PDA

View Full Version : Personal Ship

Travis North
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:10:43 PM
A figure disembarked the lamda-class shuttle in the docking bay. The figure was a Sovereignty officer. At a closer inspection of the crisp grey uniform the rank of commander could be seen. He walked out from under the shuttle and proceeded to the door. He gave a nod to the mechanic working on a droid by the door.

Commander Travis North was on shore leave and figured he would do some planet hoping, but first he needed a ship. The Sovereignty shipyards were to busy to handle a small personal order so Travis went to the next best place, the Sith shipyards at Corellia.

As he passed through the door. He took note that the station was well kept, it's polished floors shined as did the walls. He made his way to the adminstrative office following the signs in the corridors. He found it and walked up to the orders desk and waited for an attendent to show up.

Lady Vader
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:46:50 PM
An attendant was seated at the desk and looked up when the Imperial stepped into the office.

"Good morning, sir. What can I help you with?"

Travis North
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:18:31 PM
"I wish to purchase a personal ship." Travis said to the attendant, "The Imperial yards are running a bit slow lately and I can't wait 2 months to have a civilian ship built at a military yard."

Travis paused a second to think of which type of craft he wanted. He looked at the holovisions. They showed lists of available models. A few caught his attention.

"A yacht mostly for personal transport possibly military use. Do you have anything that matches the description?"

Lady Vader
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:31:05 PM
The attendant turned to her computer and began furiously typing into a key pad, making "mmmm" and "mmmhhmmm" sounds. A few seconds later she looked up.

"We don't seem to have anything of what you described in our rosters as of yet, but if you wish to have a ship built it would have to be passed through the Elders first before any contract could be created, signed, and passed along to the engineers."

She reached behind her and crabbed a medium sized data pad and handed it to him.

"If you wish to continue with your course of purchasing a ship, I'll need to to fill out this form. Then I can have it presented before the Elders."

Travis North
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:21:48 PM
Better late then never was the thought that ran through Travis' mind. By the time the ship could be built his shore leave would be over but he figured he'd best have a personal ship to travel and live in rather than running around in an Imperial shuttle.

"I shall fill out the form then. I guess it's better than waiting a year." He said taking the stylus out of the datapad. "Do you know how long this will take to get this order sent through? If it's anything like the Empire it'll take weeks."

Travis began filling the datapad out. It was the usual type of contract. Name and stuff like that. He double checked it then handed it back to the attendant.

"Do you know of any place on Corellia where I might spend some time vacationing while I wait for the order to go through?" He asked figuring he would stay on the planet for his shore leave.

Lady Vader
Apr 8th, 2004, 08:40:46 PM
The attendant took the datapad and skimmed it over once before looking up at the Imperial and answering his question.

"Well, this is just a request form. It's not actually an order form."

She began to explain as breifly as possible without going into a long-winded monologue.

"You see, the request form goes to the Elders for approval. Once in there hands it can take a day to several to weeks for them to mull over whether they want to grant you a ship or not. If they do approve your request, then we call you back to fill out another form; the order form. From there, and depending on what ships are being built and for whom, and where in line your order falls, it could take anywhere from a few weeks to several months."

She smiled.

"As to a good place to stay here on Corellia, the city of Coronet is just down the hill from here. I'd recomend the Coronet Jewel Courtyard. It's pricey, but exquisitly magnificant. If you don't want to be in the city, I suggest the Seascape Beach resort just to the South of the Palace, along the shoreline. If you don't want anything too plush, then there's a quaint hotel called The Panther's Inn just down the road and to the north. It's not high and mighty, but it's very homey and extremely quiet and comfortable."

Travis North
Apr 9th, 2004, 05:38:21 AM
"Thanks for the information then. I beleive I'll stay at the Inn and wait there if anything comes up. A little peace and quiet would be good." Travis said.

He looked at his wrist chrono. It was almost time for the shuttle to depart for Thyferra, with or without Travis. He thought it best to grab his stuff before it did.

"Thanks again for the information." He said once more as he left for the docking bay.

Travis North
Sep 9th, 2004, 04:56:59 PM
.... ((I still want my ship. It's important for I require it for RPing purposes and plus having the Sith make adds to it's history.))

Rasha Vill
Oct 4th, 2004, 09:53:07 AM
A few days had passed since Travis had made his request. And the request had been passed through the sith and off to her offices. She had sent a message to Travis's hotel for him to meet her here in the shipyard, and hopefuly he would be here soon.

Samantha, Rasha's assistant pokes her head into the room. "Miss, a Mr. North is here to see you."

Rasha nods. "Send him in."

