PDA

View Full Version : ~Treading uncharted waters of an abysmal darkness~

Sarisha Shade
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:59:33 PM
Whilst stepping off the shuttle ramp, Sarisha told her pilot to wait a few hours so she could explore the mystifying planet shrouded in an alluring purple hue. Suddenly mesmerized by the accumulation of black roses lining a path, she stooped to take in the intoxicating aroma.

"Exquisite," she said as she felt the velvet petals ingesting the sweet nectar.

Sarisha then followed the route to the end to what appeared to be a bar of some sorts.

"Odd, I never knew this planet was inhabited," she commented to herself while ingressing the tavern.

The building was deserted, but Sarisha's sixth sense was brimming with trepidation and alarm. She had only her modified DL-44 heavy blaster pistol for defense, yet she was an expert shot so felt confident in her bold entry into the unknown.

Her newest occupation of mapping planets and seeking out near extinct species was not taken well by her parents. Her mother and father thought she could do better, but the head strong woman liked her independence, as being in charge was second nature. Sarisha was always a rebellious type, not one to fit in to society norms, it being tainted with atrocities towards helpless women, animals, and children, of which always plagued her of hearing the news.

The males seemed to be in command of everything. Sarisha's standing was more like a man's, ready to take the helm if need be, yet her gender prohibited it.

She was once employed in law enforcement, but the men held a biased manner towards her, so she was given most of the paper work, her field work, severely constrained and trivial.

One night Sarisha was met by a man at the local bar when she was drowning her exasperation in Corellian ale. The stranger noted her blaster and asked about her occupation. She was a bit inebriated and thought no harm in proclaiming her law enforcement roots. Noting her strong bearing, he tempted her with the opportunity of a lifetime, to charter star systems and search for creatures thought to be extinct. She jumped at the chance of the lucrative offer and accepted it with heightened enthusiasm.

"You will never make a name for yourself," her father told her, his binding words stern and unwielding.

"I want to be my own person, and this job should see me to it!" She countered, her stubborness just as weighty.

"When you come crawling back to us for credits when you finally realize I am right, you will find yourself to be sorely disappointed. You want to be on your own, then from hence forth you are cut off from any financial funding," her father dictated in his usual callous approach. Her mother had always been passive, and had to go along with his assertive ruling.

"You will see, I will pay you all back for my academic studies, and everything else for that matter I owe you for!" She bellowed, defying him while storming out of her parents' mansion.

Sarisha pondered on her father's words the other day as she opened the doors to the tavern Sheer excitement and inquisitiveness bathed her in the inviting setting.

"I wonder where everyone is?" She spoke to herself, her eyes wide and unsettled. She felt the signals of danger, yet chose to ignore them. Unholstering her blaster, she motioned deeper into the establishment.

"Is anyone here?!" She shouted in a tone draped with both uneasiness and hesitation. For once in her life Sarisha knew a mere blaster pistol would not be enough, yet a blind brave front was exhibited as if daring anyone or thing to attack her.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 18th, 2004, 10:20:28 AM
Alana sat back in the dark depths of the Roonstone Inn, its emptiness odd to say the least. Its tables were usually full and brimming with activity. The bar bordered the line between light and dark, the side of darkness was inhabited by the Vampyre’s and the side of light inhabited by the mortals that were the prey of the immortals. People were drawn to this place, where excitement abounded and lives were sometimes lost and never spoken of.

This night Alana had closed the doors to the general public, extinguishing the candles that usually cast a soft glow and a gentle warmth throughout the place. The girl, that had stepped through the doors, would not have stopped had it looked well used and Alana had wanted her to come. The Queen mother Ashiva, mother of all vampires, had foretold of this one.

"Is anyone here?!"

Alana did not move from her position as the woman called out. Her body draped in the blood red cloak, her hue shifting eyes glowing with there eerie quality. A slight smile on her marble face, she was a sight to behold, beautiful as all vampir were. Calling on the dark side Alana began to light the candles one by one.

"Yes.......I am here. How may I be of service?" Alana's husky voice was filled with mirth. Anyone looking on her would think they were looking at a statue due to her translucent skin but her eyes stopped this illusion, as they roved over the form of the woman before her.