PDA

View Full Version : Give and Keep your Word (Rikki and Kack)

Dr. Felicia Valentino
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:38:14 PM
"You're doing excellently, Rikki." Dr. Felicia Valentino smiled as she sat with her patient, Rikki Van-Warren on a blanket under a tree in the main garden at the GJO.

"You've progressed very well, you should be very, very proud of yourself."

The doctor had been working with Rikki for nearly eight weeks, in an out-patient program for eating disorders. Her patient was a Jedi Padawan and had been nearly twenty pounds underweight due to Bulimia. They had come a long way and still had a ways to go to keep the Padawan on the straight and narrow.

But, she was doing well and Felicia was very proud of her. So far, the Padawan had gained fifteen pounds back and there had been no signs of relapse.

Today, they were having a small, comfortable picnic lunch.

Rikki Van-Warren
Apr 8th, 2004, 11:04:12 PM
The Padawan smiled as she took a bite of the quartered-cut lowfat ham sandwich Felicia had brought for them. She had also brought lowfat yogurt and a few baked tortilla chips and some strawberries.

After swallowing, she smiled. "Thanks, Felicia. I couldn't have done it without your help or my master's or Kack's." She sighed as she put the sandwich down on her plate. "The three of you...saved my life and I know it. I can't believe how deeply I had my mindset that I couldn't eat without making myself get rid of everything."

She took a bite of a chip, it felt so good not to feel guilty.

Dr. Felicia Valentino
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:03:24 AM
"Words can do a lot of harm to people, so the old saying 'words can never hurt me' is wrong. We may not think that they do, but our subconsciousness keeps track of everything we hear and it's that subconsciousness that makes you believe you are fat or ugly. And your creative subconscious will make your reality remain. So, basically my job is to recreate you and your focus."

She took a bite of her own sandwich and glanced around the garden. Once she was done with her bite, she continued. "Say I were to tell you that this beautiful garden wasn't beautiful. Say, I told you it was nothing but a place for bugs and varmin. After a while of me complaining of that would that make you want to continue coming here?"

Rikki Van-Warren
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:32:15 AM
Rikki thought about this for a few minutes. "I suppose not, I'd be thinking about bugs and animals scurrying about."

Dr. Felicia Valentino
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:40:27 AM
"Right and that is what happens to our minds when someone keeps telling us things we don't want or care to hear. It sticks with us, so to overcome that you have to think differently. Just as you have been doing. Before, your mind kept telling you that you were fat and your eyes saw what your mind kept telling you. You've changed that now."

Rikki Van-Warren
Apr 9th, 2004, 05:22:13 PM
"It's not an easy change, Felicia." Rikki admitted. She had gone through a lot in the past eight weeks, anger, tears and finally hope and happiness.

"I'm finally beginning to feel whole again and not someone that I'm not. I've not talked to my mother in all this time and I still don't feel ready to face her. I feel like, if I do everything that I've worked so hard to achieve will come crumbling down again. I know how she is."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:06:28 PM
Kack was wandering about pretty aimlessly looking for something relaxing to do when he felt two familiar presences: Rikki Van-Warren and Dr. Felicia Valentino.

"Well, I'll be damned, look who it is," he said with his usual grin.

Kack was a pretty happy go lucky guy most of the time. When he wasn't battling his inner-demons that was, but those seemed to be few and far between nowadays. He had helped Rikki through a tough time and it had helped him put some of his own life into perspective.

He hugged Rikki as she jumped up to greet Kack. He gave her a slight peck on the cheek as well.

"Care if I join you two lovely ladies in some afternoon company?" Kack said, being mockingly suave.

Dr. Felicia Valentino
Apr 10th, 2004, 10:59:38 AM
Felicia smiled as Kack entered the gardens. "Greetings, Padawan Mebuff, of course come have a seat with us. I've got food, if you're hungry. The two of us were just in an eating session, I try to have one at least once a week with my patients and this garden is an awesome place. Gives a person more to think and feel about than just eating. Would you care for a ham sandwich, Kack? I have plenty."

Rikki Van-Warren
Apr 11th, 2004, 12:58:37 PM
Rikki smiled and looked at Kack as he let her go. "Yes, please come join us, Kack. It's always a pleasure." She took her seat on the blanket again.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 11th, 2004, 05:36:29 PM
"Well, thank you so much!" Kack exclaimed taking a seat next to Rikki. Dr. Valentino handed him a sandwhich while he took off his thick cloak.

