyone else's help is welcome. I'm bugging as many people as possible so I can get help at all times of the day. Like if one person is offline, then someone else is online.

AmazonBabe
Apr 19th, 2004, 11:31:43 AM
Originally posted by Darth Vader
Posto ono el forumo

I'd suggest asking LV, though she's usually sporting 2nd generation hand-me-down espanol, and has to ask her parents about it at times :)

Only when speaking it and with really hard words. :p

But I will be the first to say that I wouldn't be the one to give any spanish lessons. I may be able to understand it fluently, and read it farely fluently, and speak it to get around... but I ain't no spanish teacher.

I can help with certain words you'd be looking for though, and spelling. But I wouldn't trust myself to give you a grade A spanish lesson.

ReaperFett
Apr 19th, 2004, 05:50:27 PM
Who can speak Spanish?
Spaniards ;)

One thing I found helped a lot (Although with German) was to get one of those ___ - English dictionaries. It's easier to learn a language when you can look a word up quickly, IMO.

Course, I remember klein Deutch now, so take that advice with a grain of salt.

Darth Viscera
Apr 19th, 2004, 06:53:10 PM
I spent Spanish class reading star wars books. Consequently, ich habe nicht comprendo del spanisho :huh

I have a hard enough time speaking english, hence the frequent use of the dictionary.

Abbyka Laine
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:07:25 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett

One thing I found helped a lot (Although with German) was to get one of those ___ - English dictionaries. It's easier to learn a language when you can look a word up quickly, IMO.

I dont learn well unless someone is there interacting with me during the lessons. Which is why I have bugged several people at work about it.

Dae Jinn
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:16:37 PM
Learn it on tape then? That's how I learned (very little) German and some Japanese (which is really hard to speak when you've had 8 years of school French lessons >_<)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:49:10 PM
all I know are cusswords and nasty phrases, so you might not want me to teach you :)

imported_Eve
Apr 20th, 2004, 05:44:00 AM
I had seven and a half years of Spanish and can't really say much. I do sort of understand it, but when I speak it, it's very broken. Gets me by, as 75% of our clientele at work speaks no english or chooses not to.

I think you need to put yourself in an environment where you have to speak it all the time.

My first spanish lesson was this:

Never say "Soy embarrassada", if you're trying to say you're embarrassed because you can't speak the language well. Saying that, means you're pregnant (I guess).

Abbyka Laine
Apr 20th, 2004, 09:43:07 AM
lol Learning on tape is hard for me too. I meant interact as in someone that is living and breathing not a tape or what not. I tried to learn Japanese on tape... didn't work.

God I wish I never left Spanish class. If only the teacher didnt annoy me so much I would have stayed. >.<

Travis North
Apr 20th, 2004, 03:18:32 PM
To bad this wasn't I need to learn Quebec French. It's easier than France French. All you have to do is move your jaw to one side and do a half smile while talking.

As for speaking Spanish I know the easy words like.... Taco or Pepsi.

The best way to learn a language I find is just have a conversation with someone who speaks it.

*Seconds later* Como tan. (Like so)

Dae Jinn
Apr 20th, 2004, 05:15:33 PM
BWhaha!

Quebec French isn't like French French at all! People from Quebec sound like pirates IMO. The only thing phrase of (Quebec) french I know is "May I please go to the bathroom?" :lol

Learning on tape wasn't hard for me; I learned German on tape and Japanese from tape (and watching anime, actually...maybe you should just watch Telemundo?)

imported_Grev Drasen
Apr 20th, 2004, 06:56:28 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
all I know are cusswords and nasty phrases, so you might not want me to teach you :) Same here.

Working in tobacco with Mexicans will teach you a lot of neat phrases that your Spanish class won't.

(Alex) Jacen
Apr 28th, 2004, 10:42:20 AM
I know how to swear, order a beer, and ask for the toilet. Oh, and say "My record player is broken". What more do you need to know? :D

lol Learning on tape is hard for me too. I meant interact as in someone that is living and breathing not a tape or what not. I tried to learn Japanese on tape... didn't work.

I know EXACTLY how much hell teachers can be. I'm related to 5 of them!