PDA

View Full Version : Shadows to light.

Aarron Mathinna
Apr 18th, 2004, 04:22:39 PM
A cool breaze starts to blow around the jedi temple. The cold grows but the wind does not. Almost a warning for what is coming. Night had just fallen and the first stars were peaking through the black void sky. Not an animal made a sound as someone approached the jedi temple. The door slowly opened and foot steps could be heard walking up. Through the door steps a girl that looks no more than 18. She seems tired.

Aarron takes a few steps into the jedi temple and puts her hand against the wall, leaning agianst it. A small amount of blood was on her hand. But no wounds were on her. A black metal lightsaber hilt hangs from her hip. She looks around with clear blue eyes. A dark aura surrounds her. Like a dark jedi. But she seems confused. She had just seen something that made her go against everything her parents had ever taught her.

She had been trained by her parents in the ways of the force a bit but in the dark ways. Her parents had always told her that the dark jedi knew what they were doing and that the jedi were fools that did not know true power. They said that there is no such thing as evil. Only power and those who choose to ignore it. She had thought that all her life. But now she relised that it was wrong. When someone sees their younger sibling killed by their own parents because they did not wish to follow what they were teaching, that person then relises that there is evil in the world.

She looks about once more and then calls out. "Hello? Can someone help me please? I... I dont know where else to go."

She keeps her senses open for anyone. After a few moments of nothing she lowers her head, thinking that maybe she was wrong to come here. She takes a few steps towards the door but takes one last look around, thinking she sensed someone. "Hello?"

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 19th, 2004, 09:40:20 AM
Being that night had drawn in, Dasquian was just packing up his things, ready to lock up the recruitment center for the evening. That is, until he heard a voice calling. Following it to the source, he saw a weary finger standing before him. There was something… about her, that he couldn’t place, that seemed dark. He could feel the dark side around her, but it was a weak feeling.

“What can I help you with?” he asked.

Aarron Mathinna
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:24:06 PM
She turns to face the jedi and presses her back agians the wall. She looks a bit fearful of him because he could sense the dark side around her. Her eyes dart around the room quickly then come to rest on the jedi again. She lowers her eyes to the ground in a somewhat bow but her eyes stay on the ground.

"I am sorry, mi'lord. I..."

She looks back up at him.

"I have come to join the jedi."

She lowers her eyes again, waiting for anything. She still had been a user of the dark side. She was not sure if this jedi would kill her for coming in here.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 24th, 2004, 02:46:36 AM
“I see… I sense some uneasiness in you. You are safe here. There is no need to worry,” Dasquian said, trying to reassure her, before asking, “Tell me why you wish to become a Jedi.”

Aarron Mathinna
Apr 24th, 2004, 01:49:43 PM
She seemed to relax, but her eyes showed otherwise. She was still a bit nervous about the jedi. She had heard things about them that were completely untrue. But when you are told these things as a child, and raised thinking that way, you tend to be nervous about those things. But after what she had witnessed from her parents, her thoughts of the jedi were not nearly as bad as it was towards her parents. Her nervous eyes slowly rise again to look at the jedi.

"I.. have come to... to learn the true ways of the force. I fear, my lord, that my parents have misinformed me on many things about the force. Such as the sith being kinder to people than the jedi. I have relised the error in following what my parents have taught me. I wish to learn the ways of the force correctly."

Her eyes once again fill we nervousness, waiting for some punishment or some rude comment on the fact that she had actualy belived something like that in the first place.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 25th, 2004, 07:47:01 AM
“Ignorance towards the true nature of the Jedi is common. People fear that which they do not understand, and so it is not surprising that many people dislike the Jedi. The truth of the matter is, however, that we dedicate our lives to others, to helping them. From my own experiences with Sith, I can safely say that they are not often inclined towards gestures of kindness and selflessness.”

In spite of an outwardly calm appearance, Dasquian could still feel the unease in this girl. Many were often anxious when they came to the Temple doors, worried that they would not measure up to the standards that Jedi set. “If you are to become a Jedi,” Dasquian explained, “You must cast aside your worries and fears. Fear,” he said, with growing seriousness, “is an emotion which we Jedi must block from our minds.”

Aarron Mathinna
Apr 25th, 2004, 02:39:44 PM
Her eyes dropped once again, her thoughts racing. This would be hard for her because of how she was raised. Raised in how to use her emotions to suport the force and make it stronger. Mostly through anger and fear. But she was determined to do it. She took a deep breath and cast the fear from her mind. Her eyes meet Dasquian's again and she nods.

"I am prepared to do what it takes to prove myself to be a jedi."

Dasquian Belargic
May 1st, 2004, 02:18:03 AM
“But what is a Jedi?” he asked, watching her reactions closely and carefully.

Aarron Mathinna
May 2nd, 2004, 11:47:22 AM
She was about to reply when suddenly she relised that she did not fully know. She knew that they were force users. That they say that they use the light side of the force. But then again, she had also heard from her parents that they killed people like her just for doing what they believe in. She desided the best corse of action would be to tell the truth.

"Um... honestly I am not sure. I have heard many things of what a jedi is. Some, I hope, are false. Other I pray to be true. I have heard that you are protectors of innocence and good. But I have also heard that you... that you kill people for doing what they believe in. I hope this last one is false."

Dasquian Belargic
May 3rd, 2004, 04:09:20 AM
“We do protect and serve yes… and although we do not condone violence, there have been Jedi who have killed. It is considered a last resort, and would be used only in the most severe of situations, where no other solution could be found. Above all, however, we try to avoid this. Jedi certainly do not go into combat with the intention of causing pain – merely to ensure that the combat itself ends as quickly as possible, for the safety of all of those involved. We detain rather than destroy. Do you understand?”

Aarron Mathinna
May 4th, 2004, 06:19:27 PM
She quickly nods and keeps her eyes on him. She seems more relaxed now. Not so uptight or nervious. Her normal attitude is finaly showing through. Intelegent and observative. Her ideas on the jedi were already begining to change. She watched this jedi, seemingly eager to learn more.

"I understand."

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2004, 12:32:05 PM
“Very well, then. I see no reason why you shouldn’t be admitted into the Order. Once you begin training with a Master, you will gain more knowledge on the Jedi, and will be able to ask any further questions that you have – to put your mind at ease. Until then, you are free to explore the grounds of the Order. If you do not already have accommodation on Coruscant, you may find an empty room in our living quarters.”

Dasquian smiled, “Good luck. May the Force be with you.”

Aarron Mathinna
May 8th, 2004, 12:34:31 PM
She looked a bit suprised that that was it but accepted it gratefully. She smiled at him for the first time and nodded.

"Thank you Master... um... You never told me your name milord."

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2004, 12:35:58 PM
“Dasquian,” he replied, almost apologetically. “Dasquian Belargic.”