PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Images: Baiting the Hook (Dale)

DarthHERA
Apr 9th, 2004, 10:33:41 PM
Hera waited in the ornate surroundings of the Tarkin family mansion while a servant left to announce her arrival.

Though no stranger to the Mistress of the sprawling estate, Hera was seldom a visitor here. In fact, it had been quite some time since the Faene Mistress had travelled to this region or even seen Dalethria.

Her arrival was not expected.

Rocking her foot back and forth as she sat in a high-back chair, one leg crossed over the other, Hera mused over the reason for her visit.

That would not be expected either.

Hera wondered what Dalethria would make of the proposal she had come to make to her.

Her mind cast back to a time long ago. A time of experimentation. A time of bold opportunity. A time where they both - along with select others - had been creators. Gods, even. Doing as they pleased. Creating what they would with evil abandon and disregard for the laws of nature. Such wonderful days.

But -- as with all such prideful wickedness, there were....consequences. Loose ends. Thorns left to scratch and tear the flesh. Burrs left to irritate and chafe. It was about one such briar that brought Hera to Dalethria's home today.

A thin smile passed across the Sith's face and a cruel glint flickered in her ice-blue eyes.

There was much that would be accomplished in this one, simple proposal.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:32:09 PM
Dalethria was situated in her study, standing in front of the picture window with hands clasped behind her back, staring out the window. Her silence was more then enough indication for the servant to leave, who bowed before leaving.

She flexed her wrists, wondering why Hera was here. If this were years past, Dalethria would have thought it no more then a friendly visit between comrades. Now, there had to be reason for Hera to venture into this system to see her. The question begged was for what reason and guessing at it wasn't going to bring her closer to that answer.

The sounds of movement caused the oversized black wolf to perk its head up. Avagdu was resting comfortably in front of his Master's desk but could sense that Dalethria was troubled.

"No. I'm all right," in answer to his concern. "This won't take long either way, so stay here." Avadgu was pleased to not be moving and snuzzled back into position as Dalethria strapped on her weapon belt and departed the study. She wasn't going to take any chances, old friend or no.

She found Hera sitting patiently inside the living room as expected and wondered what was going on inside that pretty blonde head of her's to cause that smile. Unless she wanted to be rude, there was no way of knowing what Hera was thinking but there was one thing she was sure of. "You're not here to see Sorsha." Dalethria knew that her Sister had traveled to Faene to see Hera. So, there was some surprise in her voice when she finally spoke.

DarthHERA
Apr 10th, 2004, 11:27:41 PM
Uncrossing her legs and standing in pollite greeting, Hera allowed a questioning rise of her brow.

"I should be way off course if I'd been seeking Sorsha" she joked. "I expect that Ch'hodos is quite some distance from here. No, it is you I have come to see."

Had Dale not seen Sorsha recently? Was she unaware that Hera had felt uniting with Dale's sister-in-law in an entwined destiny was not quite timely?

Hera noticed Dale had donned her weapon to greet her, and a small knot formed on her forehead. Interesting.

"I was sorry to have missed when you paid a visit to ShadowFaene. It has been some time since I have seen or heard anything of you. Is it true you've imposed upon yourself a... semi-self exile....?"

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Apr 11th, 2004, 03:32:30 PM
Apparantly Hera was out of the loop on a lot of things regarding Sorsha. "My Sister also resides here. Not only Ch'hodos." She was matter of fact, still somewhat surprised at being the cause of Hera's interest.

Hera knowing about her little trip to Faene was not a surprise. Hell, stopping there was unexpected as well. There were many places to stop along the way home to refuel, but Dalethria had decided upon taking a chance. Seeing whether or not her presence actually mattered. Nothing much came of it; except a bar fight. Satach had a really good left hook and she unconsciously rubbed at her cheek remembering.

As for Hera's other comment, "I suppose that statement was true." Dalethria was having a hard time reading the Faene Mistress. Did Sorsha let Hera in on her little plan (http://meras.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=9128) to slap sense into her? She couldn't tell and was going to remain vague. Her reasons were too personal to indulge Hera's inquisitive mind. "Things change."

DarthHERA
Apr 24th, 2004, 08:56:33 PM
Things change

So they do - and for some, not for the better if Hera had anything to do with it.

"It is about 'change' that I have sought you out Dalethria. I intend - and if you are interested, would like you to join me - in causing some great changes for a certain nuisance, and her nuisance lover. I think it might be something you would enjoy.."

The dark smile was back, curling the edge of Hera's mouth.

".....Interested?"

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Apr 25th, 2004, 11:52:41 AM
She had admit, her interest was peaked and wondered who was giving Hera a hard time. By the sound of her voice, Hera was insinuating it was someone that she knew.

"All right," she grinned and leaned back against the wall. "You have my attention. Who are ... they?"

DarthHERA
Apr 25th, 2004, 02:43:17 PM
A wicked grin spread slowly across Hera's lips.

"Both you know, I believe. The first is flesh of your flesh, the ROS clone Jedi Tarkin. And Sanis Prent, her sweetheart" Hera almost spat out the last word.

"With Prent, its personal retribution for me. With Narvaria its personal satisfaction for you."

She beamed.

"Its a Win / Win"

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Apr 26th, 2004, 11:01:49 AM
Dalethria's mood brightened at the sound of her cloned Sister's name. "Ah yes Navaria. I actually paid her a visit quite some time ago." She winked, "I haven't been a complete hermit. Was meaning to drop in on my beloved Jedi to see how the amnesia I caused her was doing. But, if you have something in mind, all the better."

She wagged a finger at Hera in curiosity, "Though I am interested in hearing what Prent did to you. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you despised him more then I do Navaria."

