PDA

View Full Version : Calm Before the Storm (Marga)

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 17th, 2004, 08:18:33 PM
Navaria had reserved one of the smaller training rooms today. It was simply decorated and the Knight instructed that the furniture be removed from it as a precaution. Telekinesis was tricky and she did not know Marga's aptitude for the ability and considering how violent her power could be, it was better to be safe.

The lesson would be more then learning how to move objects. How many or the size of objects did not matter. Marga was going to learn control. It was an ability hard for her to obtain because of her past, but she was able to overcome her disability and in nurturing it further, it would continue to help the Padawan grow, not only as a Jedi, but as a whole person.

Marga Alton
Apr 18th, 2004, 09:10:18 AM
Marga was thrilled when she was informed of her next lesson. Since Navaria had gotten back, she had been anxious for her next lesson. Now it was here. She had never gotten used to the Jedi robes, so instead, she wear's a rather plain yellow dress. Her bright red hair is tied back in a ponytail today to keep it out of her face.

As she hurries down the corridors to the designated training room, her mind is wondering what it is today that she shall be learning. And will she be able to use the Force easier today? She hopes so because she doesn't want to embaress herself again by losing control.

She skids to a halt just past the door to the training room, and backs up a couple steps so she's infront of the door. She then takes a deep breath, trying to contain her excitement and walks through the door after opening it into the training room.

Greetings Domna.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:21:27 PM
A welcome smile lit up her Master's face. "And greetings to you, Marga. How are you feeling this morning?" That question always had a double meaning when a Jedi uttered it. Was not quite as simple to answer when it was easily asked of someone who was not touched by the Force and able to manipulate it.

Marga Alton
Apr 21st, 2004, 11:19:46 AM
I am feeling rather well Domna. I'm excited to be able to continue my training.

Marga has at her side, a small bag which she's got some small objects in. She hopes that she won't need to use the objects, but she will if she has to.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:31:28 PM
"You've brought something with you?" She asked curiously upon seeing the bag at her Padawan's side.

Marga Alton
Apr 21st, 2004, 06:12:31 PM
Yes Domna, I have. It's a bag full of things that, as a young child, ment something to me. It's part of an exercise that teachers back home use on their students to help them remain focused on what they are doing.

It is with these items that I have managed to touch the Force when calm. My hope is that I will not always need to use them because it can be rather time consuming.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 22nd, 2004, 12:58:52 PM
She nodded, understanding. "I think it is a good idea as well until you can accomplish this yourself. I do think that working with telekinesis and how to control that power will help aid you too."

Navaria produced three objects from beneath her robes and kneeled down upon the matted floor. "Have a seat." She began placing them along the mat, "Tell me, how much have you worked on with moving objects with the Force?"

Marga Alton
Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:31:27 AM
Marga sits across from Navaria.

Not that much Domna. I know I can lift a small rock a couple inches off the floor because I've done it once.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:33:33 AM
The objects were nothing special. They were silver in color and held different shapes; a circle, square and triangle to be exact. Navaria waved a hand over them, "Show me."

Marga Alton
Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:50:11 AM
Marga nods her head slightly. She decides to give this a try without using her objects yet, but she does place a hand on the bag. Taking a deep breath, she lets her mind calm, going over pleasent events like when she saw Navaria again. After a half hour, she's touching the Force and she looks at the objects on the ground. While doing this though, she sees the air currents which are in the room.

After concentrating for several minutes, her hand kneeding the bag at her side, she picks up the triangle with the Force and holds it in the air, a smile appearing on her face as she holds it there.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:52:36 AM
"Good. Very good. Now, try picking up a second one."

Marga Alton
Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:58:27 AM
Marga is unsure if Navaria is referring to while holding the first one or not. She decides that she will give it a try, while still holding the first one. After several minutes more, she gets a wobbly grip on the square, but she picks it up anyway, focusing on steadying the square, while keeping ahold of the triangle.

Right when she's just about got the square steadying, the air currents which she's seeing suddenly shift, causing a distraction which makes her drop both the triangle and square. She looks over to the door, which was left open, and sees a person walking past.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:02:01 AM
"Hmm." Navaria followed her Padawan's eyes and stood up, heading towards the door. She hit the panel on the side and closed it. "Perhaps in the future I'll leave it open, but not now." She returned to her position on the mat, "Less distractions the better at this time. Now, try again. Both objects up at the same time."

