PDA

View Full Version : New Spiderman 2 Trailer

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 9th, 2004, 10:16:50 AM
The movie actually looks better than the first one, IMO. Of course I like Doc Ock better than the Green Goblin.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_2/trailer/

darth_mcbain
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:02:07 AM
Looks pretty sweet - there was one scene where Spidey was in a window frame that looked really obviously CGI to me, but other than that, the movie looks pretty good. I never really followed the comics all that much, so I don't know a whole lot about the villians, but Dr. Octopus looks like a really cool villian...

One thing I didn't like, though, is the music towards the end of the trailer. I doubt that is the music that will actually be in the movie, but why is it that so many action movie trailers have music that is such an obvious rip-off of Orff's Carmina Burana?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:15:38 AM
Not a bad trailer.

Operatic/choral music like that is really evocative. It gives things a really dramatic, epic feeling. Although it doesn't always work, I think it isn't too badly suited in this instance.

darth_mcbain
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:27:44 AM
Oh, I'm not saying it isn't suited for its purpose. But it always seems that they're always ripping off the same piece ("O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana) just to make trailers look exciting... Oh well, I guess their marketing dept is doing their homework, because you're right - it is well suited - I just get tired of watching action movie trailers now, waiting for the the Orff to kick in... :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 9th, 2004, 01:03:48 PM
I think they would have been better off using the music from the first Spiderman Movie, unless Elfman isn't doing the music this time.

Ryan Pode
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:02:32 PM
The music from the first spiderman was atrocious in some parts. Just down right bad. But thats a band geek speaking.. I do like the trailer.

Madmartigan
Apr 10th, 2004, 12:48:38 AM
Looks better than the original which was awesome, not sure which has me more excited Harry Potter or Spidey *little voice in head says you must see them a 100 times a peice*

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 10th, 2004, 01:10:24 AM
Blech. First one was bad. This oen dotn look much better. Definate miss.

Charley
Apr 10th, 2004, 01:45:26 AM
I'm just not much of a spiderman fan.

I might see this in theaters if I can afford it. Otherwise, I'll catch it later.

ReaperFett
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:32:51 AM
Great traailer, very epic feel. Love the Romita Jr homage.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 10th, 2004, 11:49:10 AM
Well I liked the first one it was a good popcorn flick, I think this one could be better mostly because Doc Ock is a cool villain.

Jinn Fizz
Apr 10th, 2004, 11:54:09 AM
In general, I enjoyed the first movie. Although I'm not quite sure why it made $114 million its first weekend, and why it ended up making over $400 million in the end. It was definitely weak in some spots...the Green Goblin was way too cartoonish for my tastes (my apologies to Willem Dafoe, he is a fine, fine actor), the CGI effects were too often obviously CGI effects, and the plot holes were almost too gaping to ignore. Like, there should have been plenty of people who made the connection and realized that Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Like all the kids at his high school who were in the cafeteria that one day. Or all the people at that wrestling match. Maybe Aunt May. Or even Mary Jane herself.

Overall, this trailer for the sequel looks very, very promising. I think Doc Ock is going to be a more threatening, less cartoony villain, and if my prediction/hope rings true, then that alone will lift the sequel over the original. Plus at least they're seeming to bring some depth to the story, by having Peter suffering anxiety and frustration over being the split personality with Spidey, and ultimately rejecting the Spidey personality, for at least some period of time.

The CGI still looks like CGI, though. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything ;) .

Ruth Leofsiege
Apr 10th, 2004, 03:13:10 PM
I enjoyed some of the first one, but there were some things that kept me from actually enjoying. The big thing was the way they wrote the Green Goblin. William Dafoe is a great actor, but even he could not keep that character from being odd.

The second one does look a lot better, and I look forward to seeing the movie this summer.

Mu Satach
Apr 10th, 2004, 06:23:38 PM
Originally posted by Jinn Fizz
Although I'm not quite sure why it made $114 million its first weekend, and why it ended up making over $400 million in the end.

Do not underestimate the power of the comic book nerds added with a 20+ year buid up.

JMK
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:30:37 PM
Looks pretty good, the tension between Peter/Spidey and Harry is great!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:59:47 PM
I think the Green Goblin is just not that good of a villain, he is too corny at times he looks like a ripoff of the Joker. Doc Ock is more original and more interesting, IMO.

JMK
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:44:09 PM
I agree. I hope they keep the series going and do guys like Sandman, Scorpio and the Lizard. Of course Spider-Man has tons of enemies, but those are the main ones I want to see.