PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Tilled Earth

AmazonBabe
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:32:47 PM
- - - - -

Outside, near the side entrance to the giant Massassi Temple.

:: In the shade of a giant tree that resemble a weeping willow, a pair of hands gently and almost motherly placed another budding plant into the ground. AB had been up since the first light of the morning sun had penetrated the canopy of trees, planting edible plants and healing herbs in the garden she had started to create. ::

:: She was in her eliment here, and while her hands physically worked the earth where she knelt, her mind bent the Force to shape the rest of the earth around her, sifting it, letting the natural nutrients in the soft moist dirt gather oxygen to accept and nurture new life. ::

:: She'd gotten a couple of square yards down already, but there was much more work to do besides planting. She had put in a request to have materials for a green house brought in to protect the young saplings and to ensure a bountiful crop. ::

:: Finishing with the small plant, she sat back on her heels and breathed deeply. A soft smile crept on her lips. It had been a long time since she'd smelled the freshly hewn earth, the musty and mossy odor of a jungle. She missed her home planet of Zonoma Sekot. ::

:: Letting out a soft sigh, she picked up another small bundle wrapped in a tiny burlap sack, picked it out of the sack, and began to replant it. Ryla should be coming soon, And while AB enjoyed tilling the earth, she never turned down an extra pair of hands. ::

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 7th, 2004, 10:01:48 PM
(note: Split for clarity, hope you don't mind. :) )

I had instructed the droid to leave my things in my quarters, eager to get outside and take in the scent of this unique planet. It was nothing at all like Coruscant, and even less like the planet of my childhood, Tatooine. After several steps into of of the small, twining pathways that cris-crossed the expansive jungle, I had already decided that I liked it very much.

All around me was the green cradle of the jungle, thick and lush, as if the jungle itself was perched on consuming the small temple behind me. But... no. If the surrounding jungle had been one with the Force, I would have only sensed a benevolent welcoming, as if it knew and approved of tiny beings crawling through its hair.

Up before me, I felt the presence of another person before I picked out the brilliant red of Rie's hair, the green of her tunics having nearly completely belended in to the foliage. Smiling in peace and contentment, I sit down beside her.

"Well, this is certainly the change in location."

AmazonBabe
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:52:02 PM
That it is.

:: AB looked up after patting the ground around the newly planted sapling. She smiled at Ryla. ::

Have you been able to settle in to your new home yet?

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 8th, 2004, 03:29:33 PM
"Yes," I replied, settling into a more comfortable space on the ground. "It's so quiet here, so peaceful."

Indeed, it was amazing how much noise, both physicaly and through the Force, that the Temple on Coruscant had generated. Here, there were so few people that I could almost sense each individual. "I believe I will enjoy it here, for as long as I remain."

AmazonBabe
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:22:58 PM
:: AB smiled even wider. ::

Good.

:: She turned and picked up a sapling wrapped in burlap. ::

Now... maybe you'd like to help me?

:: She giggled, placing the newly budding sapling before Ryla. At the sound of her giggle, one of the buds popped and blossomed into a tiny yellow flower. ::

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 12th, 2004, 12:01:21 AM
I blinked, amazed at what I had just seen... and felt. The laughter was much more than a sound, it was some kind of force wave, something that sped up the growth of the buds on the plant. It was unlike anything I had seen before.

"Wow!" I marveled, examining the flower gently with my hand, "That's quite the gift."

AmazonBabe
Apr 12th, 2004, 07:30:16 PM
:: AB shrugged. ::

The plant senses my happiness and thus it reacts accordingly. It was nothing I did directly to it... it did it on it's own.

:: Her smile continued to play on AB's lips as she finished handing the plant to Ryla, who was gently poking and stroking the velvety petals of the yellow flower. AB gestured towards that plant. ::

That's the Naboo hybinia. There are several species of the hybinia, but this one is unique as it's pollen can be used in a mixture with plain creme to soothe aching muscles. It also has a relaxing aroma that some put into candle wax.

