PDA

View Full Version : Stormy night...(open)

Shade Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 05:03:22 PM
The Jedi Knight cursed as a puddle of water suddenly leapt from the ground and splashed him across the face. This weather is getting ridiculous, Shade thought as he pulled his robes around his body to try and keep what heat he had left in his body in his body. He rused through the door of Yogurt's Bar & Grill and sighed with relief as the warmth of the place called to him. As he took off his soaked robe, to give to a gard who was collecting wets clothes to dry, he looked around the room and noticed very few occupants were there.I must be one of the few crazy ones either stupid or brave enough to try and come through that storm. Lucky me.

Shade walked over to a table nearby, ordering a warm cup of cider even before he got to his seat. He pulled his arms around him, rubbing them in an attempt to raise his body tempature. When his drink came, he took a sip and relished the feeling as the warm liquid ran down his throat. "Now that hits the spot."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 18th, 2004, 08:10:18 PM
How long had she been walking around in the pouring rain? Hours, probably. The small frame of a female pilot walked into the B&G, she was soaked to the bone and didn't even care.

Not even looking at the guards, the young woman handed over her blaster and stepped on in. Her hair hung in drenched strands around her face, still dripping. Her dark grey flight suit was soaked as she walked up to the bar.

Cheyanne Rakai was pregnant! She just found out today, hours ago and since she'd been walking around looking for her older sister. But, with her not being in the Jedi Order, no one seemed to know her whereabouts. She needed Quay'Na more than anything right now and was hoping to find her here.

No luck. The young girl slid into a seat, hid her face in her hands and started crying.

Quay'Na, where are you? Her mental voice called out. She too, had the touch of the Force within her, but only allowed it to show while piloting and times like these.

Shade Magus
Apr 19th, 2004, 12:36:59 PM
Shade's ears pricked as he felt another presence in the Force. This one was oddly familiar, but he couldn't quite place it. He looked around the room and saw a young woman with her face in her hands, and she was crying.

Shade picked up his drink and walked over to the lady, speaking softly so as not to startle her. "Excuse me ma'am, but is everything alright?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 19th, 2004, 07:55:18 PM
Cheyanne looked up through tear-stained eyes. She sniffed and shook her head. "No, I've been looking for someone and I can't find her anywhere...I was really hoping she would be here, but she's not and I'm so tired."

Shade Magus
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:06:29 PM
"Then its good you sat down," Shade said, trying to lighten the mood of the young woman. "Maybe I can help. Who were you looking for?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:40:48 PM
Cheyanne wiped her eyes, man was she getting emotional lately! Usually it took a lot for her to burst out into tears, but right now she felt like she could cry a river.

"I'm looking for my sister; Quay'Na Rakai."

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:20:59 PM
"Ohh...Quay...hmm...well I'm afraid I don't know where she is. She left the Order not to long ago, but from what I hear she visits this place, but I keep missing her. I haven't seen her since the day she announced her leaving."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:34:04 AM
Cheyanne nodded sadly as another tear slipped down her cheek. "I'm Cheyanne Rakai, it's nice to meet you..." She didn't know his name, but a friend of Quay's was a friend of hers, the way she looked at it.

Shade Magus
Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:39:36 AM
Shade reached over and handed the girl a napkin. "My name is Shade Magus. And it is a pleasure to meet you as well. Look I know I am not Quay, but if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:00:15 AM
Cheyanne took the napkin and wiped her eyes. "Thanks. I really need to talk to someone about something that's going on, before I go to my dad and break his heart...again. Would you care to listen to me for a bit?" She asked as she looked up at him.

Shade Magus
Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:04:48 AM
Shade nodded. "Sure why not. Doesn't look like we are going anywhere for awhile."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:06:11 AM
"Have a seat." She told him and gestured to the one across from her.

Shade Magus
Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:32:34 AM
Shade moved across from her and sat down in the seat, sipping from his warm cider.

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:46:34 PM
"I wanted to make my dad proud of me, that was all. I'm more or less the black sheep of the family. My parents wanted me to become the next Rakai fighter pilot and I nearly did. But, my mother was so damned concerned about getting Quay'Na away from the Jedi, that she wanted me to help her do her dirty work and I refused."