Marga Alton
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:09:33 AM
Marga nods slightly, as she calms herself again, focusing on pleasent memories. After a short while, she focuses on both the triangle and square, wanting to get a good grip on them before she picks them. After several more minutes, she slowly raises both the triangle and square off of the ground.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:14:37 AM
This time Navaria decided to wait, making sure that Marga was in complete control of the two objects before moving on. It seemed that her Padawan was in control of the situation. "Now, the third. Take it slowly. Splitting your attention between three objects can be difficult, but not impossible."

Marga Alton
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:19:07 AM
Marga nods but does not immediatly go to follow the instructions. Instead, she waits awhile longer to make sure that she has a good grip on the first to objects. After she is sure of this, she then grips the circle with the Force and slowly lifts it up. At first it's a bit wobbly, but over time, she gets a better grip on it and it steadies out. A smile dances across her face as she concentrates on the objects.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:52:30 AM
She liked how Marga did not immediately try to pick up the object until she was ready. It showed a lot of patience and intelligence to do so. Again, she aloted some time to pass so Marga's confidence would grow before moving on. "Choose one of the objects and begin to spin it in the air while you still hold onto the other two. Let me know how you feel when doing that."

Marga Alton
Apr 24th, 2004, 08:42:03 AM
Marga nods, at her instructions again. She's actually enjoying herself in her lessons today. She waits a little while before she causes the triangle to spin. Shortly after she does this, her smile widens and she laughs slightly out loud. She feels that she's catching on rather quickly with this, but she's still having fun which is important.

By this time, she's managed to get it so she ignores the air currents in the room which are lazily moving about due to the limited activity.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 24th, 2004, 07:19:54 PM
She was glad at the confidence that was building in Marga, but Navaria was a bit worried to how she would react at her first mistake.

The Knight kept those thoughts to herself and continued the lesson. "Spin all three if you can."

Marga Alton
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:53:32 AM
Marga nods her head slightly. After a little while longer, a second shape starts to spin. She leaves it with two spinning for awhile before going to start spinning the third at which point, she loses control and drops all three objects to the floor.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 27th, 2004, 02:04:49 PM
Navaria's eyes dropped down to where the three objects fell, "What made that task more difficult then the others?"

Marga Alton
Apr 28th, 2004, 11:23:26 AM
I'm sorry Domna, I got distracted to much by the currents which I'm seeing. Setting all three objects spinning started to rather stir them up.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 28th, 2004, 11:59:21 AM
"Currents?" She narrowed her eyes in thought, "The same currents you were eluding to before when we talked?"

Marga Alton
Apr 28th, 2004, 12:26:03 PM
Yes Domna, the same currents that I was mentioning in our talk.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 28th, 2004, 01:05:28 PM
"It's not the Force is it?" She blurted that out, going on instinct.

Marga Alton
Apr 28th, 2004, 03:17:20 PM
I'm not sure Domna. The currents change all the time when there's any sort of movement from anything.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 28th, 2004, 03:33:01 PM
"Describe for me what you are seeing right now."

Marga Alton
Apr 28th, 2004, 03:36:25 PM
Marga nods her head slightly.

I see currents moving through the room. They're flowing around as if we are rocks in a stream. The slightest bit of movement alters the path of the current in the room since it's a closed area.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 28th, 2004, 03:37:42 PM
She stood up suddenly, knowing full well that would disturb the currents that Marga was seeing, and opened the door. The hallway was busy with people moving to and fro from their destinations. "And out here?"

Marga Alton
Apr 28th, 2004, 03:41:18 PM
The currents are even more disturbed as if there are many more rocks in the stream.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 29th, 2004, 02:10:29 PM
She closes the door and taps at the panel in thought, "Describe to me what they look like exactly again if you wouldn't mind."

Marga Alton
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:30:58 AM
The current which I see get disturbed by any movement, even breathing. In the hall, it's like the currents are a stream, and the ppl are rocks in the stream, disrupting the movement of the currents.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:34:57 AM
"I want you to close your eyes and concentrate solely upon the Force. Your senses should reach out and touch its power. When you feel the Force flowing through you, hold onto that power. Focus on its presence inside of you and around the room. When you that firmly cemented in your mind, open your eyes and tell me what you see." Navaria wanted to make absolutely sure that her hunch was correct. More then likely, Marga would be seeing two different currents in the air...

Marga Alton
May 3rd, 2004, 08:21:23 AM
Marga nods her head before closing her eyes. One hand is gripping her bag of objects at her side. She goes to focus completely on the Force. She remains like this for about a half hour, not even a twitch of a muscle happens while she's doing this. Then she opens her eyes and gets a puzzled look on her face.

