PDA

View Full Version : Big Things (closed)

spada
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:57:32 PM
The shiny metallic surface of a round room reflected the sun’s rays all around the room. In the center of the room, a group of strange bipedal creatures stood in lines, each one holding a vibroblade in the same way. The creatures were wrinkly and their skin was all different shades of red and orange. They all wore the same gray, loose shirts with large gray pants which went down to their midcalfs and ended in an elastic-like manner. One larger, more muscular creature paced back and forth in front of them, watching for one who was in the wrong stance. Suddenly, he bellowed out in a strange language,

“Kro biloma!!” or “forward thrust!” in basic.

The creatures all recoiled their swords to their right sides and stabbed forward towards an imaginary enemy and froze with their arms extended. The larger creature continued to shout the strange language, which was followed by the creatures all performing a different move. After about 30 minutes of this, a sound similar to a drum sounded and all the people set the swords down and thinned out of the room. One of the bipeds was about to leave when the larger one stopped him by saying in basic,

“Spada, come here a moment.”

Spada turned, revealing two silvery orbs for eyes. He walked towards the ‘master’ and bowed, saying,

“Yes, Master Blooban?”

“Spada, it has come to my attention that you have some special skills…” replied Blooban calmly.

“Special skills? Like what?”

“You have excelled past most of the other Kel dor in your combat training. If you prove yourself, you could become a Guardian fairly soon.”

A guardian was the highest honor bestowed on a Kel dor, and upon hearing this, Spada became very excited.

“Wow! Really?”

“Yes, but there is another thing that you must see the elders for…”

“What did I do wrong?” asked Spada

“No, it’s not a problem, its... something else… come with me.” said the larger Kel dor.

Spada and Blooban strode down the shiny hallway, Spada standing just as tall but not as muscular as the older one. They walked through a narrow doorway and into a wide room with several desks, at most of which were older, frailer looking Kel dor. They looked up at Spada and Blooban and walked towards them, gathering into a group. One elder said,

“Ah, young Spada. We have called you here for a very rare occasion. One which we rarely call someone down for…”

By about 3 references of ‘rare occasion’ by the elder, Spada was exploding with anxiety. The elder continued,

“Anyway, are you aware of what ‘the force’ is?”

“A little, why?” asked Spada.

“Well, after witnessing one of your duels with a fellow pupil, we think that you have a fairly great skill with the force. We saw as you were fighting one student that you moved faster than any Kel dor I have seen, since Plo Koon, and you at one point caused your sparring partner to stumble without touching him. You are here with a choice now.”

“What would that be?” asked Spada, still not very sure what the force really was, or the significance of the meeting.

“I’d hate to bring this on you so fast, but if you want to further advance your skills with ‘the force’ and to become a Jedi, you must leave Dorin and fly to Coruscant, where you will train as a Jedi there.”

“Umm, elder, what is a Jedi?”

“A Jedi...a Jedi is like a Guardian with magical powers. He carries a lightsaber, I think you saw that it one of your lessons, and he is able to use the force to do extraordinary things.”

“Your other choice is to stay on Dorin, where you will remain as you are now and will probably become a Guardian. Keep in mind that with either choice, you may not become a Jedi or Guardian.”

Spada could not believe what he was hearing. He was given the choice of becoming 2 of the greatest warriors in the galaxy, but he could only choose 1. Suddenly, without thinking, he said,

“Jedi. I want to be a Jedi.”

“Choosing so quickly? I see. We understand how this is all very fast, so you don’t have to leave today. We will give you to tomorrow to pack and say goodbye.”

Spada remained silent. He bowed to them and ran off to his home.

The Next Day

Spada stood outside a small, spherical hut. His back faced the door, which opened and revealed two Kel Dor who appeared to be the same age as Blooban. One, which looked like the father, was muscular, like Blooban, but the mother was thinner with the same body type as the students in the training room the previous day. The father walked up to Spada and said,

“This may be the last time you see us. I want you to remember your teachings and how we raised you. I have two gifts for you.”

He pulled a bag out of a cloak he wore and gave it to Spada.

“Open the box, but leave the other one alone until you are on the shuttle.”

Spada pulled a box about the size of his head from the plastic bag and opened it, revealing a large, black mouthpiece with goggles attached to them. Various tubes which corresponded with Spada’s face hung from the mask, ending in strange, green metal pieces. He pulled out a small, spidery machine and clipped his new mask to it. Moving the machine to his face, it began to hook up the tubes and mask to his face and eyes to keep him safe from the normal gases which were absent from the planet of Dorin. He nodded and bowed to his mother and father as a medium sized shuttle swooped in and landed. He boarded with the few other Kel Dor and the shuttle quickly took off.

Spada walked to a lobby of the Shuttle and sat in a very cushioned chair. He pulled out another package and opened it. Inside was a long, green crystal, carved into a 9 sided prism which became jagged at the ends. Attached to a string drilled through the end of the crystal was a note saying ‘You will need this later in your training. I found it in a cave on Dorin, and I hope you use it wisely. Remember where you come from. Show people the greatness of the Kel Dor.’ he put the crystal back in the plastic bag and noticed another bag inside. Opening it, he found a great deal of credits from his father, who knew that Spada would not accept them. He laughed in his head and put all of his going away gifts away. The mask itched, it would take some getting used to, but something inside him told him that the journey would be worth it.