PDA

View Full Version : New Peace of Mind

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 14th, 2004, 04:36:30 AM
Falycin. The world of the four clans...Ocean, Forest, Desert, Plains.

It had come quickly to the young Jedi Padawan, Jacali Danner.

Death. Havoc. Falycin's destruction.

An Armageddon, not by war or any outer opposing factor of other systems, but by a huge rain of meteors that was heading right for the beautiful planet.

Jacali had dreamt of the destruction and on her own had begun to research in the Archives studying star charts and meteor activity around the Falycin system and sure enough found exactly what she had hoped not too.

A large mass of meteor activity was headed directly towards the small planet, she did a follow up on the information and within a few moments was able to determine just how many days from the first meteor until the massive destruction hit.

More and more information came up, they had seven days before the first plague of meteors hit. After that time it was hard to tell, but the final blow was twenty days away.

The Padawan searched further to the population of Falycin, it was around eighteen thousand, and it consisted of four clans and they were very far apart distance wise.

That's when she stumbled onto some history of the planet. And found that an out break of war was happening and had been happening after a mixed clan marriage about ten years before.

The Ocean Clan and the Forrestor Clan.

Jacali shook her head on this one, wars were not something great and it could very well leave it's mark on the entire planet.

She also read that the clans didn't take kindly to outsiders, but she couldn't just let this go. With all her information in hand, she presented it before the council.

Jacali was more than adament in going to Falycin and helping get as many as she could off the planet.

The council seemed to allow it, even her master, Dasquian agreed to go as well as Jedi Knight Shade Magus and his Padawan Spada.

Getting the transports ready had taken a few days, but with the help of Lion El'Jonson, things were on their way.

Jacali hadn't given up on this the entire time, she kept a running time limit on her laptop to know pretty much exactly how much time was left...

Sixteen days were left.

An elite crusier landed on the fertile ground of a meadow outside a large, green lush forest.

Home of the Forrestor clan.

The sun was just starting to dip into the horizon as the hatch opened and the four Jedi emerged.

spada
Apr 15th, 2004, 05:10:52 PM
Spada stepped down the ramp and onto the wild, untamed forest of Falcyin. He scanned the treeline and said to the group,

"Alright, while we make our way to this clan's base, can you give us a background on their culture, Jacali?"

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 06:25:35 PM
Shade took a breath of fresh air and smiled. It had been a long time since he had been in this type of enviroment and it felt refreshing. He turned to Jacali and Spada, listening to their conversation of the clans.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:48:49 PM
"The information I gathered is about it, Spada. Even that was far and few between. The clans aren't technologically supported, they live off the lands and by what their Gods have given to them. Approaching them could be...interesting. But, nonetheless, they must be told."

Shade Magus
Apr 23rd, 2004, 02:21:28 AM
"Then it should be quite a learning experince for us all then. I am most certainly looking forward to the reactions we will cause."

spada
Apr 23rd, 2004, 04:49:25 PM
Spada nodded in agreement with the group and began to walk foward, saying sarcastically,

"Now I wonder why this is called the Forest clan..."

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 24th, 2004, 07:17:19 AM
“I would imagine that is because it is situated near a forest,” Dasquian chuckled, as he walked with the other Jedi. He allowed Jacali to take the lead so that he could watch her, to see how she would deal with the important situation at hand. This was, of course, a serious situation where mistakes could not be made, but Dasquian was confident in his apprentice, and could always intervene if need be.

Shade Magus
Apr 24th, 2004, 04:57:08 PM
Shade smiled at the joke as he looked around. Indeed their were near a forest and a vast one at that. He could feel the variety of life forms around them through the Force. The amount of life was almost overwhelming after being on Coruscant for so long.

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 24th, 2004, 09:57:46 PM
"From what I gather the clans base is along the tree canopy and it's pretty high up." She informed them as they trudged along.

"It's sad to know that all this beauty is going to be gone in less than a month."