Domna, why am I seeing two different currents?

Navaria Tarkin
May 3rd, 2004, 11:24:52 AM
She was watching Marga through the Force, trying to gauge the girl's progress with a contemplative finger resting under her chin. The fact that she needed her bag from concentration did not go unnoticed, but that was all right.

When Marga responded after a half hour, Navaria's theory was proven correct. "I believe that you are seeing the Force and the air currents within the room. I am uncertain as to why that is the case for you are the first to exhibit such an ability. Perhaps it is just an extended manifestation of your ability to see the Force."

Marga Alton
May 3rd, 2004, 11:30:17 AM
How is that possible Domna? And which is which?

Marga questions curiously.

Navaria Tarkin
May 3rd, 2004, 11:37:03 AM
"Well, since this is unprecendented, I need you to describe both currents. Just so I am certain."

Marga Alton
May 3rd, 2004, 11:48:42 AM
Well, there's the current which is flowing like a stream which has rocks in it. Then there's the one that seems to be flowing through everything, as if it's connecting everything together.

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2004, 03:22:13 PM
"Just as I thought. The first current is your ability to see the air around you. The second is the Force." She grew silent, thinking of how this was going to affect Marga's training.

Marga Alton
May 5th, 2004, 08:48:23 AM
Marga nods her head at this.

So, it's both air and the Force that I was seeing?

Marga questions, wanting to be sure that she's understanding properly.

Navaria Tarkin
May 5th, 2004, 09:48:52 AM
"Yes, it does appear to be that. You've mention during your training that it became difficult in moving the objects because there was a disturbance in the area." She looked at Marga for confirmation, "I think the trouble you are having is that you're relying on the air currents to move the object. Which is also interesting because you still need the Force in order to perceive them."

Marga Alton
May 5th, 2004, 12:31:03 PM
What do you mean Domna? I'm relying on the air currents to move the object. How's that possible?

Navaria Tarkin
May 6th, 2004, 11:54:46 AM
"As I said, I am uncertain. My best assumption is that you are using the force to move the air currents, which then moves the object. Which seems like more work to me.

Here, how about we do this. Try focusing on the blue ambient energy ... that is the Force. Concentrate soley upon that to move the objects before you. Ignore the air currents."

Marga Alton
May 7th, 2004, 10:56:39 AM
Marga nods her head slightly. She goes to focus fully on the Force, doing her best to ignore the air currents. She picks up one of the objects again since all three are still on the floor.

Navaria Tarkin
May 10th, 2004, 10:30:14 AM
The Knight nodded absently in thought, "And how did that feel to you?"

Marga Alton
May 10th, 2004, 10:32:08 AM
The same as it did the first time Domna.

Navaria Tarkin
May 10th, 2004, 01:26:00 PM
"You felt no difference in using the Force instead of the currents?"

Marga Alton
May 11th, 2004, 07:52:35 PM
I felt no difference from this time and the last time.

Navaria Tarkin
May 11th, 2004, 10:27:00 PM
"Did either way feel easier, or possibly felt like it was the more natural way of using your power?"

Marga Alton
May 13th, 2004, 10:08:29 AM
Yes Domna, the first time felt more natural for me. Both felt as if they were easy, but the first way felt more natural. The second way felt as if I was trying to go against nature.

Navaria Tarkin
May 13th, 2004, 10:54:49 AM
"Going against nature?" That was a most puzzling comment for nature was the Force. It connected every living being together. "Can you expand on that further?"

Marga Alton
May 13th, 2004, 11:09:36 AM
I'm not sure Domna. Just using the Force to pick up an object, I don't know, it doesn't feel right, as if it's going against nature. Whereas what I did the first time, that felt right and comfortable.

Navaria Tarkin
May 15th, 2004, 09:37:21 PM
"All right. Then do what you feel is natural and start again from the beginning. To pick up the objects."

Marga Alton
May 17th, 2004, 10:18:50 AM
Marga, during this time of talking, did let the object go back down to the ground. She then focuses on the Force again, getting it so she can see the air currents, she gently wraps them around the underside of all three objects at once this time, and slowly causes them to be raised into the air. Navaria will be able to notice that she is concentrating on this, and she isn't resting a hand on the bag at her side.

Navaria Tarkin
May 17th, 2004, 10:43:19 AM
The currents were easier for her to focus on, Marga had not needed the back as an anchor. "Now, as before, begin to spin object ... then the second... and then finally the third."

