PDA

View Full Version : A sedate little celebration (open)

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:24:55 PM
It had been a week since Je'gan Olra'en had achieved the title of Sith Knight, and in that time he hadn't once considered doing anything to commemorate it.

And getting access to the TSO palace library's restricted section didn't count.

He was sitting weaponless at a little table, slugging back whatever he could find. He'd asked the bartender for a random selection of drinks both intoxicating and not, and was on his third, a thick drinking-yoghurt that smelled of yeast and tasted of fruit. He wasn't sure if it was alcoholic like the first one, but it was great.

It also slurped well.

Schluppppppp...

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 8th, 2004, 08:33:37 PM
It had been a long four days of suffering with the flu, but the worst was over and A'jorrah Mazzic still had one more evening off before going back to work with the Orphange committee.

Sadly enough, the Jedi she was in love with, was now suffering with the same flu she had had.

A'jorrah handed over the daggar she always kept with her and walked in, she was dressed casually today in blue jeans and a sweatshirt. The ex-Dark Angel still wasn't completely up to par quite yet and didn't feel like dressing up.

Besides, she told Falcon she would stop by later with some 7Up. He had sounded pretty bad earlier.

A'jorrah ordered a fruit drink and scanned the room, a second later she did a double take at one particular young man. One, whom she had met once before.

The young man who had been with Kes'la so long ago.

He seemed to be enjoying himself drinking down an array of drinks, she made her way over to him. "Care if I have a seat?" She asked with a smile.

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 9th, 2004, 06:33:02 AM
It took a few moments to place the woman, and the memories associated with her distracted him for a second or two after that. Meeting Kes, fighting Xel-Naga...almost getting drafted as a breeder...

That last drove a chuckle from him, and a return to cognizance of his surroundings. "Take whatever seat you like. A'jorrah, wasn't it?" He leaned forward over the table, eyes turning serious. "Kes will be glad to know you're alive."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 9th, 2004, 06:44:37 AM
A'jorrah nodded, "yes. I would assume she would be. I've wanted to get a hold of her to let her know, but she is with the Sith now and the Dark Angels no longer exist and I didn't want release her location, if I was still being monitored. How is she?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:06:59 AM
"Best and happiest apprentice I have. Only apprentice I have at the moment...

"No, she's fine. She's doing quite well. I'll be sure to tell her anything you'd like me to mention. The Coruscant police might trace a message from you, true...but not if I'm the message. You savvy?

"Here. Try some kefir. It's excellent."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:16:34 AM
"Yes, very savvy." She smiled as he slid a drink her way. "Just tell her that I miss her and she's thought of everyday and that I'm very proud of her."

A'jorrah took the drink in her hands. "Is there alcohol in this? Normally, I would just drink, but I'm recently recovering from illness and it may not agree with me."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:19:29 AM
"To tell the truth, I'm not quite sure. Just a sec."

He stood up and went to the bar to ask. He came back with a second mug of it, this one full.

"Nope," he said, reclaiming his own cup and sliding the fresh one A'jorrah's way. "May smell like beer, but it's totally harmless."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:28:25 AM
"Thanks," she nodded and took a sip. It was good. "Tastes great. So, what brings you to Coruscant, is Kes here?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 9th, 2004, 12:23:22 PM
"No, she's back on Corellia for now. I'm taking a couple days off to celebrate my knighting, which I suppose is about as worthwhile a cause to go to a bar as any."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 9th, 2004, 09:39:43 PM
"I offer you my congratulations then, Je'gan. That is great news and it's good news to know you are Kes' master, it puts my mind at ease."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 10th, 2004, 07:49:45 AM
"But you, ah, hardly know me."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 10th, 2004, 10:47:50 AM
"Kes has a good choice of character, she always had a knack for that. She trusted you that first night you met, or she wouldn't have gone two steps with you. Trust me, I know Kes."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 10th, 2004, 01:28:18 PM
"And I trust Kes, so now I know you.

"Anything else I can tell her? Heard anything of 'the Madame's' whereabouts?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:24:39 PM
"Tell her to check her accounts, if she hasn't already. I think, she'll find a rather huge surprise. I certainly did." A'jorrah took another drink and then continued.

"The Madame escaped with Xel-Naga, I'm not sure where they went, but I'm sure they won't be up to any good. The rebirth of the Dark Angels is sure to happen somewhere. I figure some offbeat planet they will try and take over once they have the power to do so. I've considered searching myself, that explosion was no accident, it was planned. I know it was, I was just lucky I wasn't there."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:32:09 PM
"Well, I can't deny that the two of them sound like interesting opponents." He swallowed the last of the kefir, got up and procured a random beverage.

"In fact, hunting them might be a perfect training mission for Kes. Or do you think that would be too dangerous?" He certainly didn't think so; his first training mission had taken him into a war zone, and his second had more or less created a war zone. To Je'gan's mind, training missions should be hard, and this could be just the ticket.

