PDA

View Full Version : A long overdue return..

Liam Jinn
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:57:12 AM
Many years had passed since Master Jinn had set foot on GJO property. He had left without warning, as he had in the past. It was not that he had chosen to do so without telling anyone, but time had not permitted formalities, or else he would have at least packed for the trip. But, that was behind him now; the situation was settled, and it was time to come back.

He hadn't been on Coruscant for more than an hour before he found himself standing directly in front of Temple Avalon. Time had seemed like such a distant thought before, but it was now foremost in his mind. Things indeed had changed, there was no denying it. The Jedi had made a commanding prescence on Coruscant, not to mention Yavin was now under their control. He had occasionally picked up on a few rumors whilst on his leave, but had dismissed most of them as quickly as they had registered in his mind, wary of the consequences of his mind drifting off. He had been determined to stay focused, lives depended on it. But one such rumor had perked the Jedi Masters' curiousity; The Black Hand was no more.

With a shake of his head, the flood of memories were beaten back, the task at hand lay straight in front of him. Liam stepped foward through the massive doors of Avalon, revealing the temples' own changes. In a way, he felt lost, almost as if he was a child seperated from his parents during the middle of a podrace. Yes, things change. He knew that, but when everything changes, you just have to stand back and take it all in. At least it was not all unexpected, for the Force always gave him it's own warnings. Picking up on those warnings for what they were, on the other hand, was a different story.

After a brief pause he resumed his pace and headed towards the council chamber, determined to find out what else had happened since he'd left and to apologize. He knew there would be questions about his absence, but they were the least of his concerns..

Estelle Russard
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:09:15 PM
Estelle was on her way to the Council Chambers, as was her routine at this time of the day.

Liam Jinn heard her light footsteps as she walked half a corridor behind him.

His back to her, Estelle did not recognise the figure of the man making his way ahead of her to the Chambers.

Liam Jinn
Apr 9th, 2004, 10:56:15 AM
He hadn't walked very far before he heard soft footsteps behind him. Curious as to who it was, he stopped and turned around, seeing a familiar face in the distance.

Gah, I know I've seen her before, now what is her name? he thought to himself. Estin...Estal... AH! Estelle!

He was almost certain it was her, but he hadn't been here so long, he wasn't completely sure. He smiled as she neared, trying to be as friendly as possible.

"Excuse me Miss, but aren't you Estelle Russard?" he said, hoping he hadn't made a mistake.

Estelle Russard
Apr 9th, 2004, 04:33:33 PM
Estelle looked at him blankly as she replied.

"Yes, Im Estelle.....who -- Liam Jinn? Is that you?"

Recognition seeped into her eyes, and Liam could actually see the 'penny' dropping.

"Liam! How wonderful. When did you get back?"

Liam Jinn
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:18:10 PM
A grin spread across his face. It was nice to know that someone was happy to see him back.

"I just arrived not more than two hours ago. Come, walk with me."

He motioned for her to follow and they started a slow pace towards the Council Chambers.

"So tell me, how have you and the GJO been since I left?"

Estelle Russard
Apr 10th, 2004, 11:48:36 PM
She fell into step beside Liam.

"I have been well. I have been working with some very promising Padawans, which is always an inspiration.

The Order has seen a continual influx of members seeking to devote themselves to the way of the Jedi. We are growing stronger all the time."

She sighed a little as she added, "We also have had some difficult decisions to make -- the Council, I mean. It seems more and more we are confronting issues that are neither simple nor easily resolved."

Estelle thought to herself of the worrying re-emergence of the Lost Jedi and the withdrawing from the Order of Marcus Q'Dunn; of the Cizerack petition to join the New Republic and the negotiations that had entailed; and of the most recent incident regarding the Nehantish law embroiling Sejah and J'ktal in great trial. All definitely issues that were neither simple, nor easily resolved..

Liam seemed to pick up on her guarded concern, his inquiring look pulling Estelle back to their conversation.

"However" she added with great optimism, "the most recent and exciting development is the Order establishing a satelite Academy on Yavin IV"

Liam Jinn
Apr 11th, 2004, 04:44:26 AM
As Estelle mentioned the Council, Liam looked over at her, his grin fading somewhat as he began studying her features. From what he picked up, she was a Council Member, though it was not a surprise. She had always been an outstanding member of the Order. She seemed a bit worried, though it did not show for long. His eyebrow was raised slightly as she realised he was staring at her. Not pausing for more than a second or two she continued,

"However, the most recent and exciting development is the Order establishing a satelite Academy on Yavin IV"

Ah, so the rumors had been true, the Jedi were finally reclaiming what was once theirs. This was good news, yet he felt slightly odd about it.

I wonder how they managed to get it... he thought, smiling as he did, so not to seem preoccupied by the news.

"This is very good news indeed. Who is there running the Academy?" he said as they neared the Chambers' doors. "Or would I even know them?"

Estelle Russard
Apr 11th, 2004, 11:49:34 AM
"Yes, indeed you would know them - Masters AB and Evanar are heading things up..."

She added as the bearer of glad news, "Did you know they are now married?"

Liam Jinn
Apr 12th, 2004, 09:54:05 AM
"Married?"

He forced a smile. The mention of the word had brought painful memories back from hiding in his mind. So much had happened..

"This is news to me!" He said shaking those memories from his head. "Well, I wish them the best of luck."

As they reached the Chambers doorway, he paused and faced Estelle.

"I believe it is time for me to notify the Council of my return, though I'm not sure that anyone will know who I am."

He chuckled and stepped into the Council Chambers, not knowing what to expect..

