PDA

View Full Version : How do I use this thing (Any Teacher)

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 12:35:29 PM
Leten was in the combat training room. The room was empty, which was not a big suprise, since it was almost midnight. He didn't want to disturb or hurt anybody, so that is why he is here at this late hour.

It's not hard for him to stay awake. In his time in the lower levels he had trained his body to run on only 4 hours sleep. So now instead of doing his normal salvage run, he thought he should get a feel for his lightsaber.

Holding the salvaged speeder bike handle turned lightsaber in both hands Leten swings it around, but does not turn it on. Even though his saber can be powered down so that it will not cut anything he is afrade of the tool in his hands, the tool he created.

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:01:40 PM
Shade walked by the combat room, and back stepped. He had seen this boy before, but where? What was his name again? Leten was it? He hated not being able to sleep. It always threw his thoughts off. He watched the young man swing something around before realizing it was a lightsaber hilt, or atleast he thought that was what it was.

He looked like he might need help, but he wasn't sure. Shade turned so he was standing in the door way and called out to the young boy. "Hello. Do you need any help?"

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:08:29 PM
Leten stops swinging around his handle and faces Shade. It took him a moment to remember Shade from when he came accross him, Spada, Poledra, and some other guy near the spaceport.

"Oh! Hi Shade! I hope I didn't wake you. I was just wanting to try and teach myself how to use my new lightsaber. I didn't want to wake anybody so I didn't turn it on."

It was a good excuse, but really he just was afrade to activate his saber. He has turned it on once before, when he made it, but he that was just to see if it would work, But now He knows it works...

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:18:12 PM
"No, I couldn't sleep, so I was just walking around." The Jedi then gave a knowing smile. "And I wouldn't worry about aking anyone. Lightsaber barely make that much noise. Is there anything you need help with?"

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:23:35 PM
Leten hangs his head slightly.

"Well ya see I've never used one before, so I guess I could use some help with just about everything with my saber. I got mostof the parts from a broken training saber I found the same day I got here, and the other parts I found in the lower levels. I only built it because I had a feeling that I will would need one soon. but now that I think about it, what good would it do to have it if I don't know how to use it."

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:33:01 PM
Shade nodded in agreement. "True. In a fight it would do no good, but to stay out of fights it might help. A lightsaber isn't only used as a weapon. It can be used as a deternence as well. Let's say you come across a gang, but they see you have a lightsaber. Wether or not you can weild it does not matter, because to them only trained Jedi or Darksiders use them. However if you really if to learn to use a lightsaber, I could teach you what I know."

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:36:16 PM
"That would be great! I'm just so use to having to learn everything on my own. It would be nice to be taught something for a change."

Leten looks around the room, then back at Shade.

"So what do we start with?"

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:47:07 PM
"First, just the basics. Stances, how to hold the weapon, and how to roll with it so that if you were knocked to the ground, it would cause no harm to you." Shade strolled across the room and stood next to Leten, his own lightsaber now in his hand. "Remember that Jedi are defenders, so for now I'll just show you a few defensive techniques, and see how well you do against the training droids."

Shade activated his lightsaber, the familiar snap-hiss releasing the green blade to it's full length. He stood with his legs shoulder length apart, his left side out in front of him, and his lightsaber hilt hled low with the blade angling upwards in front of him. "Now you try. This is a basic stance to use for helping deflect blaster bolts. It can be changed depending on if your left side is stronger or your right side."

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:50:56 PM
Leten copies the stance that Shade is using. He puts his finger over the activation switch, but his hands start to tremble. After a few moments it is clear that Leten is afrade of his saber, and can not bring himself to turn it on.

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:54:15 PM
Shade notices the boy, and deactivates his own lightsaber as he stands up straight. "Leten, what's wrong?"

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:02:16 PM
"I'm afrade."

Drops his saber on to the floor and sits down with an ashamed look on his face.