:: She went back to picking up another of the same plants and beginning a new home for it in the ground. ::

I'm hoping as soon as this crop of them matures to be able to make ointments and even some candles to place within the Temple. Something to soothe the aching mucsles and quel the nerves after a long day of training.

:: She hummed softly to herself as she placed the sapling in the ground, patting the moist dirt around it. She chuckled, looking up. ::

How long before you think Morgan starts to worry that I'll "girlify" the place?

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 13th, 2004, 09:38:47 AM
I dug my hands into the soil, which was rich and dark, crumbling easily, unlike anything I had seen before.

"Well, this is a big jungle..." I laughed, brushing a strand of hair our of my face. "I'm sure he won't mind, whatever you do. He'd follow you to the ends of the Galaxy. Your bond is very, very strong."

Reaching for an additional small plant starter, I copied Rie's motions and did my best to place the roots at the right depth, spreading dirt around the base and patting it down lightly. I could almost already feel that the plant was thanking me for giving it a home in such a fine place.

AmazonBabe
Apr 13th, 2004, 05:07:09 PM
"I'm sure he won't mind, whatever you do. He'd follow you to the ends of the Galaxy. Your bond is very, very strong."

:: AB stopped her motion and looked up ahead into the jungle, nodding her head absent mindedly refering to Ryla's last comment. ::

Mmmm... yes, it is.

:: She frowned. ::

Speaking of which, he said he'd be out here to explore the outlying jungle to make sure it was safe for when we'd start receiving students.

:: She looked back down at the bundles of plants still stacked and ready for planting. Huffing slightly, she stood, gesturing for Ryla to do the same. ::

Stand very still.

:: She closed her eyes and opened herself fully to the Force, seeing the freshly tilled soil and plants through the eyes of the Force. In her mind, the soil began to pop small holes big enough for the plants that were awaiting planting, little spurts of dirt flying a few inches from the ground and resting again into neat piles around the hole. Once that task was complete, the bundles of plants rose from the ground in single file and began to dance down the row of holes, each bundle lining up with a hole. The bundles hovered over it's own respective hole, while the pieces of burlap came away and were flung into a neat stack on the edge of the planting field. Then the plants lowered into their holes, and began to be covered with the sopil, evenly around it's stems until the roots were encased in their new home. ::

:: A few minutes later, AB opened her eyes to see several rows of plants neatly spaced, with each row containing a different species of plant, herb, or root. ::

:: Smiling, she bent down and picked up some tags that had the names of the plants on them and looked at Ryla. ::

Last but not least.

:: Looking back at the field, she blew the tags away from her hands, each one catching a tiny wisp of wind and landing in it's respective row, showing which plant was where. ::

:: She rubbed her hands together, taking the excess dirt off. ::

There, all done.

:: She looked at Ryla again. ::

Not the most practical way, but definitely the most effective. We'll do the bulbs and seeds later.
And hopefully the supplies for the green house should come in either tomorrow or the next day.

:: She gestured to her blue friend. ::

Let's see if we can't find Morgan. If we can't, we'll explore the surrounding jungle ourselves.

Sun Zao
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:31:36 AM
"What are you doing to my home?!?"

A voice seemed to boom from the summit of the nearest Massassi pyramid. At the end of the distant stair path up the structure, an old man could barely be seen, sitting cross-legged at the top of the stony perch, glaring down at the two Jedi.

AmazonBabe
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:37:00 AM
:: Both Jedi women stopped in their tracks and slowly looked up to where the sound had come from. The two pairs of keen eyes made out the sillouette of an old man, sitting cross-legged, near the top of the pyramid. ::

:: Both women looked at each other momentarily before looking back up again. ::

We... didn't realize someone was... living here?

:: A silent message went out to her husband. ::

Oh Mooooorgan... you'd better get out here.

Sun Zao
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:48:01 AM
"So, I see."