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 25th, 2004, 07:43:01 AM
“It is indeed unfortunate that there is no way we can save the planet – but everything happens for a reason. Why must this planet be lost, and its people evacuated? It is impossible to say, but there will be a reason. The Force works in mysterious ways.”

Shade Magus
Apr 25th, 2004, 03:08:55 PM
Shade nodded his agreement. "Mysterious and at times apparently illogical until the big pictureis shown." The Jedi looked back up at the trees and a smile played across his lips. "You say their clan base is hig in the trees? Then how are we to call them down?"

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 26th, 2004, 07:35:17 PM
Jacali stopped and looked up. "Hmmm, good question. I'm sure they'll have lookouts as we get closer." She offered. "Of course, one of us could yell, that might do it."

spada
Apr 27th, 2004, 06:08:40 PM
Spada and the group continued onward, looking up every once in a while.

"Lets just hope they don't see us as a threat and attack us."

Shade Magus
Apr 28th, 2004, 01:29:07 PM
Shade nodded. "Yes. Now that would be quite awful."

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 28th, 2004, 08:26:22 PM
"Well, let's hope we can..." Jacali began, but wasn't able to finish as about twenty vine ropes dropped and half-dressed, savaged-looking, clan warriors from the trees slid down and surrounded them with spears, daggars and swords.

spada
Apr 28th, 2004, 08:32:15 PM
Spada, reacting on instincts, was about to pull out his lightsaber. He though again of a reading in the code which he had read;

"If a Jedi ignites his lightsaber, he must be ready to take a life. If he is not so prepared, he must keep his weapon at his side."

He took his hand away and held them slightly in the air.

"What now?"

Shade Magus
May 1st, 2004, 01:18:49 PM
"I'm going to have to say cooperate. We are here to help them after all."

imported_Jacali Danner
May 1st, 2004, 09:32:21 PM
Jacali stepped forward and bowed. "Palsuin 'te'lunt de Jedai. Gyver mal d'maya, Jacali Danner, Dasquian Belargic, Shade Magus an'vu Spada. Retunga du' basic."

A woman stepped into view. Her long dark, tresses of hair woven with beads and feathers. Her clothing consisted of animal hide and not much of it, but her weapons were harsh and she had a readiness in her eyes to defend her territory. "I am Kalil, daughter of Laban, I would not have permitted you to harm my clan, Jacali Danner. You say, you are Jedi and that you come in peace, why do you come at all? We bear nothing with the outer worlds, leave us." Her very accented voice said boldly.

Jacali held up her hands to show she was no threat. "We've come to speak with your leaders on behalf of the Jedi Council of Coruscant."

Dasquian Belargic
May 2nd, 2004, 08:45:02 AM
Dasquian nodded his head in greeting to those who had appeared, in particular to the woman who appeared to be the leader of the group, “I am Jedi Knight and Councilman Dasquian Belargic. My apprentice, Jacali, speaks the truth. We are here on a mission of the utmost importance, and bring imperative news for you and all of your clansmen.”

imported_Jacali Danner
May 2nd, 2004, 09:21:03 AM
The woman's eyes narrowed and she refused to place down her weapon. "And just how do we know you be telling the truth, O'Great Jedi? This could be a trick...you could be banded with the Oceaners to try and defeat us! Like their attack two moons ago."

The rest of the clan agreed and kept up their weapons.

"The issue at hand is life threatening, but not from us or your Oceaners." Jacali spoke gently. "For they are in danger too, this whole planet is...and there isn't much time."

Dasquian Belargic
May 3rd, 2004, 04:12:28 AM
“You may remove my weapons if you wish. I offer them to you freely, as a mark of good faith, to show that I speak only the truth. I only ask that whatever you wish to do, you do quickly – as we have said, you are in grave danger, but not from us.”

Shade Magus
May 3rd, 2004, 05:52:48 PM
Shade nodded, agreeing with Jacali. "I beg of you to listen to them. Standing here, is only wasting the precious little time we have left."

spada
May 5th, 2004, 02:59:16 PM
Spada pulled his lightsaber hilt out and turned it around, holding it out to the leader,

"We will exchange weapons for the chance to speak, eh?"