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:09:55 PM
The sound of the chamber doors caught Navaria's attention and she looked up from her datapad, ready to greet whoever it was that entered. She smiled as soon as Estelle entered and rose to greet her, but there was another with her. At first, Navaria didn't recognize the man at Estelle's side but upon studying his face at length, her eyes grew wide in surprise. "Liam! You've returned!"

Liam Jinn
Apr 15th, 2004, 09:54:43 AM
Liam grinned as he recognised who it was.

"Navaria Tarkin, how wonderful to see you again. Yes, I've returned, and I'm sorry to say it wasn't sooner."

He bowed his head slightly, his grin fading.

"Please, forgive me for my sudden depature and my lengthy absence. I have finished what I had needed to finish, so I am at the full disposal of the Order once again."

He raised his head and locked eyes with Navaria, showing that he was indeed sincere in his apology. It had been too long since he had seen his fellow Jedi, but he was glad to be back.

"I only wish more of the Council were here so that they could hear my apology."

Kelt Simoson
Apr 15th, 2004, 05:19:38 PM
The doors swung open a second time and in trotted Jedi Knight Kelt Simoson, his nose deep in a data pad which explained what todays Council audiences and tasks were. He hardly noticed the two at the foot of the door untill he nearly bumped into Estelle who was once again, as she often was, was quite beautiful.

' Oh im terribly sorry Est-' He looked awkwardly from Estelle to Liam and then back to Estelle with a puzzled look upon his face. He had seen this man before, but in the early days of his training here at the Order and he was running through all the names he thought the named bared in his mind.

' Liam? My my Liam Jinn! It is good to see you...' A smile flashed over Kelts faced as he raised a hand to shake the Jedi Masters hand in welcome.

Estelle Russard
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:26:54 PM
Estelle took a step back, though Kelt had stopped in time to avoid stepping into her, and smiled at him. He was funny as he pulled his nose from the agenda datapad in his hands to fluster an apology, only to switch tack half way through, surprised by the presence of a comrade returned.

She dropped further back to allow Liam to reply to Kelt and came to stand beside Navaria.

"An old face, and a welcome one" she quietly observed to Navaria.

Estelle did not know much of the reason for Liam's departure and wondered if Navaria was more knowleadgeable on the subject.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 17th, 2004, 08:06:50 PM
"There are more of us here then you think," she said just as Kelt made his grand entrance. Estelle had fallen back to stand near here and the Knight nodded to the Master Jedi's observation. "Indeed. We probably won't have to wait long before Liam explains why he had to leave without a word. The Council feared the worse, but we held our faith that the Force would lead him to us again."

Liam Jinn
Apr 17th, 2004, 09:58:08 PM
Liam took Kelt's hand with a smile, shaking with a firm grip.

"It is good to see you too Kelt. I trust you've kept everything running smoothly?" he said with a wink. His sensitive ears had picked up on Navaria and Estelle's quiet conversation, and he decided to not delay this further.

The Jedi Master took a step towards the door then turned to face his fellow Jedi.

"Why I left must be kept to myself for now, unfortunately. Just know that I was fufilling an oath I swore to a friend. No, not a friend; family. I'm sorry I cannot give any further details, but I believe it is for the best." he paused for a brief second, looking at each Jedi in the eyes, then continued,

"I followed our Code every step of the way though, if that helps dispell any curiousity."

He bowed his head and sighed.

"I feel that I have let the Order down by not being here by it's side. So much has happened in my leave.. If there is anything I can do to make up for my absence, please, do not hesistate to ask it of me."

Kelt Simoson
Apr 17th, 2004, 10:12:39 PM
'Promices and oaths are very important Liam and although i must admit the Council would have liked to have known about your leaving im quite sure they do not need for you to ammend for your absence, i know i would not ask of it...' Kelt looked around to the other two Jedi Council Members knowing that they both surely agree.

Figrin D'an
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:32:12 PM
"Indeed," a voice added. The group turned to see a figure standing in the doorway of the Council chambers. "I doubt the Council would seek any form of compensation for your absence. That you have returned, alive and well, and have accomplished your task is far more important to us."

Figrin stepped into the room, looking at the few gathered Jedi and their newly returned comrade.

"It's been a long time, Liam," he said with a smile. "It's good to see you again."

Liam Jinn
Apr 20th, 2004, 10:57:40 AM
Liam turned around to see who had entered the room. He immediately recognised Master D'an and smiled.

"Good to see you as well, Figrin." He bowed his head towards the Jedi Master, then continued.

"I thank the Council for letting me use some of their time, and if there is nothing that you ask of me, I will go and rest.."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:32:01 PM
"You had a long journey. It would be foolish of you to not rest. There is always time for talking later," she offered a smile of understanding.

Estelle Russard
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:52:17 PM
Estelle echoed Navaria's sentiment - there would be time for catching up once Liam had got himself rested and settled once again.

Verse Dawnstrider
Apr 24th, 2004, 08:13:13 PM
A figure wrapped in an simple cloak. His whole body was covered by it. A deep hood pulled over his head covered his face. He sniffed the air a few times.

"I knew I smelled somethign funny in the air. It was strong enough to pull me away from Eden. Greetings Brother Liam. It has been to long sence the Black Sheep have been in the same room........."

Liam Jinn
Apr 25th, 2004, 06:44:59 PM
Before Liam had the chance to leave, a familiar voice caught the Jedi Masters' attention. With a raised eyebrow, he turned and recognised the figure immediately.

"Sorry, haven't had a chance to shower recently," he said with a grin, "but I honestly didn't think I smelled that bad."

With a chuckle, he shook Verse's hand.

"It has been way too long, and we have some catching up to do, I think.."

Verse Dawnstrider
May 2nd, 2004, 05:41:02 PM
Verse smiled. Few had seen him as of late as well.

"Yes indeed, find me when you have a chance."