PDA

View Full Version : Must find this CAR!

Lady Vader
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:40:03 PM
http://www.roadsquadron.com/Cars/Hwing/

*Goes on a treasure hunt!* ^_^

Valora Ashen
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:41:45 PM
Oooo! Oooo! I want! I want! I want! I want!I want! I want!I want! I want!I want! I want!I want! I want!I want! I want!I want! I want!I want! I want!

I like that car.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:43:31 PM
Its automatic and front wheel drive... :rolleyes:

spada
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:49:49 PM
I think this guy's a little too attached to Star Wars (even if the interior is really cool). I don't think I'd have the heart to change a $20,000+ thing that you will have for 10+ years to something like that. It's def. a target for egging during mischief night too. (not by me)

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:50:36 PM
Still cool looking.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:01:55 PM
WTLW - I posted that here about 4 months ago :p

Look for Automotive WTF :)

Its automatic and front wheel drive... :

And that too. Booo!

Lady Vader
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:13:17 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
WTLW - I posted that here about 4 months ago :p

I figured someone had. ^_^;

I've just given up on whether to post or not to post something, so I just post it. I'm not on 24/7 to see what's been posted, and unlike some, I haven't finished reading the internet yet. :mneh

Besides, it's cool lookin. :D

Morgan Evanar
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:24:48 PM
I think it looks dumb :p

http://panicked.org/misc/1ex014_wp_s1.jpg

is cool looking.

Charley
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:51:03 PM
WRX > Star Wars car

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:50:50 PM
Forester XT > WRX > Star Wars car

Fixed :D

The look one the hapless victims of WRX's, Monaro's (GTO's), Porsches, Ferraris and other so called sports cars as they get beaten up by a mommy mobile is priceless. The new Outback XT looks a real flyer too. Subaru have got some great cars right now. The B4 is sex on wheels.

It's the turbo kick I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the loser trying to race me dead.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 14th, 2004, 06:20:14 PM
The look one the hapless victims of WRX's, Monaro's (GTO's), Porsches, Ferraris and other so called sports cars as they get beaten up by a mommy mobile is priceless

Hyperbole? or are we talking off road?

Morgan Evanar
Apr 14th, 2004, 06:22:08 PM
No. Sneeze at the car and you have 300hp. 300hp + Short gearing + AWD = fearsome launches. It will beat just about anything in the 8th mile.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 14th, 2004, 06:29:01 PM
You guys have any links to vids? I couldn't find any and this is something I want to see :)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 14th, 2004, 06:33:46 PM
Yon Morgan has the vids. I dont know if a) he'll be happy linking to their current location and b) I dont know the URL's to their current location and onsite so I cant find out for myself right now. Up to him.

I have them on my server, but the poor 64kps uplink wont handle them real well :/

Morgan Evanar
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:27:53 PM
http://panic.hopto.org/rally/

Quay'Na Rakai
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:31:15 PM
I thought it was cool!!! I want one too!!!

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:01:55 PM
http://www.mfoto.aust.com/cgi-bin/gmppnew.pl?29_obe_gm04.jpg

http://www.mfoto.aust.com/cgi-bin/dkppnew.pl?29_obe_dk04_7813.jpg

Now that's a car to have fun with

Khendon Sevon
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:04:20 PM
But, they're not against anyone in those videos :(

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:13:08 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
But, they're not against anyone in those videos :(

a) ... yet :evil

b) Still shows off just how quick the XT is, even in standard trim. Up to 100 mph, it'll see off almost everything standard. Only really been out for about 6 months and already someones dropped one into 12's without too much effort.

13.8 std out of what's basically a soccer mom mobile is pretty insane. They'll also take STI suspension without dramas.

The stealth factor is brilliant too :D

Khendon Sevon
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:28:45 PM
That went over my head :)

I just bought an RX8, not because I want to race it, but because I love the way it drives and how it looks. Anything I know came from researching it. Thus, the extent of my car knowledge is limited.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:39:52 PM
RX8s are not very fast, but they're godlike in the handling department. Mazda knows how to get a car to corner. Any reasons why you chose it over the Infiniti G35 coupe?

Khendon Sevon
Apr 14th, 2004, 09:00:58 PM
Well there were a couple reasons, actually.

One of the main ones was cost. My dad was paying for the entire thing, and he honestly didn't want to spend more than 27,000 USD on the car. With options the RX8 came out to 31,000 and the G35 Couple with nearly the same options came out to around 36,000 USD.