"I'm afrade of that thing. What it will do to me. What I will become. Untill I came to the upper levels the only exposure to Lightsabers I had were with people that enslaved the street rats, that killed us for sport. You don't see these blades down there doing good. I'm afrade I'll follow the pattern that I've see whenever a street kid gets one of these. I'm afrade I'll end up like the gang boss that killed my father."

Leten just shakes his head.

"I'm you probably think I'm just a chicken, and That this is sounding really stupid."

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:08:27 PM
Shade sits down beside Leten and shakes his head. "Fear is nothing to be ashamed of. We all have it. Besides if you were to become like the ones you have seen before then you would have already chosen that path. Instead you chose another. That is what seperates you from them, your choices."

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:16:45 PM
Leten looks up at Shade.

"But how do I know that my choices havent already started me down that path and I just don't know it? I've already killed a number of people in my life! How do I know that hasn't chosen my path?"

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:21:39 PM
"You're right you don't know that. No one does, and no one ever will if you don't complete your journey. But if you do start down that road you will have to trust your freinds to gide you back. As for killing people, everyone has something in their past they would like to forget, but can't. We have to move on though. Learn from the mistakes and better ourselves."

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:28:19 PM
"But you see, I don't regret killing those people. They were hurting the other street people, and somebody had to stop them. I didn't kill them persay, but I intentionaly lead them down a hall of grannet slugs, or lead them to a spot where if you didn't know the excat spots to step the walk way would give away. killing them is the only way to stop them sometimes."

Leten reaches over to his lightsaber and picks it up. He looks it over then looks back at shade.

"Do you really think that this could be one of the few sabers doing some good down in the lower levels?"

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:32:11 PM
Shade nodded solemly. "I do. What you have done before, though not necessarily by the means of a Jedi, you did out of compassion for others. But you were not a Jedi then, you couldn't have known about other ways. Now you do."

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:35:20 PM
Leten knods and stands not about to mention the people he lead to their doom while getting the last of the peices of his lightsaber.

"I guess We should get back to the lessions then. The saber will not be doing any good If I can't use it."

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:36:53 PM
Shade nods and smiles. "True. Now if you remember the stance I showed you, we can continue from there."

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:39:47 PM
Leten nods and takes up the stance he was shown before. Again his finger hovers over the activation switch for a moment, before he turns it on. The purple blade springs to life in front of him. It's clear that he is still afrade, but this time he is trying to work through the fear.

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:45:42 PM
"Good. Now tell me. How good are you about feeling out with the Force?" As he speak Shade lifted to small droids off a table nearby using the Force and pulls them towards Leten and himself. [i]"Are you able to sense when something is about to happen?"

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:54:03 PM
"I don't know. I do know that when I'm calm I can find thing really easy even if I don't know what it looks like."

Leten takes a few deep breaths and closes his eyes, like he would if he was looking for something, but this time he doesn't focuse on any single object, and two his suprise he can see the room, the droid, even the bacteria in the room. He can see through the walls, seeing the people in the building sleeping, and more than he ever thought posible.

"Wow... I guess I should have tried doing that sooner. I can see the whole building and all the things in it! I just acted as if I was going to look for something, but not even give it a target, or type of target... Wow!"

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 05:57:24 PM
"Good. Now let the Force guide you. Let it use your lightsaber to find the training bots and the bolts they will fire. Be careful. The bots are only on a low setting, but they will still sting." Shade reached out and with the Force, flipped a switch and the two bots circled Leten on their own, firing one little bolt at him at a time.

Leten Snat
Apr 14th, 2004, 06:02:36 PM
Leten keeps his eyes closed. he knows how to let the force guide him but really only for finding things of use.

Leten gets zaped by the first 4 bolts, the 4th one his is close to blocking He blocks another 2 bolts then gets hit by another 2. Letting the force guide his actions, he blocks abother 5 bolts, then gets Zaped in the groin by one of the bolts. He quickly turns off the saber and reals in pain from the last bolt.

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 12:24:31 AM
Shade grimaced himself. He could almost feel the pain for Leten. "Maybe that's enough of that for now..." The Jedi reached out and turned the two bots off and then guided them back to the table he got them from. "Are you ok?"