The hermit rose slowly to his feet, and took a few ginger steps down the stairs toward Rie and Ryla. However, on his third step, his gait faltered, and the old man tumbled head-first down the long flight of stony walkway. Bouncing end-over-end, he rolled towards the two Jedi at the base of the pyramid, seemingly suffering a cataclysmic accident. Just before falling to the ground at their feet, the codger recovered effortlessly from his "fall", and leapt into the air, landing perfectly on his feet in front of the two women.

Unscathed save for the ruffling of his long white beard, the elderly hermit ran a hand through his distinguished mane, smoothing it down as it had been before. There was nary a cut or bruise on him.

"You find this place all in disarray and attempt to tidy it up like a woman would."

AmazonBabe
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:58:29 AM
I... that is... No... I mean...

:: AB stumbled over her words, somewhat agape at how he'd managed to survive the ftumble. He didn't feel as though he had Force powers, but then again she'd read that there was something special about these temples that could channel powers to those that were diciplined enough. AB shook her head. ::

I didn't think that tending to the earth was an offense. If you have taken offense to this, I am truely sorry.

:: She looked at him and smiled, gesturing to herself and then to Ryla. ::

I'm Rie Mystt and this is Ryla Relvinian. We're Jedi.

:: She looked at him quizically, but still smiling. ::

A pleasure to meet your aquaintance, Mr...?

Sun Zao
Apr 19th, 2004, 11:29:34 AM
"Of course you are!"

The old man made a face.

"You people come to this place like its a vacation resort. I've seen it all before.

First it was the boy with the metal hand, chasing some stupid woman. Then, it was his son and his friends with their space ships and the metal moon. Yes yes yes, I've seen it all. You all make too much racket, make it hard for me to hear myself think."

The tirade seemed to make the old man tired. He then closed his eyes and for a few seconds, seemed to snooze while standing. He then opened his eyes with a fierce gaze, which relented slightly.

"So...have you found what you are looking for in this place?"

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 19th, 2004, 11:36:10 AM
"We're not... Looking for anything." I replied, somewhat startled by the man's presence, yet keeping my tone calm.

"We mean no disrespect to you or your home. Had we known someone lived here, we would never have bothered you." In truth, I had not felt his presence through the Force until now. He was certainly a unique presence; Not trained, per se, but very powerful in his own way. What a curious combination...

Sun Zao
Apr 19th, 2004, 11:43:46 AM
"So you have come to scratch a living in the forest then?"

Sun ambled towards the "garden" that Rie and Ryla had crafted, prodding at the growing plants as he walked.

AmazonBabe
Apr 19th, 2004, 12:33:21 PM
In a way.

:: AB looked at Ryla and then followed the old man from a short distance. ::

We were merely growing medicinal herbs. Ryla and I are Healers.

:: AB was slightly ditracted by what the old man had said about the history he had just spouted. In all accounts, this made the man very old, almost as old as she was, save that her physical appearance aged much more slowly than an average being; such was the life cycle of one native to the world of Senoma Zekot. But this man was already quite old... who knew how long he had actually lived. ::

If I may ask, without sounding ignorant or intrusive... how long have you been here?

Sun Zao
Apr 19th, 2004, 04:35:24 PM
"In the next coming spring cycle, it will be ninety-five years."

With a knowing twinkle in his eye, the old man continued.

"And you wish to know the secret of my longevity, of course? Moral, healthy living, yes?"

Sun laughed, a brazen haughty sound coming from such a frail-looking character.

"Of course not! I smoke like a chimney and oogle at young women such as your blue friend!"

He then leered slightly at Ryla from behind his wispy facial hair.

AmazonBabe
Apr 19th, 2004, 04:38:29 PM
Er... I see.

:: AB watched him for awhile, a small smile spreading on her features. She wasn't frightened of him so much as she was curious. ::

So you have made your home here on Yavin IV...

:: He was still walking around the freshly planted garden, or at least what was done of it. ::

How did you come here?