"Thanks much," Kack said taking a hearty bite of the sandwhich. "This is delicious" he muttered picking bread-crumbs out of his thick beard.

"So how are you two doing on this beautiful afternoon?"

Rikki Van-Warren
Apr 12th, 2004, 08:44:09 PM
"Not bad, Kack. Not too bad at all." Rikki smiled and picked up a strawberry and popped it into her mouth.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:44:59 AM
"Excellent," he said, stuffing another bite into his gaping mouth.

As he swallowed he opened his mouth to speak again.

"What have you been up to? I haven't seen you in quite some time now?"

Rikki Van-Warren
Apr 18th, 2004, 10:02:02 AM
Rikki had another strawberry. "Well, I'm learning disapline and how to react more postitively with food and myself." She smiled at Kack. "Probably, sounds kinda silly, I'm sure."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 18th, 2004, 11:40:09 AM
"Now why would you think that?" Kack inquired.

"In the life of a Jedi, everything requires some sort of discipline. Even things as simple as breathing can require one form of disipline or another."

Rikki gave Kack a bit of a puzzled look.

"Example: if you were trapped in a room where poison gas was being filtered in, you would need to hold your breath for a rather extended period of time and release only short amounts of air. Without that discipline you would not be able to conserve enough air to last you through your escape."

Dr. Felicia Valentino
Apr 19th, 2004, 08:55:26 PM
"There, ya see, Rikki. You even get a Jedi lesson today." She smiled and had another bite of her sandwich.

"Rikki has been doing an excellent job over the past eight weeks. Do you want to tell him of your accomplishment or should I?"

"Go ahead, Felicia." She answered and plucked another strawberry from the basket.

"Alright," Felicia answered. "Since, joining my program, Rikki has gained fifteen pounds with no setbacks and I am so proud of her." She was beaming.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 19th, 2004, 11:39:27 PM
Kack smiled widely.

"I am extremely happy to hear that."

He squeezed Rikki's hand.

"I'm proud of you, kiddo. Real proud."

Rikki Van-Warren
Apr 21st, 2004, 09:12:47 PM
Rikki blushed. "Thanks, it hasn't been easy. But, I was putting my life in danger and I know that now. I don't care to go through that again. I hated that voice, I kept hearing."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 25th, 2004, 03:19:31 PM
Kack nodded his understanding.

"Well, we're all here for you, kiddo. You know that right?"

He smiled again as he popped a strawberry in his mouth.

"This food is excellent! Who's the chef?" the padawan inquired.

Dr. Felicia Valentino
Apr 25th, 2004, 09:01:13 PM
Felicia raised her hand. "It was my doing. I always try to bring fresh fruit and low fat things along. Not only does this help the body, but it also helps strengthen the mind."

Kack Mebuff
Apr 25th, 2004, 10:26:52 PM
"Excellent choice of foods! They're all delicious. My compliments to you!"

Kack popped another strawberry in his mouth.

Rikki Van-Warren
Apr 28th, 2004, 05:05:39 AM
"I agree." Rikki said as she took a hold of the yogurt she had and pulled the lid off. "So, Kack, what's been going on lately?"

Kack Mebuff
Apr 29th, 2004, 11:56:19 AM
"Oh, the usual... training, training, and more training. It's good to keep busy," Kack said with his usual smile.

"Evenings are a little boring. Usually just bop around the Coruscant underbelly. Keep a look out for old friends," he continued, smirking after mentioning the last part.

Rikki Van-Warren
May 1st, 2004, 07:36:57 AM
Rikki took a bite and let the smooth yogurt slide down her throat. "Well," she began. "We should meet sometime, I'm usually not doing anything either and watching holo-vids is getting pretty boring and you can only exercise for so long. Besides, I really don't have any friends here, but you and Felicia, but Felicia is my doctor."

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 12:06:09 AM
"Well, it would be my pleasure," Kack said with a wide grin.

"I'm always open to hanging out with people."

Dr. Felicia Valentino
May 4th, 2004, 01:40:54 PM
"Well, even doctors need friends, young Rikki." Felicia spoke with a gentle smile as she ate some yogurt.

Rikki Van-Warren
May 4th, 2004, 01:43:06 PM
Rikki grimaced. "I'm sorry, that sounded really bad."