Leten Snat
Apr 15th, 2004, 12:29:50 AM
Leten nods painfully, Takes a few deap breaths, and says...

"I'll be okay. I've had worse hits than that. Plus in the lower levels you have to learn to deal with pain."

Leten Takes a few more deap breaths, and shuts the pain out of his mind.

"I can continue, but do you think we could do a diffrent exercise for a bit?"

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 12:50:34 AM
"Yeah. Let's see about teaching you a few different swings. That way you can feel more comfortable with your lightsaber and maybe next time it will help you." Shade stood up, once again with his lightsaber in hand. He stood next to Leten, activated its green blade, and took up the same position he had shown Leten.

"Now watch carefully and do what I do. I'll go slowly so you can do it with me. I am going to show you what could be defined as a kata, but with a lightsaber. It will help loosen you up and let you become more focused. You might want to set your saber for a low setting until you become more experinced, so you don't hurt yourself " Shade then took a small step forward, thrusting his lightsaber out in front of him. He then brought it upwards, inverting it and brought it out smoothly behind him with one handon the hilt and the other stretched out behind him.

The Jedi brought his saber back in front of him, with his feet now positioned to either side instead of behind or in front. He continued moving with a smooth flow, only coming from age and experince. He spun slowly on his heel and brought the blade down front left to right. And on he went, using different thrusts and slashes and spins. Each one beautifully connected, never breaking form. He turned his head to see how Leten was coming along.

Leten Snat
Apr 15th, 2004, 09:40:58 AM
Leten goes back to the same position that Shade aws using, and goes to mimic Shade after turning the power down on his saber and turning it back on. Leten is rather skilled at mimicing. He is doing the movementsjust the same as Shade but not as smooth and with a slight limp in his leg movments.

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 06:15:13 PM
Shade stopped as he watched Leten complete the movements. He nodded with a smile. "Very good. It's impressive that you were able to mimic so well. I do have a question however. Why are you limping?"

Leten Snat
Apr 16th, 2004, 12:00:29 PM
Leten stops and looks up at shade with a look of suprise...

"What you think that getting shot in the groin wouldn't make me limp slightly? I'm sorry but It's not like I'm a super human!"

Shade Magus
Apr 16th, 2004, 05:48:11 PM
Shade checkled when the boy said this. "Well of course I would expect something, but I didn' know if it was that or another reason. Very well then, let us continue. This time try and let the Force guide you. Give yourself over to it completely."

Shade went back into the basic stance and continued the kata. His lightsaber weaving through the air like it was taling the tale of a battle. Thrust to the left and slashed to the right.

Leten Snat
Apr 16th, 2004, 09:39:58 PM
Leten opens himself to the force, and watches Shade's movement, after a few moment Leten steps in to the Kata in almost precise unison with Shade. Leten knows that is is best to learn by doing, even if it is only by mimicing, by watching Shade with the force Leten is getting a better Idea on what to do. He also doesn't notice the pain he is in nearly as much as before.

Shade Magus
Apr 17th, 2004, 05:19:12 PM
Shade watched Leten, and decided to do a little more complicated techniques. Now he hopped slightly into the air, and twisted bring his lightsaber around at an angle. I hope I don't over do him on his first run, the Jedi thought as he continued the spin and came around with a slash brought from the ground to the air.

Leten Snat
Apr 18th, 2004, 11:11:42 AM
Leten continues to mimic Shade with expert presion. Thought when he lands from the jump he stumbles slightly, and winces from the small jolt of pain comming form his groin.

Shade Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 02:46:04 PM
Shade notices the wince and stops. Maybe it was time for a break. He deactivated his lightsaber and dropped to the ground, resting. "Take a break, you deserve it. Not many beginners could keep up with that level of Kata. You are to be comended for doing so."

Leten Snat
Apr 19th, 2004, 11:04:34 AM
Leten stops and sits down.