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:40:35 PM
"Kes is tough when she needs to be. I've seen her in dire situations come out smelling like rose. I do have my suspicions that it was the madame behind Kes' mother and sisters attack and their killing. Kes' mother was becoming very highly liked and she had many followers, but Madame has a way of taking care of things when she feels threatened. Just like she took care of the Dark Angels palace."

"If Kes ever found out that my suspicions were indeed true...Madame had better watch out. Kes has a very good killer instinct when she wants it, you won't have to worry about that."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:43:37 PM
His eyes bored into the older woman's.

"Got any proof as far as the Bardo assassination goes?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:48:27 PM
"The Jedi and the cops were tipped off mysteriously, no one knew of the heist that night, it was all Madame's doing. She arranged it. Out of five Dark Angels only three returned, Kes' mother and sister were slain that night. After that no one talked of it, Madame ordered it. Makes me very suspicious."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:51:57 PM
"Solid enough for me," Je'gan said grimly, slugging back a sizeable portion of his new drink. "Bloody airtight. Any thoughts on where they might have gone?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:57:00 PM
A'jorrah shook her head. "No, I wish I did. Though, I may be able to track her through some old accounts. It's worth a shot, give me a few days and I'll see what I can do."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:59:57 PM
"I'm heading back to Corellia in a few days. If you don't dig up anything by then, go ahead and call up the Sith Palace in Coronet. Ask for Je'gan Olra'en.

"Thanks."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 10th, 2004, 03:05:49 PM
"I'll do that, I'll start on it right away, Je'gan." She answered as she sipped on her drink some more. "Madame had better be watching out, it sounds like."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 10th, 2004, 07:23:39 PM
"It'll make a bloody good training mission, that's for sure."

OOC/ I'm leaving Monday; I'll be back in a week or two.

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 10th, 2004, 08:03:03 PM
A'jorrah nodded. Even though she wasn't a Dark Angel and was dating a Jedi, her heart was and always would be true to Kes'la.

"Kes is very vengful when it comes to her family. She was always dedicated to her mother and sister, then to the Dark Angels and now to the Sith and you. She will come through for you, I haven't any doubts, Je'gan."

OOC: Alrighty, thanks for the warning...:)

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 12th, 2004, 07:04:42 AM
"Kes is one of the most promising Sith students I've ever seen. With the right encouragement...hunting down a Forcer like la Madame, for example...she will become at the very least a far better Sith than I am. I'm spontaneously charitable, unfond of killing innocents, and the worst quality of all; weak in the Force.."

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 12th, 2004, 08:05:12 PM
"Well, even so. Look what you have accomplished. Your a Knight, that is itself is very worthy and I'm glad that Kes is in your charge. I know, you'll come through for her as she'll come through for you. Her loyalities are for you, I know."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 20th, 2004, 07:02:31 PM
"I hope not. When Kes learns all that she can from me - and that will happen; her powers will exceed mine in time - she'd be a fool not to go to someone else to finish her training. There are some very competant Sith on Corellia; she could go to Southstar to learn manipulation, or to Rivin for telekinesis and energy manipulations." He thought it prudent not to mention the Order's latest additions.

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:21:18 PM
"Well, it all sounds very impressive, Je'gan. I'm sure Kes will not let the Order down. She's grown up fast in these past few years and she knew she was going to become a Sith shortly after her mother died. She's done nothing, but prepare for it." A'jorrah smiled.

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 21st, 2004, 05:49:36 AM
"Understandable. It's a good goal.

"I'm curious; you know her best. What are her other goals in life?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 22nd, 2004, 05:11:47 PM
"Ya know, even though Kes was a trained killer within the ranks of the Dark Angels, she does have another side to her. A soft spot so to say, she didn't believe in the breeding procedures, which she probably got from me, because I refused to participate as well."

A'jorrah paused for a moment and then continued.

"Kes is a female with needs, just like any other. One day, I know she wants to settle down have a family, that type of thing. I want that too. She wants to take revenge on some young Jedi girl that she framed a while back, even had her hit by a speeder. Nearly killed the girl."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 24th, 2004, 06:32:46 AM
"No, no, no." Je'gan waved it all away with impatience tinged with inebriation. "I know that stuff. I mean what does she want to do with her powers in the long run? After she has taken all this revenge...then what?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 24th, 2004, 07:18:24 AM
A'jorrah shrugged. "You got me, all she ever talked about was this revenge. I know, though before her mother died she wanted to be a leader like her mother in a great organization. She knew that the Dark Angels would be out, but she knew she wanted something to do with leadership and I think she could be a grand leader, with the right coaching. Leader of what, who knows."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 29th, 2004, 03:45:31 PM
"How do you think she'd do in a strike team? Does she work well with others?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:41:46 PM
"Yes, Kes works very well with others. I think, she would do great."

