PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 14th, 2004, 12:37:01 AM
Okay figured I start a thread on this Comic movie. So far they have finally got a director Tim Story (BarberShop) he is a rising director and I think he could be a good choice. Now you have casting there has been four rumors now, one I think is crap. Here they are
First
Michael Chiklis up for the Thing
and Tim Robbins up for Dr. Doom
http://www.superherohype.com/fantasticfour/index.php?id=1156

I hope the Chiklis rumor is real he would make an awesome Thing. Robbins I am not sure about, I have thought about him for Richards but never Doom, I am not sure about that, I mean he could pull it off though.

New rumors first the really bad one
Christian Millian for Sue Storm
http://www.superherohype.com/fantasticfour/index.php?id=1184

She looks nothing like the invisible woman, she is the wrong ethnicity and way too young and it really clashes with the next rumor

Paul Walker for the Human Torch
http://www.superherohype.com/fantasticfour/index.php?id=1187
I could live with that, he is not an horrible actor and he does look the part, but it really makes the Millian rumor look like its full of crap.

I also still have a feeling we will get Clooney for Richards but it is more wishful thinking for Sue I would like to see Charlce Thereon, the two of them would give star power to this project.

ReaperFett
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:30:02 AM
I'd have Clooney (Or Alex Dennisoff) for Reed, Rebecca Romijn Stamos for Sue, Michael Chilkis for Ben/Thing, I could live with Paul Walker for Johnny. Doom doesn't worry me, it is just important to have a great voice considering he probably wont play Dr Doom too much, just Victor and any mask-off moments.

JMK
Apr 14th, 2004, 06:46:53 AM
If Stamos were to become the Invisible Woman that would be her 3rd role in a comic book movie. Do you think she's do that?

ReaperFett
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:33:03 AM
Yes :)

Seriously, IIRC she said her and Avi Arad had discussed another project. While my money would more likely be on a Mystique spinoff or Black Widow, it's possible that it could be Sue.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 14th, 2004, 12:00:36 PM
I still like Theron, though I am not sure if she would do a comic book movie after winning an Oscar. I would pick Irons for Doom, though I wouldn't be against Robbins in that part picking somebody like him would be a different choice and actually might surprise me.

ReaperFett
Apr 14th, 2004, 12:03:05 PM
lol, she already is :)

She's signed to be in one of Brian Michael Bendis' creator owned books. Jinx or Torso IIRC.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 14th, 2004, 12:13:57 PM
Heh didn't know that, would that role keep her from being Sue? She would be my first choice, I thought of Watts but she might be busy filming King Kong.

JMK
Apr 14th, 2004, 06:26:30 PM
I'm not particularly thrilled with either casting rumor. I can't picture the Commish as the Thing, nor can I get around Milian as the Invisible Woman. Both weak at best IMO. :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2004, 07:21:42 PM
So, Sean Astin isn't directing after all? :(

:)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 14th, 2004, 09:13:11 PM
Thank God. I actually like Chicklis as The Thing watch him the Shield is a good actor he has defintely gotten better from his Commish days. I think the Millan rumor is crap to tell you the truth. First she is way too young and if the Paul Walker rumor is right they sure don't match up.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:27:46 PM
Paul Walker is a horrible actor. HORRID.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:49:09 PM
Well he has been in some horrible movies, so I am not sure. I can actually live with him, if he was chosen. The Human Torch isn't my favorite character from the F4 my favorite is Doom so aslong as they don't chose somebody bad there I will be happy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:57:31 PM
No, he's just such a bad actor he MAKES movies bad. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 15th, 2004, 12:01:37 AM
LOL, well I thought JoyRide was a good movie, but that was me. If the movie has a good script I don't think the acting will hurt the film. As long as they don't get bad actors to play Reed and Doom they are the two that matter the most.

jjwr
Apr 15th, 2004, 06:14:44 AM
Walker isn't that bad, I've only seen a few of his movies(Joyride, Fast & Furious and Pleasantville) but he's been in good in all 3 of them, and has a very boyish type face which should work for Johnny Storm.

Michael Chilkis....eh....Grimm was always a big guy, becoming the Thing just made him bigger, I don't know if he can physically play the part.

Robbins would make a great Reed but thats a part that would need some Star Power and I don't think Robbins has that, unless it was the other 3 parts they ramped up as well as Dr. Doom.

JMK
Apr 15th, 2004, 06:44:17 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
No, he's just such a bad actor he MAKES movies bad. ;)

I tend to agree. He didn't really do anything to improve any of the movies he was in. Meet the Deedles anyone? :lol

ReaperFett
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:32:35 AM
The thing is, I can't see ANYONE who is good for Johnny. He's meant to be a hot tempered (Ba-Dum-Tish :)) guy in his twenties with moviestar good looks. I can't think of a single person. Suppose they could have him a newcomer.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:00:49 AM
There has been some people who want Orlando Bloom, but he think he has become too big for the part. I forgot Walker was in Pleasentville he was okay in that movie.

ReaperFett
Apr 15th, 2004, 09:06:49 AM
Sean Patrick Flannery (Conner in Boondock Saints, Young Indiana Jones) is who I usually say.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 15th, 2004, 10:03:29 AM
Walker *might* do a good job. I didn't see Joy Ride, but he wasn't too bad in Pleasantville. But, he wasn't a main character, either.

Notice I can't say "he wasn't bad." He wasn't too bad, but he wasn't great either. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 15th, 2004, 10:57:46 AM
Well I think that is why I can live with him, in an ensamble movie he might do okay.