PDA

View Full Version : Controlling your emotions (Spada)

Shade Magus
Apr 11th, 2004, 10:43:53 PM
Shade walked through the area he had chosen for his Padawan's next lesson. He knew that Spada was skilled with the mind and coming along with telekenisis very well. As for his combat skillls, Shade knew the young Kel-Dor had come along in his own, but he would still teach him one or two things about that. But for now he would see how well he did controlling his emotions. That was something that a Jedi should never let go unchecked.

Shade sent out a thought the Force for his Padawan to come to him. To meet him inside one of the Temple's many gardens.

spada
Apr 13th, 2004, 03:53:04 PM
Spada was walking back from Yogs when suddenly he felt a strange shock in his mind. He suddenly heard Shade tell him to meet him in the gardens. Spada sped up to a jog and entered the Temple. He stopped once at an intersection he could not remember, but he chose the right way and entered the gardens.

'Meet in the gardens' . That sounds a bit vague. Maybe its a test

Spada walked foward and reached out with his mind, trying to find Shade's mental patterns i the garden. He suddenly picked up a familiar trace and followed in the direction. Paying no attention to the roads, he passed through a bush and into a clearing where Shade was waiting.

"You rang, master?"

Shade Magus
Apr 13th, 2004, 04:23:57 PM
Completely ignoring Spada's question, Shade walked around the Kel Dor still admiring the scenery. "Beautiful isn't it. It is so tranquil here."

spada
Apr 13th, 2004, 04:28:23 PM
Spada kept his face foward, standing at attention.

"Yes. I come here to meditate sometimes. To practice my skills with the force."

Shade Magus
Apr 13th, 2004, 04:53:55 PM
"Ahh...tell me. What thoughts or memories upset you?"

spada
Apr 13th, 2004, 05:11:26 PM
Spada thought deeply and said,

"I have not had many memories which are troubling me, but it is... it is my thoughts which have troubled me as of late."

He began to pace back and forth, saying,

"Sometimes while i meditate or when I am in a hard situation, I think of how much easier it would be if I used the force in a different way. Like when I am fighting a person, I just think that if I just killed the person, everything would be so much less complicated."

Spada prepared himself for either a scolding or another lesson.

Shade Magus
Apr 13th, 2004, 05:17:03 PM
Shade gave a slight nod. "Yes it would. It seems that the world would be better if there were less stupid people in it."

spada
Apr 13th, 2004, 06:19:27 PM
Spada was stunned for a moment with the answer.

"Wait...you mean it's alright to feel that way?"

Shade Magus
Apr 13th, 2004, 06:28:56 PM
"You tell me. They are your thoughts not mine."

spada
Apr 13th, 2004, 06:39:32 PM
"Well, I've always thought that those thoughts lead to the dark side. I was surprised that you didn't tell me that."

Shade Magus
Apr 13th, 2004, 06:45:05 PM
"Just a minor infraction. But tell me, it is our feelings that make us sentinet(sp?). Why should we ignore them?"

spada
Apr 13th, 2004, 08:12:14 PM
"Well... I don't know. I was hoping that you would tell me."

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:06:45 PM
Shade spun on his heel. "The question was directed towards you. Not towards me and you will answer."

spada
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:14:33 PM
Spada was a bit stunned by Shade's anger, but retailated by raising his voice a bit saying,

"Well the teacher must show the Padawan the way. If you commit to training someone, you should make sure he does things right."

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:26:35 PM
"Did I say you were doing wrong? No, I asked for the answer to a question. And do not think your raised voice went unnoticed. you will learn your place young one."

spada
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:41:10 PM
Spada did not like to be put down and made to feel like he was low.

"I came here for a lesson. If you come to act like my mother, than I see no point being here."

Spada turned his back on Shade and began to walk out of the clearing.

Shade Magus
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:52:13 PM
Shade lifted his hand and Spada.

"Do not wak away from me Padawan."

spada
Apr 15th, 2004, 03:54:15 PM
Spada heard this again and said to him loudly,

"Do not belittle me!! I will not be made to be worthless!"

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 06:11:01 PM
Shade released Spada from his grip, and shook his head. "If you were to battle me. You will loose."

spada
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:20:25 PM
Spada knew this. However, he would not show weakness during an argument.

"I do not fear you. And I don't care what rank you are above me, you should still show the same respect to me that you would a Jedi Master. Especially because of the fact that I respect you."

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:42:14 PM
"Are you so sure?" Shade leaned over with his hands clasped behind his back, presenting the perfect target. "Wouldn't it just be easier to make me respect you?"

spada
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:09:13 PM
Spada replied with,

"If I had to force you to respect me, then there is no point. The respect that I would recieve would be empty."

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:15:06 PM
Shade leaned back a smiled. "You have done well Spada. I have instigated you and you did not strike out in anger. Well done."

spada
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:20:52 PM
Spada sighed. He should have noticed Shade's sudden change of personality.

"Oh, so this was a test... sorry about what I said... I just hate it when people try to put me down."

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:23:12 PM
"Don't worry about it. The important thing is that you didn't strike in anger. Now that you have shown you can control your emotions. I wan to see if you can use them."

spada
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:27:42 PM
Spada seemed confused by this.

"Use my emotions? What do you mean?"