Random Person
May 7th, 2004, 04:01:17 PM
A large muscular warrior steps forward from the rest of the crowd. By the reactions of the other members of the tribe, this person holds a position of respect and athority.

On his back rests a rather large and powerful Battle Axe, and the scars on his body are worn like metals of honor. He approches the Jedi , nodding respectfuly to the woman that was speeking earlier.

"There is always time. As sure as the sun will set and the moon will rise, Our people have always had the time to face the dangers that threten our village. We have no reason to trust you. We have no way of knowing that your words are true, and thus you must earn our trust.

Taking your weapons would be useless if what I hear of the Jedi are true. You may keep your weapons for now, but you must prove that you have honor behind your actions.

The easest way to understand a person is to face them in combat. By your action on the battle field we will deside if you are worthy of our hospitalty. One of you must be chosen to face me in unarmed combat. Then we will see if you are a threat to us, or are truly here to help us."

The man hands his Battle Axe off to one of the other tribe members, and waits for a responce from the jedi.

spada
May 7th, 2004, 04:21:37 PM
Spada looked down the line of people and using his advanced mental powers, said to the group's minds,

"Who here is the best hand to hand fighter?"

To stop the people from thinking he was doing this, he asked them,

"These things that the Jedi do, will we be able to use them during this fight?"

Random Person
May 7th, 2004, 07:50:37 PM
The warrior looks over to Spada.

"The one that is chosen my use what ever they have at there disposal. Though you will not be graded of weather you win or loose, you will be marked of your skill, honor, and fair play. Keep that in mind when you make your choice, and be sure that your chosen one keeps that in mind as they fight."

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2004, 02:45:33 AM
Dasquian looked between the others as the warrior spoke. A duel to prove ones honor was not something, he thought, should be undertook by one of the Padawans. He did not like the thought of pitting them against this fighter. Therefore, the task fell at either his or Shade’s feet. Although he disliked having to resort to combat, he felt compelled to be the one to do this.

“I accept your challenge.”

Shade Magus
May 8th, 2004, 04:30:09 PM
Shade had been about to step forward to accept, when Dasquain accepted the challenge. For a moment, he was taken back. He hadn't seen the Jedi fight, but he knew that he was an honorable and fair person. He stepped back slightly to show that was supportive of Dasquain's decision.

spada
May 8th, 2004, 06:23:40 PM
Spada glanced over as Dasquian stepped foward to accept the challenge. Spada had considered himself as most likely the strongest person there, being inhuman as he was. He kept silent, however, and left the desicion to the elder and more experienced of the group. He did not have any doubts that Dasquian could more than prove his worth to the warriors.

imported_Jacali Danner
May 8th, 2004, 06:42:59 PM
Jacali remained silent and took a step back as her master spoke. She knew beyond a shadow of a doubt, he was capable. She would be honored to watch him.

Random Person
May 10th, 2004, 12:46:58 PM
Apon Dasquian's of the chalenge, the warrior faces him and bows slightly. Then the warrior charges towards Dasquian, meshing the fingers of his hands together, and bringing his hands above his head. When he reaches Dasquian, with all his shrength, he brings his hands down at Dasquian's right shoulder.

Dasquian Belargic
May 12th, 2004, 12:24:53 PM
All of a sudden, the fight had begun. The warriors blow was coming down like a jackhammer. Dasquian did not fancy his chances of catching it – his balance would be thrown. Instead, he opted to dodge. Using his own strengths over the warrior – agility and swiftness – he sidestepped out of harms way. Level on with the man then, he brought one arm and clenched fist sharply out to the side, aiming to strike the back of the mans neck and, with the aid of the Force, send him falling flat on his face.

Random Person
May 13th, 2004, 11:57:03 AM
The warrior misses Dasquian completely as he dodges out of the way, and the next thing he knows Dasquian has clobered him at the base of his neck.

As He goes to fall to the ground, curls into a ball and rolls back to his feet, quickly turning to face Dasquian.