She sighed. "I was so close to graduation and I was at the top of my class...but suddenly all my scores and my hours were wiped out and I knew who did it."

Shade Magus
Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:52:15 PM
Shade gave a look of sympathy. "I'm sorry. That must be horrible."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 23rd, 2004, 06:01:29 PM
"It was and what was worse was...my mother was one of the top administrators for the Naval Academy on Corellia. I couldn't prove anything, all they could tell me was to sign up again and take another three years. Even all my records that I was even there, were gone. Jesenia had me right where she wanted me and she told me that all those records could suddenly reappear if I helped her..."

Cheyanne sighed. "I quit and walked out of that academy that very day, she wasn't going to control me."

Shade Magus
Apr 23rd, 2004, 06:31:26 PM
"Well I am glad that you have taken control of your life, but I am sorry about your loss."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:24:36 PM
"My dad wasn't very happy about it, but he couldn't really do anything to help in the situation. I didn't even tell him what my mother did, I'm not a vengeful person and my dad's health wasn't good at the time, so I just let it go. That's when I met Ester. She was...a Godsend to me."

Thinking of the older woman in her life was comforting to the young girl. "I had nothing, except a bag of clothes and enough credits to buy some food. My dad was going to give me a flight ticket, but I refused I needed to get to the place on my own. And you can see where I ended up. Ester offered me a flight off Corellia, if I helped her with her engine. I couldn't resist."

Shade Magus
Apr 25th, 2004, 03:00:28 PM
Shade looked at the woman when she had said And you can see where I ended up. "Seems to me you ended up with smeone that was willing to help you...or am I totally missing the picture here?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 26th, 2004, 07:40:44 PM
"Oh, yes. Ending up here was a good thing, I worked with her for several months and she helped me get a ship. So, now I'm a pilot for hire and I ship things back and forth. But, not too long ago, I put my trust in someone and it backfired in my face."

Shade Magus
Apr 27th, 2004, 01:00:30 PM
"Yes. I know that feeling all to well."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 28th, 2004, 04:55:44 AM
Cheyanne shook her head. "And soon, I have to go home and tell my father, I'm nothing but a big screw up."

Shade Magus
Apr 28th, 2004, 12:59:40 PM
"No one is a screw up. Everything happens for a reason."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 28th, 2004, 02:23:25 PM
"I wish he'd believe that, he won't though. I know him too well, I was born a Rakai and I was born of privilege and prosparity. I have a family name to uphold, according to he and my mom, but she's gone and I'm the only true Rakai left.

See, Quay was adopted and I see as she being the lucky one, she's not a Rakai by blood so her mistakes are overlooked. If she were to suddenly become a Sith, our father would simply say, 'it was in the blood, so be it.'" A tear fell down her cheek.

"There are so many times, that I wish I were adopted."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 12:34:13 PM
"We can't choose who our family is, but we can choose who our freinds are. Remember them and they can give you strength in your times of need."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:38:45 PM
Cheyanne shook her head. "I don't have any friends, they're all back on Corellia."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 07:42:15 PM
Shade placed a hand over the young girl's. "Well I can be a freind if you need it."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:52:55 PM
A slight smile came over Cheyanne's face. "Thanks, I could really use a friend right now."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 08:57:30 PM
"No problem. It's nice to have a large group of freinds. They all come in handy when one needs help."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:01:48 PM
"I wish, I had a large group of friends to go with me when I go see my dad. He'll probably disown me this time and I wouldn't blame him. I've really done it this time."

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:05:08 PM
"Nothing is that bad. And if you wish, my Padawan and I would accompany you."

Cheyanne Rakai
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:28:11 PM
"That's so kind of you, Shade." She sighed. "But, I don't think anyone can help me right now. Not even Quay, I shouldn't have come looking for her. I am such an idiot!" She cried.

Shade Magus
Apr 29th, 2004, 09:34:49 PM
Shade was at a loss for words. "I'm sure someone can help. Nothing is hopeless."

