View Full Version : Not that many here care about golf...

Figrin D'an
Apr 11th, 2004, 04:44:28 PM
... but, Phil Mickelson, dubbed the best current golfer to not have a major title to his name, won The Masters today by one stroke over Ernie Els. Mickelson, known for choking in clutch moments, birdied 18 to finish at -9, after trailing Els by 3 or 4 shots for much of the day. He played a near perfect back nine, and rallied from behind to take the green jacket.

Congrats to Mickelson. The monkey is finally off his back.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 11th, 2004, 06:06:37 PM
I am not a big fan of golf but I have to say I am happy for him.

Jedieb
Apr 11th, 2004, 09:24:19 PM
That was one of the best back nines I've ever seen. Els played great, but Mickleson TOOK it from him. The Lefty has had to put up with a lot of crap over the years and I'm happy for him that he finally got his Major championship. I can't think of a better way for him to have won it. He was 3 shots behind when Els nailed his Eagle on the 13th. Phil was on the treachorous 12th and he came up with a huge birdie on that famous par 3. I thought that was the turning point. From then on he got a couple more birdies and started closing in on Els. That birdie on the 18th will be a classic. Having DeMarco hit an almost identical put just moments earlier was a blessing.

What, am I the only one who planted his butt on the couch this afternoon?

Ryan Pode
Apr 11th, 2004, 09:32:46 PM
I got all the same info from reading the Yahoo! summary. But good for him. Took him long enough.

CMJ
Apr 11th, 2004, 09:41:56 PM
I was very happy for Phil. I watched the last 2 or so hours of coverage - about the time things started heating up really.

JMK
Apr 12th, 2004, 06:31:42 AM
I caught the last 90 minutes or so. I am VERY happy for Mickelson. He was a totally different player this sunday than what we're used to seeing. And where has Tiger Woods gone?

Madmartigan
Apr 12th, 2004, 01:27:29 PM
I can't watch golf, I find it to boring to sit and watch. I love to go out and play it, even though I am really bad.

JediBoricua
Apr 12th, 2004, 07:52:16 PM
First time I ever saw a whole day of golf!

I'm also happy for Phil!

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Apr 13th, 2004, 11:55:20 AM
I am so glad that he won. He is one of the best golfers on the tour... He deserves the green jacket.