"You hit hard for a scrawny man." The warrior comments.

He then goes to approch Dasquian with more caution this time and starts to circle him. After a few moments of circling The warrior takes a quick step forward, sending a sharp kick to Dasquian's Left knee

Dasquian Belargic
May 16th, 2004, 02:58:23 AM
Dasquian didn’t appear to be going to move- but instead motioned an arc with his left hand. As he did so, a ripple moved throughout the Force that struck the warrior roughly at the hip, on the leg he was kicking with. It sent the kick just enough to the side to avoid the Jedi Knight. Hand still outstretched, Dasquian struck his palm against the man’s solar plexus, applying the same burst of energy upon impact.

Shade Magus
May 18th, 2004, 07:50:16 PM
Shade watch Dasquain and the other duel. It was unexpected to say the least. He had never seen the other Jedi fight before and wa very impressed, but he was also impressed with this other being it seemed he was considered a mast warrior here and was doing very well. He had a great ability to adapt to different situations.

Random Person
May 25th, 2004, 11:46:53 AM
The warrior recovers from the force blow quickly by putting his foot back on the ground, and by going into a backwards roll, allowing him to avoid the attack from Dasquian's palm.

The warrior takes the roll back up to his feet, and starts to approch Dasquian again. When he is within range, the warrior drops down in to a foot sweep aiming tha attack at Dasquian's knees.

Dasquian Belargic
May 27th, 2004, 10:57:09 AM
Given the warriors’ recovery time and slow approach, Dasquian has ample time to prepare what is coming next – but still could not have predicted the sweep kick. Nonetheless, he manages to hop just over it. He again throws a flat palm out at the warrior upon landing, using his opponents awkward balance center to his advantage.

Random Person
May 27th, 2004, 12:21:52 PM
The warrior is just about back to his feet when he finished his spin from the foot sweep, when he comes to facing Dasquian again, only to see a hand comming at his chest again. The warrior, takes the hit, and Grabs Dasquian's arm as it contacts. Then using the momentum from the Hit he falls into a backwards roll, attempting to throw Dasquian to the tree behind him.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:03:03 AM
Unable to counteract the movement in motion, Dasquian finds himself hurled into the sturdy bark of a tree – the wood groaning as his back slams into its surface. The Jedi sucked in air through clenched teeth as he slid down to the ground, feeling his back pulsing with hot pain. He concentrated, trying to focus on blocking on the sensation, and replacing it with healing energy, but such focus would be difficult to be achieve whilst still combating the warrior. He needed to temporarily disable the man. Stepping back to his feet, Dasquian made a motion with one hand that looked like he was throwing something away. The Force moved in time with the gesture, knocking the warrior backwards. At the same time, he drew his other hand downwards and one of the large branches on the tree that the warrior had been pushed into began to wobble. Then, with a crack, it tumbled downwards. Dasquian hoped it would pin the man in place.

imported_Jacali Danner
Jun 9th, 2004, 07:06:18 PM
Jacali kept a watchful eye on her Master. She winced slightly as he was hurled mercilessly into a tree. But, it didn't take him long to get up on his feet and continue the fight.

Jacali would learn a lot from this experience.

Random Person
Jun 10th, 2004, 10:12:11 AM
The warrior was thrown back but not put out of the fight. He hits the tree, and as soon as he hears the CRACK of the branch, He rolls off to the side and swings himself around the tree Being barely missed by the falling branch.

He then flips himself back up to his feet. He faces Dasquian, With a disipointed look on his face.

"This fight does not need to continue. I can see you fight with skill, but you have no sence of fair play, and thus has put your honor into question. You are only fighting to win, and will use your ability to attack without touching in what was ment to be a fair fight, in order to give you an unfair advantage."

The warrior looks down at the branch, only to see that it was a healthy branch, and would not fallen on it's own. He also notices that the Branch is lying on a fallen bird's nest, with the peices of crushed Egg underneath.