Also, I heard very good things about the Mazda dealership in my area--and it turns out they were all true.

Another deciding factor was that we ended up getting the RX8 for 28,175 instead of its list 31,000. I'm sure the Infiniti dealership would've done something too, but I doubt they would have gotten it as close to what my dad wanted as it was.

The whole new technology and rotar idea really, really stuck me. I'm a sucker for cool technology that has potential. Not to mention, the engine's pur sounds very, very cool.

The final factor was that there are a lot of people with G35's in my area. I kind of wanted to not fit into the mold and the styling of the RX8 really, really caught my eye. That's also another reason I told my dad, "We're not going to a BMW dealership, Mercedes, or Audi." My area is chock full of those names and I feel for the price range we were looking at they weren't the best cars for the buck.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 14th, 2004, 09:37:06 PM
It is manual, no?

Khendon Sevon
Apr 14th, 2004, 09:41:18 PM
Sadly, no :(

Since I didn't pay for it, I wasn't given the option of manual or automatic. My father felt it would be better if someone else in the house could back the car out of the garage or move it when it's behind one of the other cars.

No worries, we're leasing it, too. College in 1.5 years lasting for about 5 years and it's gone in 4, so I expect a porsche for my graduation gift ;) (not really, I love my little RX8. We'll see what Mazda does in 6.5 years to the RX series)

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 14th, 2004, 10:58:01 PM
ACK!!! Auto on a rotary is a crime! You HAVE to have one of those delicious rifle bolt like gearshifts, you have to hear that thing buzz the redline at 9000 before a flick of the wrist gets you second.

Tell me it aint soooooooooo!

:cry

Car I posted pics ofh is a 30 year old ancesor of the RX-8 - an RX-2. It's got a 12A rotary pushing 240 odd hp - out of a 1.1 litre capacity motor, thats huge hp. I've had the hyper rare RX-2 coupe and also a Series II RX-7 that got the handling short back and sides, as well as race quality brake parts. That one's about to get a 13B with 340hp, roll cage, race seats, full rally deck out, rose jointed rear suspension with equal length arms, 4 spot NIssan 300ZX brakes, B1600 diff, Supra 5 speed. Group C flare kit.... one hell awesome RX-7.

I hope the new RX-7 lives up to reputation.

Pierce Tondry
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:06:48 PM
We need a car forum where we can throw all you automobile nuts to keep you from embarassing the rest of us. (not a serious suggestion)

Khendon Sevon
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:34:58 PM
I need to find someone who can teach me how to be a car wiz :( I don't like not knowing how to do things, especially things that have practical applications... grr...

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:39:57 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
I need to find someone who can teach me how to be a car wiz :( I don't like not knowing how to do things, especially things that have practical applications... grr...

Ask questions is a good start. And dont be scared to get your hands dirty.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:43:11 PM
Buy a beater. Find an old RX7 2nd gen, a Mazda MX-5 Miata, 80s Toyota MR2 or a S13 (199-1993 has the better engine) 240 SX with a straight body, and wrench it yourself. Buy a Chiltons/Hanes manual, and fix all the broken stuff. Swap out the suspension. 300ZX break upgrade on the 240SX. Do a job on the internals and turbo the KA24DE.

MAKE SURE IT HAS A 5 SPEED. The 240SX and Miata are pretty easy to work on. Or, if you're feeling really wild, buy a Volvo 240 station wagon and a wrecked 1997 or later Camaro/Firebird V8 with a manual.

Drop the V8 and the manual into the Volvo.

240 scare people at stoplights every day.

Edit: I have nothing against domestics, but the affordable ones I like are a royal pain in the behind to work on (all F-Bodies), and the others generally don't handle well without a lot of work.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:52:44 AM
Thanks for the advice, guys.

I'll look into my funding and see what I can do. I have an uncle that owns a company that gets junk cars and fixes them up, maybe I'll give him a call to see if he has any of your sugguested cars.

Lady Vader
Apr 21st, 2004, 05:59:06 PM
Well, I guess i don't have to look that far for this car. ^_^;

My sis JUST saw it as she was leaving work. And she works across the street from me. And this car also showed up at the Universal City Walk for the IMAX showing of AOTC. So, yeah, this guy lives here in the LA area, specifically like right next door.

I still wanna see this car up close. :)