She looked at Kack. "I'd like to hang out with you sometime."

Kack Mebuff
May 4th, 2004, 06:52:25 PM
"Awesome! Do you have my comm number?" he inquired, with a smirk.

Rikki Van-Warren
May 10th, 2004, 02:17:17 PM
"Yeah, I've got it still. That would be awesome. I'd love to hangout anytime." She told him with a bright smile.

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 02:55:49 PM
"Well, just drop me a line," Kack said, grinning.

Rikki Van-Warren
May 10th, 2004, 03:03:42 PM
"Drop you a line, huh?" She said as she took her braid into her hands and pulled a loose thread from the clasp around it. She took a hold of Kack's hand and dropped the thread into it.

"I don't have a line, but will a thread do?" She asked with a laugh.

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 03:06:57 PM
Kack laughed aloud. He was really growing fond of Rikki.

"It will do perfectly," he said, his smile widening.

Rikki Van-Warren
May 10th, 2004, 03:11:33 PM
"Great, then I propose we hangout tonight. What do you think?"

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 03:13:43 PM
"Sounds like a plan! How you do you feel about dinner and then maybe watching a holo-vid after?"

Rikki Van-Warren
May 10th, 2004, 03:17:05 PM
"Sounds perfect, Kack. Just let me know what time and I'll be ready." She told him with her best smile.

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 03:18:51 PM
"Well what time is it now?"

Kack looked down at where his watch would be... if he owned one.

"I'm afraid I don't carry a time piece of any sort."

Dr. Felicia Valentino
May 10th, 2004, 03:25:45 PM
"It's almost two, Kack. We got a late start today. But, I think I'll leave you two kids and head back to my office." Felicia smiled as she stood.

"Is this alright?" She asked Rikki as she motioned towards the picnic stuff.

"Yeah, I'll take care of it, Felicia." Rikki answered back.

"Alrighty, we'll do this again next week, Rikki. I'll see you tomorrow in class. It was nice to see you again, Kack." Felicia said as she waved and began to walk off.

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 03:31:36 PM
"Nice to see you again, Dr. Valentino," Kack said bowing his head.

"Two o'clock, eh? How's about I pick you up at 7:30?"

He paused for a moment.

"Will that be enough time for you?"

Rikki Van-Warren
May 10th, 2004, 03:40:15 PM
"Yeah, that's plenty of time for me." Rikki answered with a nod and began picking up some of the things on the blanket. "Would you care for anything else, Kack. More strawberries?"

Rikki picked one up and placed it at his lips.

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 03:45:24 PM
Kack took a bite of the strawberry with his usual grin.

"Let me give you a hand with that..." he said, picking up some of the items.

Rikki Van-Warren
May 10th, 2004, 08:35:25 PM
Kack helped Rikki pick up the rest of the items and put them in the basket. With the basket aside, Rikki laid on her side and looked at Kack.

"It's really nice to see you again, especially since my Master's been gone."

Kack Mebuff
May 11th, 2004, 11:17:39 PM
Kack nodded solemnly.

"You had us worried there for awhile, kiddo. I'm glad you're okay."

He paused for just a moment.

"Wait... Falcon hasn't been around?" he inquired.

Rikki Van-Warren
May 11th, 2004, 11:46:10 PM
Rikki shook her head. "He took off, I've not seen him for about a month. He didn't even say he was leaving."

In a lower tone. "I'm sorry, I worried you. I didn't realize really what I was doing. It all seemed so natural and right at the time."

Kack Mebuff
May 12th, 2004, 12:03:30 AM
Kack took Rikki's hand.

"I'm just glad you're alright now..."

He smiled.

"Well, if you need any help with training. I'll do whatever I can."

Rikki Van-Warren
May 12th, 2004, 12:07:47 AM
"Well, the only training I've done has been with Felicia reworking my mindset, to get me back on track with food. I'm no longer afriad of it." She shook her head. "That must sound really strange. But, truly I'm so much better than I was. Felicia has taught me a lot."

Kack Mebuff
May 12th, 2004, 12:36:10 AM
"No, I totally understand. Sometimes we need someone like Felicia to send us down the right track when we've gone astray."

Rikki Van-Warren
May 12th, 2004, 03:53:51 PM
"Yeah, I'm really glad I met her...and you. I never really had many friends, until I came here. I'm glad I came."

