PDA

View Full Version : I demand...

Julius Patton
Apr 8th, 2004, 08:30:53 PM
that someone here develops a much better TIE design. I'm getting my <smallfont color=#999999>-Censored-</smallfont> kicked by Maal Lah.

EDIT: And whats up with my title?! I AM NOT SASSY! I AM A HARDCORE S.O.B.! *cries*

Travis North
Apr 8th, 2004, 08:36:52 PM
Now now Julio. I'm sure are Imperial designers can think up something. I'll start reviewing your battle now.

---- Ya your dead. Stupid Feder tech. Well care for a little intervention?

Khendon Sevon
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:02:57 PM
Oooo, we could bring in fleetin' ships :) and have a nice lil skirmish

Travis North
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:12:30 PM
As tempting as that sound I have the feeling I'd need a Death Star to blow up half of one of your ships.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:26:05 PM
;) nah, I'll only bring... hmm... something small. A Praetor cruiser?

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Apr 9th, 2004, 12:16:38 AM
maybe it isn't the Tie design which is flawed. sure you are less advanced. but you do have one advantage.

Travis the Feds. ship arnt that tough. you just need to do some quantum physics homework and bring them some flowers and candy to soften them up first.

Also the Big Ships arn't what you should be afraid of its the smaller ones from the FED. Like Baby Rattlesnakes. they are just as deadly as there big sisters but faster , harder to hit, and generally more pissed off.

Tear
Apr 9th, 2004, 03:03:18 AM
*gags on fed tech*

Fear My new super weapon of special charged corbonated soft drink with enchanced atoms and ions that are powered by chickens and gerbils with heat seeking capability weapon of doom!

We should just get this stupid arms race over with and blow each other to poodoo.

Travis North
Apr 9th, 2004, 05:25:27 AM
Hmm I still think we should leave this to the dogfight.

Julius you're fighting is good the writting is ecellent but you did make yourself a problem by disabling your cruiser.

Since you can't kill your opponent I suggest you find a way to weaken him and send him off home.

Sean Piett
Apr 9th, 2004, 05:31:21 AM
posting to see if i got latino heat

Sean Piett
Apr 9th, 2004, 05:31:30 AM
Just want to say, the threads going really well. Excellent writing on both sides.

Also, I think that if you guys have a problem with Federacy tech, thats fine. Please, however, be a shade less patronizing. If you have a problem, present it and it'll be addressed.

Travis North
Apr 9th, 2004, 05:49:46 AM
I'm good with it. Makes a great challenge. This would be great to if damage were being done. Maal doesn't seem to be taking a hit while Julius has suffered some close proximity explosions.

Tear
Apr 9th, 2004, 04:18:39 PM
Seems to be an pattern when dealing with the Federacy.

I have no problem with Fed Tech Personally. I actually think Khendon is very creative with his designs and deserves the pride he takes in it. But when you rp with other people you should remember just because its advanced Technology it doesnt make you invincible.

Or do i gotta point out the Ewoks vs "An Entire legion of the Empires best troops" on Endor..

When roleplaying with people with the high end Tech thats got everything under the moon for defense and offense it kinda makes you look at the person and go...god moder?

Teleran Balades
Apr 9th, 2004, 06:28:56 PM
I agree with Tear and Travis.

Julius, I found the stats (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34191&highlight=defender) for the Defender Mark IV and V.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 10th, 2004, 09:30:36 AM
Ewoks vs "An Entire legion of the Empires best troops"

If we're going to reference the movies, let's also note how technology seems to have de-evolved in the universe. Not to mention how stormtroopers used standoff tactics and swarm tactics. Elite? I think not. Don't forget about how an entire fleet of Imperial vessels couldn't do anything to a small force of rebel ships.

Let's put it this way, Piett and I were kicking major A back in the GMA days with cannon ships. There's no difference now 'cept we don't have to produce 2,000 meter vessels anymore.

The idea is that Federacy tech is more expensive, thus there is less of it. YOU OUT NUMBER US!

Maal Lah
Apr 10th, 2004, 10:10:50 AM
Originally posted by Travis North Maal doesn't seem to be taking a hit while Julius has suffered some close proximity explosions.

Actually, both of us have only been buffeted around by shock waves from explosions. Neither of us have really taken any damage. We've only been shooting torps around.

Jarek T'chort
Apr 10th, 2004, 11:08:06 AM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
The idea is that Federacy tech is more expensive, thus there is less of it. YOU OUT NUMBER US!

Hmm, good point. The Federacy contains three systems compared to the twenty odd systems that the Sov have. We have vastly superior manpower and resources, so it kinda evens out with their vastly superior technology.

So say hypothetically we take out a Nihilist-class Star Destroyer at the expense of two Imperator MkIV's. Now it's going to be relatively easy for us to replace those losses, but for the Federacy, the loss would be a great deal harder to replace, due to the cost, manpower needed etc.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 10th, 2004, 12:39:16 PM
Exactly :)

Tear
Apr 10th, 2004, 07:26:27 PM
What about the new fleet rules regarding fleet numbers? If the federacy brings 10 ships can we bring 20?

