PDA

View Full Version : The Healing Arts

Shandri La
Apr 16th, 2004, 11:09:14 AM
Shandri steps inside of a practise room, finally ready to continue her training. Over the last several months, she's had things which have happened which she needed to deal with. Ever since her return from her homeworld where she was close to being killed. She'd informed her Master, Dasquian, that she's ready to continue, and that she's like to work on healing since she's already shown an inate ability for that. Dasq and responded with a time and place for her to meet him, and here she is, a half hour early, waiting for him to show.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 20th, 2004, 09:35:12 AM
Dasquian arrives promptly, nodding his head in greeting to Shandri as he enters the room.

“Here bright and early and ready to begin, I see,” he said with a smile.

“I suppose we may as well start immediately… you have already showed some skill in healing, haven’t you? Was this healing yourself or others?”

Shandri La
Apr 21st, 2004, 11:12:48 AM
"Greetings Lord Dasquian. Yes Sir, I am ready to begin."

Shandri nods in agreement when Dasq says that she's shown some skill in healing.

"Mainly it's in healing myself, but a bit is healing others."

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 22nd, 2004, 11:26:59 AM
“I’m afraid I can give you no physical demonstrations on how to heal others, as my own ability in this area is minimal, but I can of course instruct you how to approach healing others. A few patients in the medical bay offered to act as test subjects while you practiced, but I have declined – so you will be practicing instead upon me.”

He motioned for Shandri to sit, and so the pair sat down opposite one another.

“Healing another is very different to healing yourself. You have a natural awareness of your own body and how it works. Everyone’s body is unique, of course, so healing others at first can be a difficult process… often of little help to the injured party, sometimes even causing the wound to become worse. Obviously, it is impossible to intimately know the body of everyone you are going to heal, and the way to get around this is simply practice a lot.”

Shandri La
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:45:41 AM
Shandri nods her head and sits down when instructed to. As a child, she always healed quickly, and she didn't know why. She does now though. She'd been using the Force then to heal herself without knowing how. Now though she's going to learn how to control it and help others. She just needs to learn.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 24th, 2004, 07:31:00 AM
“Now, since you seem to have an innate affinity for healing, I don’t imagine you will have as much trouble with this task as most do. It’s simply a matter of controlling what raw ability you have. When you heal yourself now, how exactly do you go about doing it? Is it a conscious effort or an instinct reaction?”

Shandri La
Apr 24th, 2004, 08:51:08 AM
"Well Lord Dasquian, for the most part, if some part of me registers the fact that I'm injured, I heal. That's how it's been my whole life so I guess an instinct reaction. Though lately, with my learning to use the Force, I'm able to use the Force and conciously heal myself faster then if I left it alone."

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 25th, 2004, 07:48:06 AM
“And when you use the Force, how do you do that? What do you think, what do you focus upon?” he asked, hoping his question was not too abstractly phrased.

Shandri La
Apr 27th, 2004, 09:50:17 AM
"I'm not sure M'Lord. If it's conciously, then I focus on the Force first, and then on the area which is injured and in need of healing."

Dasquian Belargic
May 1st, 2004, 02:38:24 AM
“What level of focus do you give it? Is it a general application of the Force or do you need to concentrate on the fibers and tissue in the area?”

Shandri La
May 3rd, 2004, 12:40:21 PM
"I just focus slightly on the injured area and it heals. It's like when you think of what you want to say, and then you say it. It's as if it's as natural as breathing."

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2004, 10:18:04 AM
Dasquian nodded thoughtfully, “I see. I’m afraid you may have to… back track on this way of healing somewhat, to unlearn what you already know. I feel this would be the best way for you to learn how to heal others, by applying the same techniques to yourself – however difficult that may be.”

Shandri La
May 6th, 2004, 10:26:54 AM
"I am willing to learn M'Lord. Even if it means unlearning what I know and relearning it differently, I am willing."

Dasquian Belargic
May 7th, 2004, 11:32:34 AM
The Jedi Knight nodded, “Then we shall begin. Try to ease yourself into a calm state of mind… as though you were meditating, but still aware of what is going on around you. You must then try to focus your mind, and turn it inward, so that you may begin to feel the structures that build up your body- the tissue composition and so on.”

Shandri La
May 14th, 2004, 10:45:39 AM
Shandri takes a couple of deep breaths, calming her mind completely, almost to a meditation point, but not quite. She then turns her focus inwards, towards herself, to the cells that make up her body in the numerous layers.

Dasquian Belargic
May 16th, 2004, 02:51:46 AM
As he watches, and senses, what Shandri is doing he nods. “Good. Just as you are able to sense in all living things, you should be able to sense it yourself- every fiber of your being. Being aware of this will help you to essentially adjust the structure of tissue in your skin, muscle and so forth.”