PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Shameless sellf promotion

Taylor Millard
Apr 16th, 2004, 10:28:41 AM
Well you guys wanted an update...here ya go...

From the Denton Record Chronicle:

New KNTU show focuses on media

By Matthew Zabel / Staff Writer

University of North Texas radio station KNTU-FM (88.1) is teaming up with the Denton Record-Chronicle and UNT’s student newspaper, the North Texas Daily, to host a new local news program to air Sunday nights, KNTU Newsmakers.

Aaron Brodie, KNTU’s news manager, will moderate the round-table discussion about local news and issues with journalists from the three news organizations.

Barry Boesch, executive editor of the Denton Record-Chronicle, James Draper, editor of the North Texas Daily, and Taylor Millard, KNTU’s student news director, will be regular panelists on the show, Brodie said.

The show will also include editors and reporters involved in covering recent local stories.

"This enhances what we do in the newsroom. We only have so much time in a news report, and this is a way to expand on that," Brodie said.

Boesch said he hopes the show will give the community more insight into local news and issues and into how the media handled those stories.

"We also plan to use the show to open a window to the public on how we make the decisions we make on what we put in the paper," Boesch said.

Brodie said he plans to devote a segment of each show to talking about media issues.

The 30-minute show will run every other Sunday at 10:00 p.m., Brodie said, alternating weeks with Bill Mercer’s University Talk show. The show will be available on the station’s Web site, www.kntu.fm, a few days after broadcast, he said.

LIke the article says the show starts on Sunday at 10:00PM Central Time/ 11:00PM Eastern/ 9:00 Moutain/ 8:00 Pacific and over in England...4:00AM (I THINK)

But it'll be archived so you can listen whenever ya want.

The website is http://www.kntu.com

Ciao...I gotta show prep.

ReaperFett
Apr 16th, 2004, 10:29:52 AM
4.30AM in England :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Apr 19th, 2004, 01:10:00 PM
Good luck, Tay!! :hug

Telan Desaria
Apr 20th, 2004, 03:05:05 PM
where ever have you been???

Best of luck, my friend.