DarthHERA
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:21:31 PM
"Amnesia, huh"

Hera laughed with delight. "You must tell me all about it. But to answer your question, Prent and his Jedi pal Akrabbim ambushed me some time back. While I understand business is business and Prent's a gun for hire - I take offence at league made with Jedi against my own person.

But it doesnt end there"

Hera's mouth became a thin grim line.

"Prent aided my mother in locating me." Hera said it as if Prent had committed the gravest sacrilege.

"He is a medlesome rogue. And now it is my turn to make a league against him.

Have you ever heard of Sasseeri Reeouurra, a Cizerack who heads up the Sector Rangers? Vindictive little peice of work who has some pent up angst against Prent and our lovely little jedi, Navaria. "

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 1st, 2004, 06:16:01 PM
Poor Sanis. He messed with the wrong Sith. Hera was seething with rage when she mentioned her mother. Navaria left that alone seeing as Hera changed the subject rather quick.

Things were getting interesting and Dalethria was growing more relaxed around her old friend. They were easing into speaking to one another as if they've never been out of contact these last coupld of years. "Sector Rangers is a term I have heard, yes, but as to what they want..." She frowned. One problem that her little depression had caused was the galaxy became new to her. She had not been keeping up with the current state of it and it was going to take some time before everything would make sense again. ".. I have no idea. The thing is, if this Reeouurra wants vengeance on my wayward Sister, I would not approve of any killing." Her eyes were serious about this matter, "That right belongs only to me."

DarthHERA
May 2nd, 2004, 02:36:59 PM
"Reeouurra wants a trap set for Prent. And as we know, the best bait is live, not dead. You can have the clone when the snare is sprung. It's Sanis the felinoid wants."

Hera canted her head toward Dalethria.

"It should be quite a show" she enthused.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 3rd, 2004, 10:54:23 AM
"Well then, this little plan does hold my interest." Dalethria grew serious, "But before I commit to anything, I want to know one thing. Why did you seek me out after all this time? I know my visit to your little operation wasn't the only reason. You didn't have to tell me about this contract you have with the Sector Rangers."

DarthHERA
May 8th, 2004, 11:18:14 PM
"Not the Sector Rangers...Sasseeri Reeouurra" Hera clarified, her voice hinting at amusement as she continued, "..I doubt this is an official directive.."

They exchanged a knowing look. A woman scorned is a woman to be feared, held true no matter what the species.

Hera laughed to herself softly. Being a woman could be so rewarding.

"As for why I've come to you.." her tone became level once more, "And might I add - you appear to ask this with some suspicion which is a concern to me...But that notwithstanding, the answer is simple" she shrugged as if to punctuate the simplicity, "I thought you might enjoy it. And...that it might be good for you.." Hera tried to word things carefully here, there was no telling how Dale may react to what she was saying. "It is no secret Ogre has not been -- er -- what I mean to say is -- um -- youv'e been shut up here in the Mansion alone -- well, not alone exactly, you have the child and that wolf -- er -- I mean, the self-exile is understandable but..--er -- (Hera floundered painfully) -- ....I just thought you might enjoy it." she finished, thinking sourly that she should have stuck with simple.

Before Dale could respond, Hera quickly tried to take the firmly planted foot she had in her mouth, out of it. "But, more to the point, I may need someone of your ability and knowledge of your clone. I doubt Navaria Tarkin will be alone. My information source confirms that she is very active and involved in the Greater Jedi Order. Snatching her will be difficult. Finding a time to snatch her when she is by herself, a very small possibility."

Though neither of the two Sith would readily admit it, atleast not openly, the Jedi were not the pathetic weaklings they often mocked them to be. Taking such a high-profile Jedi Knight right from under the Order's nose was an ambitious task. A very ambitious task. Hera was seasoned enough to realise that truth.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 10th, 2004, 10:58:02 AM
Watching Hera stumble over her words was quite comical. Poor woman thought she was treading on thin ice with her. Perhaps to a point she was, but Dalethria realized not too long ago, with some unwanted help, that exiling herself from the galaxy was no way to live. Especially for a Sith! For two years she had denied herself from any sort of pleasure, falling into a deep depression since Ogre's disappearance. It had made her weak and vulnerable, a shell of the woman she used to be.

Her mind had been contemplating how best to acclimate herself into society again. There were a few ideas that she had come up with, but anything to mess with her lovely Navaria outweighed everything.

"Let's not forget she is a member of the Council. What you ask is practically impossible and the chances of being caught are astronomical, not to mention suicidal if things go really bad." An infectious grin spread across her face as she clapped her hands together greedily, "It does sound like fun!"

DarthHERA
May 10th, 2004, 02:07:52 PM
Memories of the Dalethria of old resurfaced with that wicked grin, and Hera knew beyond a doubt that her decision to come here had been the right one.

"Of course," Hera agreed, "The risk is great. But.." and here her blued eyes danced a little, "I do have a plan."

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 10th, 2004, 02:19:30 PM
She plopped down on a chair in front of Hera, eagerly waiting for Hera to continue, "Well, go on. I want to hear it!"

DarthHERA
May 16th, 2004, 12:28:45 AM
"It involves a cat, a penthouse and a rendevous" Hera started, then paused casting a glance about. "This could take a while...got any rum?"

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 16th, 2004, 03:48:21 PM
"As much rum as you need to tell me ... everything." A servant was called to make haste with Hera's request.

The two Masters talked for hours about the plan, even about personal matters since the alcohol had loosened Dalethria's tongue. It was refreshing to be herself and scheme once more. The only thing that would top today would be when Dalethria got to personally see Navaria in the near future...