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:38:37 PM
"Emotions are very fickle things. Sometimes they betray us and sometimes they help us. One could, for example, send their emotions out to a person, trying to place a thought in thier head. You for example should be very good at it. It allows more leyway for illusionists and mentalists."

spada
Apr 16th, 2004, 08:03:15 PM
Spada listened to his explanation and said,

"Is this like a Jedi mind trick?"

Shade Magus
Apr 17th, 2004, 05:38:51 PM
"Indeed it is, but it is more advanced, and it can also be used for defense. You have heard the saying, 'your thoughts betray you?'. That is what it means. Not necessarily your thoughts but more your emotions. It will allow you to connect with another person on a deeper level, and if you are stronger than the person trying to enter your mind, then it allow you to keep that person out."

spada
Apr 17th, 2004, 06:10:48 PM
"So you mean I could make a person feel happy or angry?"

Shade Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 02:53:41 PM
Shade did a head nalf nod half shake of his head. "Yes and no...it wouldn't be that finely tuned. You could prehaps make them more attuned to your wave patterns and place happy thoughts in their head, thus making them seem more happy."

spada
Apr 18th, 2004, 03:00:43 PM
"Sounds pretty confusing. Maybe I'll understand it when we start up. So how would I be able to do this?"

Shade Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 03:16:19 PM
"From what I understand it is quite simple. It is really like you are trying to connect with someone as you are trying to create an illusion. Only now, you must connect with the person on a much deeper level. It is really just trying to control their endocrine glands into producing the right amount of secretion. It really isn't that different from moving a pebble with the Force, but it is much more delicate. A wrong squeeze and you could permanently aage their system. Very few Jedi attempt this technique because it demands the most absolute training in the Force."

spada
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:02:11 PM
Spada asked,

"If it's so dangerous, then who will I be doing this on?"

Shade Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:08:34 PM
Shade widened his arms with a smiled on his face. "Me."

spada
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:21:40 PM
Spada felt as if a heavy burden was placed on him. He went back to the previous statement, saying,

"About these glands. Do these glands normally control emotions of a person?"

Shade Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:24:37 PM
"Well you see, technically speaking, emotions are a simple mixture of hormones. You add a few drops of one kind to a drop of another and you get happiness. If you do it the other way you can come up with sadness, or anger, or even elation."

spada
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:26:39 PM
Spada nodded,

"So, what will I be doing first?"

Shade Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:32:17 PM
"First of all. Do you have any studies of the human anatomy? This is a very prudent question."

spada
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:38:13 PM
Spada gave a half-hearted nod.

"I learned... some about the human anatomy. It all depends on how detailed you have to be."

Shade Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:41:07 PM
"Well, for this you kind of have to be very detailed, but I think you can get it right. All you have to do is reach into my body with the Force and sort of squeeze the right glands and turn off the ones you don't want working. Once you try it I'll tell you the reaction my body had to it. Remember though to be careful. I'll try and guide you so you know where you are going and help you control the actions you use."

spada
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:48:48 PM
Spada nodded and concentrated his mind to prepare to enter Shade's. He entered it fairly easily, and fucocused on finding the section of the brain which controls the Serotonin hormone. He then concentrated the force to slightly concentrate hormones to increase the output of the gland which produced it. releasing all concentration, he asked,

"So do you feel any better?"

Shade Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:54:55 PM
A slight smile had spread across Shade's face. "I..I'm not sure."

spada
Apr 18th, 2004, 07:17:17 PM
Spada replied excitedly,

"Do you feel... happier? Like more upbeat?"

Shade Magus
Apr 19th, 2004, 12:27:58 PM
Shade shrugged, his smile now a full grin. "I think so, yes."

spada
Apr 19th, 2004, 03:02:08 PM
"I tried to release the serotonin in your glands to make you happier. I didn't want to cut it off and make you more depressed and angry."

Shade Magus
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:11:18 PM
Shade continued to look at Spada with a grin. "It's ok. I think you might have over done it a little though. I feel like I just got ingested a great amount of yarrock."

spada
Apr 20th, 2004, 04:08:01 PM
Spada laughed through his mask, continuing,

"Let's call it a natural high for now and not tell anyone about it, shall we? Alright, if you want to rest while the feeling wears off, you can."

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 12:14:43 PM
Shade nodded. Man this feeling could get addictive, the Jedi thought as he sat down and sprawled out, giggling.

spada
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:23:42 PM
Spada sighed as Shade giggled. He took out his lightsaber and began to shadow spar with the air as he waited. He moved slowly to practice his form and moved in a state of meditation.

After finishing up, he looked back down to Shade, asking,

"Feel any better?"

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:31:57 PM
Shade still grinning, nodded his head. "Yes I think it is staring to wear down now." The Jedi shook his head to try and gain more control of his senses. "That was very powerful Spada. I think you might need a little more work with it, but I am sure you'll do fine."

spada
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:35:06 PM
Spada nodded and replied,

"That could come in handy if I ever want to question someone. Now what should we practice?"

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:39:42 PM
"That's pretty much all I can teach you. Besides just practice I can't realy help you anymore in this area. I just thought you would like to learn that trick. Now if you don't mind, I think I might need to retire to my room until this high wears off."

spada
Apr 21st, 2004, 03:56:06 PM
Spada nodded and kept a mental note to practice this technique more vigorously and to find out how to use it with the jedi mind trick. He walked over to Shade and helped him up, asking,

"Need some help getting back to your room?"

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 04:03:31 PM
Shade shook his head. "No I think I can make it. Why don't you stay here and see if you can find somone to help you practice."