PDA

View Full Version : X-Files 2???

jjwr
Apr 15th, 2004, 01:33:15 PM
Anyone know anything about this? A lady I work with who is a huge fan just sent me this, its about 2 weeks old by now so I wasn't sure if this was old news or just not true.

http://www.cinema.com/news/item.phtml?ID=6943

JMK
Apr 15th, 2004, 01:46:03 PM
I had read about it as well, but I was never interested in the series so I didn't bring it up here. :\

Figrin D'an
Apr 15th, 2004, 02:33:40 PM
I heard about this several days ago. I wouldn't doubt that it's true. The series finished on such an open-ended note that the movie possibilities are almost limitless in terms of scope. Although, I hope that there would be at least small appearances by Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish as Agents Dogget and Reyes. I know some people felt the show lost steam when Duchovny "left," but I'm of the opinion that the last couple of seasons were among the more interesting in the series.

jjwr
Apr 15th, 2004, 04:20:38 PM
The problem with the last few seasons is it wasn't Mulder anymore.

The show had a very unique feel to it with the Mulder & Scully combination, people grew very accustomed to that and when the change was made it just wasn't the same.

Now like you say the show wasn't bad but the entire fan base was used to Mulder and then got Dogget instead and it just didn't work. Had they cancelled the show when Mulder left and a new show was started from that point on then people would have probably viewed it in a much better light, rather than a broken continuation of X-Files it would be its own entity.

As for the movie, I would rather then do one of their self enclosed type advetures than more of the conspiracy stuff.

JMK
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:33:48 PM
Originally posted by jjwr
The problem with the last few seasons is it wasn't Mulder anymore.

The show had a very unique feel to it with the Mulder & Scully combination, people grew very accustomed to that and when the change was made it just wasn't the same.

Like when Coy and Vance took over from Bo and Luke. :x

Figrin D'an
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:55:57 PM
All things considered, Chris Carter handled Duchovny's departure pretty well. The Mulder/Scully combination was a great formula, and it's unfortunate in many ways that it had to be messed up. But, as I said, I felt the last couple of season were interesting because Dogget stepped in as the pragmatic, no-nonsense agent, and it forced Scully to be the believer. It did wonders for her character, IMO... she became much more dynamic, keeping her analytical qualities while adopting a bit of what Mulder brought to the table. It set up the final season, and the final episode, very well.