Je'gan Olra'en
May 1st, 2004, 09:40:33 PM
"And how well...does she obey orders? Orders that would be more in-character for a Sith than anything she's yet experienced? Let me be blunt, Ms. Mazzic. If I order her to raze a city person by person to get one man, what will happen?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
May 3rd, 2004, 04:43:22 PM
"She will do as you instruct, Je'gan. She is very obediant, I'd have no worries with her." She took a drink.

Je'gan Olra'en
May 3rd, 2004, 04:45:40 PM
"And what would you do in the same situation? Instructed by someone you trust, someone you're loyal to, to kill thousands of people?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
May 4th, 2004, 01:21:50 PM
"Now, that was more than an interesting question. "Depends on the situation, I'm not longer a member of the Dark Angels, Je'gan and I'm not a Sith. If it were a life and death situation to help Kes, I would what I could and if it meant to take a life, then...yes, I would. But, it would only be my loyalities to Kes that would make me do such a thing. For, I do have my own life now."

Je'gan Olra'en
May 5th, 2004, 12:27:55 PM
"You're saying you'd kill hundreds, thousands of innocents...to save just one person?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
May 5th, 2004, 03:54:09 PM
A'jorrah took a drink. "I can't answer that, Je'gan. It would entirely depend on the situation at hand."

Je'gan Olra'en
May 5th, 2004, 03:57:38 PM
"Let's put it this way, then." A flicker of Sithly irritation swept through him and was gone.

More or less.

"Kes'la Bardo may grow up to have an immense impact on the galaxy. Frankly, though, there are a lot of promising apprentices out there, and a lot of Jedi Dark and Light. There's no guarantee she'll make it that far.

"And on the other hand, you care for her.

"Is she worth slaughtering a city for?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
May 5th, 2004, 04:03:16 PM
A'jorrah tapped her finger against the glass. "Well...when you put it that way. Yes, I would." And she knew that in that sole instant of doing so her relationship with Jedi Knight, Falcon Gyndar would cease to exist.

Je'gan Olra'en
May 5th, 2004, 04:08:43 PM
He sensed a change in mood, but not enough to nail anything down. A bit of sorrow, maybe, and some regret. But Je'gan, while being a mentalist, was far more adept with projection than with reception. He couldn't get anything more.

"Now that," he said, leaning comfortably back, "is an attitude I can empathize with.

"I've got a brother, about seventeen, name of Baracc. He's gotten himself mixed up with a gang on my homeworld, and he's toying with some dangerous manifestations of the Force."

Even slightly drunk, his voice went steely.

"And if I thought he was in any danger whatsoever, I would have no compunctions about blowing Varunda IX to kingdom come."

A'jorrah Mazzic
May 5th, 2004, 04:13:09 PM
"Understandable." She nodded. "Kes will always be in my heart and I would do anything to protect her...even if it meant going back to my old ways and leaving everything else behind."

Je'gan Olra'en
May 5th, 2004, 04:22:34 PM
"'Everything else'?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
May 5th, 2004, 09:15:16 PM
"The life that I have now. My new home, my job and the man that I truly love. One's life doesn't have to center on hatred, fighting or seeing who can make the most kills and I've found that out."

Je'gan Olra'en
May 6th, 2004, 06:44:41 AM
He eyed A'jorrah and took a sip, the first in some time. He'd forgotten what drink it was, but it seemed to burn on the way down his throat.

"That's a dramatic thing to do, giving up meaning in life for someone you care about. Some might say...more dramatic than the earlier case."

He quelled memories of Ceres with another swig and returned his attention to A'jorrah.

A'jorrah Mazzic
May 6th, 2004, 12:22:02 PM
A'jorrah gave him a smile. "As dramtic as it may sound, I'm quite happy. I'm no longer controlled by the Dark Angels, so I'm free to do as I choose."

Je'gan Olra'en
May 6th, 2004, 03:54:24 PM
"In which case..."

He drained his drink to give him a moment to come up with the best way to put this.

"...you join my very, very short list of people I can respect."

A'jorrah Mazzic
May 6th, 2004, 05:06:12 PM
A'jorrah smiled and nodded. "Well, you have gained my respect as well, Sir Je'gan. You train my Kes well and she'll never let you down. I guarentee it."

Je'gan Olra'en
May 7th, 2004, 06:24:17 AM
"Thank you for you assurances, ma'am."

Je'gan stood smoothly and bowed.

"I think now is a good time for me to quit these premesis. I'm just drunk enough to cause a little chaos." He donned his cloak and moved off, but stopped after a moment and wheeled on A'jorrah.

"You want another drink before I go?"

A'jorrah Mazzic
May 7th, 2004, 07:30:58 AM
"That's alright, I need to get a move on as soon as I finish up here. Also, congratulations again on your Knighthood and please give Kes my messages and my love." She smiled gently. So, glad to know that Kes was alright. "Tell her I'm proud of her."

Je'gan Olra'en
May 7th, 2004, 02:54:58 PM
"Will do. Hic."

He frowned and wandered off. That last drink had packed a punch...