Travis North
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:01:53 PM
The assistant waved Travis to come in. He got up out of the chair in the guest area and entered the shipyard's office for Corellia's Mayor Rasha Vill.

He gave the Mayor a slight nod as he walked in and greeted her. "Ma'am, thank you for seeing me. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Major Travis North of the Sovereignty Starfighter Corp. The Sovereignty sends it's respects to you and your government."

Travis took up a position firmly in front of the desk, he dare not sit right away for it might be taken as disrespect to a person of such power without being asked. He clasped his hands at the small of his back. His face showed that he was content with the slightest hint of a smile.

Rasha Vill
Oct 4th, 2004, 03:57:21 PM
"I am pleased to meet you Major North." Rasha says smiling at him. "Please have a seat and we can discuss the posibility the construction of your ship."

After Travis sits down Rasha looks over the forms that he previously filled out.

"I see here that you are looking for a A personal yacht that is equiped like a military vessle." Rasha looks up at Travis. "You are aware that a vessle of this style would have to be custom built, and that it would not come cheap."

Travis North
Oct 4th, 2004, 04:56:06 PM
Travis laughed, "Hah, I never let the idea of it being cheap enter my mind. I saved up a lot of credits for this, I dont spend much either, considering the needs I have are provided by the Empire."

He relaxed slightly, and stretched his lags out in the chair, "Not to mention enheritence, my family would probably argue, me spending it on a ship was probably not a plan of their's, but they have been gone for a long time. I have enough credits to cover an armada of upgraded TIE Interceptors and then some."

Rasha Vill
Oct 5th, 2004, 09:31:20 AM
Rasha nods. "Alright, would you care to tell me in a little more detail what excatly you are looking for?"

Travis North
Oct 8th, 2004, 08:11:40 PM
"Well I was thinking about a heavily modified Action VI transport." he began, "I want it to be capable of withstanding a barrage from a Neb Frigate at the very least. And enough weapons to fight back."

He paused a while to think specifically about what he wanted. "Perhaps if I could see what technology you have available."

Rasha Vill
Oct 12th, 2004, 09:49:50 AM
Rasha looks up at Travis.

"Do you really expect us to show you a list of all our technology? I don't think the empire would do that for us if we asked. But ether way we will be able to accomadate your request, though with the current wait list it will take about a year before we can start."

Rasha pauses for a moment to let what she said sink in.

"But... Since I'm such a nice person, I'll give you a favor. I'll get you your ship in about two weeks, plus I'll cover half the cost of your ship. In return you leave a way for me to contact you at anytime and some time in the future, I may come and ask for you to do something fo me. How does that sound."

Travis North
Oct 15th, 2004, 02:48:08 PM
"Sound interresting, I agree to do this." He said knowingly that this favor may include some risks, but it got him the ship quicker which at the time sounded excellent. "Although I trust you know I can't be called away during an operation for the Empire. If you need to contact me, my comm number and holonet message system can be found in my profile within the holonet database."

He straightened out his back before he said anything more. A question came to his mind.

"If it is possible. May I oversee the construction of the ship? I hadn't really seen a ship constucted, save for flying by shipyards in a fighter."

Rasha Vill
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:34:06 PM
"Oh I understand that a person's duty comes first before favors, so there should be no worry of me calling you away from a mission, And for the chance of you being able to watch, I'll inform the Forman that you will be watching. Though be forwarned that the forman may put you to work, he doesn't like having idle bodies sitting around his shop."

--------------TWO WEEKS LATER-----------

The work was being done on building the ship all around the clock, though only with a work crew of a number of droids and a 10 people excluding Travis (Who was put to work when ever he was watching), the ship was still completed with in the two week time margin.

Over that time Rasha was collecting information on Travis, and of course doing her normal duties as mayor of Corellia. but the papers had now reached her desk for her to release the ship from the Sith dockyards, and Travis was due to arrive any moment so she could sign the papers over to him.

Travis North
Dec 7th, 2004, 09:44:28 AM
Major North walked in the room and saluted the Mayor as she sat behind her desk.

"Greetings Governess. By the summons I assume the ship is ready to be turned over to my control."

Rasha Vill
Dec 7th, 2004, 11:01:16 AM
Rasha smiles.

"Yes, your ship is ready, A little ahead of the estimated time as well, thanks to your help in it's construction. All that needs to be done is the last few bits of paper work, and you still need to pay your half of the costs as agreed before."

Rasha says as she slides a clipboard with 4 forms attached to it. The forms go over things like making sure Travis understands the responsibility of the owner, and what is covered under waranty, proof of ownership and billing information.