"I was only copying what you were doing. I doubt I could do that on my own. but I guess you could say that I'm a fast learner. in the lower levels its ether you learn fast or die."

Shade Magus
Apr 19th, 2004, 12:23:55 PM
Shade gave a slight nod. He had been down there once or twice, so he knew what Leten meant. Down there you really only get one chance to learn. He turned to Leten smiling, these thoughts pushed out of his head. "Even though you were only copying you weren't that far behind me. Less than a second I would say. That is remarkable because it is showing an ability to see what is happening before it happens. That is really what I was looking for when we started this."

Leten Snat
Apr 19th, 2004, 12:25:28 PM
Leten smiles.

"Really? Thats what you wanted to see?"

Shade Magus
Apr 19th, 2004, 12:52:16 PM
"That and I wanted to get you feeling comfortable with the lightsaber. Just being comfortable can go a long way."

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 09:44:59 AM
Leten was now getting really happy...

"So you really think I'm doing well? This is good! Really good!"

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:18:44 PM
Shade smiled at Leten. "Yes you are doing good. And now if you are ready I want to see if you'll do any better with those droids." Shade nodded to the table again and the same two droids flew through the air towards them. "When you are ready just let me know."

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:34:17 PM
Leten nods stands up, and activates his lightsaber, getting himself into the stance Shade has been teaching him.

"Okay. I'm ready."

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:40:27 PM
"Ok, remember the movements you just practiced, use them and let the Force guide you." Shade nodded his head and the little droids began floating on their own, taking shots at their leisure.

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:45:27 PM
Leten lets the force guide his actions as the blaster bolts start to fly at him. He blocks the first 5 shots and dodges the next one. He blocks another 7 shots, then gets a glancing blow on his right shoulder and left leg, then blocks another 8 shots, and ends with a solid hit to his left shoulder, Where he turns off his blade.

"I keep getting hit! I guess I still kinda suck at this."

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:52:38 PM
Shade nodded to the droids and they floated lightly to the ground. "Actually you are doing quite well. You haven't had the same experience as some of us. And I have never met a person who didn't get hit a few times. No body is perfect."

Shade looked up at Leten. "There are some other things I want to teach you, but first I must ask you. Do you know about the different forms of lightsaber techniques?"

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:54:01 PM
Leten shakes his head.

"No... I'm sorry, I don't know."

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:03:24 PM
"Well there are technicaly seven forms, but the first six are the more common. The seventh...it is very hard to come by a master of the seventh form. To present I only know of one person who has mastered it, Master Helenias Evenstar. Anyways they are:

Form I
Millennia before the Clone Wars, advanced technology replaced metal swords with energy-beam lightsabers. In this transition the first Form was born. Jedi Masters created Form I from ancient sword-fighting traditions, since the principles of blade combat remained much the same. The basics of attack, parry, body target zones, and the practice drills called velocities are all here.

Form II
The ultimate refinement of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat became Form II, advancing the precision of blade manipulation to its finest possible degree and producing the greatest dueling masters the galaxy has ever seen.
Today Form II is an archaism studied by almost no one in the Jedi Order, because it is not relevant to current tactical situations, in which Jedi enemies rarely fight with lightsabers. Even with the resurgence of the Sith, confrontation of an enemy with a lightsaber is an exceedingly rare prospect for a Jedi, so they continue to focus on more practical Forms. Sith expecting to battle lightsaber-wielding Jedi, however, find Form II a powerful technique.

Form III
The third great lightsaber discipline was first developed in response to the advancement of blaster technology in the galaxy. As these weapons spread widely into the hands of evil-doers, Jedi had to develop unique means of defending themselves. Form III thus arose from "laserblast" deflection training. Over the centuries it has transcended this origin to become a highly refined expression of non-aggressive Jedi philosophy. Form III maximizes defensive protection in a style characterized by tight, efficient movements that expose minimal target area compared to the relatively open style of some of the other Forms.