Sun Zao
Apr 19th, 2004, 05:00:26 PM
"The same way anyone else comes here."

Sun answered as if pained to state the obvious.

"On a ship from the stars, the same as you and your friend."

Morgan Evanar
Apr 19th, 2004, 06:28:48 PM
Morgan ran up beside Rie. He raised an eyebrow at the redhead before glancing briefly over at Ryla. Both seemed calm enough, which was unsurprising.

Evanar looked the old man over quickly. He oozed grumpy and sarcastic, and smelled of smoking herbs.

"I think Lady Mystt meant how you came to be here. The story behind the ship and the stars preceeding."

Sun Zao
Apr 19th, 2004, 06:39:23 PM
"Bah!"

Sun waved a dismissive hand.

"All these questions, and we've only now just met. One may think the key to wisdom is the mind, but it is not. The key to wisdom is most assuredly through the stomach."

Sun smiled, a quick, thin gesture, draped by his moustache.

"I am an old man, and it is past lunch time."

He looked to Rie and Ryla, stroking his beard in deep contemplation.

"You women can grow herbs for healing. You should also grow food for cooking, I say. It has been many years since I have had the company of a good woman in the kitchen."

AmazonBabe
Apr 19th, 2004, 06:45:14 PM
:: He was to the point, if anything. AB worked her jaw a few times, trying to think of something to say next. But when words failed her, she looked at Ryla. ::

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to grant the old man a warm meal? We have after all seemed to have stumbled upon his home.

:: She looked to Morgan, waiting to see if he had anything else to say on the matter. ::

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 19th, 2004, 10:49:09 PM
"Absolutely." I cut in, striding forward and offering my arm to the friendly and only slightly odd old man. "Will you join us for some food, back at the temple?"

If this was his home, and it seemed that he was much more powerful than his slight, aged frame would allow, then it might be our job to warm him up to the idea of yet another group of Jedi coming to brave the jungle.

Sun Zao
Apr 20th, 2004, 07:50:06 AM
The old man's features softened a bit once more, and he grinned comically.

"That would be most acceptible."

Morgan Evanar
Apr 20th, 2004, 12:58:22 PM
Morgan deadpanned, keeping a neutral gaze. The fact that Sun Zao was here made him wonder if there was anyone else wandering around on the moon. The way the old man walked vaugely reminded him of Jubie's gait, but he didn't know if it was possible in the Calanic tradition. The Jedi Master wondered how addled this old man's brain was from living on Yavin for so many years.

"Lunch sounds like a good idea." He said warmly.

AmazonBabe
Apr 20th, 2004, 05:43:04 PM
:: AB smiled and took hold of Morgan's arm, in the same way Ryla had taken the old man's. She pulled herself close to him, talking mainly to him, but loud enough for the others to hear. ::

How about a nice big bantha sub with everything in and on it?

Sun Zao
Apr 20th, 2004, 07:15:36 PM
Sun looked suprised.

"No such pig slop! Such heavy food is for those with short lives and wide bottoms. Rice and vegetable soup is better for the constitution. One hundred and twenty two years I have lived, and it has suited me just fine."

With that, the Calanic drew up an oversized sleeve of his robe. His arm was wiry and lean, as if it belonged to a man a sixth of his age.

Sun laughed, shaking his sleeve down again as they walked.

AmazonBabe
Apr 20th, 2004, 08:05:16 PM
:: AB shook her head and smiled. She just didn't feel like talking back and informaing the funny old man that her offer had been to Morgan. ::

:: Never the less, she did speak positively. ::

And a boil of steamed rice and vegtables you shall have. Plus a pot of tea.

:: He reminded her so much of Jubei, she took a wild gander that the old man would like some tea. ::

Morgan Evanar
Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:10:31 PM
Morgan idly glanced at his bottom shrugged the commentary off. He had trouble picturing it wide. He could eat other kinds of food, but there is a lot to be said for high energy density with his body.

Absentmindedly, he ran his hand up and down Rie's back.