Cheyanne Rakai
May 1st, 2004, 04:55:33 PM
"You don't understand. I allowed myself to be taken by a man and then he left and now...I'm...I'm pregnant." The tears came again.

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 01:43:35 AM
Now Shade was at a loss for words. He could only imagine what she was going through to begin with, but this changed things completely. "I...shhh...shh...crying won't help I am sorry that your child's father is gone, but being upset will only make things worsefor your child."

Cheyanne Rakai
May 2nd, 2004, 07:25:36 AM
Cheyanne calmed down slighty and wiped her eyes. "My dad won't understand, I've failed him again. What I've done this time really takes the cake."

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 07:29:15 AM
"Having a child is not a failure. It is a wonderous thing."

Cheyanne Rakai
May 2nd, 2004, 03:47:35 PM
"Maybe for married couples or two people who love each other. I can't even say that." She sighed deeply.

"My dad is going to disown me and it's all because I thought Wolf had feelings for me. All the while he was doing nothing, but using me."

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 03:52:56 PM
"Ok that was wrong, but still you are having a child and it is still a wonderous thing. I'm sure your father couldn't be that mad at you."

Cheyanne Rakai
May 2nd, 2004, 08:15:51 PM
"He always taught me to make good choices and now I've let him down, but you know...maybe you're right, he can't stay mad at me forever."

Shade Magus
May 7th, 2004, 10:36:25 PM
"No decision is bad, atleast not a decision concerning a child."

Cheyanne Rakai
May 10th, 2004, 11:37:01 AM
She nodded. "Yeah, I know. It's just I don't want to let him down again and that seems to be all I do anymore."

Shade Magus
May 10th, 2004, 05:39:49 PM
Shade grimaced. This was really a challenge. Nothing he was saying could cheer her up. "I'm sure your not letting him down. He may just be using...tough love."

Cheyanne Rakai
May 16th, 2004, 08:49:43 AM
Cheyanne nodded. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. I just need to tell him and hope for the best."

Shade Magus
May 17th, 2004, 08:39:16 PM
Shade nodded. "And don't forget you have freinds here who will help you if you need it."

Cheyanne Rakai
May 18th, 2004, 04:00:12 AM
Cheyanne smiled shyly. "Thanks, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to burden you with my problems. I've just been so on edge lately."

Shade Magus
May 18th, 2004, 04:06:15 PM
"It's quitealright. I don't mind in the least. It is always nice to meet new people and help them."

Cheyanne Rakai
May 18th, 2004, 06:54:19 PM
"I feel that you help a lot of people. Maybe even my sister."

Shade Magus
May 18th, 2004, 06:57:46 PM
"I try and yes if your sister needed help, she wouldn't even have to ask."

Cheyanne Rakai
May 24th, 2004, 12:19:25 PM
"Well, it's good to know that my sister will be well taken care of, I feel that she's on a different path nowadays."

Shade Magus
May 24th, 2004, 01:38:21 PM
"Everyone has their own path and it is our duty to follow them."

Cheyanne Rakai
May 25th, 2004, 05:54:00 PM
Cheyanne cracked a smile. "No doubt, no matter how reckless it may seem."

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 04:28:48 PM
Shade could still hear the thunder outside and nodded. "They are like storms. It may be messy now, but when it is over it is beautiful outside."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:13:08 PM
Cheyanne's mood had started to lighten up. "Thanks, Shade. You've put me at ease."

Shade Magus
Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:42:53 PM
"I'm glad to have helped."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:55:20 PM
"Well, you definitely did. But, I suppose it's time for me to go. If you see my sister, can you do me a favor and tell her to contact me?" Cheyanne asked with a hopeful look.

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 06:03:53 PM
"Absolutely"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jun 26th, 2004, 08:54:16 PM
"Thanks, Master Shade." She smiled and shook his hand one last time before she stood. "You've really put my mind at ease, perhaps we'll meet again."

Shade Magus
Jun 27th, 2004, 03:36:26 PM
"I certainly hope so."