Form IV
Form IV is the most acrobatic Form, heavily emphasizing Jedi abilities to run, jump, and spin in phenomenal ways by using the Force. Masters of Form IV incorporate all of the ways in which the Force helps them go beyond what is physically possible. Their lightsaber combat is astonishing to watch, filled with elaborate moves in the center of which a Jedi may be all but a blur.

Form V
During an era when Jedi were called upon to more actively maintain the peace in the galaxy, Form V arose alongside Form IV to address a need for greater power among the Jedi. Jedi Masters who felt that Form III could be too passive developed Form V. A Form III master might be undefeatable, but neither could he necessarily overcome his enemy. Form V focuses on strength and lightsaber attack moves. This Form exploits the ability of the lightsaber to block a blaster bolt and turns this defensive move into an offensive attack by deflecting the bolt deliberately towards an opponent. A dedication to the power and strength necessary to defeat an enemy characterizes the philosophy of Form V, which some Jedi describe by the maxim "peace through superior firepower." To some Jedi Knights, Form V represents a worthy discipline prepared for any threat; to others Form V seems to foster an inappropriate focus on dominating others.

Form VI
In the time of Palpatine's Chancellorship, Form VI is the current standard in Jedi lightsaber training. This Form balances the emphases of other Forms with overall moderation, in keeping with the Jedi quest to achieve true harmony and justice without resorting to the rule of power. It is considered the "diplomat's Form" because it is less intensive in its demands than the other disciplines, allowing Jedi to spend more time developing their skills in perception, political strategy, and negotiation. In practice, Form VI is a combination of Forms I, III, IV, and V. Young Jedi spend their first few years studying Form I and then a year or two with each additional Form before completing their training. By comparison, a Form VI master will spend at least ten years studying only that Form after completing the basic Form I training. Form VI well suits the modern Jedi's role in the galaxy, in which a Knight overly trained in martial combat might be at a loss to resolve a complex political conflict between star systems. However, full masters of other Forms sometimes consider Form VI to be insufficiently demanding.

Form VII
Only high-level masters of multiple Forms can achieve and control the ultimate descipline known as Form VII. This is the most difficult and demanding of all Forms, but it can eventually lead to fantastic power and skill. Form VII employs bold, direct movements, more open and kinetic than Form V but not so elaborate in appearance as Form IV. In addition to very advanced Force-assisted jumps and movements, Form VII tactics overwhelm opponents with seemingly unconnected staccato sequences, making the Form highly unpredictable in battle. This trait makes for a much more difficult execution than the graceful, linked move sequences of Form IV. Form VII requires the intensity of Form V, but much greater energy since that focus is wielded more broadly. Form VII draws upon a deeper well of emotion than even Form V, yet masters it more fully. The outward bearing of a Form VII practitioner is one of calm, but the inner pressure verges on explosion. Form VII is still under development since so few can achieve the necessary mastery to advance the art.

The reason I ask is because I know the basics to each form, and I was wondering if you could tell me which form you would like to practice. I may not be a master in the Force but I can teach the basics. In fact Form I is what you were just practicing. I myself however, am only a master of Form IV though I do practice Form II quite a bit."

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:18:11 PM
Leten thinks for a moment but then desides to go with his gut feeling. It's always done him good in the past.

"I think I'll go with Form II I don't know why but I just feel that I will nead it. I'm also guessing that I've already been pratcing Form III"

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:31:27 PM
"Yes you have been practicing Form III. And if Form II is you choice, then so be it." Shade stood up and unclipped his lightsaber. "This is a form very rarely used outside of sparring, but it is very powerful when fighting another with a lightsabe if they have not mastered the art yet. It is very much like the lost art of fencing, but mpore complicated because you have to put more force behind your blows."

Shad held his lightsaber in front of him and let the green blade extend. "The moves that i was showing you earlier are what the bases of each move of Form II is. When you become more experinced you will be able to turn those simple slashes into more complaex attacks and be able to link them together." Shade put his other hand on his lightsaber hilt and faced Leten. "The best way to learn is experince and using the techniques. Therefore I want you to attack me. Use all the moves I showed you and any you can make up. Try linking a few attacks together."