"Not only that, you choose to damage our home, and Murder that the forest's children that can not yet run from intruders like you. Leave here before all of our warriors will make you leave. You are not welcome here."

At this the warrior holds out his hand, and his battle axe is tossed to him. He then takes it in a solid grip with both of his hands in front of him, ready to attack. A five more large warriors whelding axes, walk towards the front of the crowd, as another ten people take positions in the trees, arming themselves with long bows.

Edit: OOC. It Is still posible to talk them out of attacking, but I doubt that they will trust Dasquian now.

Shade Magus
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:33:53 PM
Shade looked over at the warriors and took a small step towards his fellow Jedi. "There isn't any need to fight. Dasquain didn't know there was an egg in the branch. Besides, I thought this was a fight of natural abilities?"

spada
Jun 11th, 2004, 04:57:47 PM
Noticing more armed natives arriving with weapons, Spada kept his hand in his robes, clutched around his lightsaber hilt. Calling out to the leader, he said,

"We mean you not harm. If we had it our way, we would not have had the duel in the first place. We come to save you all, not to kill you."

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 13th, 2004, 07:36:04 AM
Dasquian breathed a heavy sigh. He had acted, stupidly, on impulse in using the branch to try and end the fight as quickly as possible – but it had been in the best interest of the tribes. They could have spent a whole day fighting and trying to prove themselves, only to find out that the tribes still didn’t believe they were worthy; leaving them no closer to their goal of convincing them of the danger they were in.

“If you do not wish our help, then do not take it,” Dasquian stated plainly.

“We did not come here to fight, and while I understand that you may have your customs to deign who is and is not worthy, we simply do not have time to fight and squabble. I admit I was trying to end that fight as quickly as possible, but that is only because there are lives at stake her – a great many. If you wish to stand here all day squabbling over honor and worth, with people who have dedicated their lives to others, then you can do so – but I will not. Talking won’t save the people of this plan.”

And with that Dasquian turned from the group, feeling his heart racing beneath his chest. He had certainly spoken in a manner that was not usual of his persona, but what he said he felt needing saying. Looking sidelong at Jacali, he spoke through the Force.

The other tribes…?

imported_Jacali Danner
Jun 14th, 2004, 04:44:44 AM
This was not good, things had gone from bad to worse and much time had been wasted.

Yes, Master. Perhaps, we should get to the people of the plains. They are to the Northeast. She answered as she turned with him.

Random Person
Jun 17th, 2004, 12:21:37 PM
The warrior says to Shade in responce to comment about the fight.

"As I sayed about this before you picked you warrior. This fight would be marked on Skill, Honor, and Fairplay. And you champion has failed."

The warrior doesn't say any more as the others go to head off to the Plains people.

After some time of traveling the group of them come to the plains tribe. The can see a number of tents and crude buildings ahead, and a small group of people moving out to intercept them.

As the approch the setlment, the 3 people approching them stop near by a Woman flanked by two large men. The woman smiles at the Jedi, and with arms wide open in greetings, says in a chearful tone...

"Welcome! Welcome travelers! The night will be soon apon us! and you must be in need of rest from your long journey! Please join our humble tribe for dinner, and let us exchange stories!"

imported_Jacali Danner
Jun 24th, 2004, 03:20:52 PM
Jacali stepped up closer to the woman and bowed a greeting. "We come in peace, m'lady. We are Jedi, I'm Padawan learner, Jacali Danner. This is my Master Dasquian Belargic." She stepped beside Shade. "This is Jedi Knight, Shade Magus and his Padawan Spada. We've come with dire news and we request to speak with your high council, if that could be arranged...as soon as possible."

Random Person
Aug 11th, 2004, 02:46:43 PM
"You are all welcome here! Though I am sad to say that your information of Our tribe must be out of date. We have not had a Council in our tribe for almost 5 years now. We now have one person that make all the plans for our tribe, with the assistance of any adult that wishes to help."

She starts to walk back to the village, looking over her shoulder to say to the Jedi...

"Come! Come! We will speek of your news over dinner!"