PDA

View Full Version : A 'Bluedinger' of a day.

Syriande Blue
Apr 11th, 2004, 09:07:25 AM
Swoosh

Blue shot past the people in the crowded streets of Coruscant in a hail of cloak and cravat. As he passed, gasps of suprise and outrage sounded behind him, but right now, even with his humble, charming personality he had no time to apologise. Right behind him was a City Watch officer that had not given up the chase even after Blue had unleashed his dashing, pearly white smile to her.

She had resisted the charm...a rare feat for a woman.

'Well REALLY!' yelled a woman as the 3 corner hat weilding gentleman flew past, his cloak whipping her in the face. Blue yelled a ' Very sorry Ma'am' and tipped his hat in apology to her over his shoulder before running on.

plan B, plan B not plan B again....

Plan B was one he hated taking but it was most often plan B that was plan A when it came to relying on Glunk for a get away speeder. Plan B was simple, look for a Catwalk and jump over the side hoping to the stars that there was a speeder to catch you. Of course not the safest of ways but if it meant getting caught by the City Watch or falling to ones death....

....He'd actually take the City Watch...

But he was lucky today, the Speeder route beneath the catwalk they were on was actually filled with speeders, a traffic jam of sorts. Plan B was in effect, and this time it would be safe. With the female officer directly behind him hed after litrally jump over with bracing himself.

Here it came....

The rail was no further than a few feet.

One foot went up onto the second rail down and the other on to the top rail and then with a great leap and a yell from the City Watch officer Blue flung himself down over the edge of the catwalk. His cloak whipped above him...but something happned then...

The speeders below were moving off....

He was going to miss the one he aimed for...

' OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FRELL!...'

The speeder moved off and he flew past it, he was going to die-

CLANK

Suddenly and quite suprisingly Blue stopped falling, he opened his eyes to see what the problem was..was he dead? looking up to see what was going on, his cloak had actually got caught on a aerial of some sort of the speeder...

' Oh dear bastards of all gods i thank you...'

Without warning the speeder took up speed, and it seemed the gods were not on blues side, clinging to his cloak for dear life he was now being trailed, at high speed, behind a speeder taxi....great.

Rum Dinger
Apr 11th, 2004, 09:20:56 AM
CRASH- “Blimey!”

It wasn’t everyday bodies started raining from the sky. The taxi cab swerved and the driver let out a stream of curses, something about bloody suicidal lunatics. The cab veered back and forth a few more times before straightened out its course. Oddly, the driver didn’t seem to want to stop.

“Oi, mate,” the passenger sat forwards against the transparisteel partion that separated him and the driver, “Might want to slow down, let the poor guy off, eh?”

“Frell that,” the driver grunted. He gave the dash board a slap.

“The meter runs on time. He can get off when you’ve gotten where you’re going.”

Rum’s eyes widened, as he turned to look back out of the taxi at the man hanging precariously from the back of the cab. He had to hand it to the guy – he was surprisingly calm for someone who’s impending death seemed to be looming.

“Pull over at the next street,” he called out over his shoulder.

“I think his cloak is starting to tear.”

Syriande Blue
Apr 11th, 2004, 09:40:01 AM
The hat MUST not come off.

With one hand holding his hat on and his other wrapped around the cloak it was more than likely becoming apprent that the Speeder was not going to stop for anything. This of course had never happned before, though Blue had taken plan B a few times, this was a new experience all together.

Suddenly Blue jolted backwards slightly, for a moment Blue wondered what it was, his eyes scanned, with effot, his whole body. But it dawned on him suddenly to look up, with the weight of Blue the aerial was now bending and the cloak now tearing and of all things through the back of the Taxi window a man was looking, wide eyed and talking.

WHY DID'NT HE STOP?!

Blue mimed something with his mouth.

Stop the speeder....

No responce...

Stop the sodding speeder! he mimed more harder this tiem but still the man just looked.

' WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP THE BASTARD SPEEDER!!' Blue yelled and took his hand away from his hat the shake his fist, but quickly moved back to holding it again.

Rum Dinger
Apr 11th, 2004, 11:36:11 AM
There was an almighty screech, as the speeder careened out of the traffic and onto a side street, jerking to a sudden halt. Blue was thrown from his moorings onto the pavement, much to the surprise of pedestrians passing by. The battered old taxi looked as though it was smoking – it probably was. The driver turned to look over his shoulder, grunting and expecting Rum to understand him. The man quirked a brow and then realized he was waiting for a payment. Nodding and grinning awkwardly, he fished into his pocket.

His wallet… he’d left it in his other pants.

“Er, hang on a minute mate. The bloke in the cloak has the money.”

Leaning over to the window, he called out.

“Oi, mate- couldn’t lend me a chit or two could you?”

Syriande Blue
Apr 13th, 2004, 11:17:12 AM
At the time Rum was asking for a few chits, Blue had been trying to escape the confines of the bloody cloak which had whipped around him like a strait jacket in mid roll upon the catwalk. Luckily and more luckily for Rum than anyone else, Blue still held his hat on his head, if that 3 corned hat had gone missing there would have been serious trouble.

' A 'chit or two?!'' Blue said finaly managing to find a way out and sticking his head out from the crumpled heap of cloth upon the floor. ' A ' chit or two'? Son, i didnt even wave down the sodding taxi down, and even if i did i wouldent of got in the damn thing with the fat lump of large for a driver!' Blue pointed towards the driver of the cab.

The driver grunted loudly and tried angrily to move in his seat but Blue had got up so quickly rearlizing what the driver was, a Dug, and was in his purse bag so quick that the driver settled down almost right away. A couple of chits were exchanged and Rum got out, the driver as a result snatched the money and drove off as fast as he could.

' So much for the customer always being right.' Blue muttered to himself before rounding on Dinger. ' You ya' little bugger owe me two chits and a new cloak, and ya lucky i still have my hat or i woulda clonked you one, trust me...'

Rum Dinger
Apr 20th, 2004, 09:55:01 AM
“Calm down, mate, you’re the one who fell right onto me cab, alright?”

Rum couldn’t help but laugh. The man looked the picture of eccentricity in his cape and hat. Rum on the other hand lokoed as though he was wearing clothes he’d stolen from a hobo – and a badly dressed hobo at that. An old leather flight jacket and flight britches, with the strap still hanging off them down by his knees.

“What’s up with the get-up, mate? What rock you been hiding under?”

Syriande Blue
Apr 24th, 2004, 02:46:05 AM
Syriande who had been in the process of walking off from the man, rounded on the leather clad, dred wearing pillock and raised an index finger which in turnin nearly went up the mans nose. ' Look you, ive been hiding under no rock what-so-ever, i've...i've been...look sod off.' Syriande bowed low, sweeping off his hat, and then began to stalk off in the other direction once more.

He had weaved in and out of a few people before stopping in mid step and turning to view the man behind him, sighing deeply he he nodded to Rum and smiled slightly, hell, technicaly the man had saved his life.

' D'ya want something to eat?' Blue called over the heads of passers by.

Rum Dinger
May 1st, 2004, 10:39:09 AM
“Thought you’d never ask,” Rum barked back, pushing his way through a crowd of rodian tourists to find his way back to the caped crusader. “I’m frellin starving. I could eat a whole bantha raw.” He sniffed the air for a café. His nose lead him on ahead to a small eatery. “Smells like dinner,” he said with a grin, nodding Blue towards a small street side take-away.