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:38:37 PM
Leten nods and Activates his lightsaber, making sure that the Saber is powered down. Then the 13 year old boy takes a few quick steps towards Shade and swings the saber at Shade's left hip.

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:42:03 PM
Shade inverts his lightsaber blocks the attack easily. He then comes back up with his green blade in front of him.

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:48:39 PM
Leten spins off to his side right as Shade's blade comes back up. He brings his purple blade up as he finishes the spin aiming the blade to the back right side of Shade's neck.

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:54:12 PM
Shade deflects this attack, with a little more difficulty. He brings his lightsaber back in front of him, but has a thought. Leten will need to be taught to defend himself as well, so why not now. Making sure he ha his lightsaber down to the lowest setting, and with a flick of his wrist Shade threw a light slash at the boy's left leg.

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:58:39 PM
Leten reacts almost instantly. He jumps into the air, clearing over Shades saber. As he comes back down from the jump Leten goes to slash his saber on a downward angle at Shade's face.

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:05:18 PM
Shade brings his lightsaber up and pushes Leten's blade away. "You are doing very good." The Jedi then twistes his own body and his blade sweeps parallel with ground.

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:10:00 PM
Leten lands from his jump, and brings his saber up to block, sending a Kick into Shades leg.

"I'm really only treeting the saber as If I was fighting with a metal pipe agienst another Pipe. I've done that alot."

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:12:45 PM
"That's a good idea. I makes you feel more comfortable with it and allows you to move easier." Shade brought his leg off the ground and Leten's foot went harmlessly under it.

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:15:19 PM
Leten Smiles, ducks, and brings his saber saber around in sorta a foot sweeping motion aimimg foe shades only foot that is touching the floor.

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:22:05 PM
Shade hops off the ground, the blade sliding just under his feet. He then brings his own lightsaber around towards Leten's crouched figure.

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:29:06 PM
Leten brings up his saber to block Shade's but as the sabers contact, Leten falls backwards on to his bum.

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:33:11 PM
Shade smiles, but doesn't let up. A real opponent wouldn't and he didn't want Leten to become used to it. Shade ropped to the ground, his lightsaber held awy from hm and swept his left leg out towards the fallen boy.

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:38:34 PM
Leten quickly turns off his saber for a moment as her flings himself into a backwards roll, givin himself some distance. He then quickly gets back to his feet and unknowingly takes a good defencive stance.

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:42:30 PM
Shade finished the twirl and comes back up, his lightsaber at the ready. He lunges forward with an attack to Leten's left side.

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:45:55 PM
Leten spins slightly off to his right side and smacks Shade's lunging saber on the top with his own saber as hard as he can, then quickly then brings his saber up over top of Shade's arms, trying to hit him in the chest.

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:50:52 PM
Shade couldn't block the attack or dodge, so the end result as him lying on the ground. He rolle over and stood up. "Very good Leten. That's a lot of improvemtn for one day."

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:54:58 PM
Leten was suprised...

"Wow... you meen I accaualy won! I wan't expecting that."

Leten looks at Shade with a concerned look.

"I hope I didn't hurt you... Will you be okay?"

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:58:43 PM
"Yeah I'll be fine. And yes you won that bout. The blow you dealt would have been a killing blow on just about anyone."

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:08:27 PM
Leten continued to be suprised as Shade told him that would have been a killing blow...

"oh... I... Umm... I'm sorry... I'm really glad I powered my saber down."

Leten can't stop thinking how even though he only started learning the saber today, and beat a knight in combat, and would have killed him. He mumbles to himself as he sits on the floor.

"I don't want to be a killer like the others..."

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:18:51 PM
"Don't worry. This is just a spar. If it had been the real thing I don't think you would have killed anyone. Besides even though you did extrememly well you first go around, you must remember that I wasn't going to go all out on you. If I had things would have been much different. You still have alot to learn, but you are well on your way. You have already learned a great lesson even before we started."

