PDA

View Full Version : Riven's 'fleet'

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 12th, 2004, 01:30:34 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35154 Last post

I really don't know what to tell this person. Should we allow the fleet (VSD and Dreadnaught and all) to this 'group' consisting of one RPer, or...?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 12th, 2004, 01:55:07 PM
Depends on what it's being used for. If it's private RPs, sure, but not takeovers. From what I've read at TSO, that's what it's for - SL purposes.

Darth Viscera
Apr 12th, 2004, 02:33:23 PM
with Jenny, I agree I do.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:18:51 PM
It doesn't make sense at all really.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:25:16 PM
No, but if it's for storytelling purposes, I don't mind. So long as it isn't affecting other people - if it's in ST, everyone has agreed to it so they shouldn't have issues with it. Or something like that :)

Morgan Evanar
Apr 12th, 2004, 04:03:13 PM
It breaks the common sense rule, I think it should be removed.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 12th, 2004, 10:20:25 PM
IF it were just the one ship, then okay. But she/he's claiming a fairly good sized fleet. I'd be more willing to claim a fleet of that size for my GROUP, who has the resources of a single planet, than for one RPer playing three characters in a crime organization.

I mean, when I think about it, Black Sun doesn't even have a ship of that size.

Darth Viscera
Apr 13th, 2004, 12:46:50 AM
He's already made substantial compromises in regards to his "fleet", I don't think he's going to go off and start abusing it.

Would it satisfy common sense if he were to RP that the weapons emplacements on his VSD had all but rotted away due to lack of maintenance and cannibalising the ship for parts (as well as the general manpower shortage he's already mentioned), and he replaced the Dreadnaught with another Corellian Corvette? Corvettes can run on a crew of 30.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 13th, 2004, 09:58:59 AM
One question: how big is a Dreadnaught in comparison with a VSD?

Morgan Evanar
Apr 13th, 2004, 10:04:38 AM
Dreadnaughts are 400 meters. VSDs are 800. I think. Dreadnaughts also require a lot of man/droid power to operate.

Darth Viscera
Apr 13th, 2004, 12:24:49 PM
Dreadnaught: 600m, 16,000 crew (!!!)
VSD: 900m, 4,800 crew

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 13th, 2004, 12:32:07 PM
Oh yeah the dreadnaughts needed a lot more crewers than the newer ships, didn't they. I sort of remember that from the . . . books. . . *franticaly searches brain for name of series* Black Fleet Crisis??

So it's really more improbable for her to have a dreadnaught than a VSD. She (I say she because the RPer plays Shanaria Fabool and that's who I knew them as first) should be able to keep the VSD in a hideous state of disrepair, but please to replace the Dread with a corvette or something much smaller.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 13th, 2004, 12:35:39 PM
keep the VSD in a hideous state of disrepair, but please to replace the Dread with a corvette or something much smaller.

I know TSO isn't funding Rivin with troops or whatever to keep the ships up, so that sounds fair to me.