Marga Alton
May 18th, 2004, 10:53:05 AM
Marga nods her head slightly, knowing that this is where she had trouble last time. She slowly first, causes one object to spin by tapping it slightly, but steadily with the air currents which she's manipulating with the Force. After she's gotten the first one spinning, she waits awhile before she goes to start spinning the second one. When she has the second object spinning, she waits until she's confident with what she's doing and isn't being distracted by the moving air currents before she goes to start spinning the third object.

At this point, all three objects get a bit wobbly, but she focuses heavily on keeping them up and spinning. Slowly, she steadies all three objects and keeps them spinning.

Navaria Tarkin
May 18th, 2004, 11:10:15 AM
"Good. Only focus on what you are manipulating. Keep all other distractions within the room in the back of your mind." She began walking around Marga slowly, purposefully moving the air currents around in the room.

Marga Alton
May 18th, 2004, 11:20:17 AM
Marga does her best to focus on keeping the objects spinning, and ignoring everything else, or at least trying to and succeeds for a moment, but then she drops one of the objects to the floor. When it hits, she drops the other two.

Navaria Tarkin
May 18th, 2004, 12:29:12 PM
"Ignore my movements, clear your mind of everything else happening in this room."

She was still circling around Marga. "There is only you and those objects. Try again."

Marga Alton
May 18th, 2004, 12:32:23 PM
Marga nods before taking a deep breath. She then goes to manipulate the air currents to pick up the objects, all three at the same time. After doing that, she goes to spin, first one, then another. Before she starts spinning the third object, she makes sure that she's got control of the first two spinning objects. After a couple of minutes, she starts to spin the third object as well. Slowly at first, and then up to the speed of the other two.

Navaria Tarkin
May 18th, 2004, 12:49:43 PM
Navaria walks more casually around Marga, "Take one of the objects and have it circle around the other two."

Marga Alton
May 19th, 2004, 11:24:33 AM
Marga takes a deep breath before slowly, very slowly, makes one of the objects to start orbiting the other two objects. After a bit, she works on speeding it up.

Navaria Tarkin
May 19th, 2004, 01:33:09 PM
"When you feel you have complete control, have a second one create a horizontal orbit. Opposite of the current one."

Marga Alton
May 26th, 2004, 11:18:11 AM
Marga keeps the one object orbiting around the other two for quite some time before she starts to do a horizontal orbit with one of the two stationary objects. Again, she starts this slowly, but as she gains confidence and control, she speeds it up.

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2004, 12:25:34 PM
"Excellent... " Navaria complemented her for the care and patience shown during the exercise. "Now, the third."

Marga Alton
Jun 25th, 2004, 10:30:23 AM
Marga nods her head slightly in acknowledgement of the instructions that she's been given. When she feels comfortable with what she is doing, she goes to start the third object orbiting where it was. At first it's moving rather slow and she slow's down the other two objects so she can focus a bit more on the third one without dropping the first two. After a good long while, she speeds up all the objects to the speed which the first two where at before she started working with the third one.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:46:51 PM
"Now that you are settled. I'd like to see how long you can keep this going." This was not only matter of concentration but of endurance. A well trained Jedi could do this task for hours, perhaps even days, if required. She wasn't expecting that with Marga, but Navaria wanted a good indication of how condition the Padawan's mind was.

Marga Alton
Jul 5th, 2004, 08:18:37 AM
Marga stays where she is, focusing on the task at hand, only a slight nod in responce to her instructions again. Today has been a good day for her. The only problems she's been having is being distracted. She is just starting to believe that she's recovering from the various things that have happened to her.

After about a half hour, the objects start to wobble in thier orbits, but she focus's even more on them and they steady out. But after an hour, they fall to the ground.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 5th, 2004, 03:53:00 PM
There was no disappointment anywhere upon the Jedi Knight's face, merely and approving smile. "That was very good, Marga. I am quite proud of how well you did today. But," Navaria's face looked concerned, "Is there something wrong? I know you were distracted before because of the currents, but I don't think that's what's troubling you now."

Marga Alton
Jul 7th, 2004, 09:07:05 AM
No Domna. I'm just getting tired mentally from all of this. I'm used to only using telepathy, so anything else can get rather taxing on me after awhile. If you want, I will continue.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 11th, 2004, 06:38:04 PM
She shook her head, "No. You've done quite alot today. I think it is best that we stop now and you get some rest."

Marga Alton
Jul 13th, 2004, 11:01:26 AM
Marga smiles.

Thank-you Domna.