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:25:08 PM
Leten nods know that he wouldn't last long if Shad was going all out on him. But then he starts thinking and wonders what the great lession was. He must have forgotten after gettin caught up in the fight.

"Really? What was the great lesson?"

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:28:30 PM
"You've learned, or rather know that a lightsaber isn't always the answer and you know what you don't want to become. For a lot that takes a long time to understand. I think you even have respect for the power you weild with it and that respect shows in your reluctance to use it."

Leten Snat
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:32:52 PM
Leten nod understanding what he was meening...

"I've seen what they do to people. my father was killed by one. His head was loped off after he was shot 5 times. If I didn't feel like I needed to use one soon, I wouldn't have even made this thing" He says noding down at his saber.

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:36:54 PM
"Why do you feel you need one?"

Leten Snat
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:17:16 PM
"An old lady who was looking after me after my dad was killed, often talked with poetry. When ever she did, what she said came true. She also was telling me that if I am calm and at peace with myself, and follow my instincts, well I'm like that, great things will happen to me.

She told me this when I asked Do you think I will have a good life? Will I find a girl that will love a little snat like me?"

Leten pauses for a moment, looking at his own feet...

"Years for you will come and go,
But the face of love will never show,
Untill enters a girl of animal speek.
Then you find the love you seek.
When this is done, motions are made,
Dark Time will come to see them payed
The future of past will come to play,
And leave a shadow that will try to stay.

Soon after this a time will come,
Where you reach a choice to fight or run.
If the choice you make is to meet your end,
And place yourself between foe and friend,
Sent back to your home you will be
By the abyss that will lie beneth thee.
In the darkness you will find,
Evil things that warp our mind.
With your blade of light your foe will see,
Exactly how dangerouse a Snat can be."

Leten looks back up at Shade

"I have already met and fallen in love with the girl mentioned. Natia, is that girl. I know that now. So that meens I'll need a blade of light, and soon. this has been set into motion, and I fear that alot will be riding on my shoulders."

Leten takes a few deep breaths...

"Incase you don't know, a Snat is a small rodent that thrives on the waste of others and makes it's home in garbage. It's harmless, weak, stupid, and is the lowest thing on the food chain in the lower levels. It's only defence is to run and hide in trash. I took it as my last name because I was tired of people trying to insult me by calling me a little snat, and it describes me rather well.

The Abyss is a part of the lower levels that is a shear drop from floor 150 to floor 5 that was created by a ship that crashed there when floor 150 was the top floor. There are a few stair cases that go over the Abyss but they are very unstable. I use them inorder to get away from gangs. My home is all the floors from floor 25 to floor 0.

So from the way I understand what she says, I'll end up falling into the Abyss while protecting a friend, living through the fall somehow, and finding a dark evil that I will need to get rid of with a lightsaber."

Shade Magus
Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:08:17 AM
Shade nodded thoughtfully. "Hmm...prophecy is a very tricky thing. I hope that the endng you get is the one you seek."

Leten Snat
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:18:23 AM
Leten nods...

"From the way I read this, there are only two posible endings. Live or Die... I myself would rather the live option."

Shade Magus
Apr 23rd, 2004, 05:42:08 PM
Shade gave a nod. "Yes that would be the best option wouldn't it."

Leten Snat
Apr 26th, 2004, 10:18:02 AM
Leten smiles at shade...

"That it would be the best option. Deth isn't fun from my understanding."

Leten looks at the time...

"Well I should get off to bed. I have a lot of work to do in the morning. So I'll see ya around?" Leten asks hopefuly

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 12:38:42 PM
Shade smiled. "Of course. And if you need any more help just ask."

Leten Snat
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:34:01 PM
"I sure will ask if it is needed. So i'll talk to ya later."

Leten then goes to get up and walk out of the room. heading back to his room.

Shade Magus
Apr 26th, 2004, 01:53:06 PM
"Good-bye," Shade says as Leten walks off. Good kid. Hope he does ok.