PDA

View Full Version : The Butterfly Effect

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:10:10 AM
I couldn't find a thread for this so...

I just saw it today. It's probably been out in the US forever, but anyway. I was kind of reluctant to go and see this one, because of Ashton Kutcher. I can't look at him without thinking of That 70s Show, and I thought that the idea of him trying to act seriously would just turn out something awful. Turns out I was wrong! It was a good movie, I really enjoyed it. Neat, albeit not unique, story - but I think it was told in an interesting way, one that I haven't seen before (someone will probably come along and tell me it's been done a million times before, now ;)).

Anyone else seen it?

Pierce Tondry
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:11:46 PM
I intend to. I hear the movie was a psychological thriller deal. I love those. They're the only movies I really get scared at anymore.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:28:46 PM
Y'know, I was going to see it but it's been done a MILLION times before.

;) I haven't seen it, but I didn't want too. Looked too creepy for me.

Zasz Grimm
Apr 15th, 2004, 01:49:13 AM
i've seen it, and i liked it alot. i was skeptical as well about ashton kutcher being a dramatic actor, but in my opinion he did pretty good in it. it was a creepy movie, and i thought the ending kind of sucked for his character.

but it couldn'tve happened any other way. to fix everything he originally messed up, he had to do it in that way for everyone to survive. but come on, passing her by on the street and knowing you been with her, loved her, she's said she loved you back. rough.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 15th, 2004, 03:19:23 AM
It wasn't creepy. I didn't see the trailers for it, but it's not a creepy Ring type movie. It's more like... Memento or Donnie Darko. I wouldn't call it a thriller - it wasn't scary at all. It was more like, you were wondering what was going to happen next, what he would change.

As for the ending, there was no other way really. no matter what he did, if he was with her - it all went to hell. I thought it was a pretty good ending, really. I mean everyone was happy, it seemed. I liked how at the end you realized the blackouts were caused by the future version of himself going back to change things.