If we're going to reference the movies, let's also note how technology seems to have de-evolved in the universe.Not to mention how stormtroopers used standoff tactics and swarm tactics.

Im sorry are you trying to draw real life modern military strategy into a sci-fi universe? That was made how long ago..?

Not to mention how stormtroopers used standoff tactics and swarm tactics. Elite? I think not.

Well im going from the word in the movies and cannon. Storm troopers were supposedly elite troops. So elite in terms of Star wars? Yes.

Don't forget about how an entire fleet of Imperial vessels couldn't do anything to a small force of rebel ships.

Wait im confused..are you saying Rebel ships were more advanced then Imperial ships?

Khendon Sevon
Apr 10th, 2004, 11:00:37 PM
Tear, maybe you should reread what I typed and figure it out for yourself. It's all there in English, you do speak English, right?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 11th, 2004, 01:20:54 AM
hey now, play nice, all ya'll

just because im in bama doesnt mean im not checking up on things

Silus Xilarian
Apr 11th, 2004, 03:19:18 AM
haha, Wrath of S'Il

You guys dont need better tech. You need me >D

Tear
Apr 11th, 2004, 04:04:55 AM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
Tear, maybe you should reread what I typed and figure it out for yourself. It's all there in English, you do speak English, right?

Oh i read it. Its just wrong. Thats why i asked.

Maybe you should get one of your high tech chickens to run in a hampster wheel and magically create a missle that will blow up and drop common sense from the sky.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 11th, 2004, 06:46:54 AM
stop it now. thread warned

Silus Xilarian
Apr 13th, 2004, 01:40:51 AM
My 2 cents

Reguarding Stormtroopers. Im not sure if they were ever refered to as Elite troopers in the OT. I'll have to watch them again sometime and find out. My take on stormtroopers is that their training resembled the production of the standard TIE fighter. Cheap. Instead of going through years of training required to execute tactics similar to say, the Navy Seals, they were trained to run out with a lot of guys behind them and fire in the general direction of the enemy. When Obi Wan (on the subject of the sandcrawler attack in A New Hope) refered to the attack as precise, I believe he meant that it looked as if it had be done in strict procedure.

However, im not saying that Stormtroopers werent refered to as elite in the movies. Im just saying if they were, I dont remember.

What Khendon meant on Rebel Ships versus imperial ships. Rebel attacks were much more tactical, and their pilots were much better trained. While the imps were training TIE pilots to ignore the dangers of piloting a cheaply built swarm fighter, Rebel Pilots were training on how to actually fly. Also, while rebel tech was older, generally their ships were of a better quality, and more expensive. Where one shot could take out a TIE fighter, it would take 5-6 to down an Xwing.

I believe this is the parallel that khendon was trying to point out between the OTs and the Federacy/Sovereignty. Everything he brings to the field is expensive. It has to be, because he runs a small faction where losses HURT, so he builds ships that arent so easily lost. The Sovereignty can go out and take over double the losses of the Federacy and probably wouldnt be too worried about it.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 13th, 2004, 10:10:53 AM
I couldn't have put it better.

Thank you.

Jarek T'chort
Apr 13th, 2004, 11:53:25 AM
Stormtroopers are shock troops, hence the name. They are flung at an enemy position to overwhelm them. So, Silus, your probably right on the money. But then in say, the Thrawn trilogy, I remember a Lando or Han making an observation that the Imperials didn't use/have many stormtroopers left, thus meaning they must be fairly elite or something to warrant their being used sparingly.

Telan Desaria
Apr 13th, 2004, 02:51:51 PM
Imperial Stormtroopers under the Sovereign banner are elite shock troops - they are not used for guard duty and such. I have referenced many times that our troops are much better shots and much more disciplined than the movies show.

Our victories lie not in greater numbers but better tactics. The Defender III is a top of the line fighter, though I welcome suggestions as to better designed ones. We use what we have and to the best of our ability. Imperial warships, vessel for vessel, are the equal of their Federacy counterparts. They have better guns, we have better gunnery. See the difference???

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 13th, 2004, 03:05:16 PM
it boils down to this:

the sov has numbers, and the fed has tech

thats not to say the sov insnt technologically advanced - far from it. but you must consider this; the sov controls a vast majority of planets as compared to the feds what, 3 planets?

come on people. when it comes down to brass tacks, think logically please

Sean Piett
Apr 13th, 2004, 03:29:30 PM
Telan, to say that your power lies in tactics is silly. Tactics only applies to roleplays. To say, "We have better gunners" simply doesn't work. If you can roleplay more effectively and overcome us that way, more power to ya.

But to say, "We have better tactics" essentially boils down to "We have better roleplayers", and that might be construed as offensive :)

Telan Desaria
Apr 13th, 2004, 03:36:20 PM
not intended to.

Silus Xilarian
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:03:12 AM
Actually, I think having better gunners would fall into the catagory of faction strengths, as apposed to Roleplaying skill. Theres no way to RP making a good shot, you either can or cant do it.

But Piett's point is the same none the less.