Kack Mebuff
May 16th, 2004, 12:58:23 AM
Kack nodded.

"Yeah, I never really had a lot of friends back home. I spent most of my time raising my brother. Didn't leave much time for a social life. But... I guess I wasn't good enough... he died right before my eyes... and I couldn't save him..."

He trailed off for a moment or so, to collect himself.

"Do you know what it's like to watch your own brother die? And be completely helpless about the whole thing?"

Rikki Van-Warren
May 16th, 2004, 08:24:05 AM
Rikki shook her head slowly. "No, Kack, I don't. I have a little brother too and often wonder how he's doing living at home with my parents. I hope he's not chosen the same distructive path that I did. I can't imagine watching him die."

She touched his hand gently. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that."

Kack Mebuff
May 16th, 2004, 12:10:12 PM
Kack smiled slightly.

"Thank you... it's probably the toughest thing I've ever had to go through. I'd give anything to have him back."

Rikki Van-Warren
May 16th, 2004, 12:59:24 PM
"Losses are always hard especially when it comes to family. But, it is a comfort to know that there are ones who are out there to help ease the pain a bit."

Kack Mebuff
May 17th, 2004, 12:04:25 AM
"Wow..." the padawan began, "it's been such a long time since I've talked about this at length with anyone. Not since my last... ah... relationship..."

Kack trailed off not knowing what else to call his time spent on and off with Dae Jinn. She would kinda of just disappear for extended periods of time.

Rikki Van-Warren
May 18th, 2004, 04:13:06 AM
"I'm sorry, I hope I didn't dredge up too many painful memories for you." Rikki said solemnly as she sat back up.

"Relationships weren't always a good thing for me. It seems I'm a jerk magnet, so I decided to wait and let things happen on it's own. Besides, I was very busy when I was in college. Who had time for a boyfriend?"

Kack Mebuff
May 20th, 2004, 09:30:24 PM
Kack let out a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, I've never been the best at playing the relationship game."

He smirked a bit.

"I'm surprised you don't have a boyfriend here. You're such a nice girl. Not mention... you're gorgeous..."

Kack suddenly turned a bright shade of red. Way to go! he thought to himself you just spilled your guts to this pretty girl and now she's gonna think you're an idiot!

Rikki Van-Warren
May 23rd, 2004, 07:36:21 PM
Rikki's eyes widened as she blushed a bit. "Ummm...I've..." She stammered and then collected herself. "No one's ever said that to me." She told him quietly. "Not even my parents."

Kack Mebuff
May 24th, 2004, 09:39:26 PM
Kack's smile spread a little more.

"Well, someone should tell you that everyday, 'cause it's the truth. You're extremely attractive Rikki. I'd go as far as to say you're beautiful."

He took her hand in his own and kissed it softly.

"If you'd let me... I'd love to be the one to tell you..."

Rikki Van-Warren
May 24th, 2004, 10:22:11 PM
Rikki was stunned speechless for a few moments. She looked at him and sighed. "Even after everything that was going on with me, Kack? You're still interested..." She trailed off as she thought of everything she'd gone through and wasn't at all proud of it. She was over the worst of it, but she knew right from wrong now.

Kack Mebuff
May 25th, 2004, 06:10:24 AM
"Of course! You're a good person, Rikki. You just went through a tough time. We all have them. And you were strong enough to get through yours! That is a great show of character. Over these past few months I have found such strong caring for you. I can't ignore it anymore."

Rikki Van-Warren
May 25th, 2004, 06:42:52 PM
"I...I know what you mean, Kack. I felt that same connection the first day we met. But, when my life tumbled out of control with my eating disorder, I figured...ya know. Who wants someone with that kind of problem. You don't think about the good things that can come out of it, when it's happening. But, I'm better and I know I'll still have challenges ahead of me, but they aren't nearly as scary, when one isn't alone." She gave his hand a squeeze.

Kack Mebuff
May 27th, 2004, 08:51:01 PM
"The first day we met? Really?"

Kack smiled widely.

"I mean I thought you were attractive... and I definitely thought we were gonna be friends, but I never thought you'd even be interested in a goof like me..."

Rikki Van-Warren
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:52:06 PM
"Well, I certainly don't think you are a goof. If anyones the goof, it's me with all the stuff I put you and my master through."